The state Rests in The State v. Jodi Arias: break in trial until 28 January 2013 #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, but for either M or F. Whenever I heard of anyone cheating, I always blamed the person in the relationship who cheated with the single person. The person in the reltionship has the responsibility to be faithful to their partner.

When I was dating any person. If I ever found out they cheated, I would dump them in a heart beat and not be too awful mad at the person they cheated with. It didnt matter to me as my partner is the one I blamed the most.

Oh yeah, for sure. It's just that I rarely if ever have heard a cuckolded man refer to his "rival" as a shameless hussy lol. They usually have no problem blaming their own 'ho of a wife lol

Jodi didn't realize she could have gotten many men, even men more up-n-coming and truly wealthy and outside the Mormon church even. She acted like TA was her only option for a new life away from Yreka and waitressing. Clearly many men were attracted to her and she could have pretty easily landed any number of them (or even several if that's what she wanted). So what was going on inside clearly did not match the outside. You can practically envision her wrapped around his ankle as he's dragging her to get away after telling her "it's over." Sadly months later she managed to get the last word on that. She did not get it. Threw her life away and savagely ended his.

Hi, Madeleine74. I can agree with your every word. For Jodi, Travis was appealing in every way: He was personable, engaging, and professionally successful. And for someone who subscribed so totally to the Law of Attraction as she did, he was the ultimate catch: A horny thirty-year-old virgin who wanted to get married. (I've always thought that long-enforced chastity might be the ultimate aphrodisiac.)

Even after Travis broke up with her, she turned to another upwardly bound Prepaid manager and it seems significant to me that after Travis' death, she was attempting to convince Ryan Burns (not to be chaste but) to reconnect with the Mormon church. It's almost as if she was trying to remake him as Travis.

So if she was in Cali and he was in Ariz, that would be illegal?
That's the way I read it.

http://www.diligentiagroup.com/lega...legal-to-record-a-phone-call-or-conversation/

However, what if you are recording a phone conversation taking place between two different states that have two different consent requirements? For example, if you are making a phone call from New York (a one-party state) to California (a two-party state), what do you do?

The general rule of thumb is that you should abide by the law of the state with the most strict statute, which in this case would be California.

I can't help but think that the only reason they're allowing this evidence is because of the media circus.

Is it pertinent? Does it show that TA beat her? I don't think so.

Why is it pertinent if he was verbally abusive? She drove 1000 miles to him. She could have stayed home.

Do you have any idea how much a case like this cost the state? I'm guessing at least $2mil.

I agree. Its the man's fault although it sure didnt bother JA either. But it sure seems JA liked spreading it around. I bet there are plenty others out there too that are shaking in their boots thinking someone is going to tell they had sex with JA whether they are married or not.

What I do think is telling though is she seems to target Morman men.

IMO

I wonder if that's not a thing that happened when she got involved in PPL. I don't think we've heard about Mormon hook-ups prior to Travis, but I could have missed it.

Assuming the knives were testing forensically for blood and excluded, this "new evidence" aren't the murder weapons. Even if the State had presented it, the defense could spin it as you said, to show she needed protection while on the road.

I believe the State expects they will use it on rebuttal, if the defense opens the door.

MOO

I realize the 9mm gun wasnt the same gun as the .25 caliber that was used, but the fact she was attempting to flee according to LE. The PA could have gotten the LE people to testify they thought she was about to flee the area. That wold have showed the jurors more that she felt guilty and was trying to leave her mom's house to get out of town and maybe disappear.

I guess I just wish they would bring everthing out on the table for the jury. If the defense brings up these "surprises", it will surely look like the PA was trying to hide things. No matter if they were or were not. It will look like it to the jury.

I think the PA should just bring everything out. No sense in hiding anything. Especially stuff like attempting to flee, and having knives and guns again. LOL

I saw NG too. WOW. What really bugs me the most about the new news is that the PA did not bring up during the trial about her buying the 9mm, hiding it in the rental car and was attempting to flee according to LE.

I think the PA has really made some big mistakes in not bringing out everything. Because if the defense brings up important stuff like the 9mm gun she bought, they can spin it as she liked to have a gun for protection.

And the jury is going to automatically think the PA was trying to hide stuff. This is becoming more and more like the KC trial and I am afraid it is heading for same type of verdict.

well the fact that she bought a 9mm was brought out in her LE interview - as far as the trying to run - since she is claiming self defense, i think they don't want to load up the jury w/ unnecessary facts maybe?? cuz i bet the defense could spin her trying to flee into the whole abuse story - imo

It's got to be at least $10mil by now. Lawyers, judge,detectives, forensic scientists and testing, court costs...

I saw NG too. WOW. What really bugs me the most about the new news is that the PA did not bring up during the trial about her buying the 9mm, hiding it in the rental car and was attempting to flee according to LE.

I think the PA has really made some big mistakes in not bringing out everything. Because if the defense brings up important stuff like the 9mm gun she bought, they can spin it as she liked to have a gun for protection.

And the jury is going to automatically think the PA was trying to hide stuff. This is becoming more and more like the KC trial and I am afraid it is heading for same type of verdict.

I don't think it is evidence unless the defense brings it up. It's not the same gun and not the same knives or they would be in evidence. She never had the chance to flee. jmo

I can't help but think that the only reason they're allowing this evidence is because of the media circus.

Is it pertinent? Does it show that TA beat her? I don't think so.

Why is it pertinent if he was verbally abusive? She drove 1000 miles to him. She could have stayed home.

Do you have any idea how much a case like this cost the state? I'm guessing at least $2mil.

I'm not a lawyer so I can't explain it to you but she does have a right to put on a defense, whatever her defense may be. The media plays no part in what the judge chooses to let in as evidence. jmo

Jodi didn't realize she could have gotten many men, even men more up-n-coming and truly wealthy and outside the Mormon church even. She acted like TA was her only option for a new life away from Yreka and waitressing. Clearly many men were attracted to her and she could have pretty easily landed any number of them (or even several if that's what she wanted). So what was going on inside clearly did not match the outside. You can practically envision her wrapped around his ankle as he's dragging her to get away after telling her "it's over." Sadly months later she managed to get the last word on that. She did not get it. Threw her life away and savagely ended his.

I don't know if it was about getting other men because there is no doubt in my mind that she could. Some men treat women like buying a Lamborghini. " See what I can buy?"

Like Anna Nicole Smith. The old dude did not care if she loved him. She was a possession bought and paid for.

Jodi's thing was revenge. He dissed her and he was going to pay! It did not matter if she could get a new better guy five minutes later

When JA was baptized into the Mormon faith, TA was standing by her side.

After the baptism, did TA have some ongoing role and/or responsibility with regard to JA in the Mormon church? Spiritual guide? Mentor? TIA

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/dr/hln/www/release/sites/default/files/static/images/baptizied.jpg
baptizied.jpg

Who in the heck knows how many she had. She was 28 years old when she met Travis.

Oh no, not a one will come out and admit it, imo. This particular guy didnt come out either did he? He just told another guy and they told? I bet the married guy's heart was in his throat if he was watching Nancy's show tonight.:floorlaugh:

i bet every one of his friends wives are calling him right now!!:floorlaugh:

Hi, Madeleine74. I can agree with your every word. For Jodi, Travis was appealing in every way: He was personable, engaging, and professionally successful. And for someone who subscribed so totally to the Law of Attraction as she did, he was the ultimate catch: A horny thirty-year-old virgin who wanted to get married. (I've always thought that long-enforced chastity might be the ultimate aphrodisiac.)

Even after Travis broke up with her, she turned to another upwardly bound Prepaid manager and it seems significant to me that after Travis' death, she was attempting to convince Ryan Burns (not to be chaste but) to reconnect with the Mormon church. It's almost as if she was trying to remake him as Travis.

:goodpost:

BBM I was just sitting here thinking why being a kept woman of a married man wouldn't be enough for Jodi. I think you nailed it.

Guys who have made the mistake of dating/marrying Cluster B's are wise to it, let me tell you.

Yes, I've heard so many stories of the freaky sex with the Cluster B girls. Men get so conflicted because it's the best sex of their lives but the crazy ruins it all.

Does anyone else get the feeling that this particular company's business trips were kind of wild. I think a cruise was up next. My goodness....I bet a lot of guys are trying to apply to work where they worked.

:goodpost:

BBM I was just sitting here thinking why being a kept woman of a married man wouldn't be enough for Jodi. I think you nailed it.

After living with her BF for four years she could not get him to marry her. Sounds like she may have figured if TA had sex with her he would feel obligated to marry her. She was almost there. jmo

Keep in mind though, it could matter if she was recording the call in Cali where it's illegal and also, legal doesn't necessarily mean admissible.

OOh, never thought of that. Excellent point!!
Do you think the fact that the defense already brought it up in opening means it's already approved?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Imabrattoo