The state Rests in The State v. Jodi Arias: break in trial until 28 January 2013 #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
All I meant by that was that as someone posted here previously, the ONLY way to get rid of a stalker is to end ALL communication-period. No texting, emails, phone calls, and certainly no sex!

Stalkers have no sense of boundaries and even the smallest bit of acknowledgment can be taken as an invitation. They don't do "subtle".

Sometimes... that is a lot easier said.. than done. The scary part... is... when all contact is cut off... completely.. It seems like THAT is when they kill... Desperation? Who knows. My current stalker is still on my friends list on facebook... There are unread msg's sitting in my inbox.. of course I havent been active on facebook since the trial started...and luckily I havent heard anything out of him in a while. Right way to handle it? Don't know... Is he dangerous? Dont know that either. What is that old saying... Keep your friends close.. and your enemies closer. I think Travis hoped and PRAYED that JA would just eventually go away. He was aware of the dangers and thought he could handle it... unfortunately.. he could not.

Agreed, I don't know why they continue to do animal testing with humans in cages awaiting death. Commute them to LWOP in exchange for becoming lab rats. Seems to me testing should be on them. At least, they'd be contributing to their upkeep and society.

That would be......gasp.....inhumane.

I agree for the most part. Casey's crime was a matter of getting rid of an inconvenience. Totally self interested and completely detached from anyone else or how they might feel. Jodi's crime was a matter of extreme rage and revenge. Casey also seemed like a classic pathological liar -- she lied about everything to everyone for any reason or no reason at all. Jodi's lies are different in the sense that hers are designed to avoid being implicated in Travis' murder.

Jodi's primary drive seems to be obsession and control and attempts to avoid abandonment. Casey's primary drive seems to be her own personal gratification at any given moment in time.

I think they are both intelligent women. I think Casey had better insight into how her behavior came across to others and molded herself accordingly. Jodi seems to be totally unaware of how she comes across -- I guess that's the kind of the same thing as having no social skills.

I love your observations and they are spot on. I mentioned in a previous post how she is acting more borderline than psychopath, because she cared so deeply about being rejected by Travis. Psychopaths don't care that much about anything.

Also, I don't think either of these disorders precludes the other, does it? Maybe it does, can one be a psychopath with a sprinkling of BPD or vice versa?

And is "psychopath" still a diagnosis in the new DSM? Or are "sociopath" and "psychopath" now folded into the "antisocial personality disorder" diagnosis?

Any way you slice it, I like the way you observed behavior to come to your conclusions and I agree.

I think her moving back to California gave Travis a very false sense of security. He let his guard down and sadly it cost him his life.

I don't think his guard was ever up. He continued to engage with her seemingly uninterrupted from the time they met until he was murdered.

I think most guys never really think their former gf will actually kill them, even if they showed obsessive/stalker tendencies in the past. I'm sure Travis had no experience whatsoever with this type of person and never thought he needed to protect himself. When Mimi said she was scared because Travis had a stalker, Travis told her not to be afraid. He left his doors unlocked up until the day he died. Despite what he said to his friend about looking for his body if he doesn't show up for dinner one Sunday -- I do not believe he ever thought she would harm him.

Yanno, I hate to go back to "that which can't be un-seen", but now I can't think about that picture sequence without thinking about the line from another famous trial..."If it doesn't fit..." um...oh...never mind.

JA thought the saying was...if it has a slit you must commit. lol

I love your observations and they are spot on. I mentioned in a previous post how she is acting more borderline than psychopath, because she cared so deeply about being rejected by Travis. Psychopaths don't care that much about anything.

Also, I don't think either of these disorders precludes the other, does it? Maybe it does, can one be a psychopath with a sprinkling of BPD or vice versa?

And is "psychopath" still a diagnosis in the new DSM? Or are "sociopath" and "psychopath" now folded into the "antisocial personality disorder" diagnosis?

Any way you slice it, I like the way you observed behavior to come to your conclusions and I agree.

Psychopath is not in the dsm. Old or new.

Sometimes... that is a lot easier said.. than done. The scary part... is... when all contact is cut off... completely.. It seems like THAT is when they kill... Desperation? Who knows. My current stalker is still on my friends list on facebook... There are unread msg's sitting in my inbox.. of course I havent been active on facebook since the trial started...and luckily I havent heard anything out of him in a while. Right way to handle it? Don't know... Is he dangerous? Dont know that either. What is that old saying... Keep your friends close.. and your enemies closer. I think Travis hoped and PRAYED that JA would just eventually go away. He was aware of the dangers and thought he could handle it... unfortunately.. he could not.

:grouphug: Please stay safe.

Exactly! They're both psychopaths (Hare's checklist); Jodi is more of the borderline variety, and Casey is more of the narcissistic or antisocial variety.

"Psychopath" and "sociopath" are not a diagnoses in the US, but I don't think any of the personality disorders completely capture the phenomenon.

And thank you for your kind words about my conclusions :)

Her putting the body back in the shower is one of the most disturbing things about this trial. It seems she needed to clean him off...maybe it was just as practical as her washing off any trace evidence of herself. Maybe something more psycho. I really wish we'd get a forensic Psych in here somewhere...with "here" I mean anywhere, on the stand, in this forum, on In Session, across a barstool from me for a few hours so I could interview...anywhere. :please:

Yes, putting his body back in the shower is contradictory for her self-defense claim. It looks to me that she should have left him in the hallway or bedroom to show that he came after her and she was trying to get away from him. I do believe that she wanted to wash her dna off of his body and didn't know that photos were captured of her dragging him down the hallway, but didn't she claim self-defense after she knew about the photographs showing her dragging him down the hallway? :waitasec:

My teenage son had an adult woman stalking him on Facebook, oovoo, and home phone. We have filed police reports out the wazoo. Shut down Facebook accounts, changed phone number to unlisted ....beefed up home security. We're still worried.

Do you think the defense will try a multiple personalities hand to sway the jury?
It's wasn't me, it was me? How does that work?

No, and at this point I don't even think that's an option for them. Just to be clear, I do not think Jodi has multiple personality disorder -- not sure I completely believe that is a "thing" -- just that Jodi seemed to be dissociating in that one interview.

I don't think his guard was ever up. He continued to engage with her seemingly uninterrupted from the time they met until he was murdered.

I think most guys never really think their former gf will actually kill them, even if they showed obsessive/stalker tendencies in the past. I'm sure Travis had no experience whatsoever with this type of person and never thought he needed to protect himself. When Mimi said she was scared because Travis had a stalker, Travis told her not to be afraid. He left his doors unlocked up until the day he died. Despite what he said to his friend about looking for his body if he doesn't show up for dinner one Sunday -- I do not believe he ever thought she would harm him.

If they love themselves as much as Jodi loved herself and she tells him she will commit suicide, there's a good chance she'd kill him, too, just because she could. I think he thought he could handle her and locking the doors would just set her off even more. I think he also felt sorry for her because of what he went through as a child. In some ways he may have been able to relate to why Jodi acts the way she does. jmo

At the very least, it can't be THAT difficult to stop having sex/sexting/having phone sex with your stalker, I should think.

Yes, putting his body back in the shower is contradictory for her self-defense claim. It looks to me that she should have left him in the hallway or bedroom to show that he came after her and she was trying to get away from him. I do believe that she wanted to wash her dna off of his body and didn't know that photos were captured of her dragging him down the hallway, but didn't she claim self-defense after she knew about the photographs showing her dragging him down the hallway? :waitasec:

i bet thats where the ptsd or shock comes in :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member