The state Rests in The State v. Jodi Arias: break in trial until 28 January 2013 #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
is this random person from fb you never met b4?

I think, based on the compliment, she has some involvement in or seen him compete at a tournament. He had a few videos up on You-tube and she also commented on those. I think she has seen us together face to face somewhere.

I don't know what an Oovoo conversation is.
Has she ever come to you home, his work, his school? I know you don't know yet who she is, but has she indicated any knowledge of knowing where he is? Also, you need to watch your back. She has threatened you!
Oh heck! I'm going to pm you if that's ok.

I would appreciate any and all advice. Please feel free.

I don't know what an Oovoo conversation is.
Has she ever come to you home, his work, his school? I know you don't know yet who she is, but has she indicated any knowledge of knowing where he is? Also, you need to watch your back. She has threatened you!
Oh heck! I'm going to pm you if that's ok.

Oovoo is like Skype.

I think, based on the compliment, she has some involvement in or seen him compete at a tournament. He had a few videos up on You-tube and she also commented on those. I think she has seen us together face to face somewhere.

have you run her fb pics thru google image search to see if she has any other account - maybe she doing it to some one else, to help you w/ police??? - i'm sorry your family is having to deal w/ this

OT: OMG watching CNBC about McDonald's. In China they sell seahorses (live) on a stick!!!!!!

I was watching that, too! :floorlaugh:

Hard to hear it over Mr. Knot's log-sawing, but I caught the gist! Ewwww

I was watching that, too! :floorlaugh:

Hard to hear it over Mr. Knot's log-sawing, but I caught the gist! Ewwww

There's an article here in the current events section they used DNA testing and found horse meat in fast food burgers in Ireland and the uk. Iirc Burger King!

Poor decisions lead to poor outcomes. Cause and effect, simple.

OceanBlueEyes speaks to this better than I do, but it's not as simple as a poor decision. The victim of the abuse often feels powerless and unable to break away from the situation. Circumstances may be different, but I think the pain and anguish, the feelings of hopelessness, and being trapped is the same for every person who experiences it.

I accept that Travis Alexander was not a perfect person. He had his faults, and his weaknesses just like any other human being. But he was not IMO a hurtful person. He wanted to live life large, and had an ego to match (going from his myspace page), but nobody deserves to be put through the ugly death he suffered. I am with every single person on this forum who has said that it doesn't matter what his shortcomings were. She is guilty of a slaughter, not just a murder, and she needs to go away forever whether it's the DP or LWOP. MOO.

Do we know how often Jodi talked to Ryan after the murder?

No, I've been to Singapore, it's too pretty a place for her. I can think of far worse places. How about we send her to Iran??? Can you see her having to wear a Burqua for the rest of her life, nah, they'd probably just stone her for her whoring ways...

Ok - fine- Iran is great - anywhere horrible is perfect...

Yes, and I think Travis was simultaneously disgusted and attracted by Jodi's sexual availability. I think that Travis may have been very angry and disappointed in himself for not being able to resist having sex. He wanted
to maintain his celibacy, but as you said, "you can't eat just one".

I also think Travis probably was turned off by Jodi's blase attitude toward sex after she converted to Mormonism. She had no such conflicting attitudes about sex---you don't go from straight laced Polly Purebread to splaying your backdoor and lady garden for the camera overnight. I don't have a problem with her being sexually active, I'm saying that it may have been disconcerting to Travis that JA could glibly accept Mormon baptism and yet also be sexually active. Also he was doing the same thing, and I bet he was angry at himself for the same thing.

On a different subect, from Jodi's blog I see her quoting Marianne Williamson and the Author of the Secret. These are both people deeply involved with New Thought, which is also part of New Age religion. Nothing could be further from Mormonism than New Age Religion. For Jodi to espouse both of these belief systems is disjointed to say the least.

IIRC, Travis was a big fan of Marianne Williamson. He quoted her on his blog and on his MS, I think.

I'm sure JA assumed her "interest" in order to be more like Travis. The girl had no personality of her own.

Except Travis had a more tangled relationship with sex than a non-Mormon or someone who doesn't have intense sexual restrictions and expectations. Even if he wanted to continue having sex, too bad he couldn't have found a "safe" person to do that with.

And clearly, he didn't realize his stalker was a threat to his life. If he had any idea what Jodi was ultimately capable of, he would have made police reports, gotten a restraining order, locked his doors, etc. He didn't equate stalker with imminent death.

BBM: I have read and have been told by a few men that the cray cray ladies are almost addictive and magical in bed. That has been the "lure" to keep these men coming back even though they really knew it was a bad relationship. The sex was too good. (This is especially true when reading accounts of BPD relationships).

And we sure know JA is cray cray......

IIRC, Travis was a big fan of Marianne Williamson. He quoted her on his blog and on his MS, I think.

I'm sure JA assumed her "interest" in order to be more like Travis. The girl had no personality of her own.

Wicca, The Secret, Mormonism, what's next?

OceanBlueEyes speaks to this better than I do, but it's not as simple as a poor decision. The victim of the abuse often feels powerless and unable to break away from the situation. Circumstances may be different, but I think the pain and anguish, the feelings of hopelessness, and being trapped is the same for every person who experiences it.

I accept that Travis Alexander was not a perfect person. He had his faults, and his weaknesses just like any other human being. But he was not IMO a hurtful person. He wanted to live life large, and had an ego to match (going from his myspace page), but nobody deserves to be put through the ugly death he suffered. I am with every single person on this forum who has said that it doesn't matter what his shortcomings were. She is guilty of a slaughter, not just a murder, and she needs to go away forever whether it's the DP or LWOP. MOO.

agree with this. Travis --because of his childhood - he was probably taking care of broken parents - might have been too inclined to give a broken person like Jodi too much slack. He tolerated more nutbag behavior than undamaged people would.

He was only 30 years old and inexperienced with romantic relationships (or so it seems). I seriously doubt that most people that age would know how to handle this type of situation. This is not Travis' fault.

BBM: I have read and have been told by a few men that the cray cray ladies are almost addictive and magical in bed. That has been the "lure" to keep these men coming back even though they really knew it was a bad relationship. The sex was too good. (This is especially true when reading accounts of BPD relationships).

Did you notice anything about those men, that set them apart, as to why they would be willing to put up with so much chaos ? I haven't known many willing to deal with all the drama....long term anyway. (Speaking specifically about BPD relationships)

Yeah, borderlines and histrionics are sexually compulsive and THAT is their lure. Men get involved and they think the've hit the lotto because the girls are super fun in the sack, and then the cray cray pops up and the guys don't know what hit them.

I have a lot of empathy for the victims of abuse. I do not see TA as an abuse victim.

I agree that JA should not be allowed to roam free - she is a very dangerous criminal who imo would only be emboldened if granted leniency.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow