The state Rests in The State v. Jodi Arias: break in trial until 28 January 2013 #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Correct me if I'm wrong...
bipolar can be pretty well controlled by meds - it's a chemical imbalance.
Personality disorders are ingrained wrongful ways of thinking that can only be treated with therapy. The success rate of treatment is low esp. for the Cluster B's (which inc. BPD)

This is my understanding as well, but again, I have no IRL experience with treatment (just UNTREATED borderlines...)

I agree with this and it is a balanced view. She used her sexual availability to be near him, and to try and "convince" him she was the woman he was looking for, she manipulated his desire for sex so she could push her agenda.

He knew she was not a woman he wanted to be "official" boyfriend and girlfriend with, let alone marry, knew his friends didn't approve of her, and knew the "relationship" was over, but continued to see her, travel with her and interact with her because she provided sex.
Interestingly enough, I don't find it a balanced view. I had a relationship like this with a long-term boyfriend(10 years) who in the end was lying to his best friend and his girlfriend, who were his roommates. They knew me, but thought we had broken up, yet he was still sleeping with me. I got tired of the lying and hiding and I revealed the truth that we were sleeping together, to his best friend. It ended my relationship for good and I was devastated, but I eventually got over him and married someone else. I didn't resort to murder.
The situations are not comparable. Not 5 months.
I think Jodi was the sexual aggressor and Travis wasn't able to say "no". I don't think he was sleeping with the other Mormon women he dated, at least not if Mimi is any representation of them. Granted Travis should have been stronger at getting rid of Jodi, but I'm not ready to blame the victim, as it seems some here want to do (just because he might not have been a virgin!)

They break up and become friends with benefits. JA clearly cannot handle this evidenced by the stalking. If someone is not handling a break up and a FWB deal that they continue to have strong feelings and want more from the relationship. Despite this, he continues to have sex with her and go on (and completely paying for) mini-vacations with her. He was using her.

I do not see how his behavior can be interpreted as kind or honorable. I also do not see how one could argue that he was doing all this because he was afraid of further abuse or that she would kill herself.

Am I missing something? Maybe I'm crazy - projecting too much lol.

Bad judgment maybe, but I don't see that as manipulative. I think Travis was up front with her and honest -- he called her his gf for a while, and then he broke it off and let her know she was not the one for him and never would be. He was apparently pretty clear that he was going to date other people and move on. She moved to his neighborhood AFTER they broke up, and even Jodi admits Travis was pissed about it. He was relieved when she moved away and he was withdrawing and distancing himself from her, to which she responded by killing him.

In hindsight should he have cut contact with her completely and established firm boundaries -- absolutely. Should he have given her his car -- probably not, but that could have been something he offered to get her to leave.

It's easy to say what Travis should have done differently now that he's been murdered, but I don't think any of that is manipulative or anything other than a guy who hooked up with the wrong girl and didn't know how to manage it

I think another thing to keep in mind w/ TA's friends - jodi is on a mission to destroy his legacy and reputation to save herself, i'm sure they know he was human and not perfect, but when some one is out to destroy the memory of some one you love of course they are going to extoll his virtues and minimize his fault - its human nature

Very sad. I understand your point.

I believe there is no medication, therapy or classes for Jodi's particular brand of crazy. Psychopathy=remove from society. The only cure is the death penalty.

Oh yeah, I'm with you on that! SHE does need to be removed from
society and I think she will do this again if given the chance!
Whole different ballgame with that sicko.

Is that letter anywhere that we've heard about where Travis confronted her for her hacking and stalking...the one where his friend called "harsh"?

Correct me if I'm wrong...
bipolar can be pretty well controlled by meds - it's a chemical imbalance.
Personality disorders are ingrained wrongful ways of thinking that can only be treated with therapy. The success rate of treatment is low esp. for the Cluster B's (which inc. BPD)

BPD has shown some promise with Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT) or Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) originally proposed by M. Linehan. Sometimes medications seem to help as well, in conjunction with therapy.
I have heard that some DBT makes a BPD feel worse.
Yes, BPD is difficult from a clinician's point of view or so I've been told.

All MOO.

Oh yeah, I'm with you on that! SHE does need to be removed from
society and I think she will do this again if given the chance!
Whole different ballgame with that sicko.

Absolutely! I suspect she was headed to do it again!
Jmo

Interestingly enough, I don't find it a balanced view. I had a relationship like this with a long-term boyfriend who in the end was lying to his best friend and his girlfriend, who were his roommates. They knew me, but thought we had broken up, yet he was still sleeping with me. I got tired of the lying and hiding and I revealed the truth that we were sleeping together, to his best friend. It ended my relationship for good and I was devastated, but I eventually got over him and married someone else. I didn't resort to murder.
The situations are not comparable.
I think Jodi was the sexual aggressor and Travis wasn't able to say "no". I don't think he was sleeping with the other Mormon women he dated, at least not if Mimi is any representation of them. Granted Travis should have been stronger at getting rid of Jodi, but I'm not ready to blame the victim, as it seems some here want to do (just because he might not have been a virgin!)

I agree with the bolded statement. If you think my listing Travis' behavior is in some way my saying he "deserved" to by murdered or "asked for it", then I have not explained my opinion clearly.

I don't care who Travis slept with or how many times or if he was or wasn't a jerk to them. He did not "deserve" murder.

Bad judgment maybe, but I don't see that as manipulative. I think Travis was up front with her and honest -- he called her his gf for a while, and then he broke it off and let her know she was not the one for him and never would be. He was apparently pretty clear that he was going to date other people and move on. She moved to his neighborhood AFTER they broke up, and even Jodi admits Travis was pissed about it. He was relieved when she moved away and he was withdrawing and distancing himself from her, to which she responded by killing him.

In hindsight should he have cut contact with her completely and established firm boundaries -- absolutely. Should he have given her his car -- probably not, but that could have been something he offered to get her to leave.

It's easy to say what Travis should have done differently now that he's been murdered, but I don't think any of that is manipulative or anything other than a guy who hooked up with the wrong girl and didn't know how to manage it
I totally agree! I just don't see Travis as that much of a cad, no matter how hard I try. Jodi was the manipulative one.

i think you hit the nail on the head - and i can see jodi making hm think FWB was ok - i think she is very manipulative, and get ppl to believe the things she wants them to - just look at that reporter who spent 1 hr w/ her and proceeded to go on all the cable shows today saying she is innocent! even in the flores interviews you can see her trying to flirt w/ him to get him on her side

I wonder if Jodi is going to change any of her story again. Didn't her atty allude to the possibility of it?

This isn't for the truth of the matter but just to share. I once asked one of our Psychologists on our unit what he saw as the difference between a Borderline and a Sociopath and he said "a sociopath is a borderline who's crossed the line in to criminal behavior". Thoughts? All of these personality disorders are so blended too. I mean I never met a borderline who wasn't also quite Narcissistic.

Honestly I think each one you come across is at a different level of BPD
I've witnessed the rage, fear of abandonment, and distrust for sure.

Criminal behavior? not so much. I'm glad for that lol

I wonder if Jodi is going to change any of her story again. Didn't her atty allude to the possibility of it?

My prediction is this.

She will be convicted and sentenced to death with this jury.

Her first line of (decades of) appeal will be ineffective counsel and she (and her new attorneys--she will get good ones being on Death Row) will claim insanity.

you know i bet she is! i bet she is planning on tayloring her story on the prosecution case presented, and i wonder if that is why the rested so early, just showing she was the killer and i liar, so when she goes into to detail the can nail her???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow