The Theater and the Shooting

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
As far as the white and plaid shirt.......maybe that's what the suspect had on before he left the theater??????

i would think that the people who noticed him leave and use a cellphone should notice somehow what he was wearing or if his hair is red-orange...IMO...

i would think that the people who noticed him leave and use a cellphone should notice somehow what he was wearing or if his hair is red-orange...IMO...

Good point! His 'Ronald McDonald' look should've definitely stood out to some of the movie-goers, imo!

i dont know if it is allowed to post this site but this is an analysis from a career investigator from the radio traffic recordings

http://www.homelandsecurityus.com/archives/6469#more-6469

admin, please remove this if we cant post this. Thanks.

From the article:

Four different presentations within a short period of time is atypical of a malingerer. Typically the individual will claim to have certain symptoms and stick with that. They may increase the intensity of the symptoms or add more on, if they think that the evaluator isn’t buying the “crazy card” they’re trying to play. In this case, James Holmes appears to go from relatively cognizant, to incoherent, to coherent. Not a typical pattern of an individual facing the death penalty and trying to get off as insane.

It would be my opinion, with the limited data I have, that this presentation would be more consistent with someone coming off of mind-altering drugs, than someone trying to fake a mental illness. I will conclude by stating that these are only conjectures, based on limited data, and all possible causes considered (including some not mentioned) are possible.

I tend to agree. I was thinking about the actual shooting. He may have learned to aim well from playing paintball (read here he had paintball poster in room) if he played. Then he would simply need to get used to the kick back of the actual guns used. Also read a victim account posted in here somewhere, that buckshot was also used, which would hit many at a time causing injury. However, mind-altering drugs can increase the ability to visually focus in some, and to remain calm and go with your plan.

I saw your post in the contradictions thread, DeadCat. Thank you!

I'm wondering if perhaps there were a couple of cops (on or off-duty) as security on hand prior to the movie starting, to keep the line orderly. Then maybe once the movie began, the theater manager figuring everything was under control and told them they might as well take off until the movie let out?
If they were on-duty cops, I feel pretty sure they would've left on their own once the movies got started, to patrol other areas.

JH must be crazy (j/k) because there's no way he could've known there would be no armed security inside the theater for that highly anticipated midnight opening! Well, on 2nd thought, I guess there's always a way.

All the above is hypothetical only. I hadn't heard or read this anywhere. Just thinking outloud, and posting as I think. ;)

He was wearing full body armour so, imo, he wasn't intimidated by security guards or cops. He would've shot them. It appears he was shooting randomly and didn't care who his victims were.

From the article:

I tend to agree. I was thinking about the actual shooting. He may have learned to aim well from playing paintball (read here he had paintball poster in room) if he played. Then he would simply need to get used to the kick back of the actual guns used. Also read a victim account posted in here somewhere, that buckshot was also used, which would hit many at a time causing injury. However, mind-altering drugs can increase the ability to visually focus in some, and to remain calm and go with your plan.

I'm going to have to agree with the mind altering drugs. IMO, he ingested more than vicodin. I speculated early on that he may have even concocted his own.

I think that is why there were conflicting eye witness descriptions.

From your link:

At 12:51 (0051), An officer reports “that [the] suspect [is] saying he’s the only one but I’m getting conflicting descriptions from the witnesses here.”

1st I've heard about a white and plaid shirt. So, not to my knowledge. I've only heard he was dressed in all black.

On the police radio that was released the only suspect description was of the male in the blue and white checkered shirt. This person was not Holmes.

We don't know what he was wearing. It's very curious that his mugshot was not taken immediately after arrest in street clothes but likely the day of his first court appearance in the jumpsuit

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S 2

On the police radio that was released the only suspect description was of the male in the blue and white checkered shirt. This person was not Holmes.

We don't know what he was wearing. It's very curious that his mugshot was not taken immediately after arrest in street clothes but likely the day of his first court appearance in the jumpsuit

Interesting, Hastings. Verrry interesting. Admittedly, I haven't listened to that report.

Yeah the police chief took his time releasing that mug shot, didn't he? :waitasec:

Could there be 2 mugshots? Perhaps the first one taken immediately after his arrest had blood splatter on his clothing and that's why it wasn't released to the public? IIRC, they said they couldn't release it for investigative purposes.

Do we know if he removed his body armour on his way to his vehicle or was he still in armour when he was arrested? Pictures show the black clothes scattered on the ground.

Interesting, Hastings. Verrry interesting. Admittedly, I haven't listened to that report.

Yeah the police chief took his time releasing that mug shot, didn't he? :waitasec:

If you look at his facial hair growth on the mugshot and compare it to the one in court, it seems way too similar for an individual whose adult friend profile pic illustrates to us that he grows facial hair like Fred Flintstone... I mean I understand that LE will take an initial booking photo in the clothes the arrested was wearing (if for no other reason than to document the condition/appearance of a suspect on intake) and then usually take a mugshot upon transfer to a new facility, etc. But there is a definite lack of intake mugshot. Just another one of the many things that make you go hmmmm in this case...

01:09:58 one of the shooters might be wearing a white and blue plaid shirt 01:10:03
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/nation...pt_shows_Ue328L8ICj9Co1B2E9dYLN#ixzz225tZA0I0

"He was dressed in black," Wilburn told the newspaper. "Wearing a flack jacket and a gas mask."
Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/07/2...acre-describe-terrifying-scene/#ixzz225u2onpZ

Is JH wearing white and blue plaid shirt?
This too is one of the details I've noted as being an issue that some may find indicative of another shooter.. I just feel quite strongly that he was a lone assailant.. But upon hearing this particular description in the dispatch recording I did give it some thought on possibilities that would explain this detail..

Probably IMO the most likely is due to the fact that in such a high anxiety literal life and death situation and this being stated right in the thick of the whole nightmare occurring.. As well as is obviously an eyewitness' description given to one of the first responders who then immediately relays that info to dispatch.. IMO I find it likely to not be accurate for the plethora of obvious reaskns(mistaken, mistaken identity, thinking one saw something or someone at a time their life hung in the balance, actual shock setting in, etc, etc,etc)..

While I find that the most likeliest explanation there are however others as well.. As in it could be 100% accurate description of what the shooter was initially wearing in the theater and many would have IMO gotten a good look at it as he exited out the emergency door to the right of the screen.. As someone else mentioned that brightly colored hair IMO would draw attention thereby making it more likely for one or more to actually recall what the shooter was wearing as he exited the theater..

We've been told that he was dressed In all black with full body armor, helmet, and gas mask upon his re entering.. And we've been told that what he had on underneath that attire was an all red outfit I assume to keep in theme with his brightly colored red hair.. So, if the eyewitness statement was accurate that it was in fact actually the shooter that was seen to be wearing the blue/white shirt when he exited the theater to take the call.. If that's fact then it's always possible that the shooter very simply changed out of that blue/white shirt at the time we know he donned all his gear and loaded up with the guns/ammo...

So, ATLEAST for me IMO if in fact true/accurate there are easily explainable ways that the the description still fits with the lone assailant.. Jmo
(and just wanted to say I know you, February were not stating that it was Indicative of there being another shooter.. And that I mainly was just using your post as a jumping off point and not directed at you:))

From the article:

Above BBM.. Yes you're correct the Remington 12 gauge shotgun with buckshot shells is what the shooter began his reign of terror using.. And yes you're correct that due to buckshot spreading that of course made his victims more wide spread..

IMO from what little I've been able to gather from victims not only does it appear as tho this is the weapon that the shooter began his rampage with.. IMO it is this shotgun that IMO was the deadliest of all the shots fired that night inside the theater.. As I said jmo from what little I've been able to gather from various witnesses testimonies along with the type wounds suffered..

This too is one of the details I've noted as being an issue that some may find indicative of another shooter.. I just feel quite strongly that he was a lone assailant.. But upon hearing this particular description in the dispatch recording I did give it some thought on possibilities that would explain this detail..

Smooth, another fabulous post!

Personally my doubts surround him being in the theatre at start of the film and doing the old phone call gag to open the back door, leave it propped open and come back 20 mins later; I am still having trouble believing that someone didn't open the door for him... At this point I do believe he was the only shooter.

I'm going to have to agree with the mind altering drugs. IMO, he ingested more than vicodin. I speculated early on that he may have even concocted his own.

I also agree with your statement. I "think" he was on drugs. Drugs would make a person change quickly, fail classes, and quit school and kill people.

Does anybody notice that he was clean and his hair was brushed down in older pictures and for example.....when he was in court...his hair looked like it hasn't been brushed/washed in a month???

Does anybody know how long he was in the theater shooting people? If the first 911 call came in at 12:39 and police were there within 90 seconds after the call and then this
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/nationa...Cj9Co1B2E9dYLN

01:06:14 16 I need a marked car behind the theater stable side,suspect in a gas mask. 01:06:22

01:06:50 Everyone hold the air one second, cars where that white car in the rear of the lot, is that a suspect? YES! we've got rifles, gas masks, you can see him I've got a open door going into the theater, OK hold that position, hold that suspect! 01:07:05
Wow...that's a lot of time to shoot. 12:39 (first call) to 1:06 (to suspect spotted in parking lot)

On another note, with the development that there were no security guards working that night the company that owns the theater will most likely be bankrupt by victim's wrongful death lawsuits which will definitely be filled. No security guards means no security guards monitoring the surveillance cameras or noticing the alert that the emergency exit was open for 20 minutes.

As far as his first Court appearance, most jails does not provide you with hairbrushes, toothbrushes, razors, soap, deodorant, shampoo, etc.... You have to purchase those things. I do think defense will be sure to have him cleaned up from now on though. (Unless he refused for that first hearing, for effect).

~snipped respectfully~

Does anybody know how long he was in the theater shooting people? If the first 911 call came in at 12:39 and police were there within 90 seconds after the call and then this

Wow...that's a lot of time to shoot. 12:39 (first call) to 1:06 (to suspect spotted in parking lot)

I'd heard one of the victims saying the shooting lasted about two minutes, although he said it felt like a lot longer at the time. (I'd can believe that however long it lasted, it seemed like many times longer to those in attendance.)

I'm glad you commented about the 12:39 to 1:06 as I'd completely forgotten about how when I first had seen the reports with times, I'd noticed how much time that had lapsed and thinking to myself ... wow, the shooter sure was just seemingly hanging out around back for quite a long while!

It surprises me that it would have taken LE that long after arriving on the scene, for an officer to get around to the back of the theater.

On another note, with the development that there were no security guards working that night the company that owns the theater will most likely be bankrupt by victim's wrongful death lawsuits which will definitely be filled. No security guards means no security guards monitoring the surveillance cameras or noticing the alert that the emergency exit was open for 20 minutes.

Are they required to have security guards? In my city, they have employees...I guess the term would be "ushers" or whatever they're called.

Employee at the ticket booth

Employee to check the ticket before entering

Employee in the back of the theatre and sometimes walking up and down the aisles.

No security guard with a weapon. We do have security at concerts and football games.

Are they required to have security guards? In my city, they have employees...I guess the term would be "ushers" or whatever they're called.

Employee at the ticket booth

Employee to check the ticket before entering

Employee in the back of the theatre and sometimes walking up and down the aisles.

No security guard with a weapon. We do have security at concerts and football games.

Same here n~t, no security guards or officers, just standard employees. There may be security cameras somewhere though, haven't looked.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214
Back