The "Totally Off Topic" Thread Part 2.

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
PAGING RC :cool:

Hello? Hello?

You okay? Did Danica not let you leave or what?

Ahhhh, but look how good your son did! :dance:
I talk to my son every few days, and it seems like more lately.
I really lucked out. We moved here when he was a soph in HS - that is really rough on a boy. He's quiet as it is; I know he strugged at his new school for awhile, but never ever complained. I was actually wishing he would, as I hate the idea that he was hurting and keeping it all inside. By senior year, he was doing JUST fine, LOL, but all he talked about was moving back to CA right after graduating. And that he did, one month later. He was a die-hard CA boy in every sense of the word.

But! He flew back here 3 months later for his sister's birthday, was supposed to be a 2 week visit. He was having so much fun with his TX gang, that we extended it to 3 weeks. In that 3 weeks, he decided to move BACK to Texas. You just don't know how huge of a shock that was. :dance: Worked for me, LOL.

You DID luck out!!! Geez dep - I didn't even know you had a son until now and what's this about a daughter too??? PM me if it's too personal.

wanted to share this w/my buds over here on this forum....i got it in email from a good friend & wanted to share...i think it's cute:)

http://www.idodogtricks.com/index_flash.html

TYPE IN a command and see what happens... sit, roll over,
> > down, stand, sing, dance, shake, fetch, play dead etc.
> > and...it's also very cute if you type in a command that's
> > not recognized...!!
> >
> > Make sure you type in "Kiss" too, but do it last.

wanted to share this w/my buds over here on this forum....i got it in email from a good friend & wanted to share...i think it's cute:)

http://www.idodogtricks.com/index_flash.html

TYPE IN a command and see what happens... sit, roll over,
> > down, stand, sing, dance, shake, fetch, play dead etc.
> > and...it's also very cute if you type in a command that's
> > not recognized...!!
> >
> > Make sure you type in "Kiss" too, but do it last.

Awwwww. This is so cute. I put in 'beg' and 'shake'.

Well folks....I just about had to use my CPR the other day.

For those who don't know, I care for the elderly.

I went to my client, an elderly man (91) for the usual home visit to make sure he had taken his daily meds. I buzzed his apt - no answer. Strange because he's always there. I called my boss and she said, "oh he didn't answer yesterday" when another caregiver went there.

I said - well don't you think you should have advised the family yesterday? Response - oh he does this often - goes out on his scooter and loses track of time. She told me to stay 10 more minutes and leave. She said she would phone his son.

I felt something was wrong. I buzzed the apartment manager. She thanked me and said she was thinking about doing something because there are were 2 daily newspapers outside his door. She said she was going in.

She called me 1/2 hour later and said he was "down on the bathroom floor, breathing but unconcious. The paramedics were doing what they could and subsequently rushed him to the hospital. He was put on life support and died the next day.

I am so p***** off with my Company. He was probably there for 2 days! I told my boss she should have a policy whereby the family is notified every time when a client does not answer or is not home. So far, I haven't received any blanket directive to that effect. Grrrrr.

Jilly - that's terrible ! At age 91 if they don't answer the door it is best to check on them - jeeze what is wrong with people ? I'm sorry this happened to you - but thankfully you cared enough to find out. Proud of you for that !:clap:

Jilly - that's terrible ! At age 91 if they don't answer the door it is best to check on them - jeeze what is wrong with people ? I'm sorry this happened to you - but thankfully you cared enough to find out. Proud of you for that !:clap:

Thanks RC - it actually happened to me with another guy about a month ago and I had to insist that my boss phone the daughter. Turned out he'd gone grocery shopping and lost track of time but you can never be sure.

I tried to explain to my boss that half the reason the family hires someone is simply to check on them. Geez - even mail deliverers do that and we're in the business of caring.

Anyways....nice to see you RC!:)

Just checking in, y'all! It's been too quiet here too long!
What's happening?!

Just checking in, y'all! It's been too quiet here too long!
What's happening?!

Hey Dep! Ohhhhhh.....I'm reading daily on the other site about that Dr & family murders as well as this case. Not much happening on any site right now - is there? I suppose all the cases I've followed will all come up at the same time - Entwistle, Darren Mack, Young & Petit.

I had to upgrade my First Aid this past Saturday. Geez - that was looooong - 9 hours. We were all so tired by the time we got to our test but all did well. Fortunately, we had a lively instructor. She was from France and we all fell in love with her accent - so cool!

Whazzzz up with you???

Hey Dep! Ohhhhhh.....I'm reading daily on the other site about that Dr & family murders as well as this case. Not much happening on any site right now - is there? I suppose all the cases I've followed will all come up at the same time - Entwistle, Darren Mack, Young & Petit.

I had to upgrade my First Aid this past Saturday. Geez - that was looooong - 9 hours. We were all so tired by the time we got to our test but all did well. Fortunately, we had a lively instructor. She was from France and we all fell in love with her accent - so cool!

Whazzzz up with you???

Hi Jilly!
I so wish there was good news as far as an imminent arrest in Michelle's case! Then again, if the longer times allows them to get every speck of evidence against the monster (JY, IMO), then that's best. I should start reading up on the Darren Mack case, as that's some of my old stomping ground for me. I haven't followed the Petit case at all. I have also been starting the read up on the Tara Grinstead case as well. Not much there, either, that is new.

No matter how many times you do First Aid classes and how well you know it, it is tiring, I think. Just a long day. Glad you enjoyed the instructor's accent, LOL.

Not much up with me right now. Got back from vacation a week ago (it was very nice) and work is absolutely hopping starting yesterday and for another 2 weeks. But very very interesting, so it's a good time here. My "neighbor" :rolleyes: has returned home, so we're on 12 hour shifts now. I was out at his arrival yesterday; if only I could write a book on the behind the scenes. It's fascinating how much work goes on behind the scenes.

OH! And we are HOT here, unlike you, Missy. If you're missing grilling out, get yourself down to Texas! :p

Jilly can't believe you were in such a class today... as I had a very similar workday. Only I'm the instructor at my hospital, for my unit. And I was teaching PALS all day!
Of course I don't have the French accent!

Hi Jilly!

OH! And we are HOT here, unlike you, Missy. If you're missing grilling out, get yourself down to Texas! :p

I've never been to Texas!:( Hubby was working there quite a few years ago and he brought back a Tshirt for my daughter with your slogan 'Don't mess with Texas'. She wore that Tshirt everywhere including to bed. She liked the stars & stripes!!

Went to a friend's last nite for B-que or grillin' as you call it:) Got through the dinner outside but had to run out of the downpour into the house for dessert! They're supposed to be repaving our cul de sac today - "Weather Permitting". This should take awhile!
I'm so sick of it. We're all hoping we'll at least get an Indian Summer which we often do.

Jilly can't believe you were in such a class today... as I had a very similar workday. Only I'm the instructor at my hospital, for my unit. And I was teaching PALS all day!
Of course I don't have the French accent!

That's awesome sweetmop!! I couldn't believe the course was so long. Then I realized I'd signed up for the First Aid & Adult CPR (A). A month ago I took the CPR level C which ended up being 6 hrs. So it was redundant but good for me because I'm old!:crazy: These courses were with St Johns Ambulance and they are very thorough. Last time I did the first Aid with the Red Cross and it was only a couple of hours. Anyways....I guess you could say that I'm over qualified for my job!:D

Have a great day!

I've never been to Texas!:( Hubby was working there quite a few years ago and he brought back a Tshirt for my daughter with your slogan 'Don't mess with Texas'. She wore that Tshirt everywhere including to bed. She liked the stars & stripes!!

Went to a friend's last nite for B-que or grillin' as you call it:) Got through the dinner outside but had to run out of the downpour into the house for dessert! They're supposed to be repaving our cul de sac today - "Weather Permitting". This should take awhile!
I'm so sick of it. We're all hoping we'll at least get an Indian Summer which we often do.

"Don't Mess With Texas" - that's cute she loved her shirt. I got my 7 yr old nephew the shirt with that logo, and he loves it! Even when I talk to him on the phone, he says it.

I have to admit it felt "wrong" to type grilling? Why? Because being a California gal most of my life, we always called it BBQ'ing. When I got here, I was told noooo, there's a difference between BBQ and "grilling out" on a grill. :banghead: Of course it was done in fun, and now I understand their wanting to be specific about the two, but hey, it's all barbequing to me. Shhhhhhhh :laugh:

That's awesome sweetmop!! I couldn't believe the course was so long. Then I realized I'd signed up for the First Aid & Adult CPR (A). A month ago I took the CPR level C which ended up being 6 hrs. So it was redundant but good for me because I'm old!:crazy: These courses were with St Johns Ambulance and they are very thorough. Last time I did the first Aid with the Red Cross and it was only a couple of hours. Anyways....I guess you could say that I'm over qualified for my job!:D

Have a great day!
jilly, You are not old! I remember seeing your picture with your graduate son... you are a beautiful woman, and you are not old!

I have worked with some nurses that are right out of school and they are such wimps! Us, more , ah uummm , more major and stable women, can run circles around them! No Kidding! ;)

You're just a ' young chick' jilly!

"Don't Mess With Texas" - that's cute she loved her shirt. I got my 7 yr old nephew the shirt with that logo, and he loves it! Even when I talk to him on the phone, he says it. Awwww. Now that's cute!!

I have to admit it felt "wrong" to type grilling? Why? Because being a California gal most of my life, we always called it BBQ'ing. When I got here, I was told noooo, there's a difference between BBQ and "grilling out" on a grill. :banghead: Of course it was done in fun, and now I understand their wanting to be specific about the two, but hey, it's all barbequing to me. Shhhhhhhh :laugh:

Kinda sounds more exciting to say 'grilling' though, dontcha think? I love the term cookouts too! Everybody really gets into it down there!

jilly, You are not old! I remember seeing your picture with your graduate son... you are a beautiful woman, and you are not old!

I have worked with some nurses that are right out of school and they are such wimps! Us, more , ah uummm , more major and stable women, can run circles around them! No Kidding! ;)

You're just a ' young chick' jilly!

Awww, you should be sweetestmop.:blushing: Thank you for your kindness. I'll feel better this week when I get my roots done!:crazy:

I know what you mean by the younger ones and most of the time (in my experience) they hate being told.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txtruecrimekat