The Verdict is In - post your thoughts here

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
WRAL just showed BC driving away in the back of a police vehicle.

Chauffeured to The Big House...:behindbar

I wonder if he will stay at Central or be sent to another close-custody correctional institution. Bunk beds with JY in a month or two?

Thank you everyone for great discussions over the last 2 months. I am so sad today for Nancy's family and I hope this helps them heal.

I will be over at the Casey Anthony trial now, if I can keep up with the boards over there. I am not sure I will follow the JY case, picturing a toddler running around in blood does not sit right with me, not sure I can stomach that.

:seeya:

Another case going to trial soon, I believe: Matt Johnson, in the death of Joshua McCabe Bailey. Trenkle seems to be providing the defense. I'm surprised that this is going to court: five other people claim to have witness the defendant force the victim to dig his own grave, before the defendant shot him execution-style. Two of those co-conspirators have pled guilty to lesser charges in exchange for testimony. (Caveat: this is just my recollection of events, which might be inaccurate.)

http://www.carrborocitizen.com/main/2008/09/18/a-sad-and-twisted-case-of-murder/

It'll be interesting to see what Trenkle can do with this. I can guarantee that his closing argument won't be "no blood, no bodily fluids, no evidence."

That will be one to watch. Maybe Trenkle will have it a bit easier with this one (??). Bit he is very up to the challenge.

I thought Trenkle was very effective throughout this trial -- I think he is a first-class and very capable defender. I liked his manner -- very down-to-earth; his diction; and I think he is very intelligent. I thought his closing was quite good, and it worried me quite a bit since I am/was a BDI all the way. A very good pick for the Office of the Capital Defender. He is, IMO, one to watch.

What in the world am I going to do with my late nights now? Too crazy.

What a day! I go out of town and you let these folks get a verdict in with out me.

Just wanted to say hey, stop by on the appeals! I would check in on Ja.(so as not to be confused with ya'lls McDreamy) Young, but only to bash him and RA as we go.

I still don't feel that there was a proven case here, but sometimes Occ.'s Razor is the smartest approach.

I truly hope that the next case like this in the world gets a more thorough look by investigators. (That is the one thing I continually sided with the defense on and still do.)

I also hope that other justice in the world is not sacrificed in the light of this.

Thank you all so much for your time and attention to details and for allowing me my thoughts behind yours and yours behind mine. You are a special and fun group of folks with an innate (dare I say obsessive) cause that I love and find truly dear to me.

There is some irony in this day for me. While you guys were hearing the verdict, I was standing at a site in Knoxville,TN looking at a memorial for Chris Newsome and Channon Christian. If you've never heard of them (The Terrible Knox county murders of 2007) or the Witchita Torture Killings, I encourage you to read a little on their cases and keep those families in your thoughts.

Thanks again, everyone! It's been a wonderful two years, in spite of the tragedy that brought us here.

RIP Nancy.

JF said "I also hope that other justice in the world is not sacrificed in the light of this."

Injustice, you say?
Would you have preferred Cooper walk?
I swear I saw a post or 2 where you said Cooper was likely guilty.

JF said "I also hope that other justice in the world is not sacrificed in the light of this."

Injustice, you say?

I don't think that is what he was saying. I read it as concerns over future handling of cases like this one with digital evidence, secret forensic methods, etc.

Injustice, you say?

Thank you for continuing your snark. I was willing to let all of that go, but I will say this. I do not question the jury. I've admitted that I have missed some of the elements they saw. (Hence my reference that sometimes the "simplest answer is the only answer")

What we might sacrifice with this could be two fold:

1) Innocent people could potentially sit in jail for a long period of time for something they did not do. Not guilty people can sit in jail for looking, acting and sounding like weirdos.

2) Sometimes, the not guilty sit in places that the guilty don't have to. While I am fairly certain this is true, I will give you a fairly fantastic response to illustrate what I meant. Karma is a very fickle animal. What if this was offset by an unseen universal energy in which key evidence was suppressed in the JY case and he walked free. That is what I mean by justice sometimes being misplaced.

If someone feels the need to question that, I'd recommend googling the Virginia Beach cases that made some of the same allegations and reading how the VB2 became the VB10.

I have been quite accommodating of all opinions and on several occasions, I have said I was myself fickle over this situation and took a stance that focused less on BC and more on the legal surroundings and the fact that we were/are setting precedents that will affect future cases (both positively and negatively).

Thanks.

What in the world am I going to do with my late nights now? Too crazy.

What a day! I go out of town and you let these folks get a verdict in with out me.

Just wanted to say hey, stop by on the appeals! I would check in on Ja.(so as not to be confused with ya'lls McDreamy) Young, but only to bash him and RA as we go.

I still don't feel that there was a proven case here, but sometimes Occ.'s Razor is the smartest approach.

I truly hope that the next case like this in the world gets a more thorough look by investigators. (That is the one thing I continually sided with the defense on and still do.)

I also hope that other justice in the world is not sacrificed in the light of this.

Thank you all so much for your time and attention to details and for allowing me my thoughts behind yours and yours behind mine. You are a special and fun group of folks with an innate (dare I say obsessive) cause that I love and find truly dear to me.

There is some irony in this day for me. While you guys were hearing the verdict, I was standing at a site in Knoxville,TN looking at a memorial for Chris Newsome and Channon Christian. If you've never heard of them (The Terrible Knox county murders of 2007) or the Witchita Torture Killings, I encourage you to read a little on their cases and keep those families in your thoughts.

Thanks again, everyone! It's been a wonderful two years, in spite of the tragedy that brought us here.

RIP Nancy.

You may want to peek in on the Ja. Young discussions. You might be surprised at those who are on the side that you were on for the bradcoope trial. There are always those who see things differently.

I agree that I hope lessons were learned from this case. Hopefully electronic evidence will be handled more efficiently in the future. It didn't change the facts in this case but it would have been nice if the investigation had been "clean" (if there even is such a thing). Has there ever been a "mistake free" investigation?

You may want to peek in on the Ja. Young discussions. You might be surprised at those who are on the side that you were on for the bradcoope trial. There are always those who see things differently.

I agree that I hope lessons were learned from this case. Hopefully electronic evidence will be handled more efficiently in the future. It didn't change the facts in this case but it would have been nice if the investigation had been "clean" (if there even is such a thing). Has there ever been a "mistake free" investigation?

Only if JTF and SG are there in "spirit" to argue it out with me!!! ;)

Only if JTF and SG are there in "spirit" to argue it out with me!!! ;)

I can promise you that you will be on the same side with them. But there will be other adversaries. I can't say they will be equals to the two mentioned, but these others will challenge you. I predict.

HAPPY DANCE!!! :Bananasnap:

And, :tyou: dear jury!! You got it right! Thank goodness all the "in the know" people were wrong!! :great:

RIP Nancy. I know you are a special angel to your girls. Thank God they are safe! And your family can now relax and raise them without the threat of IBC, inmate Brad Cooper, snatching them from loving arms. Soooooooo happy! :loveyou:

Touching photo.

COOPER.09.NE.050511.ASR.embedded.prod_affiliate.156.jpg

http://www.newsobserver.com/2011/05/05/1177952/jury-finds-brad-cooper-guilty.html

Justice has been served today in heaping spoonfuls! Brad Cooper and Christopher Coleman will never enjoy freedom again.

The takeaway? DON'T MURDER YOUR WIVES AND CHILDREN!

I hope he wins his appeal, the verdict gets dismissed and he gets another trial. It was a major travesty of justice. I think rejoicing for this is rejoicing for more freedoms lost.

I hope he wins his appeal, the verdict gets dismissed and he gets another trial. It was a major travesty of justice. I think rejoicing for this is rejoicing for more freedoms lost.

The biggest freedom lost was a woman's life and her children never again feeling her arms around them. The jurors rendered a just verdict. The evidence speaks for itself and the jury listened. MOO

Nancy's death in 2008 brought me to Websleuths....Thank you so much for your discussions, your range of opinions, and the opportunity to banter occasionally.

I've been glued to the videos since I've arrived home. The Rentz family is remarkable. Mr. Rentz would be one of my first choices for "replacement" dad, if I hadn't already been blessed with a super one.

He was so spot on when speaking of this as a somber moment in "their family history." Two young adults who each had great promise and potential have been lost. Two beautiful children will be challenged by this history. The judge was correct, this type of trial leaves our emotions exposed and our hearts hurting. There are no winners.

We may never know the answer to Krista's, "Why?" We can only surmise.

I sincerely wish peace to the families and friends. Some of the public comments have been callous and defamatory. I can't imagine their loss and fear that the public rancor may have increased their pain.

And, it would be such a gift for Nancy and Brad's kiddos, if, after time for healing, the Coopers can join the Rentz's in sharing and celebrating the lives of their grand daughters. There's never too much love to go around.

This is the evil that looked Nancy right in her eyes as she was slowly dying. <shudder> If looks could kill, the jury and the ADAs would be dead by one <modsnip>.

COOPER.08.NE.050511.ASR.embedded.prod_affiliate.156.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members