The Weather Channel: "A very bad week ahead"

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Tornadoes every other day here. It's becoming a regular thing! To make matters worse, my county has a history of long track tornadoes in two specific areas, and I live right in one of them!

However, in keeping with the times, we also have an awesome carpeted underground storm shelter. It may take all we've got, but we will remain safe!

Stay safe everyone.

You're all in my prayers.

Sincerely,
fran
:rose:

Praying for everyone in the path of these latest storms, I hope everyone took precautions given the time there was to prepare!

Public severe weather outlook nws storm prediction center norman ok 1137 am cdt tue apr 26 2011 ...an outbreak of severe thunderstorms expected over parts of the southern plains and lower/middle mississippi river valley late this afternoon and tonight... The nws storm prediction center in norman ok is forecasting the development of a few strong/long-track tornadoes and widespread damaging winds over parts of the southern plains and lower/middle mississippi river valley late this afternoon and tonight. The areas most likely to experience this activity include southern half of arkansas far northwest louisiana northwest mississippi far southeast oklahoma southwest tennessee northeast texas elsewhere...surrounding the high risk area...severe storms are also possible from portions of the southern plains northeastward to the ohio valley...lower great lakes region...and appalachians. As an upper storm system approaches from the southwest united states...thunderstorms are expected to develop by late this afternoon and evening across portions of the southern plains and arklatex region. With a moist and unstable air mass in place...the storms are expected to rapidly become severe with the potential for long-track strong tornadoes and large hail. This will especially be the case across portions of northeast texas...far southern oklahoma...far northern louisiana...as well as much of arkansas. Additionally...the threat for significant and widespread wind damage will also increase later tonight...especially during the late evening and overnight hours across the lower/middle mississippi valley into the tennessee valley. Into wednesday...a widespread severe weather outbreak...including strong tornadoes...will again be possible. At this time...it appears the greatest threat will exist across the tennessee valley...ohio valley...and surrounding portions of the southeastern u.s. State and local emergency managers are monitoring this potentially very dangerous situation. Those in the threatened area are urged to review severe weather safety rules and to listen to radio...television...and noaa weather radio for possible watches...warnings...and statements later today.

[FONT=&quot]public severe weather outlook [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] nws storm prediction center norman ok[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] 1137 am cdt tue apr 26 2011[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] ...an outbreak of severe thunderstorms expected over parts of the[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] southern plains and lower/middle mississippi river valley late this[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] afternoon and tonight...[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] the nws storm prediction center in norman ok is forecasting the[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] development of a few strong/long-track tornadoes and widespread[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] damaging winds over parts of the southern plains and lower/middle[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] mississippi river valley late this afternoon and tonight.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] the areas most likely to experience this activity include[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] southern half of arkansas[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] far northwest louisiana[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] northwest mississippi[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] far southeast oklahoma[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] southwest tennessee[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] northeast texas[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] elsewhere...surrounding the high risk area...severe storms are also[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] possible from portions of the southern plains northeastward to the[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] ohio valley...lower great lakes region...and appalachians.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] as an upper storm system approaches from the southwest united[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] states...thunderstorms are expected to develop by late this[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] afternoon and evening across portions of the southern plains and[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] arklatex region. With a moist and unstable air mass in place...the[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] storms are expected to rapidly become severe with the potential for[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] long-track strong tornadoes and large hail. This will especially be[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] the case across portions of northeast texas...far southern[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] oklahoma...far northern louisiana...as well as much of arkansas.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] additionally...the threat for significant and widespread wind damage[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] will also increase later tonight...especially during the late[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] evening and overnight hours across the lower/middle mississippi[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] valley into the tennessee valley.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] into wednesday...a widespread severe weather outbreak...including[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] strong tornadoes...will again be possible. At this time...it appears[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] the greatest threat will exist across the tennessee valley...ohio[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] valley...and surrounding portions of the southeastern u.s.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] state and local emergency managers are monitoring this potentially[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] very dangerous situation. Those in the threatened area are urged to[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] review severe weather safety rules and to listen to[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] radio...television...and noaa weather radio for possible[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] watches...warnings...and statements later today.[/FONT]

North central Texas is now under an elevated level tornado watch for the rest of the day, at least.

Please make sure you have your emergency kits handy.

Yeah PTM, we're in line right behind you.

Batten down the hatches folks...we're in for a bumping ride for sure. After all these storms this week, I gave in and called my vet as my lab hides under the bed and won't come out...acting very crazy. They gave her a mild sedative.

Be careful all...I saw a wall cloud last night looking out our french doors and it had a tail....we have had several home fires from severe lightening.

Please be safe!

Local news just reported we are in an extended tornado warning for tonight and into the early morning hours. S.E. Oklahoma)

Yep, and I just remembered my crazy parents left for a road trip this morning...to Memphis.

Not a good time to visit Graceland, Mom.

Yep, and I just remembered my crazy parents left for a road trip this morning...to Memphis.

Not a good time to visit Graceland, Mom.

Oh dear, hope they check in often!

We normally are called out to work these storms but with Unc. Sooner sick and we just retired...all we can do is watch and take care of Mom and Dad and neighbors. Fortunately, we have a back up generator ready to go.

Oh dear, hope they check in often!

We normally are called out to work these storms but with Unc. Sooner sick and we just retired...all we can do is watch and take care of Mom and Dad and neighbors. Fortunately, we have a back up generator ready to go.

There is a storm cell with tornadic activity headed this way with 70 mph winds; it's due to hit us in about 25 minutes, then it's headed your way, Soonie. Keep your heads low.

There is a storm cell with tornadic activity headed this way with 70 mph winds; it's due to hit us in about 25 minutes, then it's headed your way, Soonie. Keep your heads low.

I just saw that and ran to my pc......Looks to be right on top of you. Please check in when you can, sweetie!

PTM showing online. Hopefully will check in soon

I hate these storms more every year. Every time it thunders I jump. Yet I know that the wind and lightining are the real danger.

I never used to be afraid of storms.

I'm still here; I keep running back and forth between the TV and pc.

There's another storm cell headed this way, due to hit in about 20 minutes.

There's a tornado on Cedar Creek Lake/Gunbarrel City, just southeast of Dallas.

I hate these storms more every year. Every time it thunders I jump. Yet I know that the wind and lightining are the real danger.

I never used to be afraid of storms.

I'm not overly afraid of tornados, my husband and I used to chase them...It's funner to see them than to not know where they will drop.

LOL The sun is shinning now and it's coming a flood. Now they added hail and flash floods.

A funnel was sighted at Gun Barrel City, Tx...don't know where that is and I was born in Texas

Gun Barrel City is in Ellis County, which is south of Dallas County.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
grandma great
Back