The Woman Who Shut Up Simon Cowell

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
All I can say is WoW! What a fantastic voice this woman has. I really would and will by a CD put out by her in the future. She has a God given talent that I hope she will be very happy and successful in sharing with the world.

Great luck to her from me!

http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/tv_and_radio/article6122834.ece

April 19, 2009

...Although oblivious to the blizzard of comment in the blogosphere about the disparity between her looks and her voice – Boyle does not own a computer or a mobile phone – she is thrilled by reports that she might appear on The Oprah Winfrey Show: “Put me down for that. My goodness, I’m shaking.”...

...asked to elaborate on her onscreen confession that she had never had a boyfriend or been kissed: “Oh, I was just joking around. It was just banter and it has been blown out of all proportion. All I wanted to say is that I am single at the moment but I keep waiting. I am not on the hunt. I am happy as I am.” She was saying no more: “It’s personal.”...

...Boyle could hear the raucous jeers: “I knew what they were thinking. I saw people laughing and I knew they were laughing at me. But I thought, well, they’ll soon shut up when they hear me sing. And they did.”

(long article for those like me that are hungry for info on Susan, off topic but I've never ever followed a celebrity in the media!)

She has quite a sense of humor, one that I like very much! Spunk, I love spunk!

_______

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/scotland/article6121279.ece
April 19, 2009

Two schoolboys are knocking on the door of Susan Boyle’s semi-detached house when I arrive. They want her autograph but Boyle is doing a telephone interview with Fox News in New York. Once the call is over, she hurries to the door and scribbles her name on two yellow Post-it notes. “I don’t know why you need this,” she says. “You’ve known my name all your lives.”

:D too funny! (more at link)

I can't wait to hear more!

BTW, as of 7:08 CST her youtube video has had 27,400,458 views.

I just listened to "Cry Me a River", and I felt sad for a minute about how the world has been deprived of Susan's beautiful voice all this time! She's my hero!

I agree. I love her just the way she is......

I have just fallen head over heels in love with this woman:blowkiss:. Susan has such an amazing God given talent but her inner beauty and innocence makes her even more appealing, if possible. She is such a breath of fresh air.

I hope they don't change one thing about her. Susan has the ability to make others feel and have deep emotions.

In an instant Susan taught many humility and showed the world it isn't about the exterior but what lies within the heart.

Never have I had any of these singers bring so emotion out of me. I now listen to Susan each morning to start my day.

I hope she is showered with many blessings throughout the rest of her life. She sure blessed so many of us by sharing her totally outstanding voice.

I hope they don't do a complete makeover. She needs to remain that jubilant, kind and sweet lady who comes from a small village in Scottland awho never let go of her dreams.

Now that I have had the privilege of hearing her voice I will buy any CD she does.

She is on her way.........the world is her oyster.

We dont need another made over, plastic, idol..they are a dime a dozen. This time the Brits can have the very best. The real deal.

imoo

I had to watch her twice. She has the most beautiful voice and she is such a nice person with a great sense of humor. I hope that someone contacts her to do a CD and gives her a big fat contract. I have an idea that this woman will be able to take care of herself in the business world. I look forward to buying her CD and seeing her name in headlines.

I saw her mother's paintings. I thought they were great! Maybe at some point she will share those, too. I would like a closer look at them.

Rod Dreher: Susan Boyle's redemption song
Dallas Morning News
04:29 PM CDT on Friday, April 17, 2009

Susan Boyle and her redemption song reminds us of the unheralded beauty and human dignity that dwells among us – but that we, in our everydayness, overlook or even scorn. And her feat shows that until we breathe our last, there is always hope that dreams will come true, that the humble will be exalted. Watching Boyle sing, one could somehow feel the worth of her soul – and maybe one's own.
Full article: click here

Susan Boyle set for duet with idol Elaine Paige
April 19th, 2009
London, Apr 19 (ANI): Britains Got Talents unique finding Susan Boyles idol Elaine Paige has sent the singing sensation a message of support, insisting they could collaborate for a duet.

Just before her life-changing performance on Britain’s Got Talent, Boyle revealed her dream: to become a professional singer as successful as Paige.

Now, in a message of support, Paige, the original Evita in London’s West End, has suggested the idea of the pair singing together.

Susan Boyle goes into hiding to escape the media
19 April 2009 00:00 AM

Susan's brother John told The Star that he has arranged for her to have a short break away from the media spotlight.

He said: "All the attention has been quite an upheaval and she is quite tired.

"I have taken her away to let her have some peace and quiet before the next round."

However, Britain's Got Talent Judge Piers Morgan has attempted to lure Susan out of her retreat with the offer of a romantic night out.

Although I do agree that Susan has a beautiful voice, does anyone think that if her appearance was "normal" or "mainstream" that she wouldn't be international news? I think the media has made a big deal about this because of this woman's appearance, and that is so shallow and sad. I think if she was "normal" or "mainstream" in her appearance, we would all be saying "Susan Boyle who?"

Although I do agree that Susan has a beautiful voice, does anyone think that if her appearance was "normal" or "mainstream" that she wouldn't be international news? I think the media has made a big deal about this because of this woman's appearance, and that is so shallow and sad. I think if she was "normal" or "mainstream" in her appearance, we would all be saying "Susan Boyle who?"
I think the MSM likes to focus on that aspect. And sure, some of joe public, does too. However, I think much of it has to do with these type of contests ... that is, the perception of "talent shows" in general.

Don't know if you've ever seen these type of shows but sadly, and imo, they're reminiscent of the old circus freak shows, where most of the contestants are horrid and both the audience and judges behavior is offensive. Not sure how to explain it, but to me, they have the feel of jerry springeresque entertainment—ala, "Hi, I want to go on this show an make an *advertiser censored* of myself in front of the world."

In other words, I think there is the standard expectation that they will be talentless. Regardless of looks. And that these shows are more often than not viewed from a sort of morbid train wreck aspect. So, when someone like Susan Boyle comes along? Sure, people are stunned. Simply bc they're used to people who can't carry tune one saying they want to be a famous singer.

Now, add in her looks, her age, and the fact that she's a virgin? And you've got an overnight sensation. In other words, I would proffer it is the whole package that has captivated the world—ala, "yes, real talent can be found on these shows and in the most unexpected places."

I have watched this over and over. The music from Les Miz (like many musicals) is so beautiful, and she did this in such a wonderful way! I love her humility and the fact she taught me a lesson. I have a long way to go before I can truely say I don't judge on appearances. I can't wait for her to go further in this competition.

Shadow~ I am going to have to respectfully disagree with your assessment on shows like American Idol and Britain's Got Talent show. While there are the few that dare to try with no talent, they are there knowing they won't be selected to go onto the "main event". However, the serious singer/musician types are there to further their aspirations and use the shows as a springboard into their careers.

Our friend, David Cook, proved this to me last year on American Idol. ;) It isn't a sham or a circus. It is a legitimate way to make a splash onto the national music scene. (By the way~ I am very proud of him. WOOHOO!)

But it really isn't the media that is drawn to Susan. The millions of people that linked onto YouTube that watches her sing like a songbird are the ones drawn to Susan.

I don't care what the media thinks or doesn't think. From the second she began to sing it was all about that wonderful voice that had me spellbound.

imo

I have to say in my case, I'm totally captivated by her voice. The more I watch the video, the more annoyed I get with the judges, and even the audience. It seems more than a bit fake. I know those judges knew this woman had talent before she got up there. It was a production on their part, but as for Susan, she is 100% authentic. Her story is her story, and her talent is undeniable. I am also getting a lot tired of hearing how it's all about how she was being judged on her looks. I don't think she looks so bad! Sure she could use a bit of polishing, but I could too, and so could a lot of us. I just hope that bit isn't hurting her feelings. I'd hate to hear a million times a day how it was a miracle that my talent was recognized because of my looks. I am glad her brother is looking out for her, and I hope she has nothing but joy from this experience, because she has brought me joy. :)

Just goes to show you, true beauty comes from within, she is amazingly talented!!!!!!! OMG!

I have lost count of how many times I've watched the video now, there are over 32,000,000 hits!
Along with her amazing singing talent, there's just something so god darn comforting in watching her. None of the sleazy over-sexualized antics with so many now adays. Imo the world has been starving for something thats simply good and down to earth. isn't it wonderful that little girls are now going to see that a common woman can have her dream come true and be loved for who and what she is.

VB

Campbell has new spin on Susan Boyle phenomenon
Published Date: 20 April 2009
By Stephen McGinty
"If there is a lesson from her success for politicians, it is authenticity. It is the only communication that works."

As of last night her performance had been viewed more than 50 million times on YouTube.

And yesterday Ms Boyle's singing teacher revealed that she was a serial talent show failure who had previously auditioned without success in the late 1990s for My Kind of People and abandoned the auditions for The X Factor when she realised people were being chosen for their looks. Fred O'Neil said that Ms Boyle's audition for Britain's Got Talent was her final throw of the dice.

ETA ~ A few awesome youtube comments, snagged by the huffington post:

top gear dave said:
"I am a married man of 46 with three kids not normally given to moments of emotional outburts but while watching this delightful lady performing tears streamed down my face. It was definitely a moment when the meek inherited the earth."

bookwoman said:
Hope as well as talent beam from this video and this woman. And oh, we need both so much. We should be ashamed of the cynicism most of us wallow in, expecting talent only from glitzy packages. I am thrill, touched and grateful for Susan Boyle. God Bless her!

U.S.A. fan said:
I love her. She represents all the underdogs of the world. She is wonderful.

Dr. Bob said:
Thanks,Susan... for ringing the bell of believeability for those like yourself who keep on believeing in their dreams. i am happy for you and for your success. God loves you and so do I.

torchman25 said:
susan boyle, thank you for sharing your beautiful voice to the bankrupt state of california. thank God for the internet!

Cheron said:
It's 2am here in Saskatoon Canada and I happened upon this video....feelin g all down and freaken sad because its my 59th birthday this day I heard Susan Boyles audition and I smiled the hugest smile....life has hope again because one lady out of nowhere had a dream come true!!

I love that this little kid made a vid response for her. Imo, this woman has truly bridged the gap between young and old, male and female, rich and poor, and well, just everyone. :)

Shadow~ I am going to have to respectfully disagree with your assessment on shows like American Idol and Britain's Got Talent show. While there are the few that dare to try with no talent, they are there knowing they won't be selected to go onto the "main event". However, the serious singer/musician types are there to further their aspirations and use the shows as a springboard into their careers.

Our friend, David Cook, proved this to me last year on American Idol. ;) It isn't a sham or a circus. It is a legitimate way to make a splash onto the national music scene. (By the way~ I am very proud of him. WOOHOO!)
I do not question that talented people show up. Nor do I question value of such shows helping to launch careers. I simply find that more often than not, the shows seem to be geared toward making a mockery of people who are taking that chance... who risk being completely slammed by the judges in a very public way. Then again, you know Heinlein's old saying, "Sure, the game's rigged but if you don't play, you can't win."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mel18
Back