Theories about Ron's breaks and werk schedule

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oops! I called the Crill Handy on the hill (Kanagroo Express?) because I read that is where he stopped. I don't know if it is true or not. When I looked on the map, it appeared to be south of the plant and when I mapped it, it was less than 5 min of his route. and it was to the west or East Palatka. I better look more closely because my eyes must be playing tricks on me. I trust you because you are local. Mapquest must be incorrect.

On a different not, I am still curious on how Hart/Harris got info of the pings. As far as this case goes, I will once again attempt to rule out rc's involvement. This is exactly where I started and have not been able to do it yet.

For those who believe he spent most of 12 hours at work, I would like to see the theory/explanation on his behavior since the crime. It makes no sense. If he were fighting with misty at work and fighting with her for days or longer before, and she turns off her phone and his child disappears, why the love? Within hours of Haleigh missing he was walking around with misty close to his chest defending her..NOT questioning her. Where did all the anger go? They had a huge fight on the phone 15 hrs prior while he was at work and he is hugging her?
If I were inclined to think that Ron wasn't involved, I'd explain his behavior by saying that his bad azz exterior as well as his public contempt for Misty was all face saving bravado, that he figured 'what's done is done', & that he wanted Misty, regardless of what she had done. that his arguing & fighting with her was just for show, because he didn't want her to know that she had the upper hand in the relationship. & I'd say that he had a rare personal insight & understood that even though he didn't hurt Haleigh, he was responsible for creating an explosive situation, so therefore refused to put all of the blame on Misty. & I'd say that Ron wanted to keep this girlfriend more than he wanted justice for his daughter.

If I were inclined to think that Ron wasn't involved, I'd explain his behavior by saying that his bad azz exterior as well as his public contempt for Misty was all face saving bravado, that he figured 'what's done is done', & that he wanted Misty, regardless of what she had done. that his arguing & fighting with her was just for show, because he didn't want her to know that she had the upper hand in the relationship. & I'd say that he had a rare personal insight & understood that even though he didn't hurt Haleigh, he was responsible for creating an explosive situation, so therefore refused to put all of the blame on Misty. & I'd say that Ron wanted to keep this girlfriend more than he wanted justice for his daughter.

And I'd say, at the very least, that makes him an accomplice and accessory to the crime.

The cell phone pings only mean the phone was near the towers at PDM, I put more credence in the eye witnesses that said they saw him throughout the night, Not much time passed in between sighting of him throughout the evening to allow him time to get to 202 Green Lane and back. If he left, he didn't go to 202 Green Lane, he didn't have the time according to people who placed him at work through out the night.

This was discussed on several episodes of NG after we heard about the two pings from PDM. I have the transcript saved from the show if anyone wants to read them, just let me know and I will post the link.

Just wondering IF these eye witnesses who claim they saw him throughout the entire night have stated he was on the phone the entire night since it has been revealed he made 90 plus calls that night? JMO

I am impressed with your thinking..very impressed.

I like this, Dodie. But now I'm back to the question of what does Misty have/offer that was bigger and better than the love and affection of his little girl? (Beyond the obvious: Haleigh is now gone)

Just wondering IF these eye witnesses who claim they saw him throughout the entire night have stated he was on the phone the entire night since it has been revealed he made 90 plus calls that night? JMO

Not sure what the eye witnesses saw him doing with his phone throughout the evening but there are eye witness accounts that he was seen periodically. On an episode with Nancy G..Terry Shoemaker( the lawyer that said RC was moved from the top of the suspect list to the bottom:waitasec:) was asked by NG about those sighting and if it was possible he left the plant at anytime throughout the night. This is what was said.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0910/12/ng.01.html

snip~UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Hey, Nancy Grace. I love you, dear.

GRACE: Thank you. And thank you for calling in.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: And I`m so proud of you and your hubby and your twins.

GRACE: You know what? We are -- it`s like God heard our prayers and answered them 10,000 times over.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: I have followed you for so many years, Court TV, all of them. But anyway, I`d just like to make a comment on the cell phone bills, if it is a cell phone that Ronald tried to call Misty that night. If he tried to call 20 times -- Ronald`s got a hot temper. I wonder why he didn`t leave work and go home and check to see what was going on. I`m not buying this story.

GRACE: To Terry Shoemaker, attorney for Ronald Cummings. That`s Haleigh`s father. Of course, Terry a well-known attorney in the Jacksonville area, in fact, the whole region. Terry Shoemaker, thank you for being with us.

TERRY SHOEMAKER, ATTORNEY FOR RONALD CUMMINGS: Thank you.

GRACE: Let me just clarify again, and correct me if I`m wrong because I`ll find out later. At some point, the truth will be uncovered. Isn`t it true, Mr. Shoemaker, that Ronald Cummings stayed at work his full shift and he got home around 3:00 AM?

SHOEMAKER: Absolutely. He never left.

GRACE: OK. Terry, what did he do for a living? What was it exactly he did there?

SHOEMAKER: He was a crane operator, among some other responsibilities.

GRACE: I`m sorry. I couldn`t hear you. Repeat. He did what?

SHOEMAKER: He was a crane operator.

GRACE: OK. Were there other people around him observing him operating the crane, amongst other things?

SHOEMAKER: Yes. He was there all night. You know, there were some times, you know, based on our conversations with FDLE, that people didn`t actually see him, but they were for very short periods of time. And people saw him there all night, for the most part.

GRACE: And his home was about a 30 or 40-minute drive away?

SHOEMAKER: A little less than that. You know, probably anywhere from 20 to 30 minutes.

GRACE: OK. Give him 30. He would have to have been gone about an hour-and-a-half, 30 minutes there, 30 minutes back...

SHOEMAKER: Exactly.

GRACE: ... and 30 minutes for whatever was to take place there. Was there that big of a gap of people seeing him?

SHOEMAKER: Absolutely not, Nancy.

GRACE: OK. Mr. Shoemaker, you`re giving me your word on that?

SHOEMAKER: Absolutely, Nancy.

GRACE: And again, you said he operates a crane. Was he operating a crane that night?

SHOEMAKER: I don`t believe he actually was that evening. I know he had a couple different things he was doing, but...

GRACE: Like what?

SHOEMAKER: I can`t really answer that specifically. I know when we spoke...

GRACE: Why?

SHOEMAKER: Well, when we spoke with law enforcement the last time, they asked him about his different jobs that evening, and he said that he had to move some material from different locations and -- so I know that he had a number of different responsibilities, but his primary responsibility at that job was as a crane operator.

GRACE: Indoors or outdoors?

SHOEMAKER: Well, the crane is outdoors, but he -- you know, he would move things to different aspects of the job site and take care of material that way.

GRACE: So we know absolutely he did not leave the job site?

SHOEMAKER: Absolutely.
~ end

In my opinion if the AC repairman or GGS absolutely saw Haleigh after RC went to work, then something happened to Haleigh after RC reported for work. Is there a possibility that he could have culpability in a cover up? I guess we will have to see. JMO

Not sure what the eye witnesses saw him doing with his phone throughout the evening but there are eye witness accounts that he was seen periodically. On an episode with Nancy G..Terry Shoemaker( the lawyer that said RC was moved from the top of the suspect list to the bottom:waitasec:) was asked by NG about those sighting and if it was possible he left the plant at anytime throughout the night. This is what was said.

GRACE: You know what? We are -- it`s like God heard our prayers and answered them 10,000 times over.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: I have followed you for so many years, Court TV, all of them. But anyway, I`d just like to make a comment on the cell phone bills, if it is a cell phone that Ronald tried to call Misty that night. If he tried to call 20 times -- Ronald`s got a hot temper. I wonder why he didn`t leave work and go home and check to see what was going on. I`m not buying this story.

GRACE: To Terry Shoemaker, attorney for Ronald Cummings. That`s Haleigh`s father. Of course, Terry a well-known attorney in the Jacksonville area, in fact, the whole region. Terry Shoemaker, thank you for being with us.

GRACE: Let me just clarify again, and correct me if I`m wrong because I`ll find out later. At some point, the truth will be uncovered. Isn`t it true, Mr. Shoemaker, that Ronald Cummings stayed at work his full shift and he got home around 3:00 AM?

GRACE: OK. Terry, what did he do for a living? What was it exactly he did there?

GRACE: OK. Were there other people around him observing him operating the crane, amongst other things?

SHOEMAKER: Yes. He was there all night. You know, there were some times, you know, based on our conversations with FDLE, that people didn`t actually see him, but they were for very short periods of time. And people saw him there all night, for the most part.

SHOEMAKER: A little less than that. You know, probably anywhere from 20 to 30 minutes.

GRACE: OK. Give him 30. He would have to have been gone about an hour-and-a-half, 30 minutes there, 30 minutes back...

GRACE: ... and 30 minutes for whatever was to take place there. Was there that big of a gap of people seeing him?

GRACE: And again, you said he operates a crane. Was he operating a crane that night?

SHOEMAKER: I don`t believe he actually was that evening. I know he had a couple different things he was doing, but...

SHOEMAKER: Well, when we spoke with law enforcement the last time, they asked him about his different jobs that evening, and he said that he had to move some material from different locations and -- so I know that he had a number of different responsibilities, but his primary responsibility at that job was as a crane operator.

SHOEMAKER: Well, the crane is outdoors, but he -- you know, he would move things to different aspects of the job site and take care of material that way.

~ end

In my opinion if the AC repairman or GGS absolutely saw Haleigh after RC went to work, then something happened to Haleigh after RC reported for work. Is there a possibility that he could have culpability in a cover up? I guess we will have to see. JMO

Thanks Elle for the transcript..I do recall seeing that interview.. Still don't believe Ron was accounted for the entire night, no matter what his attorney is trying to prove....
Just as I don't believe GGMS saw Haleigh alive and well eating dinner on a screened in porch when it was cold and dark outside..Buts thats just my opinion...JMO

I like this, Dodie. But now I'm back to the question of what does Misty have/offer that was bigger and better than the love and affection of his little girl? (Beyond the obvious: Haleigh is now gone)
After listening to that bus stop video guy, it's obvious that Ron was immediately taken with Misty-a little obsessive & determined. Maybe he just made up his mind, right then & there. Plus, Misty was very pretty & to somebody like Ron, she probably had a cool factor. She was a drug user & had a 'sex' reputation because of the statutory thing, with that guy in prison. & she had that little baby voice, lol-so on one hand, she was sweet, but on the other, she was rough. Also, I think Ron was intrigued by her independent nature, which was so different than his usual girlfriends. He knew this girl was gonna be hard to get, but for whatever reason, he seemed determined to get her. Him confiding in the bus stop guy, proves that. Regardless of what he did to deserve it, the fact that Ron took her back after that wild weekend,(& against GGS advice), proves that he'd forgive Misty anything. @ the least, she had sex with WBG. & then after their divorce, she was living wild, to say the least, but he again took her back, & paid for her tattoo. So, I guess what she had to offer, besides the obvious, was excitement. Misty wasn't boring. I've often wondered what Crystal thought about Ron taking Misty back, after that weekend. Because I don't think that was the norm for him.

After listening to that bus stop video guy, it's obvious that Ron was immediately taken with Misty-a little obsessive & determined. Maybe he just made up his mind, right then & there. Plus, Misty was very pretty & to somebody like Ron, she probably had a cool factor. She was a drug user & had a 'sex' reputation because of the statutory thing, with that guy in prison. & she had that little baby voice, lol-so on one hand, she was sweet, but on the other, she was rough. Also, I think Ron was intrigued by her independent nature, which was so different than his usual girlfriends. He knew this girl was gonna be hard to get, but for whatever reason, he seemed determined to get her. Him confiding in the bus stop guy, proves that. Regardless of what he did to deserve it, the fact that Ron took her back after that wild weekend,(& against GGS advice), proves that he'd forgive Misty anything. @ the least, she had sex with WBG. & then after their divorce, she was living wild, to say the least, but he again took her back, & paid for her tattoo. So, I guess what she had to offer, besides the obvious, was excitement. Misty wasn't boring. I've often wondered what Crystal thought about Ron taking Misty back, after that weekend. Because I don't think that was the norm for him.

Against GGMS advice? ONLY IF one believes what GGMS just recently stated..IIRC she was praising Misty to high heaven about 14 months ago.. Telling everyone we didn't know Misty, she knew her and that she was more mature than alot of 26, 27, 28 year old people she knew....JMO

Also, I'm not impressed with people who are addicted to excitement, and get a high from fatal attraction disastrous relationships..JMO...
Let me add I don't view Misty or Ron as being one bit exciting.. Toxic.. dangerous.. lethal.. unfeeling.. insensitive, YES, but not exciting.....JMO

Against GGMS advice? ONLY IF one believes what GGMS just recently stated..IIRC she was praising Misty to high heaven about 14 months ago.. Telling everyone we didn't know Misty, she knew her and that she was more mature than alot of 26, 27, 28 year old people she knew....JMO

Also, I'm not impressed with people who are addicted to excitement, and get a high from fatal attraction disastrous relationships..JMO...
Let me add I don't view Misty or Ron as being one bit exciting.. Toxic.. dangerous.. lethal.. unfeeling.. insensitive, YES, but not exciting.....JMO
I think RON, (not me), thought Misty was exciting. I also think they feed off each other & are toxic. But, I did believe GGS's statement about being mad that Ron took Misty back-not because she had left him without a babysitter, but because of that wild weekend. I don't think GGS put any blame on Ron for beating Misty, but just saw what Misty did-& she didn't like it...& I sort of understand why. Ron is her grandson, so her loyalties are with him. I never believed hers or Teresa's adoration & praise for Misty. It just didn't ring true, to me, but the statement of being mad, did have that ring of truth. At least, to me.

SHOEMAKER: Yes. He was there all night. You know, there were some times, you know, based on our conversations with FDLE, that people didn`t actually see him, but they were for very short periods of time. And people saw him there all night, for the most part. This entire sentence can be torn apart

~ end

It is my opinion that we are hearing a Criminal Defense Attorney speak and his words need to be analyzed.

Not once in this conversation does he give the work hours. He stated he was at work his shift and came home at 3:00am. Where does he say what time his shift was over? He doesn't. It could have been over anytime between 8:00p.m (theoretically) and 3:00am, because we don't even know if he worked full time on the 9th of Feb. Everyone assumes he was a full time employee but we don't know. I never thought rc left his work and then came back to the plant. I think he went in late or left early or his shift was not 12 hours.

Where is he getting most of his info? from rc, I wouldl say. As far as rc now being at the bottom of the list. How long is the list? At that point, it could have been two people long. Attorneys are cagey.

No matter how you splice this, rc has unaccounted time. If his shift started at 5 and he was there at 5:00, there is an hour.

RC would not even be in the mix if his behavior that night and afterwards was not extremely odd. He is his worst enemy.l

Once again we have NG interrupting what could be vital information....grr. She cuts him off to get her sound bites.
Shoemaker says 30 min. ride; rc has to cut that down to 19 minutes to fit in the Kangaroo stop.

SHOEMAKER: Absolutely. He never left

SHOEMAKER:
Absolutely, Nancy.

~ end

It bothers me a bit that he replies four different questions "Absolutely".

It's noteworthy to me that TS exaggerates the time it takes for Ronald to drive home. They're both painting a pretty picture how Ronald couldn't be involved because it would take him 60 minutes to drive home and back and 30 minutes to do whatever he did, but it's not true, is it? It takes you no time at all to enter if you've got a key, and sometimes it takes just seconds to kill or grab a child. Getting rid of the evidence might take a while depending on what you want done but putting a bag in a dumpster or throwing it off a bridge is quick if it's not very much out of your way.

TS said on another occasion that it took Ronald exactly 19 minutes to drive to work that afternoon, so I don't really see how it would take him 30 minutes late at night when there's less traffic. And it didn't. Supposing Ronald left work at 3:00 am like Terry says, he was home well in time for the 911 call at 3:27 and quite possibly several minutes before that since he and Misty talked and said they searched for Haleigh. And IIRC at least in one interview he gave a time span of several minutes for his arrival, but he would have been sure if they'd called 911 right away. So if he drove straight home he would have been there a lot quicker than 19 minutes, considering these times allow for the detour at the convenience store.

The take home message of this interview to me is that TS admits that there are gaps in which Ronald was not observed by anyone. It's in his best interests to exaggerate the estimated time it would have taken RC to drive home and to do something to Haleigh to make it exceed those gaps. But as we don't know what happened to Haleigh it might in fact have happened far faster than the estimated 30 minutes. And the drive times are all assuming that Misty told the truth but AFAIK we still have no confirmation that Haleigh was actually home that whole night so something could have happened to her somewhere else, closer to PDM, and he might not have had to drive far at all.

Secondly, a parent might be involved in something heinous, say, selling their children to a pedophile ring or arranging an illegal adoption to get back at an ex or something, and arrange to be at work when the exchange is supposed to happen as an alibi.

Third, the previous scenarios are all assuming he did whatever he did alone, but he could easily have been concocting cover-up plans with his accomplices while on the phone at PDM.

Ron states clearly on an early episode of NG that he got home at 3.

I think RON, (not me), thought Misty was exciting. I also think they feed off each other & are toxic. But, I did believe GGS's statement about being mad that Ron took Misty back-not because she had left him without a babysitter, but because of that wild weekend. I don't think GGS put any blame on Ron for beating Misty, but just saw what Misty did-& she didn't like it...& I sort of understand why. Ron is her grandson, so her loyalties are with him. I never believed hers or Teresa's adoration & praise for Misty. It just didn't ring true, to me, but the statement of being mad, did have that ring of truth. At least, to me.

BBM. Dodie, I understand now what you are saying about GGMS statement about her being mad that Ronald took Misty back, however I suspect there wouldn't have been any reconciliation IF whatever happened to Haleigh hadn't happened..
And from what you have stated about GGMS and her loyalties being with Ronald, I wholeheartedly agree..I suspect she came forward 10 days later and stated she saw Haleigh alive and well eating dinner on the front porch sometime between 7 and 8 to provide an alibi for her grandson who she knew had showed up for work by that time..
For certain, her saying she showed up at the time she did, didn't provide an alibi for Misty for the entire evening..
Could be too she came forward to say she went over there to drop off laundy because she did go over there to pick up Misty and she thought maybe someone had seen her car.. I suspect Misty was a basket case that night after TN and GGMS insisted he get his rear in gear and get to work.
Truth be known I suspect they planned from day one to throw Misty under the bus, but she was just too too dumb to realize what they were all doing...No doubt in my mind they ALL blame Misty for whatever it is/was that happened to Haleigh eventhough it was Ron who actually did the deed..
I suspect they all share the same mind set of... IF she hadn't done what she did, this would have never happened.And they see nothing wrong with her taking the fall for their Golden Boy..JMO

Ron states clearly on an early episode of NG that he got home at 3.

I have never, ever heard this stated anywhere, I don't usually ask for links..however, since you remember it so clearly perhaps you wouldn't mind telling me where I could find this transcript? TIA

How do we know that Haleigh wasn't killed before Ron went to work?

It bothers me a bit that he replies four different questions "Absolutely".

It's noteworthy to me that TS exaggerates the time it takes for Ronald to drive home. They're both painting a pretty picture how Ronald couldn't be involved because it would take him 60 minutes to drive home and back and 30 minutes to do whatever he did, but it's not true, is it? It takes you no time at all to enter if you've got a key, and sometimes it takes just seconds to kill or grab a child. Getting rid of the evidence might take a while depending on what you want done but putting a bag in a dumpster or throwing it off a bridge is quick if it's not very much out of your way.

TS said on another occasion that it took Ronald exactly 19 minutes to drive to work that afternoon, so I don't really see how it would take him 30 minutes late at night when there's less traffic. And it didn't. Supposing Ronald left work at 3:00 am like Terry says, he was home well in time for the 911 call at 3:27 and quite possibly several minutes before that since he and Misty talked and said they searched for Haleigh. And IIRC at least in one interview he gave a time span of several minutes for his arrival, but he would have been sure if they'd called 911 right away. So if he drove straight home he would have been there a lot quicker than 19 minutes, considering these times allow for the detour at the convenience store.

The take home message of this interview to me is that TS admits that there are gaps in which Ronald was not observed by anyone. It's in his best interests to exaggerate the estimated time it would have taken RC to drive home and to do something to Haleigh to make it exceed those gaps. But as we don't know what happened to Haleigh it might in fact have happened far faster than the estimated 30 minutes. And the drive times are all assuming that Misty told the truth but AFAIK we still have no confirmation that Haleigh was actually home that whole night so something could have happened to her somewhere else, closer to PDM, and he might not have had to drive far at all.

Secondly, a parent might be involved in something heinous, say, selling their children to a pedophile ring or arranging an illegal adoption to get back at an ex or something, and arrange to be at work when the exchange is supposed to happen as an alibi.

Third, the previous scenarios are all assuming he did whatever he did alone, but he could easily have been concocting cover-up plans with his accomplices while on the phone at PDM.

Good Morning Don...I believe investigators have been working Haleigh's disappearance as a homicide since the day they sent Tim Miller away, and requested that no-one search for Haleigh anymore. I also believe that whatever happened to Haleigh happened after RC went to work on February 9, 2009.

Believe it or not, I also believed that RC loved his children and had a very close relationship with Haleigh. I do not believe he would sell her to a pedophile sex ring, no way. As far as arranging an illegal adoption to get back at Crystal, to be honest if you consider the history between these two young parents , illegal adoption makes even less sense to me. JMHO

As far as something happening closer to PDM, or Misty driving Haleigh closer to RC at PDM, that is the only scenario I personally couldn't throw out the window. Wouldn't Junior have been with Haleigh? Couldn't he tell investigators where they went if they went anywhere at all? What vehicle was used? Chelsea C had the blue van that night....not Misty.What about the man in black( because I believe Junior saw something that night)S Hardy answered a reporters question about who was in the home the night Haleigh went missing and he specifically states Junior was there. I just believe that something happened to Haleigh in the trailer ( or over at 116 Tyler) and it was after RC went to work. JMO

How do we know that Haleigh wasn't killed before Ron went to work?

Unless investigators are purposefully lying about when Haleigh was last seen, Haleigh was alive around 7 pm on the evening of February 9 2009. No-one in LE has stated that she was never there.

The AC Repairman was also at the trailer that day around 5, however investigators have never said if he saw Haleigh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR Sleuth