Theories about Ron's breaks and werk schedule

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If RC went to work late (as lately suggest by several radio broadcasts, etc), then where was he at 5:00 when the A/C man talked to him on the phone? And wouldn't GGS have run into him when she dropped laundry off? Unless, he was out drinking or whatever somewhere. Did he go to work late just for an alibi? Did he get drunk or high after what happened to Haleigh because he couldn't handle it? Any ideas?

We have been told there are two shifts at PDM. 7:00am to 3:30pm and 3:30pm to 12:00am. Sounds reasonable to me.

LE has stated there were two shifts but didn't give hours. LE secured two shifts for PDM after they fired RC in case there were problems.

Ron said the very next night to his pastor that he worked EIGHT hours, came home, and "didn't have a daughter no more"

BBM - So if he worked until midnight, that would make the co-workers and supervisors statements true but what was happening from 12:30am and 3:27am? That's the question.

Here are a few articles that talk about Ron's work schedule. Which still leaves a lot of questions as to what exact time he was at work. LE only says they are satisfied. To me that could mean that Ron told them he was there for a certain time and it was verified, it dose not mean that Ron was at work from 4pm until 3am. It only means that what ever time Ron said he was at werk are the times LE are satisfied with.

A night shift crane operator, Zastrow told said he was working with Cummings “on the yard” from the time PDM hired Haleigh’s father in October last year until Ronald was fired in early April. The reason: failing to let the company know he was coming back, a spokesman tells me.

http://www.artharris.com/2009/04/27/...s-solid-alibi/

NEVES:
The night shift is only -- he`s only been on that like -- I mean I can`t give you an exact date, but I`m going to say he hasn`t been on that night shift four or five weeks.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP.../17/ng.01.html

In this article it mentions Ron being at PDM the night Haleigh was reported missing. I wonder what other kinds of video they have and the time stamps on them?

"The night Haleigh vanished, Cummings was working a late shift at PDM Bridge in Palatka. Video camera footage from PDM Bridge confirms he was at work that night. Cummings is no longer employed there".

http://www.gainesville.com/article/20100207/ARTICLES/2071006/1118?p=5&tc=pg

I remember going over this in detail in the early general discussion threads and I wish I had the time to comb through them now.

I do have a question that I once knew and can't remember now. Was there an official reason that RC lost his job?

The reason that they gave officially was job abandonment. Supposedly he hadn't contacted his employer to let them know how long he'd be away. Ron's lawyers had a different take about what happened and threatened to sue but nothing ever came of that, afaik, so it might have been just hot air. I suspect it was not the whole truth anyway because PDM felt it necessary to have LE there for security when Ron got fired. There was talk about threats he'd made.

I have no doubt RC was at PDM sometime that night, but would love to know when he was videoed. Still having doubts about whether there was any overtime though.

And how many of those "repeated calls to Tommy" were done at work, which means he wasn't werking while at work!

And how many of those "repeated calls to Tommy" were done at work, which means he wasn't werking while at work!

And why were none of those calls to Misty or Tommy addressed as to ping locations--they only said they had 2. Once again, you must read between the lines methinks.

I believe the lack of discussion about the work hours by LE indicates it may be that they wanted Ron to think his alibi held, but that they may have other information. This is a part of the story that is surely lacking total detail. MOO

I am not sure this has been discussed before,,if it has just ignore or delete,,Kimster,,,,,,BUT,,,I have heard from day 2 or 3 that RC worked overtime that night which somewhat held to his ,,"alibi"....Now,, I can't speak for anyone but myself but I find it hard to believe,,(I don't believe),,,RC would ever worked overtime,,,,He is much too lazy and would always take the shortcut to getting what he wanted,,if you know what I mean...Not the responsible type to work to meet the needs of his children...He's had too many AS,,TN cover for him all his life....

Where did you hear this? I must've missed it. I thought the law was an hour for every 8 hours worked, but I could be wrong.

But break or no break, hour or half hour - we never have heard RC's exact hours. As of right now, I believe it is possible RC came home before the 3:27am time he previously gave and that is how the kitchen light got on and the reason for RJ leaving the room in the middle of the night. It's possible is all I'm saying.

(bbm) Actually this is a plausible explanation for both IMO. If MC were so out of it that she didn't awaken when RC first arrived home and had Haleigh not been sleeping in same room w her as claimed but rather been first discovered by RC in her own room (on returning from work) to have wet her bed eg and RC lost it then pretended he'd just arrived... this actually works, ie if RC in actuality got off at midnite when MC was still 'dead to the world' (and thus actually home and never heard her bro knocking earlier in the eve). It would have given RC a couple of hours--from 12:30-2:30am--to arrange for disposing of Haleigh.

But in all honesty I don't believe that's what happened. Something is fishy about many varying reports of earlier hours that evening--going all the way back to a conflict over who picked up Haleigh from bus stop, then a call by AC man quite conveniently establishing alibi for RC at work about 5pm, then an account that eventually emerges of a visit by GMS who just happens to spot Haleigh outside on the porch by chance eatin n hollerin despite the cold, yet refrains from entering and lo and behold has along LPN Elysa, and a phone which is coincidentally turned off or disabled about 8:30.... no, there are far too many inconsistencies IMO re this earlier time period.

I'm wondering whether a last minute, seemingly out of character eagerness to volunteer for OT by RC at PDM at midnite that nite may have been because all had not been "handled" (ie tracks not covered) yet--thus it was not quite safe for RC to make his appearance. This would've given whomever was in charge of damage control a little more time to complete the task of disposal and get home or situated somewhere nearby in preparation for the "news..."

That said, I would just like to add tho I've also always wondered if, like his refusal to remain at Green Lane, RC's reluctance to return to work at PDM could have been due to his associating that location w the last time he saw Haleigh.

:parrot:

Well If RC got Haleigh off the bus on that day we can work forward from there. Haleigh gets off bus at 3:30-3:45? He said he loved on her a bit and then took her on home and said goodbye to everyone then about 10 minutes later he left for work. If it takes 25-30 minutes to get to PDM that means he arrived somewhere between 4:30 and 5 pm.

He and his lawyer state that he arrived 30 or so minutes early on that day right?
So was he set to start his shift at 5:30 or 6 pm? I think 6, We heard that his normal shift is not an 8 hour shift, he works six hours and then overtime when needed, so regular time getting out would be midnight. He and his lawyer stated that he worked over that night( possibly til 3) so that would put him home at 3:30, or thereabout.

Bowling and other LE have stated that they are "satisfied with RC's interviews and the 8 hours in question.

snip~ Investigators also met Wednesday with Cummings, he said.

"We are satisfied with the interviews that we have had so far with Ronald, and his account of the eight hours in question," Bowling added.

Detectives are building a timeline including anyone who had contact with Haleigh during that time. Bowling described the repeated questioning sessions as a normal part of a major investigation.

"From the beginning, we have said that we will interview anyone, at anytime, as many times as need be, to get information that will help us find Haleigh," he said.

Haleigh was reported missing Feb. 10 from her home in Satsuma, south of Palatka.

The disappearance prompted a massive search and intensive criminal investigation involving local state and federal officials.

No trace of Haleigh has been found. ~ end snip

http://www.palatkadailynews.com/arti...ews/news01.txt

If we trust Terry Shoemaker it took Ron 19 minutes to drive to PDM.

Nancy Grace asked Ronald's attorney Friday night some questions about his timeline on February 9, 2009. Terry Shoemaker said on national television that Ronald picked up Haleigh at the bus stop at 3:30 and Iitt takes him 19 minutes to go from home to work at PDM. Shoemaker then cleared up a significant grey area stating that Ronald usually gets to work about 45 minutes or so early for his 5pm shift at PDM, putting him at work around 4pm but not actually working until 5pm.

http://www.thesky973.com/pages/5154674.php?

The remarks quoted by Major Bowling were made in March '09--just weeks after Haleigh vanished. Fortunately that marked the beginning--and not the end--to their investigation and was hardly the final word from LE. I'm relieved LE has told us a few things in the past year--giving us much more current info, including press releases and statements by PCSO, from which to work.

The bus drop has been confirmed at 3:20pm. We've heard all about all the "lovin on" but even if this went on for 15 mins. we still have a potential window of time as neither RC--nor his atty--are a reliable source or confirmation for me lol. In the nearly one year time period since that article I have yet to hear LE verify RC's precise arrival at work once. Meanwhile I've heard far more ambiguous statements by LE thruout the course of the ensuing eleven months as well as holes so big you could drive a truck thru in various accounts which raise red flags and cast doubt re RC's actual work hours. Regardless of what others choose to hold them to, LE is by no means locked into any statement made in the embryonic stages of an investigation which they also initially believed was, and were once treating as, a "stranger abduction." Oh what a mighty long way we've come...

I think it's a tree service, very similar to a yard service. It's on FL Dept of State Corporations - Belcher is primary name on it, iirc, and it would be Aunt Katrina.

eta -

oops, twall. Need to read before I write.

Yes, Aunt Katrina...so it's not a privately held farm? I was thinking Ron would have been familiar and felt safe going there. If this is where Haleigh is.

I was trying to develop a jumping off point in the time-line based on the information provided to us by LE. If LE is no longer satisfied with the 8 hours I missed that news flash! : )

In my opinion the information given to us about the time-line was never retracted or changed, they were examining the 8 hour time period and that is what I wanted to comment on. Last March or not we have no information that RC and his 8 hours in question are being re-examined. If we have more up to date information that contradicts what Major Bowling said I need to read it and a link would be much appreciated. TIA

Those links have been kindly provided over and over, please refer to earlier threads (unless of course someone else has nothing better to do w their time lol).

ETA The link to article from approx one year ago is no longer a working link.

LE has never given the public a clue as to what 8 hour period they were looking into.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot