Theories about Ron's breaks and werk schedule

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, when LE says there are questions in an 8-hour time period means someone's alibi is not airtight. Since we know at this point that those 8 hours are associated with Ron, an extrapolation could be made that Ron's alibi (the one LE is satisfied IS his alibi) has holes.

I do recall mention of 6 hour shifts early in the investigation. So if we go by a 6 hour shift:

05:00 p.m. - 11:00 p.m. = 6 hours
11:00 p.m. - 02:00 a.m. = 3 hours overtime

Add 30 minutes for the lunch break and that
puts you at 2:30 a.m.

Add a 19 minute commute and a stop at the Kangaroo and that gets Mr. Cummings close to the 3:27 a.m. arrival time. Not exact, but close.

We don't know if it was a 6 hour shift (since he told the pastor he worked 8 hours) and we don't know if the 30 minutes is included in their shift or in addition to it.

If Ron's attorney wanted to clear up a gray area, he could have just given the hours Ron worked!

Honestly, IMO, i think the lunch break is the only time Ron was actually accounted for. Even his own attorney stated that Ron was doing odd and end things that night and wasn't under supervision the whole night.

I would also like to know a little more about the pings from the PDM. If there are 25 calls to the same number does that mean 25 pings off the closest tower?

[BBM]

Oh, I don't know, that just seems like a really odd thing for Ron's attorney to admit. Why say that at all?

[BBM]

Oh, I don't know, that just seems like a really odd thing for Ron's attorney to admit. Why say that at all?

JMO - it's a JIC kinda thing - Just In Case something comes up contradicting what his client said.

I'd heard shifts had changed shortly afterward madj or believe me, I'd have called myself months ago lol. :biggrin:

:parrot:

We know there are only two shifts at PDM. We know this because LE stated they posted security at the plant after rc was fired.

I will assume that shifts are eight hours, unless I am told differently.

Ron stated in public he was a Crane Operator...we know rc likes to toot his horn. When his attorney spoke, he tried to save some rc pride by saying..."er...he was hired as a crane operator but was doing odd jobs around the yard." I believe this was a purposeful deceit. I think rc was more like a clean-up person in the yard or maybe, at best, drove a fork-lift.

Regarding the hours. We had been told by locals the regular hours were 7:00am to 3:30pm and 3:30pm to midnight. We were told overtime is usually planned and is seasonal.

We have to wonder why LE nor PDM will comment on hours worked. The explanation, in my mind, is that they are investigating ron cummings and his location during those hours.

We have a man stating he was on break with rc and that rc got a phone call from misty saying she was having a real hard time with Haleigh.

There have two versions of when rc responded:
1. he stated on Feb 9 to "Whip her"
2. he stated two weeks prior to misty to "Whip her"

We know there are only two shifts at PDM. We know this because LE stated they posted security at the plant after rc was fired.

I will assume that shifts are eight hours, unless I am told differently.

Ron stated in public he was a Crane Operator...we know rc likes to toot his horn. When his attorney spoke, he tried to save some rc pride by saying..."er...he was hired as a crane operator but was doing odd jobs around the yard." I believe this was a purposeful deceit. I think rc was more like a clean-up person in the yard or maybe, at best, drove a fork-lift.

Regarding the hours. We had been told by locals the regular hours were 7:00am to 3:30pm and 3:30pm to midnight. We were told overtime is usually planned and is seasonal.

We have to wonder why LE nor PDM will comment on hours worked. The explanation, in my mind, is that they are investigating ron cummings and his location during those hours.

We have a man stating he was on break with rc and that rc got a phone call from misty saying she was having a real hard time with Haleigh.

There have two versions of when rc responded:
1. he stated on Feb 9 to "Whip her"
2. he stated two weeks prior to misty to "Whip her"

PDM has Kept just about everything about RC under-wraps, this can be concluded to be their company policy, not to release any information about an employe or they are following LE instructions.

Ron came off early that he had passed the lie detector. Although this is not how it came out of RC's camp - Misty did not. Surely one (or more) of the very important questions Law Enforcement asked about would have pertained to the time line and hours he was confirmed to be at work.

So does this now mean the whole lie detector/LE confirming RC's work schedule was untrue? He either beat the lie detector or LE knows there are "discrepancies" from early on and as close to the chest, LE played this out in public it was actually closer than we realized because nothing LE confirmed is actually "confirmed". (For crying out loud RC being at work the hours he claimed was about the only thing LE confirmed to the public - for weeks. OK so "it worked" in that RC walked around acting as if he had been "cleared", now where in heavens-name is HaLeigh???

IMO something isn't right about his work hours for that night and LE knows it but eithr can't pin it down or are holding back, but not sure why they would hold it back this long? Have they ever made a plea to public about anyone seeing RC that night away from workplace? I don't understand, with a child missing and not a case of a body found right away as most cases, they would dance around an issue like this for an entire year. So they must know something or else he in fact never left the premises.
Would like to know if the alleged reply for MC to whip HC was a regular thing...and if so, if MC took it upon herself to do so on that night and then shut off her phone when it went badly? But still am curious about RC's wounds that night as well...don't believe his version...

IMO something isn't right about his work hours for that night and LE knows it but eithr can't pin it down or are holding back, but not sure why they would hold it back this long? Have they ever made a plea to public about anyone seeing RC that night away from workplace? I don't understand, with a child missing and not a case of a body found right away as most cases, they would dance around an issue like this for an entire year. So they must know something or else he in fact never left the premises.
Would like to know if the alleged reply for MC to whip HC was a regular thing...and if so, if MC took it upon herself to do so on that night and then shut off her phone when it went badly? But still am curious about RC's wounds that night as well...don't believe his version...
Has anybody reported seeing these wounds @ work?

Has anybody reported seeing these wounds @ work?

As I understand it, his neighbor/friend stated that he'd injured his hands by hitting his car. Then it came out that he'd actually hit his hand on the door. Both these stories were told, but the time frame was that he injured his hand (somehow) when he discovered that Haleigh was missing.

It's just another one of those buffet of choices for versions of stories we have in this case.

I do not know of any large manufacturing plant that runs 6-hour shifts. Most run 8-hours, some have gone to 10-hours, 4 days a week, in some departments. I just can't imagine a place like PDM having 6 hour shifts, because that would not give the employees a 40-hour week, unless they work 7 days a week, and that's just not a probability, IMO.

When has LE ever said Ron was cleared? I've never heard that or read it anywhere from any official source.

I do recall mention of 6 hour shifts early in the investigation. So if we go by a 6 hour shift:

05:00 p.m. - 11:00 p.m. = 6 hours
11:00 p.m. - 02:00 a.m. = 3 hours overtime

Add 30 minutes for the lunch break and that
puts you at 2:30 a.m.

Add a 19 minute commute and a stop at the Kangaroo and that gets Mr. Cummings close to the 3:27 a.m. arrival time. Not exact, but close.

We don't know if it was a 6 hour shift (since he told the pastor he worked 8 hours) and we don't know if the 30 minutes is included in their shift or in addition to it.

If Ron's attorney wanted to clear up a gray area, he could have just given the hours Ron worked!

Back in the beginning, we heard that he worked 10-hour shifts from 4:30 to 3:00 a.m. Somebody supposedly called PDM and got that info.
I don't recall any talk about 6 hour shifts at all.

I have posted very little on this case, but followed it along with everyone else for months. Just by chance was here when we first started trying to sleuth it; when HaLeigh was first reported gone.

For months every time anyone tried to point a finger or even a nod towards RC they were shut down, first with his "alibi", a few days later with his reported passing the poly and always with his desire to be a daddy to Haleigh and RC Jr even taking CS to court for custody.

From day one Ron's behavior was "off", this was always explained away - grief over his baby girl being gone, possible drug use caused his emotions to "not fit" whatever... and now we are coming up on the 1st Anniversary of little: “HaLeigh is missing” and “HaLeigh is gone”.

I still believe what I saw and heard those first days, what I felt. Those two knew HaLeigh was gone, those two knew Haleigh was not coming home, those two knew what happened that night... I just wish someone would come forward with a truthful explanation of what went on that night and what happened to HaLeigh because of it.

Lcoast, I wish you would post more often. This is a wonderful post. I was one of the ones who after hearing the 911 call, my initial reaction was "They know what happened." The call was a dead giveaway that it was fake.
Thanks for the input.

The reason that they gave officially was job abandonment. Supposedly he hadn't contacted his employer to let them know how long he'd be away. Ron's lawyers had a different take about what happened and threatened to sue but nothing ever came of that, afaik, so it might have been just hot air. I suspect it was not the whole truth anyway because PDM felt it necessary to have LE there for security when Ron got fired. There was talk about threats he'd made.

Donjeta, thanks for pointing out the aftermath of Ron losing his job. I have been fired a number of times. I'm willing to bet everyone on this site have been let go from a job at one time or another, for whatever reason. However, how many of us found that security had been in place in our former place of employment? Is it me, or does that practice seem to be above and beyond the normal proceedure? The company must who let Ron go must have really believed they needed the added safety measure. What does this say about Ron?
jmo

No they have not. I asked today on Simon's show and TJ was a little under the weather because he kind of snapped. Said he could not make LE tell him Ron's work hours. Another caller called in after me and asked the same question and boy, TJ lost it....long story short. No answer for work hours, said he could not make PDM give him the shift hours.
I wonder if we were to call in the am and just ask PDM what their general works shift are, if they would give out that information.

I'm sorry you had that experience MAD but again, as we've seen over the past eleven + now, nobody seems to want to answer that question and that in itself tells me alot. It isn't like it's rocket science FGS. I'd like to know what the big deal is in the public knowing that information - the only conclusion that I can come to at this point is that there is a decrepancy between the hours that RC told LE and LE knows this but doesn't want RC to know that they know. If my child were missing and I had no part in it whatsoever, I'd have no problem stating publicly, for the record, what time I arrived at work that evening and what time I left - again I'm left to draw my own conclusion... JMHO~

Back in the beginning, we heard that he worked 10-hour shifts from 4:30 to 3:00 a.m. Somebody supposedly called PDM and got that info.
I don't recall any talk about 6 hour shifts at all.

I don't either TxLady. I remember 8 hrs and 10 hrs being discussed. Funny isn't it that in the beginning people were convinced that was his regular hours and that he was there the entire time. Now, we at least know that he was only scheduled until 12:00 am, but then decided that he would work over. And that was after the flurry of phone calls, (however many there were) in which Ron didn't reach Misty..yet, he still worked over..okie dokie..:rolleyes:..

Re: your post up-thread, you are absolutely right! LE has never said that Ron and Crystal were cleared, yet we keep seeing that pop up over and over. LE said that they weren't considered suspects. I had posted months ago that I had asked some LE friends about the language 'satisfied with' and 'not considered suspects'. Knowing nothing about the case of course, they just said it was very common terms for them to use since they were such broad terms it gave them the wiggle room that they needed sometimes during an investigation. Quite often in public they may state that someone is not a suspect while in private an arrest warrant was being written up..

AFAIK LE has NEVER stated that Ron's actual work hours so we really have no idea what they were..only that they were satisfied with what he had told them regarding his wk hours. It was reported (not confirmed) that he arrived late and not exactly...umm..in the best of shape. THAT may be true and if it is Ron may have told LE that he got to work late, therefore that would be an ex. of them being satisfied imo.

It has also been reported that the shift times as well as the time clocks have been changed @ PDM since last February. As now they have the time clocks that recognize fingerprints, but they did not have those when HaLeigh disappeared. It also was discussed the other day (can't remember which thread tho) that it doesn't appear that PDM has cameras to possibly know whether Ron would have been able to leave and come back unnoticed.

For some reason even back in the days of the rumor threads with locals, we could never get verification of Ron's real work hours that day. There has to be a reason for this info being so closely guarded. Just wish we knew what it was. :) If there was one single thing in this case that I would like to know (besides where HaLeigh is of course) it would be "The Real Work Hours".. <sigh>

We have been told there are two shifts at PDM. 7:00am to 3:30pm and 3:30pm to 12:00am. Sounds reasonable to me.

LE has stated there were two shifts but didn't give hours. LE secured two shifts for PDM after they fired RC in case there were problems.

Ron said the very next night to his pastor that he worked EIGHT hours, came home, and "didn't have a daughter no more"

I'm glad you posted this however long ago, now it's known RC's regular shift ended at 12am midnight. Given a 30 minute unpaid lunch break the above posted hours fit the math perfectly. Two shifts starting at 7am and ending at midnight = 8 1/2 hr. shifts counting the 30 minute lunch break. Many but not all companies do not pay for lunch breaks.

It's my belief RC didn't go in early, I believe after a year now his shift began at 3:30pm and ended at midnight.

Believing this the question becomes, who picked up Haleigh at the bus stop?

I know this is not the NG thread...but she has really made a hash of some of this re: RC as she has seemingly cleared him all by herself on national TV so may time, stating that RC was at work and therefore couldn't be involved, etc...so I think maybe some of that sunk into some viewers as a fact. She also had him saying at one point that he met Haleigh at bus when witnesses state that it was Misty. So she has not "helped" in this area at all-where are her super sleuths, couldn't they have managed to get copies of timecards way back then, it seems as though TV producers always are able to pay people to get copies of such documents?
In any event, I am convinced (IMO of course) that there is a discrepency about hrs. worked OR that for some reason the employer can't verify his movements for that night. But RC has not helped his own case-he has not gone out of his way to offer any sort of proof that he was at work all night and this is just plain weird, especially if he thinks that his word is enough for anyone...

I don't either TxLady. I remember 8 hrs and 10 hrs being discussed. Funny isn't it that in the beginning people were convinced that was his regular hours and that he was there the entire time. Now, we at least know that he was only scheduled until 12:00 am, but then decided that he would work over. And that was after the flurry of phone calls, (however many there were) in which Ron didn't reach Misty..yet, he still worked over..okie dokie..:rolleyes:..

Re: your post up-thread, you are absolutely right! LE has never said that Ron and Crystal were cleared, yet we keep seeing that pop up over and over. LE said that they weren't considered suspects. I had posted months ago that I had asked some LE friends about the language 'satisfied with' and 'not considered suspects'. Knowing nothing about the case of course, they just said it was very common terms for them to use since they were such broad terms it gave them the wiggle room that they needed sometimes during an investigation. Quite often in public they may state that someone is not a suspect while in private an arrest warrant was being written up..

AFAIK LE has NEVER stated that Ron's actual work hours so we really have no idea what they were..only that they were satisfied with what he had told them regarding his wk hours. It was reported (not confirmed) that he arrived late and not exactly...umm..in the best of shape. THAT may be true and if it is Ron may have told LE that he got to work late, therefore that would be an ex. of them being satisfied imo.

It has also been reported that the shift times as well as the time clocks have been changed @ PDM since last February. As now they have the time clocks that recognize fingerprints, but they did not have those when HaLeigh disappeared. It also was discussed the other day (can't remember which thread tho) that it doesn't appear that PDM has cameras to possibly know whether Ron would have been able to leave and come back unnoticed.

For some reason even back in the days of the rumor threads with locals, we could never get verification of Ron's real work hours that day. There has to be a reason for this info being so closely guarded. Just wish we knew what it was. :) If there was one single thing in this case that I would like to know (besides where HaLeigh is of course) it would be "The Real Work Hours".. <sigh>

Good post, and I agree with everything you've said.
My son is in LE, and I am very familiar with the terms they use and why they use them. Nowadays, you don't see anyone classified as a suspect until they've been arrested and charged, very often while they're getting a warrant signed by a judge, as you said. The very fact that they have not cleared him officially, and the details of his work hours are kept secret, tells me that what has been said by his attorney doesn't match what LE has found out. And it SURE doesn't match what we were all told in the early days. I still have every confidence in the world that LE will have this case wrapped up sooner or later, when that last little piece of the puzzle clicks into place.

I am sure that Ron, being Ron, devised a way to steal time from PDM. He probably had a way to sneak out during work hours, or else he exchanged favors with a co-worker (you punch in/out for me and I'll punch in/out for you). Ron simply couldn't go to work and do an honest day's work (although this is what he claimed in the "day after" video), just as he could not do an "honest" drug deal without stealing a pill (or 2) from the U/C. I always found it very strange that PDM did not contact Ron a few days before he was to return to work to confirm that he would. Instead, they just waited for him to show up and when he didn't they fired him. They obviously did not want him there any longer. I am sure that LE did a complete investigation at PDM to determine exactly where Ron was and what he was doing at every minute during the time he was supposed to be there and working. I think LE knows and PDM knows that he cannot be accounted for during his full shift. Ron thinks he outsmarted them and his "I was at werk" alibi was rock solid. Not so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot