Theories on what happened to Haleigh #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I go back and forth with her being dead or alive. Some days I think maybe a family member (not close) took her and is keeping her or she is dead by the hands of a stranger or there was an accident and she died. Nothing adds up in this case, including the lack of evidence to point to what could have transpired that night. If you go over what we do know, you can make a case for or against what you see. :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

This interests me, and is certainly a possibility. I wonder though-given what has been released and speculated regarding her parents and caregivers, I would think the relative would have a good case to have taken Haleigh for her own personal safety, so why not come clean? I wonder if they think it has gone too far....

What is the motivation to give someone multiple poly's? (maybe this should go on the question thread...)

What if someone knew that MH was out of the house, and grabbed Haleigh with the intention of scaring MH into not doing something like that again, but it went too far? What I mean is that once it started to snowball, they thought there was no going back and returning her...

The multiple polys could simply be as more information came in additional test were given. Example being when someone stated Misty was not home the night Haleigh went missing could be a reason to given her an additional poly.

What is the motivation to give someone multiple poly's? (maybe this should go on the question thread...)

What if someone knew that MH was out of the house, and grabbed Haleigh with the intention of scaring MH into not doing something like that again, but it went too far? What I mean is that once it started to snowball, they thought there was no going back and returning her...

Who is MH? Do you mean Misty? Sorry... the H threw me.

The multiple polys could simply be as more information came in additional test were given. Example being when someone stated Misty was not home the night Haleigh went missing could be a reason to given her an additional poly.

Uhhmmm..... could be, I guess. But that's not very likely in my opinion, since setting up polygraphs costs money, for both the polygrapher and for analyzing them. They could clear that question up just by re-questioning her.
Also, to justify giving another polygraph on that question, they would probably need a witness statement that she was out that night. LE has said no one has come forward with such a statement. It's not SOP to do multiple polygraphs on someone without some justification, IMO.
Besides that, if an interrogator is trained well enough and worth his/her salt, he/she doesn't need a polygraph to tell when someone is not being truthful or is holding something back. From where I sit, LE is still not convinced that Misty has told them everything she knows.

The issue with your theory, lil momma, is that MC was questioned during one of her polygraphs about whether she was home or not. She said she was and then reported to the media that she had passed, proving that she was telling the truth about her whereabouts. Sure, her word is not proof positive that she in fact told the truth during the polygraph and there are differing opinions on whether LE or the polygrapher would ever make such a statement to her. However, her smile and "I told you so" attitude of triumph tells me that she was told that she passed on this issue and in fact did.

Just an observation.

BBM :)

the only issue i have about the Poly's is MC was stating she passed when in fact they had to be sent to another state for examination. (i believe it was sent to the FBI crime lab, don't quote me on that though) I will not believe that she or RC passed the poly until i hear the words from law enforcement that all parties have passed. I would also not believe she past for the simple fact that no one in the immediate family has been cleared, and for that matter, no one in putnam county has been cleared except the ac guy, according to LE.

MC did have that "told you so" look and attitude, but to me, that made me more suspicious of her... IMO. the problem is that LE hasn't offered anything new to the public about anything.

HC just needs to be found.

Uhhmmm..... could be, I guess. But that's not very likely in my opinion, since setting up polygraphs costs money, for both the polygrapher and for analyzing them. They could clear that question up just by re-questioning her.
Also, to justify giving another polygraph on that question, they would probably need a witness statement that she was out that night. LE has said no one has come forward with such a statement. It's not SOP to do multiple polygraphs on someone without some justification, IMO.
Besides that, if an interrogator is trained well enough and worth his/her salt, he/she doesn't need a polygraph to tell when someone is not being truthful or is holding something back. From where I sit, LE is still not convinced that Misty has told them everything she knows.

ITA & Hence why she hasn't been cleared, or anyone else for that matter.

Hi Busy, yes your scenario could be possible in regards to why LE would re-administer a poly but, Gosh I can't for the life of me remember if it was JVM or NG that had the talking head on, but anyway they said that most common reasons for a new poly were the first was inconclusive, meaning if the person taking the poly was indeed on any form of medication that might slur the results. Not saying that was the case here, but IIRC the man said it was not uncommon to see numerous poly's. I thought that sounded crazy but this guy had pretty much convinced himself that numerous poly's were not a cause for alarm...

Actually, polygraphs are not lie detectors, the test is completely incapable of telling a lie from the truth; what it can do is measure basic physiological parameters that indicate STRESS.

If suspects are evidencing those responses (indicating stress) to any of the non-control questions which aren't supposed to illicit stress, (some control questions are supposed to raise stress in order to establish a comparison for possible reactions which indicate stress when asked the non-control questions) LE can use that information to distinguish who should be in their primary pool of suspects. Because of the nature of the tool there is usually no need to repeat polygraphs with every new question that comes us.

A principal in the case can assume they are in trouble, in terms of how LE is viewing them, if they are held over for an interrogation after taking a polygraph or if they are, indeed, asked to take more than one.

Let me up the ante... IF it's true that Misty was at the Tyler street address that night, is there anyway that someone in that house, intentionally or otherwise, alerted someone else, by telephone perhaps, that the MH, with two sleeping children, was without adult supervision?

It's entirely possible. Just my opinion, but I think whoever took the child knew RC was at work, MC wasn't there and those kids were alone. And it's possible that whoever else was there (wherever it was that MC was) could have slipped off and taken the child or inadvertently told someone else they were alone.

Hi Busy, yes your scenario could be possible in regards to why LE would re-administer a poly but, Gosh I can't for the life of me remember if it was JVM or NG that had the talking head on, but anyway they said that most common reasons for a new poly were the first was inconclusive, meaning if the person taking the poly was indeed on any form of medication that might slur the results. Not saying that was the case here, but IIRC the man said it was not uncommon to see numerous poly's. I thought that sounded crazy but this guy had pretty much convinced himself that numerous poly's were not a cause for alarm...

Not all TH's are correct in their opinions, though. And I have long suspected that some of them are paid to slant their opinions whichever way the media person suggests. Kind of like some so-called experts in court. Whichever side hires them, that is the way their testimony favors. It's done all the time.

Actually, there is no need to keep polygraphing someone just because new information comes up. That can be done without issuing a polygraph. Either Misty's first two came back inconclusive.. or there is an indication she is not telling the truth.

Not all TH's are correct in their opinions, though.
Actually, there is no need to keep polygraphing someone just because new information comes up. That can be done without issuing a polygraph. Either Misty's first two came back inconclusive.. or there is an indication she is not telling the truth.

Snipped.

Or, they want to cover more than 3 questions with her. Polygraphs can only cover 3 questions per exam, all related to the same topic.

Snipped.

Or, they want to cover more than 3 questions with her. Polygraphs can only cover 3 questions per exam, all related to the same topic.

That's not important, please read above!

Snipped.

In that case, everybody would have to take at least a dozen.
Misty was the last known person to see Haleigh. Those 3 questions would have covered the entire case.
1. Do you know what happened to Haleigh?
2. Were you responsible for Haleigh's disappearance?
3. Did you harm Haleigh in any way?
I don't see the need for any other questions... do you?

the only issue i have about the Poly's is MC was stating she passed when in fact they had to be sent to another state for examination. (i believe it was sent to the FBI crime lab, don't quote me on that though) I will not believe that she or RC passed the poly until i hear the words from law enforcement that all parties have passed. I would also not believe she past for the simple fact that no one in the immediate family has been cleared, and for that matter, no one in putnam county has been cleared except the ac guy, according to LE.

MC did have that "told you so" look and attitude, but to me, that made me more suspicious of her... IMO. the problem is that LE hasn't offered anything new to the public about anything.

HC just needs to be found.

The examiner that took the poly would know the results immediately. That person does not need the FBI to interpret the chart for him/her. I dare say that every LE involved knew immediately what the examiner had to say. And, I bet MC passed on the issue of being home that night and she was told so by someone "unofficially" or even "officially" and was asked to it quiet.

Then she went right out and blabbed. Those darn kids! Did you see the look RC gave her? He was thinking "now what did they just tell you NOT to do a few days ago?"

She felt vindicated. I think she was home, just like she said. Sleeping.

They can't clear anyone when they don't know even know what crime was committed.

Misty was the last known person to see Haleigh. Those 3 questions would have covered the entire case.

We do not know exactly what LE knows, therefore, it is impossible to answer that question, isn't it.

4. Did you leave the home that night?
5. Did you pick Haleigh up from the bus stop ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Callie679