Theories on what happened to Haleigh

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know the g-gma says she saw them eating on the front porch around 7 p.m., but I wonder if she could be mistaken on the time. The mean temperate on February 9 for Satsuma according to wunderground.com was 52 degrees with a max temp of 64 and a low of 41. Sunset was at 6:09. Although there was a full moon that night, it would seem they would have been out there after dark in very cool temperatures to eat dinner. February evenings in FL aren't picnic weather.

Thanks Aperture, that's really useful to know it grew dark shortly after 6pm since early on I'd considered possibility Haleigh might have wandered off after playing and while still daylight, then fallen prey. If gg can be believed tho (re sighting at 7pm) this could not be. I have a number of theories, am not committed specifically to one, praying they are all proven wrong... all equally horrific, and heartbreaking. JMO

:parrot:

I agree she is probably in the river or a canal. Rivers have currents that carry items and bodies for miles and then they are discovered when they get caught up in the tree roots. I feel like that is where she will be found.

Bern, Your sketch on your profile page of where you feel Haleigh will be located is haunting. You are quite the artist, lady!:woohoo:

And we do not know that LE is not all over it.

I have not heard that LE verified that Ron passed his poly. Do you have a link for that info? We only have Ron's word for it and I do not believe anything Ron says, so in my mind, it bears no weight.
We have no proof that LE is not interested in Ron. There is a reason Misty keeps being questioned. I think it has to do with Ron.
Until LE tells us in no uncertain terms that Ron is eliminated or Misty is eliminated, they are not in the clear.

Not a problem. When I began this thread, I was interested in hearing everyone's different theories. I have several, and this one was based upon LE's report that father has been thus far cooperative, that his story re being at work checked out, that Haleigh was sighted at 7pm (albeit by relative), and the intensity w which numerous LE agencies have continued to focus on several SO's. You are wise to question family's accounts. Sadly we have all seen cases where they will cover for one another--even when a child's life is at stake :( It is only a theory but w/out knowing everything LE knows, that is all we can do. And there is plenty of room for everyone's ideas here. :) JMO

In the 911 call Misty states HER DAUGHTER IS MISSING! wonder if she called her mommy? the operator assumed she was mom and wife. WHY WOULD SHE NOT SAY MY boyfriends daughter or my step daughter if she wanted to push the title? misty seems cocky and arrogant--she is in over her head already , I feel she knows it.

yesterday I was discussing this case with someone who feels it is copycat to get money . In a way I hope so because that could mean someone drops her off at a place and she is returned . Of course if this was the case-I would not want her returned to a unsafe enviorement as the family seems to portray.

I was with two 6 year olds yesterday who are twins-one dark hair one light brown. one resembles haleigh -long curly hair -- . we were eating in a fast food place. two policeman were eating too. the dark hair twin waves at police man/ He waves back as we are both eating. girls giggle. when ready to leave the police men were leaving too. they start conversation with girls. i also had two other gilrls with me . one 12 and one 13. I thought to myself -- the one twin resembles haleigh somewhat. I felt they took time to be friendly to twin to check out her looks up close. they asked friendly questions-- when did you loose your front teeth? I felt they took time to look close. now maybe because I write on message boards I imagined they wanted to look closer. once up close she would not look like haleigh but from afar she would . the hair , size , the look. I am fl resident so i felt maybe they are looking at all kids with curly long hair and that size. that is good~~ If only no kids were ever missing- my grown up xmas wish as the song said.

The dad seems sincere-- yet something is off I fear with the case.

In the 911 call Misty states HER DAUGHTER IS MISSSING! wonder if she called her mommy? the operator assumed she was mom and wife. WHY WOULD SHE NOT SAY MY boyfriends daughter or my step daughter if she wanted to push the title? misty seems cocky and arrogant--she is in over her head already , I feel she knows it.

yesterday I was discussing this case with someone who feels it is copycat to get money . In a way I hope so because that could mean someone drops her off at a place and she is returned . Of course if this was the case-I would not want her returned to a unsafe enviorement as the family seems to portray...

The dad seems sincere-- yet something is off I fear with the case.

(respectfully snipped) Yes 16 weeks is a pretty short time to appoint one's self adopted mom. And while as I stated earlier there are some instances in which I can see doing this casually or informally, when making an official report to police accurate info, every piece, is critical. Takes a lot of nerve. As for copycat moneymaking scheme, I still have trouble getting past the longterm plan, ie how could a five year-old child be prevented from talking about where she had been, who she was w etc? Especially w so much family on all sides. Regardless of who is responsible, it doesn't appear a healthy or safe environment for Junior either. It was hard for me to believe LE allowed him to stay w dad!! JMO

It's obvious the police are not comfortable with Misty's recollection of the night Haleigh went missing, because they keep calling her in for questioning.
If I have to guess I'll say Misty is some how involved, or at least was gone from the house partying and some SO was watching then made his move when he noticed Misty leave.

(respectfully snipped) Yes 16 weeks is a pretty short time to appoint one's self adopted mom. And while as I stated earlier there are some instances in which I can see doing this casually or informally, when making an official report to police accurate info, every piece, is critical. Takes a lot of nerve. As for copycat moneymaking scheme, I still have trouble getting past the longterm plan, ie how could a five year-old child be prevented from talking about where she had been, who she was w etc? Especially w so much family on all sides. Regardless of who is responsible, it doesn't appear a healthy or safe environment for Junior either. It was hard for me to believe LE allowed him to stay w dad!! JMO

The only way I can consider that Haleigh could be taken or returned safe was if she knew the person who took her and was told __ we are going to visit mommy, disney world, any place that would be fun. she would go and not even know she was taken for any reason other than what she hoped was going to be fun. in the mean time -- rewards, donations, tv interviews would begin. if she was returned . dropped off someplace she would talk of course-but by then the offers to help family make a better life would be pouring in. money gifts, book offers tv shows- many gifts for the child. the person who may have known her and took her could be so crazy they would think they can get into the money train and somehow not get in trouble from the child talking. yet, it does not make any logic to think the child would not talk unles the child does not know the person name or who it is. crazy but who knows how crazy someone thinks?? then the child thinks its just a fun outing with someone who tells her her mom is wanting her. I Place no blame on real mom thru this idea that as i type sounds nutty-lol. the other alternative is someone took her for bad reasons and the outcome will be sad. no good ending in site - as of now.

no way it not crazy that she would not talk-so I guess its not good. only thing is in end someone will be getting money . tv offers, donations dead or alive-- tears to think she may be not coming home . If the one took her and planned no harm to her-when will they let her be able to come home safe? how ??

The only way I can consider that Haleigh could be taken or returned safe was if she knew the person who took her and was told __ we are going to visit mommy, disney world, any place that would be fun. she would go and not even know she was taken for any reason other than what she hoped was going to be fun. in the mean time -- rewards, donations, tv interviews would begin. if she was returned . dropped off someplace she would talk of course-but by then the offers to help family make a better life would be pouring in. money gifts, book offers tv shows- many gifts for the child. the person who may have known her and took her could be so crazy they would think they can get into the money train and somehow not get in trouble from the child talking. yet, it does not make any logic to think the child would not talk unles the child does not know the person name or who it is. crazy but who knows how crazy someone thinks?? then the child thinks its just a fun outing with someone who tells her her mom is wanting her. I Place no blame on real mom thru this idea that as i type sounds nutty-lol. the other alternative is someone took her for bad reasons and the outcome will be sad. no good ending in site - as of now.

no way it not crazy that she would not talk-so I guess its not good. only thing is in end someone will be getting money . tv offers, donations dead or alive-- tears to think she may be not coming home . If the one took her and planned no harm to her-when will they let her be able to come home safe? how ??

In the world of possibilities, this is by far the most comforting one. Praying for little Haleigh, and for her baby brother. So much grown-up drama, fear and confusion--poor little guy. His whole chaotic world turned upside down. :( JMO

any word on any pressers today?

I was watching Sam Kouvaris' Athlete of the Week on WJXT this a.m. He said something about a sporting event that would be pre-empted today by a press conference about Haleigh at 3 p.m. He recorded that at about 11 p.m. last night, I'm sure.

This is in reply to a post by KIKI THE PARROT. (For some reason I am not being allowed to reply to a quote.-- I'll figure it out later!)

I am a stepmother to a 12-year old. She came to live with my husband and I when she was 6 1/2 years old (my husband and I were living common-law at the time and not officially married). I was always very careful to refer to her as my stepdaughter and if someone referred to me as her mother, she would either correct them or say something to me about it at a later time.

Maybe it's Misty's youth-- she does not yet understand about keeping those bounderies. Or maybe Haleigh and her brother did call her "mommie" because they wanted so much to have a mother around or wanted to be like the other kids around them. Or maybe Ron used to refer to Misty as their "mother" to flatter her -- such as "you're more a mother to them than their real mother." Or maybe Misty was into pretending she is their mother. But it does seem puzzling that she did not tell the truth to the 911 operator.

This is in reply to a post by KIKI THE PARROT. (For some reason I am not being allowed to reply to a quote.-- I'll figure it out later!)

I am a stepmother to a 12-year old. She came to live with my husband and I when she was 6 1/2 years old (my husband and I were living common-law at the time and not officially married). I was always very careful to refer to her as my stepdaughter and if someone referred to me as her mother, she would either correct them or say something to me about it at a later time.

Maybe it's Misty's youth-- she does not yet understand about keeping those bounderies. Or maybe Haleigh and her brother did call her "mommie" because they wanted so much to have a mother around or wanted to be like the other kids around them. Or maybe Ron used to refer to Misty as their "mother" to flatter her -- such as "you're more a mother to them than their real mother." Or maybe Misty was into pretending she is their mother. But it does seem puzzling that she did not tell the truth to the 911 operator.

I thought it was weird that she did not correct the operator that she and Ron are not married, that Haleigh is not her biological child. That seems to be pretty important info to state up-front IMO. As far as we know, they are not married (that is a crazy thought!) She continues with the "husband" and "wife" titles throughout the call and acts as though Haleigh is her child. Very odd.

I thought it was weird that she did not correct the operator that she and Ron are not married, that Haleigh is not her biological child. That seems to be pretty important info to state up-front IMO. As far as we know, they are not married (that is a crazy thought!) She continues with the "husband" and "wife" titles throughout the call and acts as though Haleigh is her child. Very odd.

read misty dated him about five half months. from mich lived in daytona.said she was with kids 24/7 so she considered herself mom. wow, she took over the title mom fast!!

Do we know any of this speculation to be fact?:

1. Misty has a cousin from TN who came down to visit.
2. Misty (and maybe Ron) saw said cousin on this visit.
3. Misty stays at home almost all day with Ron's kids (when they are not at school) and she does not have a job of her own.
4. Misty is 17 years old, not married to Ron, and not the mother of either of these children.
5. Misty has some kind of sexual history (perhaps unwanted) with said cousin from TN.
6. Misty may have family in the area (perhaps where said cousin stayed while visiting).
7. Rumors of Misty going on a bender/missing/hi-tail (whatever you want to call it) for 3 days before Haleigh went missing.
8. Alleged argument between Ronald and said cousin over a gun belonging to Ronald.

WHAT IF (i.e., speculation):

Misty, a 17 year old child, is watching Ronald's kids for him all the time. Perhaps she is tired of constantly minding children and when she hears her cousin is coming to town they all plan to hang out. Perhaps, for whatever reason, when Ron meets the cousin they do not like each other. Perhaps Ron tells Misty not to see the cousin anymore and perhaps Misty goes off on a 3 day hang with the cuz.

If there was an argument over Ronald's gun the day before Haleigh's disappearance then I would assume Ronald knew the cousin was in the trailer (or wherever Ron keeps his gun) and that Ronald thought the cousin stole the gun. Now, I don't know if the cousin got his @ss whupped and came back to the trailer later for revenge or what...

If Misty did not like the cousin at all then it would have been easy enough for her to avoid him when he came to town, right? I think we can safely assume Misty was on some sort of friendly relations with the cousin.

So, maybe after the day of the fight Misty knew Ron was not going to let her hang out with the cuz any more. Maybe she waited until Ron went off to work and then she either let him inside the trailer or maybe she thought she put the kids to bed and left.

Past this, I have no clue what happened.

The real implications of this call for me re theory are related to the fact dad has gf make the call in the first place. But I had to allow it might be due to dad's state of mind (enraged) thus clearly having hard time providing info calmly; or blaming gf therefore insisting gf be one to report; and/or tho she lacked even some of the basic vital info he may have anticipated since gf was the one home (theoretically) that nite, she would be better prepared to answer other questions re circumstances leading up to Haleigh's disappearance. So not sure this is red flag I initially thought it was. JMO

I thought she was just short cutting , maybe feeling that saying "daughter" was quicker than explaining the relationships to the 911 operator. After that it was the operator who uses the term "husband" , and Misty doesn't correct her, but that would have just slowed things down. Also maybe it's wishful thinking, she is thinking of herself as being "like a mother to them"..... she said in an interview they think of her as a mother.

I don't think they are married but why would that be such a crazy thought (if his divorce is final & her family approves)? She is already living with him, is it worse to be legally married??

I don't think they are married but why would that be such a crazy thought (if his divorce is final & her family approves)? She is already living with him, is it worse to be legally married??

No, I was just saying it would be crazy if they were married and no one knew it. If they were involved, I was thinking along the lines of spousal privilege in court.

Do we know any of this speculation to be fact?:

1. Misty has a cousin from TN who came down to visit.
2. Misty (and maybe Ron) saw said cousin on this visit.
3. Misty stays at home almost all day with Ron's kids (when they are not at school) and she does not have a job of her own.
4. Misty is 17 years old, not married to Ron, and not the mother of either of these children.
5. Misty has some kind of sexual history (perhaps unwanted) with said cousin from TN.
6. Misty may have family in the area (perhaps where said cousin stayed while visiting).
7. Rumors of Misty going on a bender/missing/hi-tail (whatever you want to call it) for 3 days before Haleigh went missing.
8. Alleged argument between Ronald and said cousin over a gun belonging to Ronald.

WHAT IF (i.e., speculation):

Misty, a 17 year old child, is watching Ronald's kids for him all the time. Perhaps she is tired of constantly minding children and when she hears her cousin is coming to town they all plan to hang out. Perhaps, for whatever reason, when Ron meets the cousin they do not like each other. Perhaps Ron tells Misty not to see the cousin anymore and perhaps Misty goes off on a 3 day hang with the cuz.

If there was an argument over Ronald's gun the day before Haleigh's disappearance then I would assume Ronald knew the cousin was in the trailer (or wherever Ron keeps his gun) and that Ronald thought the cousin stole the gun. Now, I don't know if the cousin got his @ss whupped and came back to the trailer later for revenge or what...

If Misty did not like the cousin at all then it would have been easy enough for her to avoid him when he came to town, right? I think we can safely assume Misty was on some sort of friendly relations with the cousin.

So, maybe after the day of the fight Misty knew Ron was not going to let her hang out with the cuz any more. Maybe she waited until Ron went off to work and then she either let him inside the trailer or maybe she thought she put the kids to bed and left.
Past this, I have no clue what happened.

If we believe reports re an argument between cousin and dad, this reportedly occurred two weeks prior to Haleigh's disappearing. We now learn cousin is reportedly back in the area again that Monday, w/in hours of the time period in which Haleigh was reported missing. Agree w bolded. This is very close to what I theorized (in Post #150). Personally I have not seen verified anywhere #7 (can not subtantiate the three-day binge altho not hard for me to believe) and we've heard conflicting statements re #8 (dad insists there was no argument yet even his mom is saying there was). LE already found gun in a ditch so what I can't figure out is, if there was so much "bad blood" between dad and gf's cousin, why would dad not admit this, wouldn't he want to implicate cousin--ie let LE know it could be retaliation by gf's cousin? That doesn't make sense, unless there is something else he doesn't want investigated. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member