Theories on what may have happened to Benjaman Kyle

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome vtgirl
Yes there are many hotels,rentals in area. The problem is almost all of these I would think, were taken by the employees that were doing a large job at Plant McIntosh, Rincon, Ga., approx 30 miles from where BEN was found. There was an estimate of 600-700 people on a daily basis, there from 2003-2005. I would think the housing was booked pretty solid during this time. The thought has occurred that maybe he was employed by one of the contractors at the plant, this I will be working on tomorrow. This could as you talked about the uniform, be one of the reasons he was left naked.

Just had a thought today, don't know if this has been explored yet---how do we know that BK was not alone while traveling? Are there any other Jane or John Doe's that were found in the area during the time that BK was found? That might be why noone is looking for him? I will see what I can find out...

Also, Has this been looked at before? This guy has the same facial structure as BK-it could be his father or uncle??:
http://www.odmp.org/officer/12385-patrolman-benjamin-kyle-smith

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wasmannia_auropunctata
Information on fire ants. They are found in many places, not just Georgia.

From what I have tried to figure out, BK would have had to be unconscious for quite awhile to have so many ant bites by 6 a.m., Aug. 31, 2004.

We have fire ants here in FL and they are horrible. But they also swarm at times. I'm thinking there may have been a colony near the dumpster since there is a convenient food source. (But they would probably spray for bugs around dumpsters, just for that reason, huh?) But you can have many bites in a very short time. I remember once when my son was very little and we were walking along the side of the road in GA and he stepped in an ant hill that we didnt see. His poor little body was covered by ants in a matter of seconds. I had to strip his clothes off, there on the side of the road to get those little buggers off of him.

ETA - that just got me to thinking. Perhaps the person who assaulted him, took his clothes off intentionally, so that more ants could get to him? Of course, clothes don't really make that much difference to the ants anyway, they just crawl under your clothes, but its a thought.

The fire ant bites make me also think that BK may have been hiking or camping nearby. My nephew hiked the Appalachian trail through Georgia and would often hike into towns near trail heads to eat at fast food joints or stock up on supplies. They would leave their huge packs of hiking gear hidden near a trail head. There are registries all along the trail and even a website for the Appalachian trail. I will do some research to see if there are any major hiking trails in the area. August 31, 2004 was very close to labor day and many people take long vacations at that time to go camping or hiking.
----------------------------------------------------------------
Good thinking, vtgirl! That is what we need, some more ideas on what may have happened.
Keep us posted.

Just had a thought today, don't know if this has been explored yet---how do we know that BK was not alone while traveling? Are there any other Jane or John Doe's that were found in the area during the time that BK was found? That might be why noone is looking for him? I will see what I can find out...

Also, Has this been looked at before? This guy has the same facial structure as BK-it could be his father or uncle??:
http://www.odmp.org/officer/12385-patrolman-benjamin-kyle-smith
--------------------------------------------------------------
another link to Patrolman Benjamin Kyle Smith:
stationed in Conroe, Tx., killed 6/23/58.

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/memorial/BKSmith.htm
He certainly has a look of BK.
And IMO, as I always look at the ears when checking similarities out,
his ears do line up the way BK's do.

and julessluether: Great find. I know many of us have been all over the internet doing searches. You found a new person to check out.

I have got calls in to WG Yates and BE&K, waiting on call backs from HR departments. Keep you updated.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Let us know what you find out!

Welcome vtgirl
Yes there are many hotels,rentals in area. The problem is almost all of these I would think, were taken by the employees that were doing a large job at Plant McIntosh, Rincon, Ga., approx 30 miles from where BEN was found. There was an estimate of 600-700 people on a daily basis, there from 2003-2005. I would think the housing was booked pretty solid during this time. The thought has occurred that maybe he was employed by one of the contractors at the plant, this I will be working on tomorrow. This could as you talked about the uniform, be one of the reasons he was left naked.
---------------------------------------------------------------
I do not know if anyone has actually contacted the hotels and rentals in the area or not. I did read the BK said he had checked out the hotels in that area, to see if there were any leads.
But one thing that was brought up before and I do not know that it was checked out, is about campsites. If BK was working there, maybe he had his own camper, at an RV park. I know that the person who posted this said there were RV parks nearby.

has anyone given any thought about the federal witness protection program? How are witnesses assigned new social security numbers? Sometimes, no one is looking for them because all of their family and friends think that they have died. Just a thought that I had last night.

Hi everyone,
I've been lurking for a while and have been doing lots of reading from all sources about BK. I'm wondering if anyone has considered the following?
I know when BK was found he was assumed to be homeless and then that theory was abandoned. I have worked in homeless shelters before and homeless people cannot be catergorised into neat groups. Some appear dishevelled while others are well groomed and are often unnoticed within the general population. I have known some clients in shelters to have professional backgrounds and degrees and many who have had long work histories before mental illness or family breakdown has impacted their life. The reason I suggest this is that I wonder if BK had actually been living an intinerant life for a significant period before he was found, already impacted by loss of memory and just not making himself known to authorities? Having an intinerant life would mean that once he moved on from a shelter he would not be missed.
Has anyone made inquiries to shelters across the country? Perhaps it's worth considering that BK's discovery when he was beaten was not the beginning of his memory loss and he has been functioning like this for a significant period of time.
Your thoughts on this line of thinking??

has anyone given any thought about the federal witness protection program? How are witnesses assigned new social security numbers? Sometimes, no one is looking for them because all of their family and friends think that they have died. Just a thought that I had last night.

Forgive me for not having the source but I read somewhere (?) that the FBI checked already to make sure he wasn't a witness in their protection. Believe or Christine please correct me if I am wrong.

Hi everyone,
I've been lurking for a while and have been doing lots of reading from all sources about BK. I'm wondering if anyone has considered the following?
I know when BK was found he was assumed to be homeless and then that theory was abandoned. I have worked in homeless shelters before and homeless people cannot be catergorised into neat groups. Some appear dishevelled while others are well groomed and are often unnoticed within the general population. I have known some clients in shelters to have professional backgrounds and degrees and many who have had long work histories before mental illness or family breakdown has impacted their life. The reason I suggest this is that I wonder if BK had actually been living an intinerant life for a significant period before he was found, already impacted by loss of memory and just not making himself known to authorities? Having an intinerant life would mean that once he moved on from a shelter he would not be missed.
Has anyone made inquiries to shelters across the country? Perhaps it's worth considering that BK's discovery when he was beaten was not the beginning of his memory loss and he has been functioning like this for a significant period of time.
Your thoughts on this line of thinking??

I completely agree that this is a very real possibility. I posted several months back that it couldn't be ruled out for this exact reason! (Great minds think alike, huh? ha ha ha!) :blowkiss:

However, IIRC Mr. Kyle feels very strongly (as well as the people around him) that he was not homeless prior to the attack.

I agree with Miss Teach that BK may have been homeless, prior to his attack. I noticed on a map of the area that a railroad passes through or very close to Richmond Hill. Our home is very close to a railroad track and we have homeless people walking the tracks on a daily basis. The rails and the railcars are used as a way to get from town to town without attracting low enforcement's attention. Does anyone know how close the Burger King was to the railroad tracks?

Today, I was reading the thread of BK's memories from the Denver area. His memories of restaurants in the area makes me think of someone who travels for business and eats out frequently. That would explain why the memories do not have family and friends in them. Life on the road can be very lonely when someone isn't working. The Denver airport was opened in 1995 and would have been worked on for many years prior to its opening. Maybe BK worked there during the construction. There are also theories about his being involved in the construction of a plant in Georgia prior to his attack. Does anyone know how we could get a list of employees or companies that worked on these two projects and cross reference them?

I agree with Miss Teach that BK may have been homeless, prior to his attack. I noticed on a map of the area that a railroad passes through or very close to Richmond Hill. Our home is very close to a railroad track and we have homeless people walking the tracks on a daily basis. The rails and the railcars are used as a way to get from town to town without attracting low enforcement's attention. Does anyone know how close the Burger King was to the railroad tracks?

Hello, VTGirl! Someone posted on this thread on October 28th of this year with the following:

"Railroad tracks run right behind Burger King. (no more than 100 ft. away probably.) CSX freight trains share this track with Amtrak. There are a few sidings (holding areas for trains) near Richmond Hill. As far-fetched as this sounds, he could have been an Amtrak passenger that was assaulted then thrown from the train while it was in a siding. He could have then stumbled to Burger King where he collapsed behind the dumpster."

Thought that might help you!

Hello, VTGirl! Someone posted on this thread on October 28th of this year with the following:

"Railroad tracks run right behind Burger King. (no more than 100 ft. away probably.) CSX freight trains share this track with Amtrak. There are a few sidings (holding areas for trains) near Richmond Hill. As far-fetched as this sounds, he could have been an Amtrak passenger that was assaulted then thrown from the train while it was in a siding. He could have then stumbled to Burger King where he collapsed behind the dumpster."

Thought that might help you!

I just emailed a friend of a friend who is the Crown Princess of Hobos and ask her if she would take a look at the photos, possibly make copies and pass them around. I'll post any responses I get.

Rozey, Thanks so much for doing that! It would be great if flyers could be put up at all of the Amtrack stations. I wonder if Amtrak would be willing to do this.

Rozey, Thanks so much for doing that! It would be great if flyers could be put up at all of the Amtrack stations. I wonder if Amtrak would be willing to do this.

I've heard back from the Great Grand Hobo Duke of Cyber Space and he will be posting the information about BK on their Hobo Grapevine.
I also emailed 3 others from the Hobo Society but haven't heard back from them.

Welcome rozey! You are wonderful for sending out the information you have! :clap:

I wonder if BK could have worked for the railroad? IIRC, there was a lot of change in the rail industry back in the 80's- in one resturant I worked in, a lot of railroad employees from other states came in and worked as our local railroad made a lot of changes and perhaps were aquired by another company. Anyway, we were in MI and guys were coming in for work from Tenn and Georgia. Does anyone have any railroad background that may know if these changes were nationwide or if it was just some areas affected by changes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aqfina2000