Theories on what may have happened to Benjaman Kyle

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, I read somewhere that this is maybe not so sure, and amnesia may even include sexual identity -I find that extremely astonishing - But he must know now, right?

http://lchc.ucsd.edu/MCA/Mail/xmcamail.2000_08.dir/0153.html

Phew, I can sleep assured my whole belief system is not turned upside down and despite amnesia taking away all of our memories and our "identity" as defined by the paperwork it does not take away who we are and our true identity, even if we are sadly left unable to match that with our past personal experiences

The Gay theory was talked about on the WS boards as a possibility, which is what led me to think maybe he is and maybe he isn't. He may know if he is and his preferences may lead him in that direction, but unless he says so for sure we may never know.
One thing though, 20 years ago Gay Men were not as accepted as they are today. It was around that time when men were murdered for openingly living as a gay man. If BK lost his memories for the past 20 years he may not trust that he can reveal such a huge secret since there are still prejudices (as there are for all types of things, such as too skinny, too fat, too tall, too short, skin color, etc.) which can cost you your life (closed minded people).
My brother is gay and he's told me stories about being spit on, hosed down with a water hose, having garbage thrown at him, people shouting obsentities at him, etc. It paralyzed him with fear at times. Twenty years ago was much worse than today. Just think if BK is stuck in that time with those thoughts.

As for delcaring him legally dead, the person asked if they had to have proof that he was searched for, the answer is yes. They have to give sufficent evdience that they ran a legal notice of a missing person; they made extended search efforts for him; that he has not used any credit cards or banking accounts; he has not applied for a lost birth certificate or DL; that he has not contacted any family, friends, co-workers, bosses, etc.; they have to give statements saying where they last saw him and why they think he disappeared (whether his own accord or forceed to leave) and many other things they have to present. It's a long process but there are reasons for it. Once the court declares him legally dead and a death certificate is issued the insurance company will have to pay up, provided his insurance was paid up at the time of his disappearance.

For the motorcycle riding question, can he drive one? I'm not sure, I've just done a lot of research on motorcycle gangs and I've even owned a motorcycle and did prison ministry from it through a Christian Motorcycle Club. It's goes back to the saying that 99% of all motorcycle riders are good people. After that public statement outlaw clubs began calling themselves 1% riders. It's those clubs whose actions closely resemble those in BK's case. The being found naked and having been beaten so severly. For instance, if a 1% club is riding on the south bound lane on the left side and you pass them on the right side of that same south bound highway, they will consider that disrespectful, which leads to violence.

'snipped respectfully'
The Gay theory was talked about on the WS boards as a possibility, which is what led me to think maybe he is and maybe he isn't. He may know if he is and his preferences may lead him in that direction, but unless he says so for sure we may never know.
One thing though, 20 years ago Gay Men were not as accepted as they are today. It was around that time when men were murdered for openingly living as a gay man. If BK lost his memories for the past 20 years he may not trust that he can reveal such a huge secret since there are still prejudices (as there are for all types of things, such as too skinny, too fat, too tall, too short, skin color, etc.) which can cost you your life (closed minded people).
My brother is gay and he's told me stories about being spit on, hosed down with a water hose, having garbage thrown at him, people shouting obsentities at him, etc. It paralyzed him with fear at times. Twenty years ago was much worse than today. Just think if BK is stuck in that time with those thoughts.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
My son is gay also. Even now, even in an enlightened part of the country, there are those who hate others.
At BK's age, if he is gay, he probably learned to hide it. He either did not have a partner and just sought company at times OR if he had one, then
there could have been a breakup or death. A traumatic event.
And in Georgia, I looked online and there appears to be a large openly gay community in Savannah and Tybee island.
Of course, we do not know if he is or is not and it is not our business.
I guess we speculate because we think it could lead to his identity.
But we probably will not ever know.
-- Back to finding how to get him a ssn------

He said if he declarded himself an illegal alien he could get a SS card. However, what happens to all the Socical Security taxes he's paid in all these years? If he ever gets a job and then retires his monthly pay would only be a small fraction of what he's made since he began working with the new SS#.

For instance, if he's been paying into SS for 35 years and has paid average SS taxes then he might get $1000 a month after he's reached retirment age. But if he works for another 15 years before he retires and only has his information from the new SS card he may only get $250 (guessing) per month.

I would like to know if any similar situation has even been presented to the SS Administration in Washington and if so what the outcome was.

Is there a list by state of people who have been declared legally dead? Or a central clearing house of some sort? I'm trying to think "backwards" and see if BK is listed somewhere.

BK; Has anyone heard anything new recently? believe09??? What is the latest?

This is not a theory just need to get this posted and out of my head!

BK's parents probably in their 80's and may/may not be alive
**I agree.

BK probably has no siblings or if BK does, they might be estranged.
**I would agree, otherwise, where do they think he is?

BK may have children and are estranged or never had children.
** I agree.

BK may have a girlfriend or wife or never had either.
** Or divorced.

BK may not even be from the USA; maybe Canada.
** I think he is from the USA. But why doesn't someone
know him?

BK may have had an apartment; eventually the owner would have filed for eviction.
** Yes, an apartment manager would filed in court for eviction. Maybe check CO state first.? Court records?

BK may have had a home; eventually the bank would have foreclosed on the house.
** Yes. Check on court records. Foreclosure after 3 or 6 months? Check CO first?

BK had neighbors either living in an apartment or home next to BK.
** Hmm. What do his neighbors think when he was missing? Maybe he planned a trip? Maybe he was just retired?

BK must of worked, either for someone or had his own business. Either way, BK not showing up at his job or business would have set off a red flag either with his employess or his supervisor.
** Yes. He just is not showing up on any radar. I have heard of cases where police did not take that much interest in a missing person, especially if they had no family or friend to follow up. But, again, maybe he retired. ?

BK may have had credit cards and accounts are now in default.
** I like this one. Where can we find delinquent accounts from 2004?
Or he retired and paid of his accounts? Or came into an inheritance, paid off bills and decided to travel the US?

BK may have had a phone which is now turned off.
** We need someone who can checkd all this records. The FBI agent, BIll Kilcollins?

BK had mail delivery; post office would have noticed excessive mail piling up.
** Yes. Again, we need someone to check. Or he left the area after retirement and no one thinks of him as missing.

BK didn't file his 2004 taxes and perhaps IRS has flagged him and sending out notices for not paying his taxes.
** This is a good one. Even if he retired or sold a business, he would still need to file 2004 taxes. FBI agent, Bill Kilcollins?

BK is too young at the time he went missing for Socail Security but he could have been on Social Security Disability. Checks could have been mailed to him or direct deposit.
** Could have. But he checked out completely healthy.

BK could have owned a car and it is still out there somewhere. Unless he couldn't drive due to his eye-sight.
** Car repossessed? From GA? Check towing companies in GA? Has this been done?

BK could have flown to Atlanta late August 2004 with a return ticket back to his destination and the ticket was never used.
** How do we find out if a ticket was never used? Does an airline keep track? If so, for how long? FBI Bill Killcollins?

BK could have rented a car, and the rent-a-car is now stolen.
** Towing companies record check? FBI Bill?

BK's concern about his SS card indicates to me he had high "working ethics".
** I agree. He wants to work.

BK could have walked away from everything years ago, leaving no trail of employment, home, etc.
** Well, yes. But he would have been reported missing then?

If BK had seen a traumatic event or was involved in a traumatic event with regards to his family, LE would be looking for BK.
** If so, would we look for newspaper articles about a missing witness?
** Who keeps track of the missing during hurricanes?

BK needs to get on the Today Show, Good Morning America, Early Show and Oprah.
** ABSOLUTELY. Or Dateline.

Dream, those are wonderful theories, that's why I posted about the businessman. I couldn't find anymore, but it was late, so gave up, but I wanted to get it out there. When you read the article, it is rather vague.

Dream, those are wonderful theories, that's why I posted about the businessman. I couldn't find anymore, but it was late, so gave up, but I wanted to get it out there. When you read the article, it is rather vague.

----------------------
To give credit where credit is due: Patty G came up with the theories, I just responded to them.
But it is a continual amazement to me, that NO ONE knows BK. No one.
Not family or a friend or a co worker or a neighbor.
Will keep searching.

Questions:
Has BK had his dental work done? If so, was the dentist able to answer some of questions posted earlier in this thread?

Has BK had time to go over list of clues culled from Dr Phil forum? If so, anything stand out to him?

What happened with CO. law enforcement group?

Did BK go to a hypnotherapist? Will we know even an overview of results?

Is BK going to a psychiatrist, someone who specializes in memory loss?

Is there an update on what BK 'remember's about his life? New memories surfacing?

Is Nurse Betty in charge of coordinating getting BK on other television shows? Morning news shows, Dateline, Oprah, CNN, Nancy Grace? Or is this something we at WebSleuths could do?

I guess I am getting frustrated. Lots have helped by searching for clues and sending letters and making flyers. Could we get feedback?
Are we on the right track? Are there responses?
I feel like I am working in a vaccuum here.
Am I the only one?

My Theory:
BK came to see the ocean, his words from Dr Phil show.
BK went on vacation. He says his birthday is Aug. 28.
Maybe a birthday vacation.
Sat., Aug. 28, arrives in Richmond Hill, Ga.
He appears to be someone who likes solitude.
He has a room reservation.
or
He has a camper reservation.
He goes to the ocean. He explores. He takes a tour.
He takes pictures. He goes on a little cruise.
He wanders about.
Sun. night, Aug. 29, 2004, he goes to dinner
or
Mon., Aug. 30, 2004, he goes out for brunch.
For some reason, he is attacked and robbed. Kidnapped?
Beaten severely, hit 3 times on the right side of the head,
stripped of clothing and identification, left lying outside
where fire ants could get at him and sun beats down upon him.
Tues., Aug. 31, early a.m., BK
is dumped behind the dumpster at Burger King. His clothes thrown into the dumpster.
7:00a.m., BK is found. 911 called. EMT's find him semi conscious. EMT's note, he may have neurological problems.
Police are called. They do a cursory check and file a sketchy report or none at all.
Hospital reports BK says his back hurts, he can't see, his head hurts. He remains semi conscious for two weeks. He is transferred to another hospital.

No dream, I am too. I wish someone could give us an update. I have to this day sent out close to 1500 emails to catholic churches. If this isn't working, I would like to move on to something else. I want BK to find his identity and maybe this is the wrong angle to be searching. I just get so sentimental at the holidays. Wouldn't it be wonderful to give Bk a great gift. A NAME, AN IDENTITY. Someone out there knows this man. I just went to utube and the video was well over 1000 viewing. Maybe it is the emails I am sending. Anyways, BK I am still with you, I am just ranting, but could we get an update? Have you checked with FBI man lately? I would think there are some leads coming in. 1500 emails, 1000 will send on to at least 10 in there address book, turns into a whole bunch in the last few weeks.

Things Wrong with My Theory:
Okay, I know I am responding to my own post, but here are the flaws:

If BK lived in CO., he would have gone to the west coast to see the ocean.
....unless he stopped in to see someone in IN. on the way to GA. This would
assume he drove to GA.
....if he drove, then he would have started out for GA., right after a major hurricane had gone through there. ? Why?

If BK lived in CO, then he could have flown to GA. This would mean a rental car in GA.
.....no one knows if rental car agencies reported a 'found' car at that time.

If BK had a hotel room, why has no one tracked if a customer left all his luggage behind?
...... I don't think the police did.

If BK was packed and ready to leave and went to brunch, his car stolen when he was beaten, where is the car? If he owned the car, no payments, no bank would report delinquent car payments. But the attackers would not know that.
....were there reports of a burned out car? a wrecked car? but, LE would run the vin number of the car.

BK doesn't have a car. He doesn't show for a return airplane reservation, he does not show for an Amtrak reservation. The airlnes and train personnel just chalk it up, to a no show.

BK does not return home. He is not missed because:
he has no family
he has no close friends
he is known to be a loner
he is retired
his house is isolated

But, did he do a vacation mail stop when he left? Does the post office keep track of why he never came home or why the mail piled up?
But, he never used a bank account after Aug. 31, 2004. Do banks keep track?
............if he had an auto deposit for a retirement account and/or automatic payment of house mortgage or car payment, then, who would notice?
But, would the power company shut off his electric/gas?

Ah, been down this road.
WHY, oh why, doesn't someone know something about this man?
IF
BK has no one close to him to report him missing,
THEN
what about his assailants?
I would think they probably have a criminal record.
I don't think someone who robs and beats people would
have a master criminal mind.
And saying that, then they would talk, at a bar,
to a friend, bragging about what they did.

No dream, I am too. I wish someone could give us an update. I have to this day sent out close to 1500 emails to catholic churches. If this isn't working, I would like to move on to something else. I want BK to find his identity and maybe this is the wrong angle to be searching. I just get so sentimental at the holidays. Wouldn't it be wonderful to give Bk a great gift. A NAME, AN IDENTITY. Someone out there knows this man. I just went to utube and the video was well over 1000 viewing. Maybe it is the emails I am sending. Anyways, BK I am still with you, I am just ranting, but could we get an update? Have you checked with FBI man lately? I would think there are some leads coming in. 1500 emails, 1000 will send on to at least 10 in there address book, turns into a whole bunch in the last few weeks.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
carolwood:
My gosh! So many have worked so hard for BK. And I for one, do not mind doing it, but you sent out 1500 emails to Catholic churches. No response?
I sent out emails to sheriff's in different parts of country, to an employer, no one has ever responded. I even sent out emails to various news shows. The only response was from CBS.
and I agree,
BK, if you are reading this, please let us know an update.

Why BK has amnesia:
Experts say, an emotional trauma; a stressor, death in family, divorce, bad health, financial problems, etc.
OR
physical trauma; blow to head, beaten and left for dead.
And while researching online about amnesia victims, they recover their memories very slowly. But, in most cases, they do remember.

So, what if BK remembers things he doesn't want to know?
What if BK is gay? This theory has been floated on this thread.

What if he is beaten because he is perceived as gay?
What if he was abused sexually as well as being beaten?
What if the fire ant bites were a part of torture? He was covered in bites.
Maybe this is a reason he was found naked?
....theme from Deliverance plays in my mind.....
Maybe he is remembering his life from before Aug. 31,2004?
Maybe he is remembering why he was beaten and left with nothing?

If so, then I still think his torturers would talk, to their friends
or in a bar or in a jail or in exchange for a worse crime.

Local law enforcement would know the most about local thugs, those that
are always in trouble for robbery or assault.
Maybe local LE are embarrassed about their lack of good LE techniques on
Aug. 31, 2004.
...they could redeem themselves by finding who did this to BK.

I appreciate you all keeping the story alive. I have only gotten out a few flyers nothing compared to what you are doing carolwood! :clap: And dreamweaver, I love to read your thoughts. I do wish there were more updates along the way as well.

I had been googling missing businessmen, or missing vacationers and every other search term I've thought of. A part of me wonders if BK didn't leave home at an early age where the date of his going missing is actually in the 70's- and just lost contact with family or if he relocated during the 70's for job opportunities. This story has fascinated me as well as puzzling the heck out of me!

:blowkiss: Bless you all for keeping the story moving!

I don't know what else to do at this point. I need feedback. I am willing to work and search for clues/answers as much as anyone. But I don't want to go over things that have been ruled out by BK or law enforcement.

OT: I was heartened by the news of Caylee A. body being found today. It is most likely her body. Her spirit is already gone home and now her body can as well.

For those who think about these things, astrology, there is a grand trine now, and maybe it will uncover BK's identity also.

I don't know what else to do at this point. I need feedback. I am willing to work and search for clues/answers as much as anyone. But I don't want to go over things that have been ruled out by BK or law enforcement.

OT: I was heartened by the news of Caylee A. body being found today. It is most likely her body. Her spirit is already gone home and now her body can as well.

For those who think about these things, astrology, there is a grand trine now, and maybe it will uncover BK's identity also.

:hug: dreamweaver! I (I'm sure all of us) understand what you're feeling. It's hard to feel we're moving forward, toward a solution. I agree, I think we need some feedback on some of the things brought up here - the questions, etc. Even if it's all "no, that doesn't ring a bell" or "nope, still don't recall a Christmas past"... etc. At least we'll have touched base.

Meantime dreamweaver, might I suggest stepping back for a bit. Force yourself to put it out of your mind for a few days at least. It's often the most rejuvinating remedy for this kind of exasperation. I'm probably not telling ya anything you don't already know.... but, I wanted you to know I hear ya! :blowkiss:

I completely agree with you. I had to step back awhile ago because I got so frustrated at the complete lack of feedback. Sorry (I mean no disrespect), but if I had this many people spending so much of their time on helping me I would answer any question they asked and be beyond grateful. I think it was mentioned months ago that BK would be setting up an account to answer some of the questions and every time I check back people are spinning their wheels with absolutely no input and no answers to their questions. I wonder if Dr. Phil washed his hands because of lack of response...who knows? To me it seems that BK wants a new SS# and that is all. Frankly, his lack of interest in what people are doing on this site has made me question his intentions. I hope I am wrong but it made me feel better to have gotten this off my chest. I will resume my "step back" now and hope for the best for BK.

I completely agree with you. I had to step back awhile ago because I got so frustrated at the complete lack of feedback. Sorry (I mean no disrespect), but if I had this many people spending so much of their time on helping me I would answer any question they asked and be beyond grateful. I think it was mentioned months ago that BK would be setting up an account to answer some of the questions and every time I check back people are spinning their wheels with absolutely no input and no answers to their questions. I wonder if Dr. Phil washed his hands because of lack of response...who knows? To me it seems that BK wants a new SS# and that is all. Frankly, his lack of interest in what people are doing on this site has made me question his intentions. I hope I am wrong but it made me feel better to have gotten this off my chest. I will resume my "step back" now and hope for the best for BK.

Wow ? I didnt know any of this. I even have him up on my adoption blog.
I think everyone deserves to know their identity.
I think if I had had amnesia for all this time with no real clue as to who I am I might want to start to live life again.

I think it must be very hard to have NO identity.

I actually wrote on the other thread about his surgery and possible pins/plates
I remember reading somewhere where these pins / plates have serial numbers.

I know it would be a big ask but if its true that he has pins/plates (can tell via xray) and that they have a serial number - then he could be traced as to who he is that way, if it cant be seen on xray - the serial number then they could open him up.
Id be willing to suffer surgery to find out who I was .

I think he was a businessman on his way somewhere, and he was mugged and severely beaten, clothes stripped off him (was he sexually assaulted ?) and his car taken.
Thats what I think happened to him. I think he was on his way through from another state ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missing-CC