Theories we have regarding Kyron's disappearance

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have doubts as to whether anything will come out from the divorce in any case...certainly nothing that leads to Kyron anyway. I do wonder why Kaine has agreed to so many delays; he has a good lawyer. Maybe he clings to hope she will talk, but I don't see that happening. Would have happened by now, IMO. Poor Desiree.
'

I think LE has asked for the delays, hoping that Kyron could be found before the divorce proceedings get under way. I also think it's a strategy to protect Kiara and put further stress on Terri. She's really the one who stands to lose either way, and not allowing her to move forward in her life will make it that much harder on her.
I don't think Kaine cares about much other than keeping his sound financial footing for his children, and trying to locate his missing son. He has a well-paying job, and a home, so it isn't really hurting him to delay the divorce. Not knowing where Kyron is has to be excruciating, so he wants to hold Terri as a legal hostage as long as possible in hope that she will break and finally tell the truth.
I think it's a good strategy, and it's really about all he can do right now. Plus it protects the criminal case a little longer, and who knows what may shake loose at any given moment? We have no idea where the investigation is going, and what evidence they have.

I think LE has asked for the delays, hoping that Kyron could be found before the divorce proceedings get under way. I also think it's a strategy to protect Kiara and put further stress on Terri. She's really the one who stands to lose either way, and not allowing her to move forward in her life will make it that much harder on her.
I don't think Kaine cares about much other than keeping his sound financial footing for his children, and trying to locate his missing son. He has a well-paying job, and a home, so it isn't really hurting him to delay the divorce. Not knowing where Kyron is has to be excruciating, so he wants to hold Terri as a legal hostage as long as possible in hope that she will break and finally tell the truth.
I think it's a good strategy, and it's really about all he can do right now. Plus it protects the criminal case a little longer, and who knows what may shake loose at any given moment? We have no idea where the investigation is going, and what evidence they have.

This news story says that it is TMH's attornies who have petitioned for a delay in the divorce proceedings:

http://www.kptv.com/story/15682200/horman-divorce-proceedings-delayed

Because of the intense media scrutiny of Kyron's disappearance, lawyers for Terri Horman contend that divorce proceedings between the two cannot continue in a fair manner.

I am not a lawyer but as I understand it, KH would have a huge advantage in going to court as soon as possible. When the divorce proceedings start moving forward, TMH will have two options: agree to be deposed under oath or decline to contest. If she declines to contest, then KH will get a default judgment.

If TMH declined to contest, KH could get all the marital assets, child support for Baby K *and* full permanent custody of Baby K.

I'm also pretty sure that LE would love to get TMH pinned down via testimony under oath.

I still often think of Kyron and google his name to see if there is some new news associated with him - a search, a clue, anything.

After a year and a half, what stands out so strongly for me is Terri's willingness to abandon her daughter so she could refrain from speaking on the record about Kyron. I just can't imagine her being totally innocent and still allowing this estrangement to go on.

Having been involved peripherally yet intimately with a custody battle myself, I know that if it is contested and an evaluator is engaged, there will be extensive psychological testing (in this case probably by more than one psychologist) and I wonder what that would uncover and if that is part of what her attorney fears. I don't think allegations of murder for hire (unproven, with no charges filed) would negate TMH's joint custody petition. Allegations with proof or charges, yes, but accusations without evidence? no.

I wish LE offered more statements to the public and the fact that they don't has sapped away any confidence I have that they know anything more than we do. The last Google news alert I received was January 3rd and that was to a cold case billboard article that only mentioned Kyron in passing - though so many of the comments to that article were from people wanting to talk about him and wondering why he's dropped out of the news.

Anyway, just wanted to post a bit on this forum and keep Kyron's name current. xoxo

What choice does TH have? If she is guilty, she must try to avoid any situation in which she can be questioned under oath by Kaine's attorneys. If she is innocent, there are any number of people who believe she is guilty and will do whatever it takes to see her in prison...so she must try to avoid being deposed under oath where she can be asked hostile questions, without any of the protections of a courtroom-- and in a situation in which she can't prove she DIDN'T kill Kyron, not being able to prove a negative. And if she goes to prison (whether she is guilty or innocent), she won't see her daughter any way. I am sure that her attorneys make these decisions, not TMH.

I was once deposed as a witness in a civil case (which went nowhere). A full day of testimony, 1000 pages of transcript, and the attorney got into MY private life, which had nothing to do with the case. I vowed then to never get into any situation in which I might be deposed in somebody's civil case. So if she killed Kyron, she doesn't have any choice. If she didn't, she has to hope that delay will help her if the case is resolved by finding Kyron.

Didn't TH try to hire a hit man to kill her husband?

As far as I know, there are NO charges against her for allegedly hiring anyone to "off" KH, just a botched sting where she called the police and two sets of LE faced one another in a wonderful parody of the Keystone Cops. Of course, that allegation tags along with every other weird, and basically unproven (as far as we know) allegation in this case.

I believe someone IN the school is responsible, with outside help or not, but I further believe there's a lot more going on in Portland than any of us want to know.

My opinion only

What choice does TH have? If she is guilty, she must try to avoid any situation in which she can be questioned under oath by Kaine's attorneys. If she is innocent, there are any number of people who believe she is guilty and will do whatever it takes to see her in prison...so she must try to avoid being deposed under oath where she can be asked hostile questions, without any of the protections of a courtroom-- and in a situation in which she can't prove she DIDN'T kill Kyron, not being able to prove a negative. And if she goes to prison (whether she is guilty or innocent), she won't see her daughter any way. I am sure that her attorneys make these decisions, not TMH.

I was once deposed as a witness in a civil case (which went nowhere). A full day of testimony, 1000 pages of transcript, and the attorney got into MY private life, which had nothing to do with the case. I vowed then to never get into any situation in which I might be deposed in somebody's civil case. So if she killed Kyron, she doesn't have any choice. If she didn't, she has to hope that delay will help her if the case is resolved by finding Kyron.

I honestly don't see how she could fear arrest from something she said in a deposition if she's innocent. She might get smeared, sure. They might try to trip her up or lock her into a timeline. She might get embarrassed and humiliated by having to admit to personal transgressions outside of kidnap or murder. She would have her attorney there to guide her, and she would have a shot at being a mother to her daughter. So no - I'm not buying that TMH is innocent but also willing to give up her daughter so she is not embarrassed, tripped up or locked into an otherwise innocent timeline. Her attorney cannot force her to give up her daughter and remain silent. That's her choice.

As far as I know, there are NO charges against her for allegedly hiring anyone to "off" KH, just a botched sting where she called the police and two sets of LE faced one another in a wonderful parody of the Keystone Cops. Of course, that allegation tags along with every other weird, and basically unproven (as far as we know) allegation in this case.

I believe someone IN the school is responsible, with outside help or not, but I further believe there's a lot more going on in Portland than any of us want to know.

My opinion only

There aren't any charges against anyone for kidnapping Kyron, yet it clearly happened. Lack of charges does not = lack of crime.

There aren't any charges against anyone for kidnapping Kyron, yet it clearly happened. Lack of charges does not = lack of crime.

Especially in today's jury climate. Seems as if they want a smoking gun in order to convict.
icon9.gif

I agree with you, just because they have not charged TMH (yet), doesn't mean she is not responsible for disappearing Kyron.

This news story says that it is TMH's attornies who have petitioned for a delay in the divorce proceedings:

http://www.kptv.com/story/15682200/horman-divorce-proceedings-delayed

I am not a lawyer but as I understand it, KH would have a huge advantage in going to court as soon as possible. When the divorce proceedings start moving forward, TMH will have two options: agree to be deposed under oath or decline to contest. If she declines to contest, then KH will get a default judgment.

If TMH declined to contest, KH could get all the marital assets, child support for Baby K *and* full permanent custody of Baby K.

I'm also pretty sure that LE would love to get TMH pinned down via testimony under oath.

LE does not want to damage any possible criminal case. They don't want her testimony in the civil case to muddy the legal waters.

Kaine already has the advantage anyway. He has a professional job, bought the house himself before the marriage, and can prove that Terri is not a fit parent, given her drinking problem, her sexting, and above all, the fact that Kyron is missing. The murder-for-hire also comes into play. She can't provide financial support Kiara, and that isn't likely to change.
Kaine won't get any money from her because she will never be employable as a teacher, or in any professional capacity. She has no money of her own, and few assets, if any. Any child support she could pay would be negligible. She may get a few household items, but that's about it. They weren't married that long.

What about if Kyron's biological mother did this? If this woman is trying to pay people to kill her potential ex-husband, who knows what's going through her mind. Beyond that fact, child manipulation for the purposes of divorce is old. Some people take it to a whole new (and different) level.

Kyron's case is the first one here that I followed from day 1, and is the reason I joined WS. I'm so sorry that there's been no recent forward movement in the case, even though, I'm quite sure, LE has their suspicions. I check everyday, as well as a lot of you do, and am holding hope that something will bring some light to this dark case. :seeya:

Kyron is the reason I joined Websleuth's too. He's close in age to my boys, and I lived in Portland for six years, so it caught my attention, lead me here, and here I still am.

What about if Kyron's biological mother did this? If this woman is trying to pay people to kill her potential ex-husband, who knows what's going through her mind. Beyond that fact, child manipulation for the purposes of divorce is old. Some people take it to a whole new (and different) level.

I'm not clear on what you are talking about. Kyron's biological mom is Desiree, she was nowhere near Kyron, or his school, the day he vanished. She lives in Medford, which is a five hour drive away. Do you mean Terri Moulton Horman, his step mother? She is certainly central to suspicions from both the public, and law enforcement, as well as Kaine & Desiree who have both stated publicly that they believe Terri is responsible.

For some reason I can not bring myself to think Kyron is dead. I know we have beat this to death here. But they have searched so many places and they know where she was pretty much from looking at phones, her reciepts and talking to people who saw or talked to her that day. Are there so many places along her route that she could have killed Kyron and disposed of him so well that there is no sign of him anywhere. I do think she had help, I would bet my life she did. But even with help you have to have a fool proof plan and hope that body never comes to light. So I keep hoping that the plan was to hand him off to another person. Every day they don't find his body is another day I say "I hope he is alive". :please:

Are you clear on the facts of this case?

And are we allowed to sleuth those who are not persons of interest?

From what I understand, Kaine's biological mother has been CLEARED.

For some reason I can not bring myself to think Kyron is dead. I know we have beat this to death here. But they have searched so many places and they know where she was pretty much from looking at phones, her reciepts and talking to people who saw or talked to her that day. Are there so many places along her route that she could have killed Kyron and disposed of him so well that there is no sign of him anywhere. I do think she had help, I would bet my life she did. But even with help you have to have a fool proof plan and hope that body never comes to light. So I keep hoping that the plan was to hand him off to another person. Every day they don't find his body is another day I say "I hope he is alive". :please:

Agreed...
there are far more reasons to believe he is still alive.
Cadaver dogs were a horse and pony show to simulate progress in my opinion.
And an horrendous angle for LE to choose to employ if not 99% sure.

it's real easy to point fingers -
especially when "Law Enforcement" appears to be sharing your observations...
That, by no means, proves the observations are correct.
But the vast majority may be right where the perp wants them to be.
Perhaps one of the elements here
was to direct the audience toward murder
and keep the witch hunt going.
The numbers who sincerely believe Kyron is dead
can be immediately subtracted
from the total number of people still looking -
keep your eyes wide open...
he could be right in front of you.
Unless you think he's dead - then go about your business.

Do we still have the map and link to where TH went that day? There was a 60 minutes or some investagative report and they showed a map and time line of where she went and how long it took. I had it saved on my DVR, but lost it.

I hope and pray that Kyron is somehow alive and out there somewhere although I believe that it is highly unlikely. The Pacific Northwest is, unfortunately, the ideal place to conceal a body. Think of Ted Bundy or Gary Ridgeway as an example. I live in Portland, and the area in which Kyron lived and disappeared from is just so amazingly rugged, rough terrain; it is very difficult to navigate in terms of search and rescue. Google Forest Park--the Skyline area is on the edge of a vast wilderness called Forest Park. All along the route Terri Horman claims to have traveled on June 4, 2010 during the 90 minutes there are numerous sheer ravines, drops, thick forests, and many remote areas. I would love to believe that Kyron is still alive and well, waiting to be found though.

Anyone know where this was taken? If you look to the Left of the tent, see the white metal box? That is it, only the one I saw was old, rusty, like years old. Wonder where they went camping?

Attachments

• box.jpg
    box.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 38
Anyone know where this was taken? If you look to the Left of the tent, see the white metal box? That is it, only the one I saw was old, rusty, like years old. Wonder where they went camping?

That could be an electrical transformer box.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member