Thread No. 23 - General Discussion

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
RC Has it ever been mentioned by anyone, how much would have been in Michelle's 401k? Just wondering how much money this guy has now. Seems to me, after these 2 warrants to search the Co vehicle and publicity for the Company jy is working for, they might be looking for an excuse to get rid of him.

On one of the shows they were talking about Jason saying that he stayed in a motel/hotel two hours away from home the night that Michelle was murdered.
<snip for space>
quote]

Bobbisangel,

Jason drove from Raleigh to a hotel in Hillsville Va - approximately 2.5 hours from his home the night of Michelle's murder. He "supposedly" stayed there and left in the morning to drive to Clintwood Va - another approximate 2.5 hours on to the west northwest of where he stayed. Unconfirmed is that he was supposedly late for his meeting, which the meeting was very short, at a branch type hospital which would have no ability to approve a purchase of the software he was trying to sell - if it had been a serious sales call he should have met with the parent company representatives I should think.

From this meeting he drove approximately another 5 hours to visit with his parents because he was "in the area" so to speak. An odd choice of timing since a couple from Charlotte were to arrive at his home the day Michelle was found to spend part of the weekend with him and Michelle - it was Home Coming weekend at NC State - big football game - one that both Jy and Michelle and friends usually attended.

Not sure what LE was looking for at his sister's and mother's houses. The warrants are supposedly sealed, so far we know nothing else about them. However I would venture to say that the probable cause section had to be pretty intense to get a judge to sign off to search two homes and a company vehicle, none of which belong to jy.

Yes, after 16 months LE is still investigating jy - seems to me it os obvious they believe he had the opportunity and previous warrants seem to indicate motive as well. Eventually they will get him - just a matter of time. After all this time it is also reasonable to think that the last person to see Michelle alive and the person who found her murdered have both been cleared - otherwise no need for these recent warrants dealing with jy. His days are numbered IMO.

RC, this is a really, really good post! :clap:

I give praise to LE for their long, persistant work on this case!

I agree, JY's days are numbered!

Well, you can't compare a case where a crooked DA fabricates evidence and totally railroads 3 innocent men. Rest assured , Colin Willoughby is not worried about being sued. However, he apparently is worried about being able to get a conviction at this point.

If you haven't noticed, I make very few posts. The points I made are not conjecture, they're fact. He is very cognizant of crossing every t and dotting every i. Right or wrong, the Lacrosse case has affected DA's throughout the country. Because of this, DA's are being overly cautious about obtaining every piece of irrefutable evidence prior to an arrest being made. This point also applies to the Janet Abaroa case in Durham where her husband has yet to be arrested.

On one of the shows they were talking about Jason saying that he stayed in a motel/hotel two hours away from home the night that Michelle was murdered.
<snip for space>
quote]

Bobbisangel,

Jason drove from Raleigh to a hotel in Hillsville Va - approximately 2.5 hours from his home the night of Michelle's murder. He "supposedly" stayed there and left in the morning to drive to Clintwood Va - another approximate 2.5 hours on to the west northwest of where he stayed. Unconfirmed is that he was supposedly late for his meeting, which the meeting was very short, at a branch type hospital which would have no ability to approve a purchase of the software he was trying to sell - if it had been a serious sales call he should have met with the parent company representatives I should think.

From this meeting he drove approximately another 5 hours to visit with his parents because he was "in the area" so to speak. An odd choice of timing since a couple from Charlotte were to arrive at his home the day Michelle was found to spend part of the weekend with him and Michelle - it was Home Coming weekend at NC State - big football game - one that both Jy and Michelle and friends usually attended.

Not sure what LE was looking for at his sister's and mother's houses. The warrants are supposedly sealed, so far we know nothing else about them. However I would venture to say that the probable cause section had to be pretty intense to get a judge to sign off to search two homes and a company vehicle, none of which belong to jy.

Yes, after 16 months LE is still investigating jy - seems to me it os obvious they believe he had the opportunity and previous warrants seem to indicate motive as well. Eventually they will get him - just a matter of time. After all this time it is also reasonable to think that the last person to see Michelle alive and the person who found her murdered have both been cleared - otherwise no need for these recent warrants dealing with jy. His days are numbered IMO.

Excellent post. A couple of points...

All this talk about companies not allowing employees to obtain lodging two hours from home is not a universal policy. I've never worked for an organization that banned it. If there are early meetings in the same area the following day, or business to be done elsewhere, the expense is certainly justified.

While my nametag could be misleading, I actually work in the financial sector of healthcare. While there are many regional hospitals around the country who are owned by large "holding groups," the individual units have the autonomy to make capital expenditures on their own, as they did prior to being gobbled up. Healthcare subsidiaries operate in a completely different manner than subsidiaries of other industries.

My hunch on the two new warrants is that LE was looking to grab Mama's and Sis's computers to get a take on Jason's online activity - prior to and after the murder.

"RC Has it ever been mentioned by anyone, how much would have been in Michelle's 401k? Just wondering how much money this guy has now. Seems to me, after these 2 warrants to search the Co vehicle and publicity for the Company jy is working for, they might be looking for an excuse to get rid of him."

I highly doubt that Michelle had enough in her 401k to make any substantial contribution to Jason's lifestyle. She hadn't been in the job long enough to have amassed very much. I would bet with their being so cash strapped, i.e. house poor, that she wasn't contributing.

<snip>

While my nametag could be misleading, I actually work in the financial sector of healthcare. While there are many regional hospitals around the country who are owned by large "holding groups," the individual units have the autonomy to make capital expenditures on their own, as they did prior to being gobbled up. Healthcare subsidiaries operate in a completely different manner than subsidiaries of other industries.

< snip>

NC Banker,

The hospital where JY had his meeting is a small hospital in Clintwood - can't recall the name of it off hand however I do recall it is a small 125 bed hospital unit in about nowhere. Question - do you think such a small community hospital like that would be financially viable enough to afford items other than those directly related to the actual practice of medicine ?

I ask only because I find this so called meeting to be very odd based on the size of the hospital and the remote area in which it lies. Just thinking a conversion to computerized records would more likely be up to a corporate thought process for approval at a minimum. Just wondering - your input would be most welcome. I realize without knowing their finances directly this is a difficult question - thanks.

RC Has it ever been mentioned by anyone, how much would have been in Michelle's 401k? Just wondering how much money this guy has now. Seems to me, after these 2 warrants to search the Co vehicle and publicity for the Company jy is working for, they might be looking for an excuse to get rid of him.

Haven't heard anything one way or the other Ms. Jilly. I would think it would not be an excessive amount - I can't remember what year Michelle started at Progress but I don't think she was there over 5 years - maybe borderline vested - maybe not.

Jy went back to work in March of 2007 so he was without a job for 5 months at least - I suspect he pretty much needed to go back to work - the house payments were most likely draining his pocket. I do not believe the house has sold to this day even...

"RC Has it ever been mentioned by anyone, how much would have been in Michelle's 401k? Just wondering how much money this guy has now. Seems to me, after these 2 warrants to search the Co vehicle and publicity for the Company jy is working for, they might be looking for an excuse to get rid of him."

I highly doubt that Michelle had enough in her 401k to make any substantial contribution to Jason's lifestyle. She hadn't been in the job long enough to have amassed very much. I would bet with their being so cash strapped, i.e. house poor, that she wasn't contributing.

Interesting. Never occured to me that she wouldn't be contributing. Makes perfect sense to me now, though. Thanks for replying.:)

Haven't heard anything one way or the other Ms. Jilly. I would think it would not be an excessive amount - I can't remember what year Michelle started at Progress but I don't think she was there over 5 years - maybe borderline vested - maybe not.

Jy went back to work in March of 2007 so he was without a job for 5 months at least - I suspect he pretty much needed to go back to work - the house payments were most likely draining his pocket. I do not believe the house has sold to this day even...

Thanks RC - I got it now! For some reason, I thought she was at PE for 10 yrs but now that you mention it (5 yrs), I believe you're right.
Do you think he's still making house payments? I thought I read something about foreclosure....or was that just speculation?

NC Banker,

The hospital where JY had his meeting is a small hospital in Clintwood - can't recall the name of it off hand however I do recall it is a small 125 bed hospital unit in about nowhere. Question - do you think such a small community hospital like that would be financially viable enough to afford items other than those directly related to the actual practice of medicine ?

I ask only because I find this so called meeting to be very odd based on the size of the hospital and the remote area in which it lies. Just thinking a conversion to computerized records would more likely be up to a corporate thought process for approval at a minimum. Just wondering - your input would be most welcome. I realize without knowing their finances directly this is a difficult question - thanks.

The EMR (electronic medical record) initiative is a priority in facilities throughout the country - large and small. Congress has passed legislation that provides either funds in total or partial to assist with the purchase of healthcare IT solutions, and specifically, EMR solutions. For example, the state of Louisiana just received a windfall of cash for small regional hospitals. Other states will follow suit. While I think (in my own humble opinion) that Jason committed the crime, I don't find it the least bit odd that he would be visiting a small regional facility and that they would have access to funds for EMR conversion. You'd be surprised at the budgets of many of those types of institutions. Even if they didn't have the funds in their budget, beyond the published or "official" budgets are additional discretionary funds that hospital CEO's sit on to use for last minute initiatives they feel are worthy.

Hope this helps.

I remember the 401K being brought up but there was never an amount stated. In addition there was life insurance from PE besides the big policy for 1 million. How about the other house that was being rented at the time of Michelle's death?

We had a poster here sometime ago that was an insurance expert and she had brought up the deposition Jason would have to give. That was used against the husband in another case but don't remember which one that was. It's really been bugging me lately trying to remember how long she said he had to claim that money. I recall 2 years but not sure that's right. Wasn't that policy also good for double indemnity because her death was accidental?

Jilly, you have a great memory. Do you recall any of this?

RC, you're a great one with details. Anybody?

If that other house was used as collateral to secure the loan on the other one wouldn't that be taken as well if the other one is in foreclosure? I do remember there was a large loan taken against the house so it had little to no value.

Do you think he's still making house payments? I thought I read something about foreclosure....or was that just speculation?

He (or someone in his family) is making the payments. They're up to date. You can go to RealtyTrac and look up surrounding properties that are either preforeclosure or in the process, or are now bank owned. This is a great tool for house hunters looking for a great deal...

As the court records show, he has two mortgages on the property. The first mortgage is for $307,900, and a second mortgage for $57,750.

He also has two mortgages on the condo they previously occupied (which wasn't used as collateral for the new house). The first mortgage is $131,040, and a second mortgage for $15,500.

Michelle is a co-borrower on both properties.

He (or someone in his family) is making the payments. They're up to date. You can go to RealtyTrac and look up surrounding properties that are either preforeclosure or in the process, or are now bank owned. This is a great tool for house hunters looking for a great deal...

As the records show, he has two mortgages on the property. The first mortgage is for $307,900, and a second mortgage for $57,750.

He also has two mortgages on the condo they previously occupied (which wasn't used as collateral for the new house). The first mortgage is $131,040, and a second mortgage for $15,500.

thats a whole lot of mortgage payment to come up with on his own :confused:

Thanks NC Banker - not surprisingly, I was unaware of all the information you have provided. Learn something new everyday ! Appreciate it.

Strach - Bellgardin is the insurance guru - perhaps she will show up and answer your questions. I do not recall a time frame for the insurance claim so would not care to speculate. The other case you are trying to remember is the Barber case - the fool who murdered his wife on the beach, shot himself and then went riding around in the middle of the night saying he was looking for someplace to call 911 from, passed up a few convenience stores and several houses before getting help. He claimed robbers on the beach did it. Yes the insurance deposition did him in - he is in jail. Guilty as charged.

I remember the 401K being brought up but there was never an amount stated. In addition there was life insurance from PE besides the big policy for 1 million. How about the other house that was being rented at the time of Michelle's death?

We had a poster here sometime ago that was an insurance expert and she had brought up the deposition Jason would have to give. That was used against the husband in another case but don't remember which one that was. It's really been bugging me lately trying to remember how long she said he had to claim that money. I recall 2 years but not sure that's right. Wasn't that policy also good for double indemnity because her death was accidental?

Jilly, you have a great memory. Do you recall any of this?

RC, you're a great one with details. Anybody?

Hi Stach! Thank you for the compliment but I really must confess...I rely heavily on RC to jump start my memory! I see he has come to our rescue with Bellgardin's name.
I've just done a search and here's her post #82 about the insurance:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45289&page=4

Still after reading this post of hers, something is nagging me too, now that you mention it, about a payout time. Maybe it was another poster.:confused:

ETA I did some more searching and here's more conversation about it with Bellgardin. Her posts, 297, 300 and 311

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45444&page=12

As the court records show, he has two mortgages on the property. The first mortgage is for $307,900, and a second mortgage for $57,750.

Thank you very much for this info. You're a very big help to us!

thats a whole lot of mortgage payment to come up with on his own :confused:

Yes it is, isn't it. His mother has got to be helping out here, I would think. Bet they never thought that the house would take so long to sell. He might have received some payout from Chart One where he was working at the time of the murder but he didn't work for 5 months after they let him go! During that time he took Cassidy to Disneyworld for a week so on the face of it, it didn't look like he was too concerned.

Rumor has it, he found himself a wealthy girlfriend and they went on a Caribbean cruise so he's definitely trying to move on. Apparently, she's dropped him since so things might not be going too well for him - especially after these recents searchs.

Thanks RC, Jilly and NCB :blowkiss:

That is some serious money to come up with knowing Jason's position. I remember the house being reduced from 399,000 to 375,000 asking price. If the other one is being rented for what the mortgage amount is then he's ok there as long as it's occupied. Maybe he can pay the mortgage for now on the other one as long as he lives with family and keeps a job.

Thanks RC, Jilly and NCB :blowkiss:

That is some serious money to come up with knowing Jason's position. I remember the house being reduced from 399,000 to 375,000 asking price. If the other one is being rented for what the mortgage amount is then he's ok there as long as it's occupied. Maybe he can pay the mortgage for now on the other one as long as he lives with family and keeps a job.

As of today, it is still on the market for $389,000.

Public records show it is mortgaged at $365k. If he sells tomorrow for $389k, after the realtor commission, he will net a whopping $1000.

The house is likely to finally move for closer to $375k. In that case, he will need to write a substantial check just to unload.

If you haven't noticed, I make very few posts. The points I made are not conjecture, they're fact. He is very cognizant of crossing every t and dotting every i. Right or wrong, the Lacrosse case has affected DA's throughout the country. Because of this, DA's are being overly cautious about obtaining every piece of irrefutable evidence prior to an arrest being made. This point also applies to the Janet Abaroa case in Durham where her husband has yet to be arrested.

I don't disagree with your assessment of the Wake County DA wanting all the i's dotted before an arrest. However, I disagree with your assessment that the DA is worried about a lawsuit from Jason Young.
Comparing Nifong and the Duke lacrosse case and the Wake DA's office investigating JY for murder is not even remotely on the same page.
Rather than looking back at the disbarred Nifong, they will pursue an indictment against Jason when they feel they have enough evidence to get a conviction.

As of today, it is still on the market for $389,000.

Public records show it is mortgaged at $365k. If he sells tomorrow for $389k, after the realtor commission, he will net a whopping $1000.

The house is likely to finally move for closer to $375k. In that case, he will need to write a substantial check just to unload.

What's the point of him keeping it now then? Would a foreclosure affect his credit rating say if he wanted to buy another house in the future?

The EMR (electronic medical record) initiative is a priority in facilities throughout the country - large and small. Congress has passed legislation that provides either funds in total or partial to assist with the purchase of healthcare IT solutions, and specifically, EMR solutions. For example, the state of Louisiana just received a windfall of cash for small regional hospitals. Other states will follow suit. While I think (in my own humble opinion) that Jason committed the crime, I don't find it the least bit odd that he would be visiting a small regional facility and that they would have access to funds for EMR conversion. You'd be surprised at the budgets of many of those types of institutions. Even if they didn't have the funds in their budget, beyond the published or "official" budgets are additional discretionary funds that hospital CEO's sit on to use for last minute initiatives they feel are worthy.

Hope this helps.

Actually, Dickenson hospital has only 25 beds. It is not owned by a large conglomerate like Duke or UNC, it is owned by another small (129 bed)hospital in Norton Va.

Based on gas times learned from the recent SW's, Jason's meeting was 10:30 am to 11:00 am (he filled in Duffield Va at 12:06 pm).

A 1/2 hour meeting with a 25 bed hospital administrator does not add up to me. It simply does not make sense to drive 300+ miles with a $100 hotel stay to call on this particular hospital. I think the whole point was to be far, far away when MF discovered his deed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member