Thread No. 23 - General Discussion

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the point of him keeping it now then? Would a foreclosure affect his credit rating say if he wanted to buy another house in the future?

A foreclosure would ruin his credit. Somehow I think that will end up being the least of his worries though.

There were a couple of JY supporters that balked at the cop's assessment that the couple had financial troubles. Well, considering their $389,000 house had no equity and they were paying around $2500 / mo
($1750 1st, $283 escrow, $528 2nd), I would say they were a bit strapped....especially so after MY cut back to part-time as planned after Rylan was born.

You know Jason is hot about paying $30,000 in mortgage payments over the last 12 months. That is a wad of cash to shell out for a house he has only stepped foot in once or twice since the murders.

I don't disagree with your assessment of the Wake County DA wanting all the i's dotted before an arrest. However, I disagree with your assessment that the DA is worried about a lawsuit from Jason Young.
Comparing Nifong and the Duke lacrosse case and the Wake DA's office investigating JY for murder is not even remotely on the same page.
Rather than looking back at the disbarred Nifong, they will pursue an indictment against Jason when they feel they have enough evidence to get a conviction.

Again, this isn't conjecture or speculation. The man specifically said he didn't want "another Lacrosse case." He specifically alluded to wanting to avoid any potential litigation on the part of the defendant. Not my words.

Again, this isn't conjecture or speculation. The man specifically said he didn't want "another Lacrosse case." He specifically alluded to wanting to avoid any potential litigation on the part of the defendant. Not my words.

The Nifong situation was unprecedented. He was proven to be a deceitful, rogue DA with a sinister agenda. He obtained a GJ indictment with lies. There was zero evidence these boys were guilty of a crime.

Well, I think we can all agree that is not the case with Mr. Young.
We know for a fact there are piles of CE linking him to the murder.
If a GJ decides that is enough to indict, then they proceed...period

Without naming specific names, how is your 'inside source' that stated this connected to the case ?

The Nifong situation was unprecedented. He was proven to be a deceitful, rogue DA with a sinister agenda. He obtained a GJ indictment with lies. There was zero evidence these boys were guilty of a crime.

Well, I think we can all agree that is not the case with Mr. Young.
We know for a fact there are piles of CE linking him to the murder.
If a GJ decides that is enough to indict, then they proceed...period

Without naming specific names, how is your 'inside source' that stated this connected to the case ?

I believe if you watch some of the video interviews with DA CW - you will find he is responsible for the quote. Given the vicious tone of jy supporters, posting on boards, threatening posters, attempting to have a journalist fired for reporting, and recent direct comments from a member of the Young family, I find it difficult to believe they would not attempt a litigation, but I suspect the only reason they haven't is because Jy is not exactly innocent.

Piles of CE ? There does not seem to be an abundance of known true facts in this case in the public arena. A few search warrants, lots of under ground rumor but little exact information as to what exactly LE has or does not have. Since the GJ has not yet indicted, this seems to indicate perhaps the case is not as full of piles of evidence as to proceed with either a GJ indictment or an actual trial at this point in time. That is further supported by recent warrants being served in Brevard and Etowah and somewhere along a road. I suspect a GJ indictment could be made easily - a trial at this point probably not so easy.

I believe if you watch some of the video interviews with DA CW - you will find he is responsible for the quote. Given the vicious tone of jy supporters, posting on boards, threatening posters, attempting to have a journalist fired for reporting, and recent direct comments from a member of the Young family, I find it difficult to believe they would not attempt a litigation, but I suspect the only reason they haven't is because Jy is not exactly innocent.

Piles of CE ? There does not seem to be an abundance of known true facts in this case in the public arena. A few search warrants, lots of under ground rumor but little exact information as to what exactly LE has or does not have. Since the GJ has not yet indicted, this seems to indicate perhaps the case is not as full of piles of evidence as to proceed with either a GJ indictment or an actual trial at this point in time. That is further supported by recent warrants being served in Brevard and Etowah and somewhere along a road. I suspect a GJ indictment could be made easily - a trial at this point probably not so easy.

Based on the heinous nature of this crime, I am sure the DA wants to use the death penalty. Those cases generally require more compelling evidence with very little , if any reasonable doubt. Instead of worrying about a wrongful prosecution case brought by the Young's, I am sure they are simply looking everywhere so they can develop sufficient evidence to see this guy gets the needle in the end.
They have only one chance and seeing him walk after a trial is not an option in this case.

Based on the heinous nature of this crime, I am sure the DA wants to use the death penalty. Those cases generally require more compelling evidence with very little , if any reasonable doubt. Instead of worrying about a wrongful prosecution case brought by the Young's, I am sure they are simply looking everywhere so they can develop sufficient evidence to see this guy gets the needle in the end.
They have only one chance and seeing him walk after a trial is not an option in this case.

The DA may wish to go for the death penalty, however I believe it would be short sighted to limit prosecution to this one possibility. Reason being is NC has a moratorium on the DP at this time and that moratorium will continue until the legislature addresses the issues. The NC Medical Board has ruled that Drs cannot participate in executions, the law requires that Drs participate to insure the rights of the prisoner.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/144610/doctors_oath_kills_death_pen

LWOP is a viable option and one I suspect many prosecutors are now accepting as an alternative. While it may not be what some in the public would want - it may become the standard given the opposition the DP is now receiving on a nationwide basis. Have to protect those prisoners and insure they do not suffer a cruel death - no matter how cruel their crime.

Something wrong with that picture.

The DA may wish to go for the death penalty, however I believe it would be short sighted to limit prosecution to this one possibility. Reason being is NC has a moratorium on the DP at this time and that moratorium will continue until the legislature addresses the issues. The NC Medical Board has ruled that Drs cannot participate in executions, the law requires that Drs participate to insure the rights of the prisoner.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/144610/doctors_oath_kills_death_pen

LWOP is a viable option and one I suspect many prosecutors are now accepting as an alternative. While it may not be what some in the public would want - it may become the standard given the opposition the DP is now receiving on a nationwide basis. Have to protect those prisoners and insure they do not suffer a cruel death - no matter how cruel their crime.

Something wrong with that picture.

Thanks, Raisincharlie, for backing me up. As I've already stated, I AM NOT SPECULATING on what the DA said. Your supporting information is greatly appreciated. As for naming my source, "Just the fax," I'm afraid that won't be happening. Are you serious?!?

Thanks, Raisincharlie, for backing me up. As I've already stated, I AM NOT SPECULATING on what the DA said. Your supporting information is greatly appreciated. As for naming my source, "Just the fax," I'm afraid that won't be happening. Are you serious?!?

I guess you misread my post...

"Without naming specific names, how is your 'inside source' that stated this connected to the case ?"

I am not trying to be confrontational. After all we are on the same side. It was just my opinion that the DA is not worried about being sued by the Young family in this case. Maybe the Nifong fall-out in the early days caused pause because of 'rush to judgement" concerns, but Nifong is NOT a factor 16 months later.

There have been threats of litigation against others in regard to this case, so it wouldn't surprise me if those close to Jason Young (or Jason Young himself) have made such threats against the DA and Sheriff's office, as well. I doubt that they'd be able to win such a law suit, but litigation is a costly nuisance in itself, regardless of the outcome.

There have been threats of litigation against others in regard to this case, so it wouldn't surprise me if those close to Jason Young (or Jason Young himself) have made such threats against the DA and Sheriff's office, as well. I doubt that they'd be able to win such a law suit, but litigation is a costly nuisance in itself, regardless of the outcome.

Costly for them, maybe.
Such a suit would be immediately dismissed as frivolous with no merit.

Now, that does not mean they may not go through with their threats and try to attack someone else other than the DA in civil court.

Lets see, one of the Young's close associates has threatened :

1- Various posters, including RPD and raleighresident
2- WRAL and Amanda Lamb, specifically
3- The N&O and Marlon Walker, specifically
4- Fox 50 and the editors of NCWanted
5- The Raleigh Chronicle and the intern reporters
6- The local ABC affiliate in Asheville NC
7- The Transylvania Times and their editors
8- TCSO and 2 deputies for leaks

Costly for them, maybe.
Such a suit would be immediately dismissed as frivolous with no merit.

Now, that does not mean they may not go through with their threats and try to attack someone else other than the DA in civil court.

Lets see, one of the Young's close associates has threatened :

1- Various posters, including RPD and raleighresident
2- WRAL and Amanda Lamb, specifically
3- The N&O and Marlon Walker, specifically
4- Fox 50 and the editors of NCWanted
5- The Raleigh Chronicle and the intern reporters
6- The local ABC affiliate in Asheville NC
7- The Transylvania Times and their editors
8- TCSO and 2 deputies for leaks

I agree. They believe the threats of a suit in itself will stop the talk. It is another method of intimidation when all else fails. The suit would be dismissed as frivolous if anyone filed it.

I will confess to finding it amusing that a former teacher of journalism has tried on so many occasions to stiffle the press and get reporters fired, not to mention attempted closures of various forums. Perhaps a lawyer has finally shut him up for running off about information in sealed search warrants. Irony, funny thing that is...

Yes, first the headline "Arrest" and then the headline "Guilty."

I guess you misread my post...

"Without naming specific names, how is your 'inside source' that stated this connected to the case ?"

I am not trying to be confrontational. After all we are on the same side. It was just my opinion that the DA is not worried about being sued by the Young family in this case. Maybe the Nifong fall-out in the early days caused pause because of 'rush to judgement" concerns, but Nifong is NOT a factor 16 months later.

By divulging how my contact is connected to the case, I would indeed be divulging their identity. You say you're not trying to be confrontational, yet after my stating unequivocally that the DA made specific statements regarding his fear of being sued and intent on avoiding another "lacrosse case," you still insist on presenting your "opinion" that he's not worried about it?!? Does that make any sense?!? That's like standing in broad daylight and insisting that it's night. Take it for what it is. I said it before, and I'll say it again. That remark was neither speculation nor conjecture on my part. The man specifically said it. Let's move on.

By divulging how my contact is connected to the case, I would indeed be divulging their identity. You say you're not trying to be confrontational, yet after my stating unequivocally that the DA made specific statements regarding his fear of being sued and intent on avoiding another "lacrosse case," you still insist on presenting your "opinion" that he's not worried about it?!? Does that make any sense?!? That's like standing in broad daylight and insisting that it's night. Take it for what it is. I said it before, and I'll say it again. That remark was neither speculation nor conjecture on my part. The man specifically said it. Let's move on.

Touchy :blowkiss:

Well, from what you said about divulging identities, I am guessing your source was maybe the front desk security guard at the Wake County Courthouse ?

I agree NCBanker, time to move on.

I will confess to finding it amusing that a former teacher of journalism has tried on so many occasions to stiffle the press and get reporters fired, not to mention attempted closures of various forums. Perhaps a lawyer has finally shut him up for running off about information in sealed search warrants. Irony, funny thing that is...

:clap: and :rolleyes:

AGREED!!! :blowkiss:

AGREED!!! :clap:

AGREED!!! :woohoo:

I will also add my :clap: .

<THUD>

Hey Shuze!!! :blowkiss:
We soooooo need to catch up one o' these days!

Okay, back to Michelle...

Hoping justice will be seen in this case in the very near future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
michelle177