TH's emails shed light on Horman split

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stop talking about the thought process of other posters. Do not go there. We are done chasing these types of blanket I can't understand why people are thinking about Terri the way they are. It is over....... Get your own thoughts out there and stop complaining or condemning the words or thoughts of others....... Last and Final Warning.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5507359&postcount=49"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - ***PLEASE READ - Current Forum Issues***#2[/ame]

no this is not normal for Oregon...we use correct grammar when speaking for the most part

LOL--I wasn't suggesting that Oregonians use improper grammar. Just that different regions may have different preferences for somewhere, sometime, someplace, etc. :)

"sometime between 9-10" is also correct and usual. The "someplace" raised my eyebrow exactly cause I wondered if she was unconsciously trying to tell another truth she knows. I have never ever heard someone say "someplace" as referring to a time period cause time isnt usually seen as a place KWIM?

so I would be glad to get more verification or lack thereof from people whose parts of the world, if any, do typically use "someplace" as referring to a time period.

just cause I never heard it doesnt make it rare :) then again, I call a pair of scissors "shark" just because I do. so it could be an affectation on her part but I dont know anymore to guess.

LOL--I wasn't suggesting that Oregonians use improper grammar. Just that different regions may have different preferences for somewhere, sometime, someplace, etc. :)

I knew that! And I think it very well may be a "slip". Meaning that whatever happened didn't happen near the school but "someplace" else. Even if it means she handed him off "someplace" else.

I certainly don't think Terri practiced saying, "It happened between 9 and 10." After all, she had no way of knowing when the teacher would take attendance. It was an unusual day considering so many people were attending the science fair.

These emails are supposed to be from June 5, correct? Who was blaming Terri on June 5, 24 hours after Ky was missing on what blog? Anyone know?

These emails are supposed to be from June 5, correct? Who was blaming Terri on June 5, 24 hours after Ky was missing on what blog? Anyone know?

I think she felt her own guilt there.
I think for a few days everyone felt sorry for her also, til
stories came out about 'hitting the gym' and sexting!

Yeah, I can't remember ANYONE talking about Terri being suspect during that period. Many of you sleuthers read other blogs, facebook, etc. I don't. It would be interesting if there were any, because at that point I believe we were all told someone at the school saw Kyron at 9:00 and no one was talking about TH being suspect as she'd left a 8:45. Hmmmmm?

Answering my own question, it says she wrote the email to a KATU news source, so does that mean it was a blog underneath a report they put out on the 4th or 5th? Wonder if we could find that?

IIRC, immediately after the story hit the news, comments posted on news sites (below the articles) were already saying the stepmom was involved. IMO, that could be what she was referring to in her e-mail when she said "blogs".

Answering my own question, it says she wrote the email to a KATU news source, so does that mean it was a blog underneath a report they put out on the 4th or 5th? Wonder if we could find that?

I think it just means that she wrote the e-mail to a person that is providing information to KATU -- "a source," but I do see what you mean based on how it's worded.

Can anyone who lives in that area tell us whether that is normal idiom for Oregon?

1st generation native Oregonian here. I'm trying to think what I would say without being influenced by this discussion. If someone asked me where I was at a certain time, I think I would say..."somewhere around X/somewhere between X and X" or "sometime around" depending on the context. If I was going to meet someone, I would say, "I'll meet you sometime around noon" but more likely I would say "noonish". :) Not sure TH's saying "someplace" has any bearing on her guilt/innocence, but I thought I would answer the question. JMO

O/T Also take my linguistics lesson with a grain of salt, people think I sound Midwestern, which could be family influence. I also say "y'all" or "you folks" to avoid saying "you guys". That's a typically blue state PC thing to do. ;) :cow:

O/T I'm a (native Oregonian) copy editor and I talk wrong all the time. I e-mail wrong too. But at the same time, I'm secretly judging all your grammar mistakes and typos. :angel: J/K !!!!

I don't understand this :
"I didn't just drop him off, I spent time with him, took pictures and he was in safe hands I thought as I watched him walk down the hall.

Then :
"The past 2 weeks he's been acting really weird. Staring off into space. Can't remember anything. Walks into the room and then back out, stopping to stare and then move on. The doc thinks that he is having mini seizures and I made an appt on Thursday for next Friday to have him checked out."

She watches him walk down the hall thinking he is in safe hands, yet claims he is possibly having mini seizures, with a tendency to walk into a room and back out? If that were the case, wouldn't she walk with him all the way to his room?

The bolded part in the second paragraph is another way of explaining what happened...ooopps he must have walked in then walked out...that or, he was with some chaperon not on a list..

Too, why would she go 2 weeks without contacting the doctor for an appointment if Kyron was having these problems?

"I didn't just drop him off, I spent time with him, took pictures and he was in safe hands I thought as I watched him walk down the hall.

Then :
"The past 2 weeks he's been acting really weird. Staring off into space. Can't remember anything. Walks into the room and then back out, stopping to stare and then move on. The doc thinks that he is having mini seizures and I made an appt on Thursday for next Friday to have him checked out."

She watches him walk down the hall thinking he is in safe hands, yet claims he is possibly having mini seizures, with a tendency to walk into a room and back out? If that were the case, wouldn't she walk with him all the way to his room?

The bolded part in the second paragraph is another way of explaining what happened...ooopps he must have walked in then walked out...that or, he was with some chaperon not on a list..

Too, why would she go 2 weeks without contacting the doctor for an appointment if Kyron was having these problems?

Second bolded part by me...

Yeah, and not only that, but:

"That and it was highly chaotic - had to been 300 people running around - no coordination...."

He was not only having what she thought were seizures causing him to walk in and back out of rooms and not remember anything, but it was highly chaotic at school with 300 people running around and no coordination - apparently including Kyron's teacher who was either partially deaf or not capable of distinguishing a sentence about exhibits from a sentence about a doctor's appointment. And she felt like he was in safe hands as she "watched him" walk down the hall. Huh.

Then :

BINGO.

IMO liars just can't keep it all straight. What we're seeing now are lots of variations in the tales she's woven.

MOOS all around.

would it be safe to assume that she was upset and stressed... and not really caring about using proper grammar? you never said "put me down for 4" when someone was selling hoagies for the school band? someWHERE... somePLACE.. does it really matter?
i'm lucky if i can spell correctly when my fingers are flying and typing angry emails.
i think people are reading way too much into this... kind of like the ridiculousness of analyzing dede's tweets.. it's almost amusing.. then i remember there's a boy still missing..

IIRC, immediately after the story hit the news, comments posted on news sites (below the articles) were already saying the stepmom was involved. IMO, that could be what she was referring to in her e-mail when she said "blogs".

One of the things I distinctly recall about the early comments (as in, the day of or the day after 6/4) on one of the newsites, was a comment that said something to the effect of, "Look at the stepmom...hard." The comment stuck out, because none of the previous comments mentioned anything about the SM. I have tried, in vain, to locate that post. I would love to know who posted it.

And so, yes, there were folks "commenting" early on that the SM should be checked-out. I just don't feel that they were in the majority in any way, shape or form.

MOO.... (well, there actually may be others that think the way I do, but this definitely NOT the O of WS!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member