Tim Bosma: Dellen Millard & Mark Smich chgd w/Murder; Christina Noudga, Accessory #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously something more than the two accused typical, monthly, courtroom meeting. They were there in person and in the box together.

Wonder what's up with the greasy, long hair? :thinking: Gel or lack of hygiene on DM's part? I have to believe it's his own doing. If he has been denied access to bathe himself, he would be complaining to his lawyer(s) and there would be he!! to pay. ALL MOO.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 48m48 minutes ago
So...@thespec will be making an application to Justice Glithero asking to be allowed inside the court for the next date. #Bosma #hamont

Obviously something more than the two accused typical, monthly, courtroom meeting. They were there in person and in the box together.

Wonder what's up with the greasy, long hair? :thinking: Gel or lack of hygiene on DM's part? I have to believe it's his own doing. If he has been denied access to bathe himself, he would be complaining to his lawyer(s) and there would be he!! to pay. ALL MOO.

A lawyer would not be accessible prior to court IMO. They cant make phone calls whenever they feel like it from jail. He was clean shaven and probably was not given enough time to shower. Contrary to popular belief, I don't believe its like the Hilton in jail. JMO. Being in segregation he may have a rota to follow. JMO

Lawyers are available and accessible before court. How did Hank Bosma know DM and MS were appearing in court? There was communication likely from the Crown to TB's father. JMO

A lawyer would not be accessible prior to court IMO. They cant make phone calls whenever they feel like it from jail. He was clean shaven and probably was not given enough time to shower. Contrary to popular belief, I don't believe its like the Hilton in jail. JMO. Being in segregation he may have a rota to follow. JMO

BBM - Obviously and thankfully otherwise we would have many more people taking up residence in jails.

Respectfully, not given enough time to shower? Do you think his days are that busy he cannot find the time to shower at least once a week? Takes many days for someone's hair to appear greasy. That's why I suggested hair gel. I guess if one chooses, their day could be consumed with doing circuits, yoga and reading. MOO.

There's stuff happening right now in court. I just got in and there are many tweets from Susan Clairmont right now. Will post stuff here since the other thread is still gone:

Susan Clairmont @susanclairmont · 2h 2 hours ago
The surprises just keep coming at courthouse today. I'm now waiting on an appearance by Tim Bosma's accused killers, #Smich and #Millard.

Crown Tony Leitch has told me I may be excluded from courtroom if this is a judicial pretrial matter. #Bosma #hamont

Lawyers have just been called into chambers. #Bosma #smich #Millard #HamOnt

Lawyers back in courtroom. #Smich and #Millard are about to be brought in.

Justice Stephen Glithero, who will be the trial judge, is presiding.

Felled Millard is in prisoner's box. Hair is longer and greasier than I've seen before. Clean shaven. Looking to see who is in courtroom.

Wearing grey jacket. Will share box with Smich who is now here. He's wearing black and white striped shirt.

Glithero asking each to identify himself. Telling court they are going to discuss things that could be of a "controversial" nature.

usan Clairmont @susanclairmont · 1h 1 hour ago
Ordering today's hearing will be held in camera. Glithero spoke with me in front of court. Asked if I wanted to consult @thespec lawyer.

Susan Clairmont @susanclairmont · 1h 1 hour ago
Even though I said yes, Glithero advised he was going ahead with today's proceedings regardless. And then I was dismissed.

Susan Clairmont @susanclairmont · 1h 1 hour ago
Just to be clear -- all members of the public have been ordered to leave the courtroom. Including Hank #Bosma, Tim's father. #HamOnt

Susan Clairmont @susanclairmont · 55m 55 minutes ago
All the lawyers are on a 15 minute break. Crown Leitch says judge has told them to go and talk. About what, I have no clue. #Bosma #HamOnt

Susan Clairmont @susanclairmont · 20m 20 minutes ago
Lawyers going back into courtroom. And I'm still out in the hall...

There are other tweets between Susan and other reporters that you may want to read: https://twitter.com/susanclairmont

BBM - So quite possibly it is a judicial pretrial matter?

Did anyone notice if DM's jacket was an Armani or Alexander McQueen?

MOO.

Well Smich wore a black and white striped shirt. Ironic?

Tim Bosma trial judge to hold pre-trial hearing in-camera

The judge in the case of two men accused of killing Tim Bosma is conducting series of pre-trial hearings behind closed doors.

Justice Stephen Glithero ruled on Monday that three days of pretrial motions — which are often subject to a publication ban, but usually conducted in public — will be in-camera, with neither the media or members of the public allowed in the courtroom.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamil...to-hold-pre-trial-hearing-in-camera-1.2968659

Paradkar, who said he is Millard’s “expected counsel,” wouldn’t say whether he challenged Glithero’s decision.

“There are some issues that are like that so I don’t think it’s unusual.”

Smich’s lawyer, Thomas Dungey, has been retained.

Pretrial motions will continue at 10 a.m. on April 30 and again on May 1.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamil...to-hold-pre-trial-hearing-in-camera-1.2968659

So Paradkar is Millard's "expected counsel?" I guess DM needs to figure that part out pretty quickly.

BBM - Obviously and thankfully otherwise we would have many more people taking up residence in jails.

Respectfully, not given enough time to shower? Do you think his days are that busy he cannot find the time to shower at least once a week? Takes many days for someone's hair to appear greasy. That's why I suggested hair gel. I guess if one chooses, their day could be consumed with doing circuits, yoga and reading. MOO.

I think you will find that cells do not have an en suite. He may well shower once a week, so if he showered last Tuesday I can see why he would have greasy hair. It doesn't take many days for everyones hair to get greasy. Some can get greasy hair in a day or two, thats why we have shampoos for greasy hair, dry hair and dandruff. Not everyone is the same. Also I don't imagine there is much 'outside' time with temperatures way below freezing here in Ontario, so being inside and probably spending a lot of time lying down reading would contribute to greasy hair IMO. JMO

Christine Noudga, Millard's former girlfriend who has been charged with being an accessory after the fact to murder, "has no standing on this motion," says Leitch, meaning the issue related to the exclusion order affects only Smich and Millard.

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/5444701-family-press-barred-from-bosma-pretrial-motions/

Does this mean that what happened today is not related to Noudga or her trial?

It means it is not related to her trial. I guess thats not to say it wont affect her trial.

Bosma’s father Hank was in court today as well but the media along with anyone else who was there were asked to leave so they could discuss matters that were “controversial” and could not be published. This is not a publication ban which would have been normal for pre trial motions. We are still not sure why we were asked to leave.

http://www.chch.com/bosmas-accused-killers-court/

Christine Noudga, Millard's former girlfriend who has been charged with being an accessory after the fact to murder, "has no standing on this motion," says Leitch, meaning the issue related to the exclusion order affects only Smich and Millard.

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/5444701-family-press-barred-from-bosma-pretrial-motions/

Bearing in mind I'm no lawyer, but ... what motion? Judges don't bring forward motions and make their own rulings on them. Sounds like either Crown or defence brought forward a motion for the exclusion order.

I'm considering guilty pleas (motion by the defence), or security purposes (motion by either Crown or defence), or to protect an ongoing investigation (motion by the Crown). LOL, pick one or none of the above.

FWIW, Russ Williams had an in-camera pre-trial conference August 26, then October 7 his lawyer announced he would plead guilty, then his actual guilty plea was October 17.

The motion may not include her, but I wonder if her testimony will hang them both out to dry?

Glithero asking each to identify himself. Telling court they are going to discuss things that could be of a "controversial" nature.
Susan Clairmont @susanclairmont · 55m 55 minutes ago
All the lawyers are on a 15 minute break. Crown Leitch says judge has told them to go and talk. About what, I have no clue. #Bosma #HamOnt

Reading between the lines it sounds like there could be some issues which need to be resolved between DM and MS defense teams .... ie: Judge told the lawyers to "go and talk"

That would make sense because DM & MS are jointly charged , but may have individual defense strategies that do not harmonize

There are so many tentacles in (these cases) I expect they will have to have everything mapped out clearly before the actual trial starts , and even then it will look like a spider web.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarmenSanDiego314