Tim Miller Talks to Websleuths--

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you again, Friday! I have read some of your books and thoroughly enjoyed them!
My thoughts and prayers are with Tim!

Sorry Friday, I think I live under a rock but I will definitely check your books out (hey, I just did/commited a PUN) next time I'm at the library. I love mysteries, and now I feel that I have a connection to you through this board. (Not only that, but I adore TM.)

Thank you for the update from Tim. I would like to know if they searched Tony's house?In his transcript he said Casey took garbage from his apartment.The garbage bag may match the ones at his house. I am praying there is enough evidence to slam dunk Casey.

Wow, I'm impressed :) I often , very often wonder when reading on here "who" is behind the name. Thanks for filling in those of us who don't have time to do alot of searching :) And you are a fellow Texan also!

Thanks again to Tim, you and everyone else searching for missing loved ones. Tim is truly a man of honor, think I first came across him and his story etc when he was working with Rachel Cooke's father.. What a great man! I hope he takes time to rest and restore his health.

God Bless ya'll

(respectfully snipped)

An Olympic medalist could not have caught up with me in the "Screaming While Running" event that took place next.
I about fell outta my chair laughing when I read that the first time, and I can honestly say it's the best (and funniest and most accurate) description of Florida I've ever read! And Beck is right - you should have it published. Heck with Dave Barry, you put him to shame with that piece!!

Please let Tim know prayers and postive thoughts contine to come his way...

Snip:

Oh, whoa--I'm being given way too much credit again. I wouldn't know the difference between a UAV and a rectal thermometer. To me, an electrical wall outlet is a mystery and a television program is the result of magic. I know TES owns or rents very sophisticated equipment, but the only time I'm aware of the actual name of something is when it breaks and Tim is worried about the cost of repair.

This isn't to imply that I'm not deeply committed to what we do, but I'm more useful, and more compentent, when I'm in the background or on the sidelines. In truth, I've only been present during one search, which was in Orlando in October, and my it was not my finest hour. LOL

In fact, I kept a copy of a post about it, so here it is: "My One Day Career as a True TES Searcher." .........

If you haven't actually been at any of these search sites, forget the mowed fields we saw on Murt's cameras and forget the media's aerial shots of picturesque clearings surrounded by woods and bounded by pretty vegetation.

The reality is that Orlando has sprouted up in the midst of hundreds of thousands of acres of swampy, alligator-infested, snake-infested areas of dense foliage and trees that resemble “jungles” more than “woods.”

When you're up close and personal, standing at the edge of that barrier of dense tropical woods, things look a lot different and a lot more foreboding.

To give you an idea, last month, on a sunny cheerful morning, I was privileged to be alone with 8 TES and LE people at the site where the Size 6 Disney dress was discovered. The site bordered a perfectly civilized 2 lane road directly behind an industrial complex, and while LE's amazing dogs darted in and out along the road, I realized that Tim and Lisa had picked up some long sticks and were poking and prodding the underbrush along the road. I decided I should make myself useful and do a little "searching" too.

I walked right up to that impenetrable barrier of thick green, shoved some branches aside, stepped forward, and realized that 20 feet in front of me there was an enchanting little pond surrounded by rocks and shaded with overhanging branches. I started to take another step forward when John Allen pleasantly insisted, “Let’s throw a couple stones in there.” He handed me a stone roughly the size and shape of a hockey puck and kept a similar stone in his hand for himself.

Privately, I thought this was a very inappropriate time for us to have a “skipping stones” contest, but I acquiesced because, after all, he’s LE, and so I obediently flung my stone at the pond. I overshot the pond by an embarrassing distance, probably because my heart wasn’t in the game, or more likely, because I have lousy depth perception. “Your turn,” I told him, expecting him to mock my clumsy attempt, but all he did was hurl his own stone directly into the underbrush surrounding the edge of the pond. His shot wasn’t a whole lot better than mine, and I was going to mention that to him, but as his rock landed he whispered sort of imperatively, “Listen.”

I heard it immediately--a mysterious, exotic orchestra of Latin maracas. I’m a city girl, and I was enchanted by this unprecedented glimpse into Florida’s flora, fauna, and especially these delightfully noisy insects or frogs or whatever. “What’s making that sound?” I asked in a reverent whisper, tiptoeing forward another step.

He put a restraining hand on my arm. “Rattlesnakes.”

An Olympic medalist could not have caught up with me in the "Screaming While Running" event that took place next.

Heck! If had seen that post I would have known. So eloquent! Ya know, you should really look into becoming a novelist or something....

I was wondering if you had any info into how Tim is doing today? I have heard conflicting reports of whether he was in the hospital or out already.
I hope he is doing well.

You know, I am not a big believer in aura's or that type of thing, but I always felt that Tim had a heart as big as Texas. Those days when Padilla was searching the Little Econ and TM was on NG, he looked to tired of all the nonsense. I wanted to cry. I hope is doing better now.

In contrary, KC has a heart of stone. I believe in God's perfect justice. Maybe not in my time, but in His time. KC will get hers...

I was happy to see TM look so rejuvenated and alive on NG the other night. While I, like others had my doubts when the search was haulted, he obviously knows what he is doing and did the right thing. Thank the Lord for people like TM, and TES..most of all thanks to all the supporters out there that help keep TES afloat. TM made the right call and his expertise shined once again. I for one am ashamed that I doubted him for a second and for that I sincerely apologize.

Also, my mother LOVES your books and is going to be so jealous when I tell her how I ran into you in cyberspace.

I loved that story so much that I read it to everyone in my family! The stone-skipping "scene" (yes, I could actually see it) was priceless. Now that's good writing.

Thanks again, Friday.

Tim won't be at the memorial. He's just returned from leading a successful search and rescue for a 2 year old boy who'd been missing in Texas's Hill Country. (You can read about it on TES's site if you like).

Tomorrow, Tim will be heading a search for a Houston woman who was abducted several days ago.

He told me to assure you that he has not been banned in any way from attending the memorial; however, he simply cannot spare the time, and TES does not have the money, for a trip to Orlando right now. He also asked me to give all of you his regards.

I really didn't think that TM would be banned from the memorial. Imagine the public outcry if he were. Glad to hear that he is continuing his good work and he is in good health.

Tim won't be at the memorial. He's just returned from leading a successful search and rescue for a 2 year old boy who'd been missing in Texas's Hill Country. (You can read about it on TES's site if you like).

Tomorrow, Tim will be heading a search for a Houston woman who was abducted several days ago.

He told me to assure you that he has not been banned in any way from attending the memorial; however, he simply cannot spare the time, and TES does not have the money, for a trip to Orlando right now. He also asked me to give all of you his regards.

Thank you for the update. I just started reading your book Someone To Watch Over Me this morning.

Thank you, Friday, for the update. Please tell Tim we're all wishing him the best! Godspeed in the recovery of the missing Houston woman!

Thank you for the update, Friday!

Thanks for the update Friday. God bless Tim an TES.

Thanks for the update, Friday! GB TM, TES, and volunteers for finding that 2 year old boy! I am so grateful that TM is feeling better so that he can do what he does best and is most successful at - finding and locating the missing!

I am glad to know that he was not on the 'do not attend' list for Caylee's memorial. TM would not deserve that from anyone.

I just saw this thread for the first time, and have not read all of it. But I just wanted to say God bless you to Tim Miller, Friday and everyone else that is involved in his relentless search for the missing. I am sure there are many behind the scenes that help in many different ways, and I am thankful that you help the way you do. Tim, you are my hero, and I admire you more than words can say. Thank you.

Thanks for the update:) Give my love to Tim :blowkiss:

Thank you Friday for the up date! ((hugs)) to you, TES, and Tim :Banane59:

Thanks for the update, Friday. Tim is a true hero and his dedication to finding the missing is an inspiration to us all. May God be with him on his life long mission and we all will continue to pray for Tim and all the members of TES.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ANicholls16