Time of the crime?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
First, Melody Stanton told police she heard nothing. She later changed that to hearing the scream, saying she wasn't truthful at first because she "didn't want to get involved." Another time after that, she said the scream may have been "negative energy" coming from JonBenet. She said when she (allegedly) heard the scream she didn't look at the clock. She estimated it might have been around 2 a.m., but also said it could have been as early as midnight.

And on top of that, Ellis Armistead said that Melody Stanton said she may have the scream as many as two days before the murder.

At this point, I'm not even sure a scream was issued to be heard, or on what day.

And on top of that, Ellis Armistead said that Melody Stanton said she may have the scream as many as two days before the murder.

At this point, I'm not even sure a scream was issued to be heard, or on what day.

Sounds like to me the lady is crazy, and she didn't hear a scream at all.

NP or anyone -

Didn't Melody Stanton claim her husband heard the sound of metal scraping against concrete right after the scream? Makes me wonder what type garage door was on the Ramsey garage and whether the paving there was concrete.

NP or anyone -

Didn't Melody Stanton claim her husband heard the sound of metal scraping against concrete right after the scream? Makes me wonder what type garage door was on the Ramsey garage and whether the paving there was concrete.

Yep, that was used to bolster the intruder theory....the sound of the grate being removed from the window well.

Yep, that was used to bolster the intruder theory....the sound of the grate being removed from the window well.

OR the sound of the paint cans (found in the wineceller) being moved to make room for the body!

OR the sound of the paint cans (found in the wineceller) being moved to make room for the body!

Yep, I believe thats probably what it was. I don't for one second believe in the intruder theory, so there would have been no need to move the grate on the window well.

And the intact spider web on the grate in Colorado December make it unlikely that it was ever moved.

Well, I was leaning toward Mr. Stanton possibly having credibility but maybe not.

I read there is speculation about whether or not John or Patsy left the home during the night of December 25-26. I thought maybe they had a metal garage door with some of the rubber seal worn off and perhaps the driveway or garage floor was concrete.

I know detectives seemed to have had problems with the credibility of Mrs. Stanton's statement but I've not seen anything that discredited Mr. Stanton.

I'm fully satisfied in my mind about who I think did it. I'm just trying to iron out some details in my mind. I appreciate your inputs on this.

And the intact spider web on the grate in Colorado December make it unlikely that it was ever moved.

No, I have never thought that the grate was ever moved. I was just saying that the IDI's use that, to say that the intruder moved the grate, and that was the sound that the neighbor heard. Nobody moved that grate...the spider web was still intact.

Well, I was leaning toward Mr. Stanton possibly having credibility but maybe not.

I read there is speculation about whether or not John or Patsy left the home during the night of December 25-26. I thought maybe they had a metal garage door with some of the rubber seal worn off and perhaps the driveway or garage floor was concrete.

I know detectives seemed to have had problems with the credibility of Mrs. Stanton's statement but I've not seen anything that discredited Mr. Stanton.

I'm fully satisfied in my mind about who I think did it. I'm just trying to iron out some details in my mind. I appreciate your inputs on this.

Our garage door squeaks, and it SOUNDS like metal rubbing across concrete. Maybe thats what the neighbor heard...if he, in fact, heard anything...when the Ramsey's arrived home from the party. He may be like his wife and THINK that he heard something....sometimes you can psych yourself up over something, and think that you heard something that you really didn't.

#100******
Yesterday, 01:11 PM
Tober
*************************************************************************************************** Posts: 53*

Quote:

First, Melody Stanton told police she heard nothing. She later changed that to hearing the scream, saying she wasn't truthful at first because she "didn't want to get
she didn't look at the clock. She estimated it might have been around 2 a.m., but also said it could have been as early as midnight.
=============================================

Tober, You still did not answer my question which was this:
Originally Posted by Camper
Now then SD or anyone, can you refresh my memory on HOW we discovered that Ms Stanton had heard a scream around 1AM ?. Was it because she came
forward, or because LE canvassed the closest neighbors or more of the neighborhood?

From your response, WE don't know IF IF she contacted police or IF IF police contacted her - to be quoted that SHE did not hear anything.

Then you say she LATER said that she heard a scream - WAS this a LATER visit TO or BY the police OR??

You also say 'another' time she said it might have been negative energy - WAS this another or same visit to the police or by another police visit?
IT was also reported that Ms. Stanton WOKE her husband up, and HE then heard the scraping.

I personally, would not wake my husband up because of negative energy, OR because I had NOT heard a scream.

SuperDave are you around yet? WE don't really know HOW or IF any visit or HOW many visits the police MIGHT have made to visit Ms. Stanton, do WE?
The driveway to the garage several years ago as I drove slowly by in the alley was after the first property transfer was made. The alley was not paved nor surfaced the best I remember, it was a dirt alley ?, access from there is down a significant SLOPE DOWN to the R garage. IF my memory is not failing me the sloping driveway was concrete at that time.

There was a freezer in the basement near the duct so that could be what was moved....

I recall SkankySue talking about looking behind the freezer in the basement.

Could be where JonBenet initially was placed...it makes sense....freezers do smell and an odor of decay was noted on JonBenet.

So John moves JonBenet from behind the freezer to the wine cellar....

There was a freezer in the basement near the duct so that could be what was moved....

Could be where JonBenet initially was placed...it makes sense....freezers do smell and an odor of decay was noted on JonBenet.

So John moves JonBenet from behind the freezer to the wine cellar....

--->>>:clap::clap:

From your response, WE don't know IF IF she contacted police or IF IF police contacted her - to be quoted that SHE did not hear anything.

Then you say she LATER said that she heard a scream - WAS this a LATER visit TO or BY the police OR??

You also say 'another' time she said it might have been negative energy - WAS this another or same visit to the police or by another police visit?

When police canvassed the neighborhood on Dec. 26, that's when Melody told them she heard nothing. Then, a friend of Melody's (not Melody herself) contacted police to report that Melody heard the sceam. Shortly after that, Melody was interviewed at her home (I believe on Jan. 3), that's when she said she heard the scream. A follow-up interview at her home is when she made the "negative energy" comment. She said the scream might not have been audible, but might have been negative energy coming from JonBenet. She also said in the same interview that the scream was audible.

When police canvassed the neighborhood on Dec. 26, that's when Melody told them she heard nothing. Then, a friend of Melody's (not Melody herself) contacted police to report that Melody heard the sceam. Shortly after that, Melody was interviewed at her home (I believe on Jan. 3), that's when she said she heard the scream. A follow-up interview at her home is when she made the "negative energy" comment. She said the scream might not have been audible, but might have been negative energy coming from JonBenet. She also said in the same interview that the scream was audible.

--->>>Thank you for taking the time and trouble to dig that information up. Negative energy, hmmm. NOPEY, imop. She woke her husband, she told someone else. I wonder what she was afraid of, also wonder what other information some of the neighbors may have had about what they heard or saw, that was never told or discovered?

So John moves JonBenet from behind the freezer to the wine cellar....[/quote]

Makes sense to me.

I think someone got to Melody Stanton and warned her to clam up, so much so that the Stantons moved away from Boulder. That's why her statement waffled. I believe she did hear the scream, she woke her husband who then heard the metal scraping. I think that was the paint cans being moved. Also, remember there was a safe in the floor of that room, right under a sheet of black metal, which could also have been the cause of the scraping sound. A safe that could have been considered as a hiding place for the body. (as the suitcase could have been) -after rigor set in, even partially, manipulating the body would have been impossible, ruling out both of those places. If the duct conducted the scream outside for Melody to hear, the metal scraping in the same room could also have been heard that way.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste
Back