Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
New article. Pretty much the same:

Local couple questioned in case of missing girl

SOUTH YARMOUTH, Mass. -- Florida authorities have interviewed a couple in New England about the disappearance of Florida 6-year-old Haleigh Cummings, according to the Cape Cod Times.

Police say they will not comment on what is an ongoing investigation.
http://www1.whdh.com/news/articles/local/BO123719/

The article in the news link states: Her father's girlfriend, now his fiance, was the last person to see her. :waitasec:

Patty, it looks like two bodies. Different locations. But maybe I'm confused....sorry for OT.

Oh I see the swimmer's body was found the day he drowned. Teh...I almost didn't post the other link for fear of being off topic. But I thought that it might be related because there was no description for example whether child or adult. Usually they will say it appears to be an adult, etc.

It should stay there......I would be freaking out if I were Chelsea, having people know the details of her child's birth, the time she left the hospital, and the time when she moved to MA (if she actually has). Some of this is scary. And invasive. Why does anyone need to know this about someone???

Small town talk, I guess. I didn't see it posted down in the rumor thread, of course I rarely venture down in the pits, and I don't usually post what I've heard or been told anyway till I am sure of what I learned which was back in July. I don't feel the need to run here and say my source told me so and so did this or that. Yes, she actually has moved. Everything down in the rumor thread is pretty invasive, don't you think?

Small town talk, I guess. I didn't see it posted down in the rumor thread, of course I rarely venture down in the pits, and I don't usually post what I've heard or been told anyway till I am sure of what I learned which was back in July. I don't feel the need to run here and say my source told me so and so did this or that. Yes, she actually has moved. Everything down in the rumor thread is pretty invasive, don't you think?

But cajun, if you don't mind my saying...that's kinda why we have a rumor thread, don't you agree? You're right, things can get very invasive downstairs, but at least that is private. I didn't think anything posted downstairs nor anything that couldn't be verified could be posted here. At least what I have always been reminded of. Details of someones c-section, childs DOB, etc. can't POSSIBLY be relevant to HaLeigh's disappearance, can it?
Anyway, each to their own....this whole case is such a hot mess and I pray to God that LE is at least one step closer to giving HaLeigh the justice that she deserves...it is MY OPINION that she has already found the Peace that she needs. :( Poor baby....

It should stay there......I would be freaking out if I were Chelsea, having people know the details of her child's birth, the time she left the hospital, and the time when she moved to MA (if she actually has). Some of this is scary. And invasive. Why does anyone need to know this about someone???
I found out about the birth in a public newspaper listing the announcements. :eek: It does give details on the date and sex of the child. GMAB!

You are right about the truck; apparently Tommy Croslin did own it but according to Misty, Tommy sold it after Hank Sr apparently made a deal with him to keep the truck so Hank Sr could use it to attend medical appointments. Hank Sr allegedly gave Tommy $500 to keep the truck, but Tommy sold it after HaLeigh went missing. Timmy and Chelsea, who lived in Crescent City when HaLeigh disappeared, had borrowed the van that Lindsy owns. This van was moved, scratched, and had debris in the grille while it was at Timmy and Chelsea's home the night Haleigh went missing. They said they had a guest that night, cousin Joe, but whether or not Brandon was with Joe during his trip to TN is unclear to me.
There has been a lot of action since Agent Joliceur has come on board! Even though he maintains a low profile, I can't help but feel that he has been very aggressive in going through everything with a fine tooth comb. People have been reinterviewed - e.g., Tommy & Lindsy and now, potentially, Timmy & Chelsea (agree that we are not sure it's they that are the "couple" reported in MA). The red truck reportedly has been finally investigated by LE (per sky report). I can just hear Agent Joliceur now: "What the $#%#$ do you mean, the red truck was never searched??!!" Maybe new information has come from this latest round of interviewing and cross checking what different family members said. The pressure is on and people seem to be running scared now. It's about time!

I found out about the birth in a public newspaper listing the announcements. :eek: It does give details on the date and sex of the child. GMAB!

And it tells the delivery was via C-section? Tells when she was released from the hospital? That's some informative paper!

The truck did belong to Tommy who sold it right after Haleigh went missing and Tim found it. (So she must have been telling the truth about the truck.) He said it was still in Lisa's name as it had not been transferred over and LE took it in to examine it for evidence.

I don't understand why they would refer the case to the DA's office there either. I do hope it is a break. Including the DA sounds like charges are being filed or being anticipated in some way. It doesn't make a lot of sense if not. Since when does the DA's office run interference for LE?

I think it did in the Michelle Young case too. Harleysnana might know that. It could be an East Coast way of getting the case prosecutable before making charges. xox

Patty, it looks like two bodies. Different locations. But maybe I'm confused....sorry for OT.

Definitely two bodies. One was a drowned swimmer in the ocean, identity known. The other is in the St. Johns River, identity unknown. And still no update about it as far as I can tell.

~snipped~

Timmy got several rankings higher up on my suspect list when Misty said that he was the one relative that she could trust and who would always be there for her (or something to that effect). It made him sound like her go-to guy if she ever needed help to cover up an accident or something. Also the way she described him as beyond all suspicion of course immediately sounded suspicious to me, given it was Misty saying so. And he had access to the van and the blanket.

Timmy moved WAY up on my suspect list after watching the voice stress video. Misty talks about Joe possibly being the perp, then talks about Tommy's possible involvement.

Then she says something like, "So... if Tommy was involved, then so was Joe". Huh?? Seemed non sequitor to me. Then I figured that what she was trying to convey was ~ she believed that whoever drove the blue van that night was involved in Haleigh's disappearance, Tommy molested her, Joe molested her; therefore Joe was the van driver because he, like Tommy, was a child molester, and thus Timmy was most definitely not involved.

Not a very good argument, but Misty might well think it could convince someone or point attention away from her brother. I think Misty suspects Ron and fears, albeit perhaps at an almost unconscious level, that Timmy may also have been involved. I also think it's likely that, when it comes down to who she really cares about, it's gotta be Timmy, not Ron. Boyfriends come and go; brothers are forever. And a brother with whom she's had a life-long, good relationship with would, imo, be more important to a homeless 17 year old than a boyfriend with whom she'd had a mnyeh-yeh 7 or 8 month relationship.

My theory hasn't changed. I think Ron wanted Haleigh to disappear and that she was ultimately sold to sex-traffickers. If he had an accomplice, then imo Timmy is the most likely candidate. Whether or not Timmy was involved, I believe that if Misty suspected only Ron, and not her brother, then she would somehow manage to remember something she saw or heard that night - maybe something that woke her out of a sound sleep.

Defending Misty is not a popular position to take on these boards, I know. So I'll just state now that I'm not defending Misty; I'm defending Haleigh. If it turns out that Misty was directly involved in this crime, or lied to defend Ron and/or herself, then I'll volunteer to feed Misty to the alligators, bite by bite.

This post is my opinion only. Do not confuse with fact.

There has been a lot of action since Agent Joliceur has come on board! Even though he maintains a low profile, I can't help but feel that he has been very aggressive in going through everything with a fine tooth comb. People have been reinterviewed - e.g., Tommy & Lindsy and now, potentially, Timmy & Chelsea (agree that we are not sure it's they that are the "couple" reported in MA). The red truck reportedly has been finally investigated by LE (per sky report). I can just hear Agent Joliceur now: "What the $#%#$ do you mean, the red truck was never searched??!!" Maybe new information has come from this latest round of interviewing and cross checking what different family members said. The pressure is on and people seem to be running scared now. It's about time!

Thank you for confirming that LE has investigated the red truck. I believe Peggy N who has been on this case from the get go is the Chief Investigator and Agent Joliceur, from the Florida Department of Law Enforcement, who came on board recently specializes in gang-related activities. Altho we are not positive that Timmy and Chelsea were interviewed, they need to be.

Thank you for confirming that LE has investigated the red truck. I believe Peggy N who has been on this case from the get go is the Chief Investigator and Agent Joliceur, from the Florida Department of Law Enforcement, who came on board recently specializes in gang-related activities. Altho we are not positive that Timmy and Chelsea were interviewed, they need to be.
Also, the Steph Watts article on Sept 3 mentions the red truck:
"The title was never transferred to the new owner so the truck is still listed in Misty and Tommy’s mother name. The police were going to get the truck and process it. Hopefully it’s not too late."
http://stephww.wordpress.com/

Zephyr why do you think Ron would want HaLeigh to disappear? I don't believe that is the case, and no way would he sell her to anyone imo.

The article in the news link states: Her father's girlfriend, now his fiance, was the last person to see her. :waitasec:

Another mistake by the media in my opinion. Before I came to WS I took everything in print by a media outlet to be the gospel. Boy have I learned that that is the worst thing I could assume.lol.

Zephyr why do you think Ron would want HaLeigh to disappear? I don't believe that is the case, and no way would he sell her to anyone imo.

Holy Macaroni....I agree with you. I love the picture of Ronald and Haleigh brushing their teeth in the mirror together. He looked like a very proud father and enjoyed even doing these simple little things like teeth brushing with his children.

No disrespect Zephyr, I just always thought Ronald looked like the type of guy that would shoot anyone who looked at his family cross-eyed.

Cajun your avie is beautiful. Nice post. I think things are getting carried away and becoming too intrusive into the lives of those that may not have anything to do with this case other than being family. Eventually someone or some forum is going to get into litigation as the laws are becoming more defined. Like the beautiful model who sued the girl and won recently. There's a fine line there in sleuthing, being nosy and crossing lines. I posted downstairs how this wide web snare this case has grown into is grabbing presumed innocent family in unlike other cases we've had here. I'm thinking people think they have a right to do this to this family because of their social, economic and education backgrounds that there are no boundaries.

LE going to this couple and questioning them, brings hope back into the case, but until we have an inkling of where LE is going with this and why, we should show some honor and only use what is public. We'll probably have some details real soon and then we'll have something to speculate on. Things are moving along again, thankfully for Haleigh and those who are innocent and deserve some peace and answers.

Also, the Steph Watts article on Sept 3 mentions the red truck:
"The title was never transferred to the new owner so the truck is still listed in Misty and Tommy’s mother name. The police were going to get the truck and process it. Hopefully it’s not too late."
http://stephww.wordpress.com/

What significance does it have if the title of the vehicle was never transferred to the new owner? Who is responsible for transferring the title of a used vehicle?
The neighbors who spotted the red truck at Ron's have crucial info for the timeline. Altho Misty did not say whether she smoked pot with Tommy when he came to the home after Ron left and while his children were in Misty's care, it seems reasonable to assume that Misty smoked pot with him IMO. Timmy and Chelsea's Anniversary is Feb 11. They married in 2006.

And it tells the delivery was via C-section? Tells when she was released from the hospital? That's some informative paper!
Is there some reason this should be privileged information if it is widely known by family and friends? Last time I checked there were only two ways to deliver a baby. Let's flip a coin and see which one comes up. We know she didn't have it through her nose.

The average time now for any woman to stay after a birth regardless of the method of delivery providing it was without complications is two days. No rocket science involved there either.

Is it important to know? Yes. Is it important to figure out why a person who just had a baby would immediately pack up and leave town within days of having a baby when their sister is the key figure in a missing person case? You betcha. Why the rush? It is extremely out of the ordinary. I have never known one woman who would do such a thing. Not one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor