Titanic tourist sub goes missing in Atlantic Ocean, June 2023 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Looks like Defendants are: OceanGate, Inc., The Estate of R.S Rush III, Tony Nissen, Electroimpact, Inc., Janicki Industries, Inc. and Hydrospace Group, Inc.
Tony Nissen was the head of engineering for OceanGate.

It looks like Electroimpact, Janicki Industries, and Hydrospace Group are all engineering/manufacturing firms. I would guess that they were involved in the design and/or construction of the Titan.

Tony Nissen was the head of engineering for OceanGate.

It looks like Electroimpact, Janicki Industries, and Hydrospace Group are all engineering/manufacturing firms. I would guess that they were involved in the design and/or construction of the Titan.
I looked it up and Nissen actually left OceanGate in 2019 according to his LinkedIn. If I recall correctly, they rebuilt the Titan in 2020. Of course I don't know anything about the basis for their lawsuit, but to me it seems like they are on pretty shaky ground to pursue someone who only worked on the previous version and left four years before the implosion.

I wonder why they are suing this guy and not whoever took over the role after he left. Maybe no one did?

I looked it up and Nissen actually left OceanGate in 2019 according to his LinkedIn. If I recall correctly, they rebuilt the Titan in 2020. Of course I don't know anything about the basis for their lawsuit, but to me it seems like they are on pretty shaky ground to pursue someone who only worked on the previous version and left four years before the implosion.

I wonder why they are suing this guy and not whoever took over the role after he left. Maybe no one did?
I don't know if the role was filled or there was was any "shuffling" as is sometimes seen in smaller companies. But Nissan is alive. I'm not an attorney but (cynically) I think a lawsuit that contains some live defendants, people who may be frantic about losing everything, may be easier to win against than when all the defendants are
dead. Estates don't respond the way living defendants may.
But that's entirely JMO.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum