TN - Anthony D. Andrews beats girlfriends 2-year old son to death with braided dog toy - September 6, 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Ebon

Former Member
Reaction score

Anthony-D.-Andrews-Shelby-County-Sheriffs-Office.jpg

A 22-year-old man in Tennessee was arrested this week for allegedly killing his girlfriend’s 2-year-old son, beating the child to death with a dog toy.

“[The victim’s mother] stated that she was aware that Mr. Andrews disciplines her child and has seen him use a belt or braided dog toy to strike the child when disciplining him,” police wrote in the affidavit. “[The victim’s mother] also stated that she recently noticed excess bruising and wounds on her child but was told by Mr. Andrews that the child had fallen out of bed.”

“During the statement, Anthony Andrews admitted to hitting the child with a belt ‘harder than he should’ a few weeks before this incident, as well as striking the child 7 to 8 times with a braided dog toy in the back, face, and buttocks area on the morning of Sept. 4, 2023,” the affidavit states. “Andrews also admitted to striking the child with an open hand in the chest at least once or twice before shoving the child into a corner.”

After beating the toddler, Andrews allegedly told police that he put the boy back in bed. However, Andrews said that several minutes later he saw the boy fall out of the bed, which is when he noticed that the child was unresponsive and called 911.

Anthony Andrews was charged with aggravated child abuse and aggravated child neglect. His sister, Britnee Andrews, says he is a hard-working person who loves kids, and she believes the 2-year-old’s death had nothing to do with her brother’s discipline.

“He loved that little baby,” Britnee Andrews said. “That’s not his biological son, but he would never hurt that baby.”

She says her brother “whooped” the toddler but doesn’t believe it was ever excessive, despite what Anthony Andrews’ arrest affidavit claims.

“My brother loves kids. He is so good with my kids, and I know he couldn’t hurt anyone,” she said. “He did not beat that boy to death. The autopsy is not out, and I won’t believe that my brother did anything until I see it myself.”

Anthony Andrews is currently being held on $250,000 bond. He is due back in court Thursday.
Police: Toddler dead after being hit with braided dog toy; mother’s boyfriend charged

BFYOQJSMJVAF3DPNNCF5DME3GY.png
2-year-old Anthony Bakare with a black eye and swollen lip. Anthony Andrews, the man charged with the toddler's abuse, allegedly told family members the wounds resulted from the toddler falling off of a trampoline.
[snip]
“He did not beat that boy to death,” she said. “The autopsy is not out and I won’t believe that my brother did anything until I see it myself.”

Anthony Andrews is currently being held at 201 Poplar on $250,000 bond.

He’s due back in court on Thursday.
‘He loved that little baby’: Family members defend accused child abuser after 2-year-old’s death

Anthony Andrews was charged with aggravated child abuse and aggravated child neglect. His sister, Britnee Andrews, says he is a hard-working person who loves kids, and she believes the 2-year-old’s death had nothing to do with her brother’s discipline.

“He loved that little baby,” Britnee Andrews said. “That’s not his biological son, but he would never hurt that baby.”

She says her brother “whooped” the toddler but doesn’t believe it was ever excessive, despite what Anthony Andrews’ arrest affidavit claims.

“My brother loves kids. He is so good with my kids, and I know he couldn’t hurt anyone,” she said. “He did not beat that boy to death. The autopsy is not out, and I won’t believe that my brother did anything until I see it myself.”

Anthony Andrews is currently being held on $250,000 bond. He is due back in court Thursday.
Police: Toddler dead after being hit with braided dog toy; mother’s boyfriend charged

BFYOQJSMJVAF3DPNNCF5DME3GY.png
2-year-old Anthony Bakare with a black eye and swollen lip. Anthony Andrews, the man charged with the toddler's abuse, allegedly told family members the wounds resulted from the toddler falling off of a trampoline.
[snip]
“He did not beat that boy to death,” she said. “The autopsy is not out and I won’t believe that my brother did anything until I see it myself.”

Anthony Andrews is currently being held at 201 Poplar on $250,000 bond.

He’s due back in court on Thursday.
‘He loved that little baby’: Family members defend accused child abuser after 2-year-old’s death

B and U by me.

Sister dearest, NO, he did not love this boy, and YES, he did murder him. IMO

What he was doing to this toddler was NOT discipline.

I raised five children, have many grands and a few greats, and NONE have ever looked like that, even after bike wrecks, falls, etc.

Sickening, disgusting, and vile. Monstrous. The mother should face charges, too, for aiding and abetting the torture and death of her son.

Britnee Andrews says her brother, 22-year-old Anthony Andrews, is a hard-working person who loves kids, and that two-year-old Anthony Bakare’s death on Monday had nothing to do with her brother’s discipline.

“He loved that little baby,” Britnee said. “That’s not his biological son, but he would never hurt that baby.”

2-year-old Anthony Bakare with a black eye and swollen lip. Anthony Andrews, the man charged...

First responders arrived at Anthony’s Oakville home around 6 a.m. Monday to find his girlfriend’s toddler not breathing, bleeding from his mouth, and with bruises across his small body.

The two-year-old was rushed to a local hospital but did not survive.

According to the Memphis Police Department, Anthony admitted to striking the toddler “seven to eight times” with a braided dog toy in the back, face, and buttocks Monday morning and that a few weeks beforehand, he hit the child “harder than [he] should [have]” with a belt.

Police arrested and charged Anthony with aggravated child abuse and aggravated child neglect, but Britnee says she doesn’t believe the picture that’s being painted of her brother.

“My brother loves kids,” Britnee said. “He is so good with my kids, and I know he couldn’t hurt anyone.”

She says her brother “whooped” the toddler, but doesn’t believe it was ever excessive, despite what Anthony’s arrest affidavit says.

The toddler’s mother corroborated the details Anthony told police, telling MPD that she’s seen more bruises on her son lately, but her boyfriend brushed off as being due to her son “falling off the bed.”

However, Britnee stands by the fact her brother is innocent.

Just hoping the first responders will be asked what they saw when they took the little guy to the hospital -- I'm sure at least some of the responders have seen this type thing before, and they probably know the difference in a fall and in a beating. Certainly the folks at the hospital know abuse when they see it.
Just glad that Andrews has been charged and is in jail.
Also glad that Bakare is also charged.
That sweet little guy didn't stand a chance...
This situation is just now getting started WRT Mr. Andrews and Bakare.
Certainly there will be more severe charges before long.

That sweet, pretty boy -- fly high little one, you will never be hurt again.

mom has also now been charged in regards to Anthony's death
------------------------------------------------------
MEMPHIS, Tenn. (WMC) - Shelby County Jail records show Sharday Bakare, 26, was booked Tuesday on a $1,000,000 bond after extradition from Texas.

U.S. Marshals in Texas captured Bakare in mid-June.

She is charged with first-degree murder, aggravated child neglect, and aggravated child abuse following the death of her two-year-old son Anthony Bakare in September.
[snip]
Andrews is due back in court on July 24. He remains behind bars on a $750,000 bond.

Sharday’s court date has not yet been set.
Mom whose 2-year-old died after alleged discipline involving braided dog toy booked on $1M bond

According to official reports, on May 14, 2024 a warrant was issued for Sharday Bakare for first degree murder, aggravated child neglect, and aggravated child abuse.

USMS Two Rivers Violent Fugitive Task Force (TRVFTF) in Memphis took over the case but later learned that Bakare was in Texas and helped USMS North Texas Fugitive Task Force in Dallas with investigative leads, official reports show.

U.S. Marshals found Bakare on June 17, 2024 at a residence in Glenn Heights, Texas, official reports show.
$1 million bond set for Memphis woman charged with murder of 2-year-old, sheriff's office says

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klaus28
Back