GUILTY TN - CT, 9, Rogersville, 4 May 2016 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Purchasing the swimsuit, lip gloss, camping chair, etc. for CT makes me wonder if perhaps Gary Simpson tried to mask his depravity by taking her shopping for things she liked. Maybe she picked them out. Maybe she picked some food out at the Save-A-Lot.

I do hope investigators (and the media) give her and her family some space.

I can tell this girl has a very bright spirit.

She didn't pick out the bathing suit, undies and polish. He was alone at walmart.

Did you buy that bathing suit to take your daughter to a cabin in the hills with no swimming area?

I'm not trying to be snarky, it just defies belief considering how few things he took, that he bought a sexy bathing suit for this child when there was no where to swim.

Given where they were found, I would think some jeans and sweatshirts would be more useful. Only one reason he bought that bathing suit. IMO.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Ohhhhhh, thank you for clarifying that.
I thought she was at both Walmart and Save-A-Lot. Ewww.

Thank you. We are back to that again tonight. Like she looks perfectly fine and great and he probably wanted her in a van for 9 days to innocently hang out. She does not look perfectly fine, to me! Her mouth looks happy and her eyes look broken and sad. It is a mask I suspect she has had to wear for a long time. The van is being DNA tested. I don't think that is so they can see who slept on which seat. I sincerely cannot believe the vast amount of posts believing this man is just a minor inconvenience and not a serious child predator. Its like she has to be ripped open in two pieces for people to believe that a serious crime has happened to her. HE IS A MONSTER!!!!!!!!!!!!! Who stole a child. And terrorized her, keeping her in a van in the woods away from her family for a week. While wearing a bikini, nail polish and lipstick. With other people who have reported being molested by the same man! And being too terrified of him to tel! They don't matter? Their word means nothing? I just can't.

CT, baby---- don't ever let someone tell you "Oh, so he only (blank)?" and act like it isn't the most horrible thing to live through. You have been treated in a way no child should ever be treated. You have been through things no adult should ever have to. Hug your teddy bear, tight, baby. Hold your sister's hand. Let her be your safe place. I will hope that you have days full of bubbles and rainbows and puppy dogs for the rest of your life. You have survived the unthinkable. You are so important. You are so loved. <3

This post just made me cry. [emoji22]
But AMEN!!

I don't really think it's our business to know if she was abused while she was with him or before she was taken... physically or otherwise. I just thank the good Lord that she's back home now and she's safe.

"C has been seen by physicians and she is in good health. We don't see any physical damage."
- DA Dan Armstrong

http://www.wbir.com/mb/news/local/watch-carlie-trents-reunion-with-her-little-sister/190512694

Awesome news.

There is a lot more to that quote. I don't want it sound like I want her to have been harmed.

The DA continued, "She has a lot she has gone through, A lot she gonna have to overcome." I am hoping that she was not sexually abused. I think the psychological aspects may be tough. I am relieved that they have specific professionals talking to her so the evidence of her ordeal is as pure and reliable as possible. I wish her only the best for her recovery.

There is a lot more to that quote. I don't want it sound like I want her to have been harmed.

The DA continued, "She has a lot she has gone through, A lot she gonna have to overcome." I am hoping that she was not sexually abused. I think the psychological aspects may be tough. I am relieved that they have specific professionals talking to her so the evidence of her ordeal is as pure and reliable as possible. I wish her only the best for her recovery.

Thank you. I was coming to post the same thing. The DA saying "we don't see any physical damage" automatically makes her not abused???? The way he said "she has a LOT she has gone through, a lot to overcome" was much more powerful than the "no physical damage" part. I know plenty of people who have had sex and plenty of children who were molested (especially after it has been happening for some time!) who don't have any "physical damage", per se. No physical damage to a DA and no physical damage to a physician are probably very different.

This thread is for CT. She is a victim. I do not think there is a single person who can say they think this was some fun trip to Disney World for her. So stop minimizing what Gary the kidnapper did. It is irresponsible and insensitive to her. I don't care what Anyone thinks he did or did not do. He 100% kidnapped her and held her against her will. She deserves support. Oh, and she is a little child! It is a pretty easy assumption that no matter what she went through "deep inside her soul" is some seriously scary things she has to deal with. But, diminish and make light of what happened to a child, if it makes you feel better.

People will avoid the obvious in order to not deal with something as uncomfortable as sexual abuse. I have experienced it first hand. People still defend my father even though there was evidence.

From one survivor to another, I am glad you are here.

Not a religious person, but I'm gonna give you three Amens here; Amen, Amen, and Amen (from one survivor to another)!!!

I am so very glad that this sweet little girl was found alive and recovered. It's so wonderful to have this outcome when so many abductions end in death or a horrible limbo of never knowing. I hate that she had to experience this, but am so thankful that she was found!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I remember last Saturday night (well, everyday since Wednesday) scouring the new for any new news of CT. SO VERY HAPPY SHE IS HOME WITH HER DADDY AND SISTER! I too have a 9 year old and I have hugged her just a little tighter every night since this started. So glad CT came home.

It was the best news and so may cases we follow a child is deceased or never found.

Purchasing the swimsuit, lip gloss, camping chair, etc. for CT makes me wonder if perhaps Gary Simpson tried to mask his depravity by taking her shopping for things she liked. Maybe she picked them out. Maybe she picked some food out at the Save-A-Lot.

I do hope investigators (and the media) give her and her family some space.

I can tell this girl has a very bright spirit.

BBM. She didn't. He purchased those items at Walmart before he picked her up, but I agree that he was probably grooming her (in the predatory sense-not hygiene).

<modsnip>BBM.:winner: Noone here claimed to have any "evidence" against Gary Simpson. All that will come out in due time, but his motives were not pure, even if she doesn't physically exhibit signs of molestation- neither did I. It still emotionally traumatizes me, and that was over 40 years ago.

<modsnip>

Of course that is good. That is wonderful.

But just because she was seen laughing and playing, it does not mean she was not sexually abused or suffered during the abduction.

I was responding to those who seem to feel like this guy was kind and protective of her.

The way I look at it is, if she were ku daughter and ger kidnapper bought those, what would i think? It damn sure wouldnt be "oh he is just taking care of her"

Me either. I don't think he was just taking care of her. He is a who kidnapped a 9 year old and kept her from her father and sister. For 8 days. ugh.

Of course that is good. That is wonderful.

But just because she was seen laughing and playing, it does not mean she was not sexually abused or suffered during the abduction.

I was responding to those who seem to feel like this guy was kind and protective of her.

I said nothing about the video of her.
I only quoted the DA. That is what I meant by not physically harmed. Those were HIS words.
We've seen abduction victims come back so injured they can't have children later.
I thought it was a great sign that the DA said she wasn't physically harmed.
Others disagree and feel she was still brutalized.
I'm choosing to have hope that it's not that bad. <modsnip>

Wow. Last time I was on this thread, everyone was celebrating that little C was back home, safe and sound--with her family.

Very disheartening to read some of these posts.

In time, we will find out what happened and why. For the time being, I'm going to continue to be thankful that C is home safe. We don't get to see that very often.

Clicking thanks isn't enough. Well stated!

We need to all focus on being thankful that she is alive, safe and with those who will make sure she gets the best care possible. I don't think that her family or LE will settle for less for this brave little girl! MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vanamburga
Back