TN TN - Dandridge, WhtMale 41-50, UP1547, living photo, 20+ diff IDs, Canadian tag, Jun'03

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It is really frustrating, the lack of details, I understand why LE didn't release their names, but it would be nice to know, where JD traveled and stayed, if he stole those IDs.

Is there anything, in the newspaper, when he was found?

It was a few hours, after he died, even his eye color isn't in the description, or his clothes, no personal items?

The place, he rented seems nice, did he pay cash or credit card?
It doesn't look like a cheap place to live, tbh.
Sorry, I just find it fascinating, and the lack of details only fuel that.
Maybe I'm confusing this with another case -- but iirc, upthread someone found a local media article stating that this man's body was found while/after the house burned? The building we see today was built a couple years after the discovery of his remains?

Again, the fire may have been a different case, sorry.

I emailed the newspaper editor and the library contact:

I participate in the WebSleuths online community. Recently, an unexplained death in Dandridge, Tennessee was posted on the forum:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-Dandridge-WhtMale-41-50-living-photo-June-03

You gentlemen are uniquely equipped to locate & pass on information about this death and any investigation of it.

Please share what you know, and what your collections hold about this unexplained death.

Thank you!

I can share the names & email addresses I found, but hesitate to post those here.

We'll see if there is a response....

I tried this back in 2015 -- crickets.

Maybe someone else would have better results?

I do not use Facebook much -- might be a good avenue today?

Maybe I'm confusing this with another case -- but iirc, upthread someone found a local media article stating that this man's body was found while/after the house burned? The building we see today was built a couple years after the discovery of his remains?

Again, the fire may have been a different case, sorry.
I think it was you that suggested this? ;)
1679213120232.png

What about this gentleman? He would have been 40 in 2003. Height is 2 inches off but that's ok for me. Mr. Amjadi was recently separated from his wife. Shortly before his disappearance, Mr. Amjadi told his wife that he had a new, high-paying job <from his thread> Canada's Missing | Case details

1679500309288.png1679500346188.png

Last edited:
I think new info in NamUs:

"Decedent was renting and living in the basement using an alias at the time of death. He had over 20 different identifications in his possession at the time. All identifications were verified and found to be alive. He also had in his possession a Canadian tag registered to a company in Canada, no leads were generated."​
This is pure insanity. What was this guy on the run from? It's one thing to live your life in one other person's name, but to have 20 false IDs? Why has this case not gotten more publicity? It's fascinating.
What do they mean by "Canadian tag"? I was googling this... I mean they could mean a car tag BUT it wouldn't make any sense unless it was on a Canadian licence plate (the little tags you'd have to get every year and put on your licence plate) and they didn't mention that. I did see one page that referred to a "tag" as the "metal plate" (I'm assuming they mean licence plate) for a car... I wonder if they mean that he had a Canadian licence plate at the residence or loose in the car... Perhaps so he could switch the plate again if he was once again in Canada for a period of time. BUT obviously the info. on the tag didn't help them or we'd know who he was so perhaps it was a stolen plate (if "tag" is referring to the licence plate.) We really don't know what they even mean by "tag" unfortunately so it's all speculation on this point unfortunately.

Last edited:
What about this gentleman? He would have been 40 in 2003. Height is 2 inches off but that's ok for me. Mr. Amjadi was recently separated from his wife. Shortly before his disappearance, Mr. Amjadi told his wife that he had a new, high-paying job <from his thread> Canada's Missing | Case details

View attachment 410449View attachment 410450
I could be wrong but I don't think it's him... the eyebrows and nose look different to me. I think he looked a lot like the Canadian cabbie though that was posted BUT I was just comparing the info. and I think the height difference is too much... I mean they estimated the deceased to be 5'5" and that would be a short man. Whereas the cabbie is listed as 6'1" which is moderately tall... That's a 8" difference... While I could understand an estimate being off by maybe 2" or 3", I think it's unlikely to estimate a 6'1" man to be 5'5".

Last edited:
What do they mean by "Canadian tag"? I was googling this... I mean they could mean a car tag BUT it wouldn't make any sense unless it was on a Canadian licence plate (the little tags you'd have to get every year and put on your licence plate) and they didn't mention that. I did see one page that referred to a "tag" as the "metal plate" (I'm assuming they mean licence plate) for a car... I wonder if they mean that he had a Canadian licence plate at the residence or loose in the car... Perhaps so he could switch the plate again if he was once again in Canada for a period of time. BUT obviously the info. on the tag didn't help them or we'd know who he was so perhaps it was a stolen plate (if "tag" is referring to the licence plate.) We really don't know what they even mean by "tag" unfortunately so it's all speculation on this point unfortunately.
Hi and welcome @Nef I always had a tag from my company to enter certain secured buildings (after opening hours, after the receptionist had gone) If I had lost it and didn't reported it missing, theoretically somebody else could have used it to get in. Yes, we don't exactly know what kind of tag he had, but investigating that didn't bring LE any further.

Hi and welcome @Nef I always had a tag from my company to enter certain secured buildings (after opening hours, after the receptionist had gone) If I had lost it and didn't reported it missing, theoretically somebody else could have used it to get in. Yes, we don't exactly know what kind of tag he had, but investigating that didn't bring LE any further.
Thanks for the welcome!

Awww, I see, I wonder if the pic they put up was from the "tag" then if "tag" was referring to a company ID as some of the commenters were saying it looked like a work ID. IF that was the case, I am assuming it must've been false or else it should've helped identify him. Interesting to wonder what they were referring to exactly...

Thanks for the welcome!

Awww, I see, I wonder if the pic they put up was from the "tag" then if "tag" was referring to a company ID as some of the commenters were saying it looked like a work ID. IF that was the case, I am assuming it must've been false or else it should've helped identify him. Interesting to wonder what they were referring to exactly...

imho -- that picture may be from an international driver's permit obtained through a AAA (Triple A) office.

The image on the first page of the thread shows the AAA logo to the left of the man's face, our right looking at the image.

LE knows, but has yet to share much with us.

imho -- that picture may be from an international driver's permit obtained through a AAA (Triple A) office.

The image on the first page of the thread shows the AAA logo to the left of the man's face, our right looking at the image.

LE knows, but has yet to share much with us.
Oh yes, I remember reading that. Would make sense too if he was from Canada.

It is my understanding that AAA only issues international drivers permits to US citizens/permanent residents. It is honored by 150 countries. Other countries also offer international drivers permits, but they must be issued in the country of your drivers license. So Canadian citizens with Canadian drivers licenses must get their IDP through CAA. Since we're thinking our Doe's IDP was issued by AAA, he would have to be (or be passing himself off as) an American.

Well with 20 fake ID's, I imagine it would be easy enough for him to pass himself off as an American. Additionally, Canadians (if he was Canadian) can pass easily as American if they are trying to do so (and actually, most of the time, even when they aren't. lol) I say that because most of my online friends through the years have been American and they would have a lot of contact with me in text and voice and they would always think I was American till I told them I wasn't. Same thing would happen with other Canadians in our group, so long as they were Anglophone Canadians.

October 6, 2023
WATE

According to NamUs, the man whose case number is #UP1547 was approximately 5’5″ tall, 209 pounds, and was estimated to be between the ages of 41 and 50 years old. It was estimated that he had only been dead for hours when he was found.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Justicefornicky
Back