Found Deceased TN - Elber Gomez-Velasquez, 29, left scene of a crash, poss intoxicated, Memphis, 4 Sept 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
MEMPHIS, Tenn. — Memphis Police have issued a City Watch Alert for a missing man after they said he left the scene of an accident.

Police are looking for 29-year-old Elber Gomez-Velasquez. MPD said he was last seen on the 4600 block of Winchester, and the police also said he was apparently intoxicated and leaving the scene of a crash at the time.

Police said he is about 5’1″, and he weighs about 145-150 lbs with black hair and brown eyes. Police said he was last seen wearing white boxer shorts and nothing else.

If you think you’ve seen this man, you are urged to contact Memphis Police at 901-545-COPS (2677).

ELBER-photo.jpg

UPDATE: Memphis Police have canceled the City Watch Alert for Elber Gomez-Velasquez.

Article above updated to say he was found dead. Gosh I wonder what happened after he left the ditch? RIP Elber.

"Police said he was found dead in the 3800 block of Knight Arnold Road. They said the cause of death is unknown, but there were no signs of foul play".

The accident was in the 4600 block of Winchester Rd, so I wonder how he made it to the 3800 block of Knight Arnold Road? Poor guy.

1662418824609.png

The accident was in the 4600 block of Winchester Rd, so I wonder how he made it to the 3800 block of Knight Arnold Road?

View attachment 364429
He was more than likely swept there by the creek. I assume that the "ditch" that they jumped into was probably Tenmile Creek (or at least connected to the creek). The location where he was found (on Knight Arnold Road) is right by a bridge over Tenmile Creek and the creek is very close to the address on Winchester.

I'm from a state north of there and there were storms with decent amounts of rain rolling through over the weekend. I definitely don't live in the Memphis area, but if there was widespread rain over most of Kentucky, things should have been similar in Tennessee. If he didn't die of injuries from the wreck, he could have drowned. Either way, the swollen creek is what moved him.

MEMPHIS, Tenn. — Memphis Police have issued a City Watch Alert for a missing man after they said he left the scene of an accident.

Police are looking for 29-year-old Elber Gomez-Velasquez. MPD said he was last seen on the 4600 block of Winchester, and the police also said he was apparently intoxicated and leaving the scene of a crash at the time.

Police said he is about 5’1″, and he weighs about 145-150 lbs with black hair and brown eyes. Police said he was last seen wearing white boxer shorts and nothing else.

If you think you’ve seen this man, you are urged to contact Memphis Police at 901-545-COPS (2677).

ELBER-photo.jpg

It’s interesting his cousin was with him and jumped into the ditch with him, but they must have gotten separated? I can see how that would happen if the ditch was actually a creek, as the poster above mentioned.

Also, it says the second car left the scene as well. I wonder if the second car left right away? If so, why did Elber and his cousin ditch the car and take off on foot? Just seems like a sad, senseless death for poor Elber. Glad nobody else else was hurt in the accident.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back