Found Deceased TN - Eliza "Liza" Fletcher, 34, Abducted while jogging 4:30 am, forced into SUV, Central Ave near Univ of M, personal items found, Memphis 2 Sept 2022

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO there are 3 reasons cops would take her car: 1. Routine investigation to run the computer data and see if any unexpected destinations/habits come up; 2. A neighbor’s ring camera caught someone prowling the car; 3. A neighbor’s ring camera caught the car leaving/coming back on a suspicious schedule overnight.
Unfortunately I can think of some other reasons. For instance, if the car was very recently used, and they need to check if the person who had used it was carrying any trace evidence such as blood while driving it.

IMO there are 3 reasons cops would take her car: 1. Routine investigation to run the computer data and see if any unexpected destinations/habits come up; 2. A neighbor’s ring camera caught someone prowling the car; 3. A neighbor’s ring camera caught the car leaving/coming back on a suspicious schedule overnight.
Do we know for sure that the white SUV towed from the home is hers? Or could it be the husbands?

Any locals can give insight into what type of Park this is? Large, small, open areas, dense trees, etc?
All the above. It's quite large and is probably one of the most popular places for running within the city, at least during daylight. There's woods, trails, and large open areas. Also a well know spot for meetups of all types, both good and bad.

Do we know and/or is there a way to know if police removing things in evidence bags is happening because of a warrant as opposed to happening with voluntary consent of the homeowner?
I don’t think we have any way of knowing for sure. From the posted photos online, it looks more like a search warrant to me. Just a guess.

I don’t think we have any way of knowing for sure. From the posted photos online, it looks more like a search warrant to me. Just a guess.
I’m very curious. To get a search warrant for her home would require probable cause that it was the scene of a crime or contained evidence pertinent to the commission of a crime, right?

Sounds like it was at the site. The smashed thing troubles me, as it seems like an unnecessary step, and probably not all the likely to occur from a simple drop (cracked is one thing).
Snipped and BBM.

This is always one of those things that gets me. I wish they would be specific. Smashed? Cracked? Broken? Run over? The exact words would be very telling about what went down.

So police towed away a white van from Fletchers home. Also they removed several boxes of items from her house.

Now why would police tow a family vehicle and remove boxes of stuff from her house? Unless, perhaps they are looking very, very close to her home for suspects in her kidnapping? MOO

"FOX13 was there as law enforcement searched Fletcher’s home. Authorities carried out several items from the residence and towed away a white van before leaving for the day."

I’m very curious. To get a search warrant for her home would require probable cause that it was the scene of a crime or contained evidence pertinent to the commission of a crime, right?
I think that sometimes they do get a warrant to collect personal items such as laptops, phones, etc to look into the victim’s circumstances in order to preserve evidence, but for the most part warrants are for evidence of a crime, yes.

Good find! She's a quite fast runner, finished first woman overall in two recent 25k trail races and the 90-100% rankings are impressive (that's how you compare to others of the same gender/age). It would probably annoy her to be called a jogger.

ETA If she was training for an upcoming race, she probably had a variety of routes and distances she was using, ie a training plan with speedwork drills, long runs etc. I doubt it would be the exact same route every time.
Being a former good runner, I am assuming she had her typical morning route that she did every morning probably 5-7 miles. I don't think she varied that very much with a job, etc during the week. Weekends is when she got her track work/long run in....my 2 cents.

ADMIN NOTE:

This post lands at random.

Links, links, links !!

Excerpt from The Rules: Etiquette & Information

LINKS and REFERENCING OUTSIDE SOURCES

Websleuths is fact based. Rumors and conspiracy theories are not allowed. Do not link to them and do not mention them.

Information stated as fact must be supported by a link to a mainstream media or law enforcement source (or other WS approved source) to substantiate the fact, otherwise the post will be removed, along with all responses to it. If the information is only your opinion, please make that clear in your post so that opinions do not become rumors attributed to Websleuths as the source.

NOTE:
Blanket disclaimers in signatures that posts are your opinion are not sufficient as signatures are not visible to guests or members who are not logged in.

Quoting an outside source is allowed when the content is intended to substantiate a post. Examples are a snipped portion of a mainstream media (MSM) news article or a legal or scholarly article. While Websleuths does not prohibit quotes from sources outside of WS, we reserve the right to remove the quote and link if the source is deemed inappropriate. Random blogs and podcasts are not allowed without prior approval by a Mod or Admin.

NOTE: When quoting an outside source, a link to the source must be included in the post. The same rule applies to posting images. All images require a link to the source.

When discussing video content, a link must be provided to the source and also include an approximate timestamp so that other members and Websleuths staff don't have to wade through hours of content to find what is being discussed.

If you aren't sure a source is approved, please private message a Mod or Admin before posting to ask. Don't just post "Mods please delete if not allowed". We may not see your post for weeks, meanwhile it has introduced non-approved information into the discussion, requiring massive cleanups or thread closures.

So police towed away a white van from Fletchers home. Also they removed several boxes of items from her house.

Now why would police tow a family vehicle and remove boxes of stuff from her house? Unless, perhaps they are looking very, very close to her home for suspects in her kidnapping? MOO

"FOX13 was there as law enforcement searched Fletcher’s home. Authorities carried out several items from the residence and towed away a white van before leaving for the day."

Maybe they were removing laptops and computer equipment to exclude her social media presence as a reason for her abduction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova