Found Deceased TN - Eliza "Liza" Fletcher, 34, Abducted while jogging 4:30 am, forced into SUV, Central Ave near Univ of M, personal items found, Memphis 2 Sept 2022

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
After seeing the family presser, vehicle found and driver detained, I think my initial thoughts were incorrect. I am thinking stranger abduction is the most likely scenario. That poor family is in so much pain that it is palpable. Things are not looking good for EF but I do hope there is resolution soon.
Yup. I had some initial concerns, but this now looks exactly how a stranger abduction investigation typically looks.

I also think we're going to eventually learn that this was a crime of opportunity.

She's a far better runner than I am, and my average time for a mile is 8 minutes. Regardless, she would have left her house before 4am which does seem extremely early.

The husband stated he was asleep when she left so alerting the authorities at 7am still seems early.

Maybe someone made contact for a ransom?
It’s been a while since I wore my Garmin watch, but if I recall it had a feature that I could set up to notify a contact if I had a fall, etc. I’m wondering if she has a similar feature and was able to activate that feature during a struggle. Maybe her husband received notification on his phone while he was asleep and didn’t find it until he woke up.

Just a thought.

Oh yikes, a wreck with an ATF vehicle? Fleeing vibes

Where is south east Memphis with respect to the UM campus?
I am thinking the wreck between the suspect vehicle and the ATV had to have been in some type of a parking lot. Interesting the vehicle driver was just using it like nothing has happened and the driver did not flee.

KWAM NewsTalk Memphis
@Mighty990KWAM
·
Follow
Lots of police activity in southeast Memphis. #ElizaFletcher

The Mighty 990

rpetnsodSo06l5lglil997281g9ht9g9f4883f34m1a220c52h2665gmlu42 ·

JUST IN: There are reports on social media of heavy police response near an apartment complex in southeast Memphis. We are working to confirm the exact location, but there is speculation that it may be related to the kidnapping of #ElizaFletcher.
1662245902092.png

1662245970013.png

Thank you @Mariposa

If the suspect did live at an apartment complex, that may be how the vehicle was found. Once the make/model was released late last night, perhaps another renter in that complex realized a car matching that exact description was regularly parked in the apartment lot. MOO and just a theory

If she's five miles from home and the average female runner her age runs a mile in 12.3 minutes then yes she'd have to have left her home around 3am. That seems a bit extreme. But maybe she puts her kids to bed at 8pm and then goes to bed herself She wakes up at 3am, does her run and returns home before her husband sets out on his bike at 5 am? If they are both very athletic people this could be their routine.
She’s an ultra runner and Boston qualifier. Her average would be 8-9 min (per mile) pace on a long, slow day, faster if she’s running some other type of speed or tempo workout. That still would put her leaving home well before 4 a.m. if she were 5 miles away (and if something happened about 4:20-4:30). So, still very early. Jmo

The Mighty 990

rpetnsodSo06l5lglil997281g9ht9g9f4883f34m1a220c52h2665gmlu42 ·

JUST IN: There are reports on social media of heavy police response near an apartment complex in southeast Memphis. We are working to confirm the exact location, but there is speculation that it may be related to the kidnapping of #ElizaFletcher.
View attachment 363815

View attachment 363817

Thank you @Mariposa
It’s the Lakes at Ridgeway apartments in East Memphis according to the original post by the person who took the pictures. * Edited to add the ridgeway part and the original post on Facebook was by Ashley Crawford

Let’s pause and reserve on conclusions. This is an apartment complex where a 3BR goes for $995 despite being in one of the hottest states for rent growth in the entire country … this is what people in multifamily real estate investment call a Class C, which generally a neighborhood where many are working on improving their lives, but by and large residents have histories and warrants and unpaid fines and the like. This is a place where a stolen car might reappear and where people are frightened of law enforcement with tanks and helis. Let’s see what a bit of time reveals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adr5879