Found Deceased TN - Eliza "Liza" Fletcher, 34, Abducted while jogging 4:30 am, forced into SUV, Central Ave near Univ of M, personal items found, Memphis 2 Sept 2022

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the map. I'm not really understanding the logistics here. She was abducted at 4 o'clock in the morning 10 miles from her home? I could see maybe a mile or two, but 10 miles?? Was she actually living at the home that was searched earlier or did she live somewhere closer to the abduction point? Was she planning to turn around and run another 10 miles back home?

There's pieces missing here somewhere. IMO

Realistically, how would you even go about killing someone with pruning shears? I am admittedly NOT a gardener, but I’ve used shears like what was posted and I can see chopping off a finger or I guess maybe the bottom part of your arm if it’s small enough, but other than that, they’re not what I would consider to be a deadly weapon? Am I just not imaginative enough?

I think that if you stabbed/slashed at someone with considerable force, you could cut their throat. However, I can’t visualize how anything like that could fit in with the abduction scenario. Well, maybe I can, but it’d be awfully far fetched.

It’s got me stumped as well. Unless they have a particular handyman that’s recently given them a reason to think he could be involved?
Hmmm. When I heard that she runs regularly in the early morning hours (so dark and “lonely” out there) I immediately thought that that’s a very bad combination.

However, might it at least give us a small clue? That it’s likely someone who might live locally or frequents to the area? And now they’ve taken garden shears into evidence? A gardener/handyman would certainly fit the description of “frequenting the area”.

Police and canines searching in a park is certainly not making me optimistic.

While we wait, I have an entirely stupid question.

At 4 AM, how did a camera take such a vividly lit and colorful picture of Eliza running? With the pink shirt and blue shorts? Most nighttime footage that I've ever seen is grainy black and white.

I don't have a Ring or any of those cameras. Is this typical of those?

Back to waiting for what I hope is not grim news.

I have 15 more pages to go on catch up. Shortcutting ... did someone witness the abduction, then LE found/was given the video?
her cell phone and water bottle found in front of a house, University Police went to scene and viewed the video, then Memphis Police were called. Items were found by people who knew her I believe, so they must have been out looking for her, and probably called the University Police, we don’t really know the actual specifics.

Police and canines searching in a park is certainly not making me optimistic.

While we wait, I have an entirely stupid question.

At 4 AM, how did a camera take such a vividly lit and colorful picture of Eliza running? With the pink shirt and blue shorts? Most nighttime footage that I've ever seen is grainy black and white.

I don't have a Ring or any of those cameras. Is this typical of those?

Back to waiting for what I hope is not grim news.
I am assuming University'd cameras are on light poles and she is under one. JMO

It would seem so. From the link:

"Yesterday marked 7 years married to this beauty!" he wrote. "If you were to ask us at year 3 if we would make it to 7 we probably would of said NO! We apparently weren’t given the memo that a healthy marriage is not going to come easy. Luckily, we put God/Recovery first, we were both willing to believe in each other, and asked for help."

He continued: "We are so thankful for individual counseling, couples counseling, recovery and friends! We can honestly say we wouldn’t have it any other way!"

It seems so, and my first guess in this case would be, alcohol. In principle, getting rid of anything for which an "anonymous" exists, be it substances, good for them. sex addiction, gambling or shopping, would be a Recovery. I hope she's found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova