Found Deceased TN - Eliza "Liza" Fletcher Abducted While Jogging - Memphis #4 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
AFAICS, there are no home officially listed as duplexes on Victor. There's a house at the corner of Chestnut and the 1600 block of Victor that looks like it has two entrances and I wonder if that's what they are calling a duplex

Are there any on nearby Webb street? On google maps I think I can see a house obscured by overgrown grass that could be accessed on Victor but may actually be on Webb street

I trust LE is looking at their unsolveds over the past two years. If not for the slides and cctv, this would've been a hard case to solve. He may be brazen because he's done exactly this, apart from his original charges at 16.

Particularly anyone who went missing in the early morning. Predators prey.

JMO
This guy seems so brazen and careless, he seems to get caught with every bad move. I wouldn't think there's a lot he got away with before this.

Grassy lot pretty much says "outside" to me.

News Video post presser beginning at about 14 min mark provides a timeline with the details:
I forgot that CJ Davis is the police chief in Memphis now. She used to be the police chief where I live, and she is AWESOME: smart, compassionate, savvy, hard-working. Memphis is so very lucky to have her.

I'm thinking this case will definitely go to trial.... as I can't imagine they would accept a plea. Thoughts?
Yeah. I don't know. The ParkLane HS shooter pled guilty, and there is still a trial for him. I don't think someone can plead guilty to a death penalty, that requires a trial. If they want to charge him with the DP. It seems to be quite useless though, with the appeals, and stays...

I can see this guy trying to twist everything, that he was not going to kill her, he was kidnapping her for ransom, and the killing was accidental...

Personally I have little doubt that she was a victim of SA. This creature was willing to pay $100 for sex, in this case he could get it for free by force - I think that was his motive, not robbery. Anything else he got from her was incidental. JMO

I forgot that CJ Davis is the police chief in Memphis now. She used to be the police chief where I live, and she is AWESOME: smart, compassionate, savvy, hard-working. Memphis is so very lucky to have her.
Very impressive. She was commanding in the interview, I liked her. First female PC in the history of Memphis.

Published: 7:38 PM CDT September 5, 2022
Updated: 11:19 AM CDT September 6, 2022

MEMPHIS, Tenn. — The Memphis Police Department confirmed Tuesday that a body found in South Memphis Monday night is that of missing jogger Eliza Fletcher.
Police said the mother and junior kindergarten teacher was kidnapped about 4 a.m. Friday, Sept. 2, while on a morning run near Central Ave. and Zach H. Curlin St. in the University of Memphis area.

MPD said Fletcher's body was found near a vacant home in the 1600 block at the corner of E Person Ave. and Victor St. around 5 p.m. Monday, Sept. 5. Investigators confirmed the identity just before 9 a.m. Tuesday morning, just minutes after cancelling a City Watch Alert.

Same! I guess I had forgotten where she went, and had made no connection, until the presser, and I thought, wow, I recognize her! Memphis definitely got a good one.

Very impressive. She was commanding in the interview, I liked her. First female PC in the history of Memphis.
If you live in Memphis, I highly recommend getting to know her if you have the chance. She's just one of those people who's the whole package, but is also very approachable and nice. It's a heartbreaking case, but if anyone's going to make sure there is justice for Eliza, it'll be CJ Davis.

Since he served 20 years for the last kidnapping he committed that left a living victim, I think it's not a leap to assume he didn't intend on leaving a living victim to testify as he did in his previous abduction. I am sure there is evidence to support the premeditation. Besides, it only takes seconds to premeditate. There doesn't need to be a diagram or written plan per se. Seconds is enough time to conclude I now intend to make sure this victim is not alive to testify. I suspect he knew when he grabbed her he would be killing her rather than letting her live to tell so to speak.
He may have also been counting on police to not be willing to take a missing persons report until it had been 24 or 48 hours. He probably assumed he had plenty of time to clean up before anyone would even be looking for her.

Imagine being the Public Defender assigned to this monster. I mean... how do you even start to put a defense together with video footage and DNA evidence?!

Criminal defense attorneys/public defenders have become very creative with their defense
Of the indefensible ---- remember the Twinkie defense?

Are there any on nearby Webb street? On google maps I think I can see a house obscured by overgrown grass that could be accessed on Victor but may actually be on Webb street
There’s really only 1646 Webb between Chestnut and E Person - unfinished/vacant and next to the parking lot.

There is also a vacant house at 1652 Victor. It is obscured by the brush from the street, but if you move slightly south you can see the old driveway leading up to it.
There’s also a photo posted from Chestnut, down Victor - you can see what appears to be an officer walking up the block looking towards that area.

Attachments

• FDEEF07E-E40A-4DB4-8C0D-AFB558514FD6.jpeg
    FDEEF07E-E40A-4DB4-8C0D-AFB558514FD6.jpeg
    184.8 KB · Views: 46
IMO, it's probably inconsequential given CA's criminal history since age 12 where he's consistently been recognized by the courts as CA. I also noticed that CA was released from a 20+ year prison term during COVID19 (Nov 2020) when he allegedly learned about his name change from social security-- most likely via phone when seeking identification. To quote one of our own district court judges at a recent hearing in my County, "social security has no influence in this courtroom."

^^rsbm
If he learned of his name change from SS, maybe his name change is due to someone in his family requesting it? I’d totally understand a family member legally disowning him. Is that possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro