Found Deceased TN - Eliza "Liza" Fletcher Abducted While Jogging Near University of Memphis #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m on the Mississippi River (it divides Minneapolis and St. Paul) and it can be so fast, wide and deep, I am so worried that’s where he put her as she might certainly not be found.

LE has indeed done an outstanding job so far. So incredibly sad for her family, I’m hopeful some swift justice will help the family begin to mourn and find any peace at all in this nightmare.

4 wheelers and boat
:0(
I noticed while looking for bodies of water that Marjorie Bayou by PineView Golf Course appears to go under highway and connect with Slaughter Bayou in MLK park. It appears he could have stopped on highway and thrown her in water … just speculating, no idea how much water is even in those rivers right now.

Without shoes on his feet he would not have carried her far. More likely he backed up to a spot and rolled her out the back. So terrible to write. I would start by looking for water access that a car could back up to easily. MOO
I don't have an msm link, but flight radar has the MPD helicopter tail#N164K circling repeatedly and low over the Nonconnah Creek which runs parallel along 240.

Anyone can try flightradar24.com using that registration number (I was unable to use website on my phone though).

Last edited:
Yes many of them are. Here's a quick map of the Mississippi River area downtown Memphis including the Pineville Community Center and MLK park.
Hope that helps.
Chi
We better pray it was one of those Bayous and not the Mississippi … surely they would be closer to it IF they are going by tracking information?
Maybe they will take the death penalty off the table. (if it's even on the table that is) ??
ETA: Sorry @MassGuy
I just saw you posted the same thing!
Executions have been suspended through the end of 2022 but that doesn’t necessarily mean that by the time he goes to trial, they won’t be executing people again.

Attachments

• D0CDB93D-9B8E-4D04-BDD3-98FEBF8CB3D0.jpeg
    D0CDB93D-9B8E-4D04-BDD3-98FEBF8CB3D0.jpeg
    87.1 KB · Views: 4
The affidavit also stated there was a police report dated Thursday, September 1, 2022. Wonder what that was all about, did they make contact with Abston less than 24 hours before he abducts and kills Eliza?

Traffic stop maybe for the tail light damage on the car? Or accident report involving him and the car? Regardless, he gave MPD the Waterstone Oak Way address as his home.
It could have been anything really. But being as he gave his address it wasn’t just a casual encounter. Could have been a traffic stop, could have been him hanging out somewhere suspiciously, could have been that he had to attend the station on Thursday to report, as part of his bail conditions on the outstanding theft charge.

That is exactly what we were told in self-defense classes I have taken. From what we’ve read, it sounds like she sure did put up a fight
I wonder if she tried to stomp on his feet. Not as effective with joggers rather than boots or heels, but could have caused him to pull back and slide out of his sandals.

Did you hear/notice that the Pine Hill golf course is temp closed. If you go to their website to try and book a tee time, it says they are temporarily closed for renovation.

Well, planning something isn’t the same as planning it well. ☹️

I wonder at what point he remembered to turn off his phone.

I doubt that hand-scrubbing and carpet cleaner removes all traces of blood. (As I understand things, LE hasn’t told us they found blood, but they’ve said they expect to.)
I guess he doesn’t belong to WS.

This might be a dumb question but in cases like this, what are they able to negotiate? Just curious if they can promise him certain prison privileges or something like that??
Most commonly it’s to take the death penalty off the table. So if they are unable to find Liza without his help, they may agree that they won’t allow death penalty to be considered for him if he is found/pleads guilty. That the maximum sentence he will get is a whole life sentence without the possibility of parole. That’s the most common bargaining chip.

I wonder who put up his bond?

And, I wonder if it was more than $1.00 (you know, bail reform and all). Actually, having said that, I feel there is benefit to bail reform but some lawmakers and social voices have overlooked the violent behavior of many criminals. Just jumping off your post not directed at you tokyorose.

MOD NOTE:

Websleuths IS and ALWAYS HAS BEEN VICTIM/FAMILY-FRIENDLY.

That means that family members may NOT BE ACCUSED of any wrong-doing UNLESS/UNTIL they have been named as suspects or POIs in this tragic case. That includes any implications or thinly-veiled accusations or speculations.

It is a serious violation of of Websleuths’ Terms of Service to do so. ALL MEMBERS are expected to follow the TOS we ALL agreed to when we joined. It is especially troubling when long-time members, who should know better, engage in these violations. Thread bans and Time Outs WILL BE ISSUED when this happens.
Bringing rumors here from social media is also a serious violation. Saying, "I don't know if I believe the thing about _______" is NOT a way to get around this prohibition; you still brought that rumor here, and next thing you know, it's become fact because Websleuths said so. Just don't do it.

Social Media pages of the victim, the LE named POI, and OFFICIAL "Help Find" type pages are allowed. Official pages almost always run by the family and top-level posts, but NOT comments on those posts, are permitted. Social media of journalists and LE are also allowed.

Thank you for your renewed efforts to post respectfully and responsibly according to the Websleuths TOS. That will insure that your posting privileges are not interrupted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow