Found Deceased TN - Eliza "Liza" Fletcher Abducted While Jogging Near University of Memphis #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a not a sensitive way to say this, so I apologize in advance, but with the oppressive heat in the area, if she was just dumped somewhere on land, with little cover, which perhaps may be the case, given how quickly he was at his brother's apartment, washing his clothes and cleaning the suv, buzzards may reveal her location pretty soon, if people just keep their eyes out. JMO

Over three hours unaccounted for. That's actually a very significant amount of time.
Regrettably, thinking of both of these issues---the heat blasting her remains if she's outdoors somewhere, and the hours that are unaccounted for between the abduction and CA showing up at his brother's house, is leading me to speculate on several awful scenarios.

One, I am scared to say, is if he dismembered EF during the unaccounted time. Maybe she's in several locations and that's what's taking LE a long time, even with scent dogs. I think I remember in the Dulos case, didn't he throw parts of Jennifer into different dumpsters? Or was at least seen on camera stopping at multiple dumpsters?

IF CA doesn't confess and lead LE to her body, I'm afraid it may be awhile. I truly hoped she'd be located by now, given that they caught the suspect so quickly.

There's the .000001% of me that wants to think she hasn't been found because she's alive somewhere where he stashed her for "later," not thinking he'd be arrested already. But I don't really believe that, and if it were even true she'd still need to be found immediately.

Jmo

No the Le hauled it away. You can see the police officer following behind .
Not to pen words for other members, however I understood the question to be "What if Waste Management had pick up the waste on a normal route" prior to LE taking the dumpster away. Is that correct? Good question- certainly with such a short timeline, they could find that with relative ease.

Taking a look at his Facebook, I think he does have local friends. But as others have said, it’s a tall order to help a friend hide a body and face prison.
Yeah, I did not mean he literally had no friends. I just meant he would not have a deep network of local friends that would go to bat for him. The exception might be if he were a gang member which has been suggested. But even then he does not seem like leadership material to me so it seems doubtful even other gang members would help him out after he did something stupid. But I am thankfully completely ignorant on gang politics.

Unless there is something new being reported today, Law Enforcement said they received two calls around 7: 45AM.

Yeah, I know that was a discrepancy from the earliest reports but I think it was discussed in the first thread and (then solidified by this affidavit) that 7:45 may have been the time when they (LE) officially realized it was a kidnapping situation (perhaps from viewing surveillance), but I believe even early on there were reports that the initial call by her husband was made closer to 7am.

The 7:45am time came from the first impromptu presser from the street where the kidnapping occurred- I believe it was one of the first videos posted on the 1st thread. Very short, brief information shared by MPD media person regarding kidnapping info they had at that time.

Last edited:
Law enforcement spent majority of Sunday in South Memphis. Police telling WREG that they got a tip to check out Pine Hill Park, prompting dozens of officers to fill the area.

A mile away from Pine Hill Park, officers were seen removing a dumpster from Longview Garden Apartments, which is where a relative of Abston lives.

Officers later returned to complex to conduct a manhunt but did not provide specific details about who they were looking for.

Despite officers stopping at several other locations across the city, Fletcher has yet to be found.

Not to pen words for other members, however I understood the question to be "What if Waste Management had pick up the waste on a normal route" prior to LE taking the dumpster away. Is that correct? Good question- certainly with such a short timeline, they could find that with relative ease.
Thank you. I was trying to be delicate and just flat out made the whole thing worse.

Yeah, I know that was a discrepancy from the earliest reports but I think it was discussed in the first thread and (then solidified by this affidavit) that 7:45 may have been the time when they (LE) officially realized it was a kidnapping situation, but I believe even early on there were reports that the initial call by her husband was made closer to 7am.

The 7:45am time came from the first impromptu presser from the street where the kidnapping occurred- I believe it was one of the first videos posted on the 1st thread. Very short, brief information shared by MPD media person regarding kidnapping info they had at that time.

Sounds like that 45 minutes was used to gather and watch the surveillance. They moved quickly.

Yeah, I did not mean he literally had no friends. I just meant he would not have a deep network of local friends that would go to bat for him. The exception might be if he were a gang member which has been suggested. But even then he does not seem like leadership material to me so it seems doubtful even other gang members would help him out after he did something stupid. But I am thankfully completely ignorant on gang politics.
I don’t think we know much about him or what he’s capable of. We do know he’s kidnapped before and was convicted. We don’t know what else he’s done and maybe got away with. We don’t know who he knows. Really, we know very little right now, except that Eliza was abducted and hasn’t been found. Nothing‘s off the table yet, for me.

jmo

Thanks for the timeline.

The one thing I had a question about was the call to authorities by RF. I see the affidavit states RF called earlier than the 7:45 time that has been previously reported.

Liza Fletcher abduction: Timeline of the Memphis teacher's disappearance
I’ve seen various times of RF’s call - from 7:00 to 8:00 am
I’m still curious if he was stalking her since he seemed to be waiting for 20 minutes before she got there.
Any runners? It was 4.4 miles from her house to abduction point. I’m going to assume she normally ran 10 miles in training?!? How long does it take to run 10 miles? My Google maps gives WALK time at 1hr 35 minutes.
#GoogleMaps

Attachments

• F9CA9C5E-37D7-4B83-9B5B-5EF2203D1015.jpeg
    F9CA9C5E-37D7-4B83-9B5B-5EF2203D1015.jpeg
    211.7 KB · Views: 5
There are other dumpsters in Memphis. In this context, ‘the dumpster’ would mean ‘the dumpster where he put her body,’ not just ‘the dumpster that’s been the focus of LE’s attention.
Wasn't it posted some where that they found her clothes in a dumpster? Haven't seen where that has been reported any other place? He could have put the rags he used to clean his car in the dumpster! Checking for her DNA?? Just a thought for taken the dumpster?!?

Memphis TBI and marshals plus all other LE are just fabulous in this case. They were just on point from abduction to suspect to evidence. Now I don’t want to sound disrespectful but why does it seem they are all over Memphis and can’t locate her? Was it because he was traveling all over? I feel he travelled a 10 mile radius and wasn’t what most of us think as a seasoned criminal hence the left behind slides. I’m just confused why they can’t locate her? Was he so disorganized that it makes this a challenge ?
It’s so frustrating for LE, her family, everyone. It’s insane that Liza was missing for less than 4 hours before he was spotted without her and LE is unable to find her.

I’ve seen various times of RF’s call - from 7:00 to 8:00 am
I’m still curious if he was stalking her since he seemed to be waiting for 20 minutes before she got there.
Any runners? It was 4.4 miles from her house to abduction point. I’m going to assume she normally ran 10 miles in training?!? How long does it take to run 10 miles? My Google maps gives WALK time at 1hr 35 minutes.
#GoogleMaps
Everyone defines "long run" differently. For me, it is anything in the double digits (10+). Training, recovery, tempo, race pace and/or speed work would indicate pace. 4.4 miles would likely take her anywhere between 30 and 35 minutes at my best guess. 10 miles would have been 70-80 minutes.

She was well trained and I did not see a water bottle in her hand in the released photo. Her stride also did not look overly long, a bit more casual at first glance.

Edited to add quote from article:
Clears up who found what etc.
"The UofM police said Fletcher’s cell phone and water bottle were found in front of a home owned by the university in the 3800 block of Central Ave.
The affidavit reports that a citizen riding their bike on Central Avenue near Zach Curlin found that phone and sandals. That citizen turned these items over to Fletcher's family, who gave them to investigators, according to the affidavit."

Again JMO, MOO.

A solid timeline that clarifies some previous discrepancies.

Phone and Water bottle given to LE by UofM police after they were found on a property owned by the University. A few subtle yet important differences. ABC Memphis timeline and updates

Sorry, maybe I am misunderstanding your post- the link you posted states the same as the arrest affidavit that informed the timeline posted upthread (that a citizen found the water bottle and phone, gave them to EF family, who then gave to investigators):

The UofM police said Fletcher’s cell phone and water bottle were found in front of a home owned by the university in the 3800 block of Central Ave.
The affidavit reports that a citizen riding their bike on Central Avenue near Zach Curlin found that phone and sandals. That citizen turned these items over to Fletcher's family, who gave them to investigators, according to the affidavit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carzytoaster