Found Deceased TN - Eliza "Liza" Fletcher Abducted While Jogging Near University of Memphis #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It happened in the Nancy Cooper Case, that was local to me, here in NC. She was found at the end of a cul-de-sac of a new development of homes being built. A neighborhood residents placed a 9-1-1 call after noticing buzzards circling.

The man who called 911 said he noticed the body because of the vultures hanging around.

We also read that residents of the RV park in TX that Shana DiMambro lived in noticed them circling in the area where her body was later found, days later...

Yes, and this is why I thought they would have found her by now… JMO
The other day, I was visiting my grandkids and playing with them, when my 3-year-old grandson realized he had lost his play phone. We knew it was in the house somewhere, because he was playing with it just a few minutes earlier, and likely in the playroom, but it took 3 of us probably 15 minutes to find it. We have all laid our keys or remote down somewhere at home, and then had to ransack the house looking for it later, even though we were certain that it was in the house. Now, imagine trying to find a body, possibly at least somewhat concealed, in a city the size of Memphis, even if you have a pretty good idea of the area(s) that you most likely need to concentrate on. It takes time, and often it takes luck.

Even the dumbest of perps isn't going to leave a body lying in the middle of a busy street. EF has most likely been disposed of in one of the areas that MPD have been searching, as I believe that they have specific info that is guiding their searches, and I still firmly believe that she will be found relatively quickly. Then I hope the one responsible for her likely demise is held fully accountable, and will be put away for life, so that he may never harm another innocent person. JMO

Last edited:
So, he was arrested at 4:00 PM on Sept. 1 for theft, and kidnapped EF a little over 12 hours later. It's either that the dam broke and all the impulses he'd been inhibiting were released at once, or that he was caught on the theft, and figured that he didn't need to bother to try to stop committing crimes: "I've already blown it, I might as well keep going."

ETA: I guess he wasn't arrested, 4:00 on 9/1 is when police responded to a report of the theft. I wonder if his boss fired him that night and told him why.
LE had surviellance of CA's slides in this report.

I'm nervous....

I want her to be found ASAP but my heart is pounding.

It's my opinion that sexual assault was the primary motive; both because it usually is in these scenarios, and because of the reports that her clothing was found in the McDonald's dumpster.

Is that still unverified?

I suppose that a perpetrator could possibly remove the victim's clothing in order to impede identification for as long as possible after a body is found. But she'd be identified anyway if enough of her is intact, (such as hair) and of course, DNA (but that takes time).

In today's world, when a crime is thoroughly captured on video, I can't imagine why they couldn't prosecute him for kidnapping at the least. I'm sure though that minus a body, his lawyer would concoct a story that attempts to absolve him of the obvious.

Jmo

I'm nervous....

I want her to be found ASAP but my heart is pounding.

It's my opinion that sexual assault was the primary motive; both because it usually is in these scenarios, and because of the reports that her clothing was found in the McDonald's dumpster.

Is that still unverified?

I suppose that a perpetrator could possibly remove the victim's clothing in order to impede identification for as long as possible after a body is found. But she'd be identified anyway if enough of her is intact, (such as hair) and of course, DNA (but that takes time).

In today's world, when a crime is thoroughly captured on video, I can't imagine why they couldn't prosecute him for kidnapping at the least. I'm sure though that minus a body, his lawyer would concoct a story that attempts to absolve him of the obvious.

Jmo
The clothing found in the dumpster is unverified. I asked the same question earlier.

So this reads to me like he stole a wallet that was in a sort of lost and found area of the movie theater, while he was working as a cleaner in the movie theater, in the early hours of Thursday September 1.
And then used the debit cards to make several purchases.
according to CNN it is still unknown if the charges are connected to Eliza's kidnapping...at least that's what I just read.

LE had surviellance of CA's slides in this report.
Did they make the connection after dna? Many teens and young men wear these, so I can’t imagine LE saw the slides from the abduction and thought oh, I saw these in the movie theatre video.

Did they make the connection after dna? Many teens and young men wear these, so I can’t imagine LE saw the slides from the abduction and thought oh, I saw these in the movie theatre video.
My perception was that after they got a CODIS hit on Cleotha Abston from the DNA on the slides, they looked him up and saw there was a very recent police report about him involving surveillance video of him stealing at the movie theater. They looked at that and saw he had those slides on in the movie theater just over 24 hours before the abduction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova