Found Deceased TN - Emily Goodwin, 32, Columbia, 17 Dec 2022 *made concerning statements to family / vehicle found abandoned*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

PommyMommy

#ShinelikeShanann
Reaction score
www.wkrn.com

Police searching for missing woman after vehicle found abandoned in Columbia

On Saturday morning, the Columbia Police Department asked the community for help finding a woman who made some “concerning statements” to her family before she was reported missing.

Authorities described 32-year-old Emily Goodwin as being 5-feet 6-inches tall, weighing 140 pounds, and having brown hair and brown eyes.

According to officials, Goodwin’s vehicle was found abandoned in the 900 block of Bear Creek Pike on Friday, Dec. 16.

[...]

Emily FB - last post December 14 of a Michael W. Smith song "Surrounded (Fight My Battles)" - saying "it was perfect for her right now". She also has photos with 2 beautiful little girls titled "my girls" and photos of her new puppy from December 8 (so, so cute). I pray that she comes back safely to them.

Using the little google map "car" I see there's not much in the 900 block of Bear Creek Pike - I wonder if her car was pulled over to the side where it's flat or by the woods? I wish they would give more details.

1671408754969.png

1671409092131.png

I did see a roadside memorial in the area - did that mean something to her?

1671408824542.png

There is also a church (Faith Fellowship) in the area (920 Bear Creek Pike) was her car close to that? In the parking lot?

1671409121421.png

Last edited:
from her profile, she's a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN). Posts worth noting:

- November 30, expressing dismay that nurses can be paid more through an agency than directly from a specific facility
- February 1 - upset/crying about a resident who passed away
- January 25 - work selfie at Harmony at Brentwood, a senior living home

I have a really really terrible feeling about this (potential self-harm). I hope she's okay. MOO/IMO.

Emily FB - last post December 14 of a Michael W. Smith song "Surrounded (Fight My Battles)" - saying "it was perfect for her right now". She also has photos with 2 beautiful little girls titled "my girls" and photos of her new puppy from December 8 (so, so cute). I pray that she comes back safely to them.

Using the little google map "car" I see there's not much in the 900 block of Bear Creek Pike - I wonder if her car was pulled over to the side where it's flat or by the woods? I wish they would give more details.

View attachment 388533

View attachment 388535

I did see a roadside memorial in the area - did that mean something to her?

View attachment 388534

There is also a church (Faith Fellowship) in the area (920 Bear Creek Pike) was her car close to that? In the parking lot?

View attachment 388536
Emily's father posted on the Columbia PD FB page about a ground search for Emily and requested searchers to meet today (Sunday) at the Faith Fellowship Church.

<modsnip>
a 16 year old also went missing in Columbia the same day. I was wondering if there was a connection somehow (as in, maybe driving down the road Emily saw something she wasn't supposed to see and a perp "took" her, etc.) I will be watching to see the COD just to be 100% sure:

"The Columbia Police Department is trying to locate 16-year-old missing juvenile Andry Jisselle Chavez-Rodriguez.

She was last seen in 800 Block area of Rutherford Lane in Columbia on 12/17/2022."

Last edited by a moderator:
from her profile, she's a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN). Posts worth noting:

- November 30, expressing dismay that nurses can be paid more through an agency than directly from a specific facility
- February 1 - upset/crying about a resident who passed away
- January 25 - work selfie at Harmony at Brentwood, a senior living home

I have a really really terrible feeling about this (potential self-harm). I hope she's okay. MOO/IMO.
Oof. When I read this, I thought "Yes, that would do it." What a high-stress, thankless job she works. Physically and emotionally brutal work. LPNs in nursing homes are often responsible for 30-40 patients each (or more) every shift--passing out medicine, performing checks on injuries and vital signs, redirecting wandering patients, supervising nurses' aides, and writing it all out as they go. Patients die all the time, and while it's usually expected, it's still hard on those they leave behind. Covid made it even worse. Death after death after death, day in and day out. So many medical workers burnt out and there are no new ones willing to accept their positions. Traveling-nurse agencies are contracted by the homes to fill the gaps until new hires are found, but the homes have just signed contract after contract because they can't find other nurses. Most places have started to simply cancel contracts and place the work on current employees to save money. Everyone involved--workers, patients, families--suffers for it. (The nurses I know bristle at being called "healthcare heroes," because that's what their facilities say while doing nothing to help them) Harmony at Brentwood's Glassdoor page suggests this situation has been going on for a while there. The management--especially for nursing--is the number-1 complaint.

I hope that, if she is still with us, Ms Goodwin is physically okay and receives the support needed to heal mentally.

Here is the latest update from Columbia PD FB which says Emily has not been located yet.
https://www.facebook.com/search/top?q=columbia police department tennessee

UNTIL we have confirmation which includes a link to substantiate the info, we cannot post that she has been found, and those posts will be removed. It causes confusion for everyone including staff if those MSM or LE links are NOT included in your post.

ETA WS will continue to honor and respect the missing persons here by waiting for OFFICIAL word on MSM or from LE to let us know if there has been a status change.

Last edited:
The Columbia PD TN Facebook page has deleted the post entirely. This can be confirmed by various friends of Emily who shared that post which now says "This content is not available."

I have never seen that before. Posts are removed/deleted/edited for minors found safe, for instance - I understand that.

Williamson Source is reporting her being found deceased.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste
Back