GUILTY TN - Erika 'Megan' Sharpton, 24, raped & murdered, Tullahoma, 2 July 2012

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I just finished reading this thread. Someone needs to make a list of all the missing/murdered/unsolved girls in that area over the last 5 yrs or so...there are 3 named "Megan" that were nursing students in this thread alone... and if you could put them all on a map with dates that would be even better...I would then expand the area and go from there. janine

I would think a nursing school, full of many young women to choose from, would be a likely playground for this wack-job, psychopath

If someone was stalking Holly Bobo, made some contact with her, casual talk, etc, then I wonder if any of her many friends knew about this stalker and if so can give some description or intel to LE?

I have to believe if someone bizarre was lurking around Holly, her close friends had to be aware of this, simply because young women will talk, especially if it's about stranger

Heather Sullivan - Centerville/Franklin County, TN, was employed at a transportation company, had went to her car at 5:30 cst to retrieve items from her car when the abduction attempt occurred. As was Holly Bobo's home, Heather's home was very private/secluded/rural/forested...

Lots of similarities between Megan and Holly

Both were young, attractive nursing students

Both had Facebook pages to possibly access to adresses, phone number's, etc

Both drove mustangs and had pink purses

Both were not too far from each other, especially the distances between both schools

Both were abducted in secluded areas

Both had evidence left miles from their homes

Megan's accused killer has been known to wear camoflage clothes, the same for Holly's abductor

Holly's abductor was described as about 5'10- 6'0, 200 lbs about the same size as Megan's accused killer

It's purported Megan's accused killer worked on remodeling sites at hotels, liked to stay at these hotels and collected hotel keys and a purported hotel key was found nearby Holly's area of town that gave rise to suspicions

Lots of similarities between Megan and Holly

It's purported Megan's accused killer worked on remodeling sites at hotels, liked to stay at these hotels and collected hotel keys and a purported hotel key was found nearby Holly's area of town that gave rise to suspicions

I wonder if he remodeled any hotels/motels near any of the other missing girls in the surrounding states during the time they went missing? Someone would have to get a hold of his work record to look at dates and locations...or if you knew what hotel/ motel chains he worked on...were any of them undergoing construction or remodeling during the time of their abductions?? Interesting thought. I know that major chains have their own construction crews. I once had a patient who worked for a large well known resturant chain and he said they were sent different locations to build new resturants all around the midwest and south.

I know for sure he worked the crew that built the Comfort Suites here in Manchester. I have good information that he was on the crew that worked on the Days Inn in Hollys area around that time. I have no links of proof...unfortunately, but I have heard the investigators are aware of this.

I do know he was unemployed for some time, but not sure the start date of that.
He had some type of surgery to his shoulder, and was actually trying to sue the doctor that performed the surgery. I have no dates for that either. I will try to locate something.

I know for sure he worked the crew that built the Comfort Suites here in Manchester. I have good information that he was on the crew that worked on the Days Inn in Hollys area around that time. I have no links of proof...unfortunately, but I have heard the investigators are aware of this.

I do know he was unemployed for some time, but not sure the start date of that.
He had some type of surgery to his shoulder, and was actually trying to sue the doctor that performed the surgery. I have no dates for that either. I will try to locate something.

At first I wondered if this demon would bury Holly on one of the construction sites, with access to back hoes, equipment , etc and at late night unnoticed.

But the style of this fool seems he likes the back corridors of long country stretches of roads, wildnerness

I believe Jones has a posse of idiots in crime and would be a miracle if LE could find Holly's evidence in one of their homes or vehicles

Rumor has it he's 'very depressed' and 'sad' and doesn't want to live any longer. (*Cue sarcasm on my end*)

Maybe he will feel he has nothing to lose and will just talk...about EVERYTHING.

If he was working in the area during Holly's disappearance the cops simply need to match records of working w/ whether or not he was on the job that day, missed work, etc. If he has an alibi, they can move right on.

Big question: can TN LE get this done? I have my doubts.
(No offense to TN residents, but the track record there isn't spectacular.)

no offense taken whatsoever.

It's usually the path of least resistance that is taken, especially by the DA of my county.

Hoping that is not the case here and if he is responsible for others, it doesn't go unpunished.
He's certainly at the LEAST getting life without parole for Megan's death,
I wonder how close LE in Hollys case is looking at this .

Good Morning. I am Kelly Sharpton. Megan's mother. I have been reading here just recently and appreciate your kind words and thoughts. Alot of what's been said is true, some is pretty far off the mark. I will answer what I can about my child. Please don't ask me to speculate things about the trial or Donnie Jones, Jr. as you well know I am not privvy to answering those. Thank you again for your love and support.

Good Morning. I am Kelly Sharpton. Megan's mother. I have been reading here just recently and appreciate your kind words and thoughts. Alot of what's been said is true, some is pretty far off the mark. I will answer what I can about my child. Please don't ask me to speculate things about the trial or Donnie Jones, Jr. as you well know I am not privvy to answering those. Thank you again for your love and support.

Welcome to WS! I am so sorry for your loss. Her story really hit home with me. Thank you for making yourself available for questions. You mentioned that some of what has been said is far off the mark, would you mind clarifying that so that we are all starting from a place of truth?

Ms. Sharp I am so very sorry. Your daughter is a beautiful girl and obviously very special. She touched alot of lives here as you can see.

Again, please know I am so sorry for your pain.

Some of the things that I know are incorrect: She did not get the number from Craigslist or off the web. She got it from Naomi. Donnie Jones current wife. Chris (Megan's bf) had nothing to do with the crime. He left for work at 6pm and works at a giant chain store and was seen until midnight. Megan died before he left the store. Megan didn't have a friendship with the Jones. She commuted with Naomi. DJ had driven them to M'boro one time in the snow to class. That was her only encounter with him before July 1st. She called me on Saturday before he stole her. She was excited about the job. I asked all the questions any of us would have, and he had given us an answer to all of them. Where is the job? where did you get the number? where do they live? what is their name? What kind of care will his mother require? He had an answer for everything. He planned this out. Thank you for your kind thoughts. We appreciate each one.

Some of the things that I know are incorrect: She did not get the number from Craigslist or off the web. She got it from Naomi. Donnie Jones current wife. Chris (Megan's bf) had nothing to do with the crime. He left for work at 6pm and works at a giant chain store and was seen until midnight. Megan died before he left the store. Megan didn't have a friendship with the Jones. She commuted with Naomi. DJ had driven them to M'boro one time in the snow to class. That was her only encounter with him before July 1st. She called me on Saturday before he stole her. She was excited about the job. I asked all the questions any of us would have, and he had given us an answer to all of them. Where is the job? where did you get the number? where do they live? what is their name? What kind of care will his mother require? He had an answer for everything. He planned this out. Thank you for your kind thoughts. We appreciate each one.

So deeply sorry for the loss that should never have happened of your beautiful daughter!

We've speculated here that DJ might have somehow been involved in other crimes, in particular that of Holly Bobo. Considering the planning he did, it seems more possible, as it sounds like he only saw Erika just the one time, and then did all that planning. Does not sound like a first time for him.

To me either. I hope I can share what I know one day. For peace for all involved.

Kelly,

My eyes are blurry writing...it will likely take a while, I will try to be brief, I'm a tarabull writer...

I know I'm not alone in saying we are soooooooo sorry for your loss and for all you & all of yours have been through.

We may be in all corner's of this world but we are with you on the path towards justice for Megan - hoping you find peace along the trek.

Enclosed is the biggest heartfelt group hug that could possibly be squeezed into a message.

Sincerely...

Thank you. You may not think your words are heard, they are. You may not think they matter, they do. At my weakest moments I am reminded that Megan matters and she is a true hero. She stopped a monster and she does not go unnoticed.

Thank you. You may not think your words are heard, they are. You may not think they matter, they do. At my weakest moments I am reminded that Megan matters and she is a true hero. She stopped a monster and she does not go unnoticed.

Clearly an angel of this earth :angel:

And appropriately a nurse of all things - like you ;)

Yes, Meg will continue to make a huge ripple. :heart:

'Very sorry for the tragic loss of your precious daughter, ksharp'.. Yes, she is a guardian angel and hero..
'Prayers'..

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu3o8W5JMuU"]THE PRAYER with Lyrics_Celine Dion & Andrea Bocelli - YouTube[/ame]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow
Back