Found Deceased TN - Evelyn Boswell, 15 months, Sullivan County, 26 DEC 2019 *Arrests*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"On Tuesday afternoon, February 18, 2020, the Sullivan County Sheriff’s Office received a State of Tennessee Department of Children’s Services referral in reference to a child that had not been seen by certain family members in approximately two months."

"This is an active investigation where law enforcement agencies are seeking assistance from the community to help locate this child. The child’s mother, Megan “Maggie” Boswell, has been involved in the investigation along with the father, Ethan Perry, who is active duty in the military, stationed in Louisiana."

Toddler missing from Sullivan County

What does it mean that she is "involved"? Has she been interrogated? Has she given any details at all about what happened?

There’s parts of his account that I question (seems to me like he’s trying to downplay his involvement with mom bc of his business but just IMO) but I do believe he’s never met Evelyn which is worrisome.
I tend to agree with you. Although I think they were more seriously involved than he’s saying, and that his word should be taken with a liberal dose of salt, based on some things I’ve read on SM

The rumor mill on this one is all over the map. There’s one thing in particular that I read, that I’m hoping, if it’s true, LE or MSM release info about right away. It would give hope for a more positive outcome.
It is ridiculous how all over the place it is. We are a smaller town - about 55,000 - and I have heard all kinds of things today.
I hope you are right about the positive outcome. I haven’t read anything yet that has given me hope for this sweet baby. :(
How old are the parents? They look super young.
She is “friends” with several of my son’s friends and they are in the 18/19 year old range. She does look incredibly young.

I'm not able to access the x bf article. Could someone copy and paste please.

TIA
Ex-boyfriend of missing girl’s mother says he never saw the child, AMBER Alert still active
Jessica FullerFeb 20, 2020 / 04:46 PM EST
Local
Posted: Feb 20, 2020 / 04:02 PM EST / Updated:
BLOUNTVILLE, Tenn. (WJHL) – A Blountville man said he dated the mother of a missing child for a few weeks and never saw the child.

Hunter Wood, owner of Hunter T’s Chicken Shack in Blountville, said he dated Megan “Maggie” Boswell for a few weeks in December. Boswell is the mother of 1-year-old Evelyn Boswell, who the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation said was last seen around December 26.

Wood said he never saw Evelyn in the weeks he dated Boswell.

“All I’ve seen is pictures of her, I’ve never even seen the baby,” he said. “I have no relationship with that child whatsoever.”

PREVIOUS STORY: SCSO: Investigation into missing 15-month-old began Tuesday after alert from DCS

He said he met Boswell when she applied for a job at his restaurant. He characterized their relationship as “on and off” and said the relationship never got serious enough for him to notice any red flags.

He said Boswell told him that Evelyn was staying with her father, Ethan Perry, while he was home on military leave for Christmas.

“They have half custody to the best of my knowledge,” Wood said. “It’s not my business to dig further into that because we weren’t that serious for me to dig further.”

He said he saw Maggie Boswell two days ago and hasn’t heard from her since.

Wood said his business has been smeared across social media in the wake of the AMBER Alert on Wednesday that signaled that Evelyn is missing.

“I’m not doing this to, you know, hurt this investigation because all in all the entire matter here of what’s going on and what needs to be resolved is finding that baby,” he said.

He said he believes Boswell’s father alerted police of Evelyn’s disappearance. He added that while he was seeing Boswell, he said she told him that Evelyn broke her arm while staying with her father.

“While Evelyn’s father, Ethan, had the child, the baby, you know, fell off the bed and broke her arm, and he took her to the hospital,” he said. “That’s what I was told.”

TBI issued an AMBER Alert on Wednesday for Evelyn.

Officials with the Sullivan County Sheriff’s Office said their investigation began Tuesday after the Department of Children’s Services alerted them to the missing child.

SCSO continued the search on Thursday.

Tennessee Bureau of Investigation

✔@TBInvestigation

· 20h

Replying to @TBInvestigation
MORE: Evelyn was last seen wearing a pink tracksuit, pink shoes, and a pink bow.

She was reportedly last seen on December 26, 2019. She was not reported as a missing child until February 18, 2020. #TNAMBERAlert

✔@TBInvestigation

UPDATE: The search for Evelyn Boswell continues. We have another photo to pass along.

Investigators continue to follow-up on leads as they come in.

Please continue to share and help us get the word out.

Have information? Call 1-800-TBI-FIND. #TNAMBERAlert

12:51 PM - Feb 20, 2020
Twitter Ads info and privacy

103 people are talking about this

Evelyn was last seen wearing a pink tracksuit, pink shoes and a pink bow. She has blonde hair and blue eyes.

Anyone with information is urged to call the Sullivan County Sheriff’s Office at 423-279-7330 or TBI at 1-800-TBI-FIND.

I don't think anyone knows who actually reported Evelyn missing. Articles say DCSF. This article says it's Evelyn's dad. SM says otherwise. It's kinda all over the place right now.

This article doesn't say it was Evelyn's dad that reported. It says that HW believes Boswell's father alerted police of Evelyn's disappearance. That would indicate he meant Evelyn's mother's dad alerted police. JMO

"He said he believes Boswell’s father alerted police of Evelyn’s disappearance. He added that while he was seeing Boswell, he said she told him that Evelyn broke her arm while staying with her father."

I'm not able to access the x bf article. Could someone copy and paste please.

TIA
Ex-boyfriend of missing girl’s mother says he never saw the child, AMBER Alert still active
Jessica FullerFeb 20, 2020 / 04:46 PM EST
Local
Posted: Feb 20, 2020 / 04:02 PM EST / Updated:
BLOUNTVILLE, Tenn. (WJHL) – A Blountville man said he dated the mother of a missing child for a few weeks and never saw the child.

Hunter Wood, owner of Hunter T’s Chicken Shack in Blountville, said he dated Megan “Maggie” Boswell for a few weeks in December. Boswell is the mother of 1-year-old Evelyn Boswell, who the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation said was last seen around December 26.

Wood said he never saw Evelyn in the weeks he dated Boswell.

“All I’ve seen is pictures of her, I’ve never even seen the baby,” he said. “I have no relationship with that child whatsoever.”

PREVIOUS STORY: SCSO: Investigation into missing 15-month-old began Tuesday after alert from DCS

He said he met Boswell when she applied for a job at his restaurant. He characterized their relationship as “on and off” and said the relationship never got serious enough for him to notice any red flags.

He said Boswell told him that Evelyn was staying with her father, Ethan Perry, while he was home on military leave for Christmas.

“They have half custody to the best of my knowledge,” Wood said. “It’s not my business to dig further into that because we weren’t that serious for me to dig further.”

He said he saw Maggie Boswell two days ago and hasn’t heard from her since.

Wood said his business has been smeared across social media in the wake of the AMBER Alert on Wednesday that signaled that Evelyn is missing.

“I’m not doing this to, you know, hurt this investigation because all in all the entire matter here of what’s going on and what needs to be resolved is finding that baby,” he said.

He said he believes Boswell’s father alerted police of Evelyn’s disappearance. He added that while he was seeing Boswell, he said she told him that Evelyn broke her arm while staying with her father.

“While Evelyn’s father, Ethan, had the child, the baby, you know, fell off the bed and broke her arm, and he took her to the hospital,” he said. “That’s what I was told.”

TBI issued an AMBER Alert on Wednesday for Evelyn.

Officials with the Sullivan County Sheriff’s Office said their investigation began Tuesday after the Department of Children’s Services alerted them to the missing child.

SCSO continued the search on Thursday.

✔@TBInvestigation

· 20h

Replying to @TBInvestigation
MORE: Evelyn was last seen wearing a pink tracksuit, pink shoes, and a pink bow.

She was reportedly last seen on December 26, 2019. She was not reported as a missing child until February 18, 2020. #TNAMBERAlert

✔@TBInvestigation

UPDATE: The search for Evelyn Boswell continues. We have another photo to pass along.

Investigators continue to follow-up on leads as they come in.

Please continue to share and help us get the word out.

Have information? Call 1-800-TBI-FIND. #TNAMBERAlert

12:51 PM - Feb 20, 2020
Twitter Ads info and privacy

103 people are talking about this

Evelyn was last seen wearing a pink tracksuit, pink shoes and a pink bow. She has blonde hair and blue eyes.

Anyone with information is urged to call the Sullivan County Sheriff’s Office at 423-279-7330 or TBI at 1-800-TBI-FIND.

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member