Found Deceased TN - Evelyn Boswell, 15 months, Sullivan County, 26 DEC 2019 *MOM ARRESTED* #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She’s apparently got a court appointed attorney for the false report charge. We need one of our attorneys on here to tell us how that affects LE interactions with her going forward.

We’re dealing with murder now, right? So does she have to re-assert her right to representation or is it like, once you’ve got an attorney for any charge, they're your attorney for all charges and LE can’t question you on anything without them present?

I’ve followed so many true crime stories, but I know so little about the intricacies of our legal system.

In the article that was posted about her being “upset” by the news of the remains, it says the attorney is no longer assigned to her case because it’s now a grand jury case. The article goes on to say that they have hope to be reinstated.

She’s apparently got a court appointed attorney for the false report charge. We need one of our attorneys on here to tell us how that affects LE interactions with her going forward.

We’re dealing with murder now, right? So does she have to re-assert her right to representation or is it like, once you’ve got an attorney for any charge, they're your attorney for all charges and LE can’t question you on anything without them present?

I’ve followed so many true crime stories, but I know so little about the intricacies of our legal system.
I understand who would be better to put forth a comment, I was just adding questions to yours and throwing MOO in.
This is why I asked about the attorney:
Attorney: Megan Boswell ‘obviously upset’ at news of Evelyn’s possible remains found | WJHL | Tri-Cities News & Weather
Sproles was appointed to represent Megan Boswell by the General Sessions Court in Bristol, Tennessee on one charge of filing a false report. That appointment ended when the
case was bound over to grand jury"

Last edited:
I noticed that too, and I think part of the reason is because it’s a live FB video, so she can see the comments of people and the numbers of people watching. As more and more viewers come on, she recaps to tell the new viewers what is happening. She did an official newscast with a real cameraman later in the evening. The live FB videos can be hard to watch though.

Ok, I see. Thanks for the explaining. I avoid SM and this is one of the many reasons why. I just didn't know it was a bad marriage between news and SM.

MOO, I
would think they could approach her, but her attorney has to be present to tell her what she can/should answer or not. But this was a court appointed attorney that only helped during her Monday court appearance and until the next court date, she really doesn't have an attorney, correct????
ETA: She doesn't have an attorney UNLESS she has one hired for her.
Her attorney is the person who informed her Evelyn's remains had been found. She stated that MB told her that LE had not informed her and that she was very upset when she heard the news.

A poster suggested that the conversation had been recorded, but that is not likely since meetings between client and attorney are confidential.

Imo

that's odd they pulled her public defender hmm will they give it back to her if they charge her in relation to evelyn's death?

He told News Channel 11’s Anslee Daniel Saturday that he suspects he will be appointed again when Megan Boswell’s case goes to criminal court on May 8.

“I was able to attend the press conference and watch that, and afterward I did go over and speak with her to make her aware,” he said.

Attorney: Megan Boswell ‘obviously upset’ at news of Evelyn’s possible remains found

In the article that was posted about her being “upset” by the news of the remains, it says the attorney is no longer assigned to her case because it’s now a grand jury case. The article goes on to say that they have hope to be reinstated.
Oh, that's interesting. So MB's case will go before the Grand Jury? Is that what it said? I guess that means we won't hear anything while that's going on?

Chimes
t45108.gif

Evelyn Boswell Remains Found
Screenshot (370).png

@TN Hiker

Last edited:
I genuinely appreciate your input as you seem to have some more insight into the characters involved in this case than the rest of us. But there’s a certain decorum that we all try to adhere to here, and you may want to review the rules of this forum before posting further.
I am very upset at the outcome of this. I really thought that she had been sold to someone, Now that they find the body it upsets me. I do not want to go into it but I know how some of that family are and how they think. There is only one of them that could have done this and keep going like life was good.... If I am wrong I will be the 1st to admit it.

No disrespect was meant
I took it like you were using the “voice” of MB. Like role playing. Personally I like to speculate what happened, and I sometimes use a casual tone when discussing horrible things, too.

But yes, I like the reverence and extra respect Websleuths shows victims. It’s one of those things that separates us from the SM free-for-all.

I am very upset at the outcome of this. I really thought that she had been sold to someone, Now that they find the body it upsets me. I do not want to go into it but I know how some of that family are and how they think. There is only one of them that could have done this and keep going like life was good.... If I am wrong I will be the 1st to admit it.

You should get verified as an insider if you know them personally

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members