Found Deceased TN - Evelyn Boswell, 15 months, Sullivan County, 26 DEC 2019 *MOM ARRESTED* #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tippy Lynn said:
I wonder when murder charges will be filed.

I know the Coronavirus has taken over, but come on already!!!!!!

Well the Grand Jury is supposed to meet in April - IF they even do - probably because of the coronavirus stuff, but then they could sit 6 feet apart...

I’ve been anxiously waiting to see what happens with this case.

I wonder when murder charges will be filed.

I know the Coronavirus has taken over, but come on already!!!!!!
She has not been charged at this point with any connection to her daughter’s disappearance.

But the District Attorney says he expects she will face additional charges when she is bound over to the grand jury in April.

Judge raises bond on Megan Boswell in court this morning - WDEF

She has not been charged at this point with any connection to her daughter’s disappearance.

But the District Attorney says he expects she will face additional charges when she is bound over to the grand jury in April.

Judge raises bond on Megan Boswell in court this morning - WDEF

Yep its only a matter of time, those charges are coming. As to the first part, that's not entirely accurate she has been charged with crimes connected to her daughters disappearance(lying to investigators and providing false statements to the whereabouts of her missing child).

I'm going to post this - just in case it will be a video conference hearing. That way I can shorten this up a bit. Also the court site still shows these 2 hearings on 4/9.

Thursday, April 9th:
*Preliminary Hearing (Aggravated Burglary & Shoplifting) (@ 9:30am CT) – TN – Stolen 2007 BMW (involved in Amber Alert for TN Evelyn Mae Boswell (15 mos.) in Wilkes County N.C. – for *Angela Mae Boswell (42) arrested (2/21/20) & charged (2/24/20) & arraigned (in Sullivan County on 2/25/20) with possession of stolen property (over $2500) & violation of probation warrant for theft. No plea entered. $5K bond. Must wear ankle bracelet. Bonded out (2/28/20) with ankle monitor.
Court info from 2/21/20 thru 2/24/20 reference post #1125 here:
Found Deceased - TN - Evelyn Boswell, 15 months, Sullivan County, 26 DEC 2019 *MOM ARRESTED* #3

2/25/20 Update: McCloud remains in Wilks County jail. Boswell was arraigned in Sullivan County; bond set at $5K & must wear an ankle bracelet. Boswell due in Kingsport General Sessions Court re probation violation on 2/27 & bond was revoked. Boswell due in Sullivan County court re stolen vehicle on 3/4/20.
2/27/20 Update: Boswell appeared before a judge in Kingsport General Sessions Court on Thursday, 2/27. Angela’s next court appearance in Kingsport court was scheduled for April 30 at 9:30am. Angela has paid all but $1,000 of her bond regarding her charge of probation violation out of Kingsport. A. Boswell, bonded out of jail Friday evening, 2/28/20. Boswell must wear an ankle monitor as a condition of her bond, which was set at $1,000.
3/4/20: Judge Lauderback asked when Boswell was going to have an attorney. “I’m working on that. I’m Googling, trying to find lawyers,” Boswell said. Told her to have one by next hearing on 3/24.
3/24/20 Update: Stolen car: Hearing has been rescheduled for 4/30. Hearing moved to 6/9.

*Charged (3/25/20) with theft. Walmart shoplifting on 3/19/20.
3/25/20 Update: According to a police report, Angela Boswell and William McCloud approached a register with $45.02 worth of items in a cart at the Walmart on Fort Henry Drive. The report said they failed to pay for the merchandise and tried to leave the store when a loss prevention employee stopped them. An officer said he then arrived and issued both Boswell and McCloud a citation for shoplifting. Police said both of them left on foot and were banned from all Walmart properties for life. Hearing on 4/9.
*Arrested & charged (3/26/20) & arraigned (3/27/20) with aggravated burglary, theft under $10K, introduction of drugs into a penal facility & possession of counterfeit money. In jail. Bond set at $50K.
3/26/20 Update: Angela Boswell has been arrested (3/26/20) for aggravated burglary & theft under $10K. Items that authorities said were taken from that home include two televisions, a shotgun, a pistol, and various tools. While Boswell was charged with aggravated burglary, theft under $10,000, the introduction of drugs into a penal facility, and possession of counterfeit money. That male accomplice was identified as Larry Chad Fields, 37, of Kingsport. Authorities have a warrant out for Fields arrest charging him with aggravated burglary & theft under $10K.
3/27/20: Aggravated Burglary: In court on Friday for arraignment, bond set at $50K. She is scheduled to appear in court again on April 9, and it will most likely be an appearance through video due to the courts limiting in-person appearances during the COVID-19 outbreak.
Accomplices:
*Larry Chad Fields (37) arrested (3/26/20) & charged (3/25/20) with aggravated burglary & theft under $10K.
4/2/20 Update: Initial appearance hearing on 4/3. No update as of 4/8
*William Boyden Bryant McCloud (33) - Possession of stolen property (over $2500). Hearing moved to 6/9.
*Arrested & charged (3/19/20) with theft. Walmart shoplifting on 3/19/20.
4/2/20 Update: Hearing on 6/8/20.

Last edited:

I'm not a fan of most of the cast of characters involved in this case, but if no one was home, why didnt this reporter just leave and attempt to establish contact later or leave and wait at the nearby intersecting public road until she saw that the owners were returning home vs. staying and snooping around and then being surprised that the homeowners were unhappy with her being there knowing they were not home?

Sometimes I'm not a fan of certain reporters either.....

A few days after Evelyn was reported missing, I actually went to the property; um its gated but the gates were open and uh, there appeared to be nobody home so I went up and I actually looked around uh the property and I saw toys; I saw signs that children had been there. I also saw..........

Wondering why TB had a fit to the point of holding the reporter and or her crew hostage. According to the reporter, yes they did look around, but were leaving when TB arrived.

With a missing granddaughter - which is all TB knew at this point in time, according to him - wouldn't one be grateful that some media coverage was possible to help find her? Why would he think he needed the cops to make an arrest? Even if he didn't want any media coverage of his missing granddaughter, why not order them to leave and not return?

Makes no sense to me.

Wondering why TB had a fit to the point of holding the reporter and or her crew hostage. According to the reporter, yes they did look around, but were leaving when TB arrived.

With a missing granddaughter - which is all TB knew at this point in time, according to him - wouldn't one be grateful that some media coverage was possible to help find her? Why would he think he needed the cops to make an arrest? Even if he didn't want any media coverage of his missing granddaughter, why not order them to leave and not return?

Makes no sense to me.
Maybe this wasn't the first encounter with reporters or public coming to the property. I wonder if he was like that before this all happened, the way his ex wife steals things you never know. Or could he be an a hole that likes to be an a hole???

Maybe this wasn't the first encounter with reporters or public coming to the property. I wonder if he was like that before this all happened, the way his ex wife steals things you never know. Or could he be an a hole that likes to be an a hole???

It's easy to be swayed toward a hole without further context isn't it?

Makes no sense to me.
When people are stressed out, they may overreact. It happens. Not defending anyone, but I wouldn't be jumping for joy if I found out people were "looking around" my home/property. That's not cool.

When people are stressed out, they may overreact. It happens. Not defending anyone, but I wouldn't be jumping for joy if I found out people were "looking around" my home/property. That's not cool.

On a normal day I would lean toward being freaked out if I came home and found strangers lurking in my yard.

This was not a normal day for TB, and these were reporters that could help him out if he wanted it. If TB was unable to hold his temper and think for a minute, then all is not well imo. Seems that minute dragged out for a while, including while he spent time on the phone with 911 who told him they were not coming out to address his perceived concern. Jmo.

After the reporter knocked on the door and after no one answered, she should have gotten in her vehicle and left. Period. I'm not a fan of TB Sr., but in this situation the reporter was wrong.

PS
Without TB Sr., we wouldn't even know that sweet baby Evelyn was missing. I'm glad he missed his granddaughter.
MOO

I wanted to leave a note about the reporter, Jamie Satterfield. She's a longtime court reporter for the Knoxville News Sentinel.

She first became well know locally during the notorious "Job Corp Murder" trial. Christa Pike and Tadaryl Shipp were eventually convicted for the brutal torture and murder of Colleen Slemmer.

Kids Who Kill

Next she covered the long and exhausting trials of the murderers of Channon Christian and Chris Newsom and the fiasco caused by the late Richard Baumgartner who came to be known as "The Junkie Judge".

GUILTY - TN - Chris Newsom, 23, & Channon Christian, 21, murdered, Knoxville, 6 Jan 2007 #20 *Davidson GUILTY

Ms. Satterfield has always been a good court reporter. In the past few years she has been doing double duty as an investigative reporter because the newspaper downsized and other reporters have left. I hope she doesn't put herself in physical danger.

After the reporter knocked on the door and after no one answered, she should have gotten in her vehicle and left. Period. I'm not a fan of TB Sr., but in this situation the reporter was wrong.

PS
Without TB Sr., we wouldn't even know that sweet baby Evelyn was missing. I'm glad he missed his granddaughter.
MOO
Yah but at least the way the reporter tells it, They were highly concerned about what she had seen and what she knew. Yes the reporter was in the wrong without a doubt but there seems like there's more at play IMO.
I don't want to point fingers, but it does sound like that the family dynamics were such that there was a lot of interaction and protection on the family compound property. Additionally I have a tough time believing that baby E was disposed of in that shed without anyone other than MB knowing the significance of the toys, diapers, clothes and even at least an inclination that baby E's remains were in that shed. I'm inclined to believe there were suspicions long before the missing child report was filled imo. It wouldn't be the first time that someone had decided that they weren't going to go down for something that a family member had done. I'm not trying to directly point fingers, but there seems that there are a lot of questions yet to be answered in this case. I'm just not convinced that the reporting was done for all the right reasons. Was TB sr truly a hero or was he concerned about covering his own hide and not going down with the ship? Time will tell

Does anyone know when the Grand Jury will meet this month? TIA
Last article we have received, April 2nd.

Staubus said Wednesday that his office received permission from the Tennessee Supreme Court to present the false reporting case to a grand jury later this month. He would not say whether prosecutors plan to present any additional evidence related to the toddler's death.
Investigation into Evelyn Boswell's death continues despite coronavirus, prosecutor says

Trying to hold them hostage after he arrived back home to find them on his property wasn't the best way to handle the situation, no doubt; similar to how lingering around on someone else's private property, uninvited, when you know they aren't home probably wasn't the best way for her to handle that situation either.

Sure, she was a reporter who "could help him out" if he wanted, but perhaps after what he came home to, he didn't care for or trust her and as a result, decided he didnt want "help" from that particular reporter.

Evelyn's story had pretty wide coverage; that reporter certainly wasnt the only reporter covering the story and it's likely other reporters had contacted (or attempted to contact) him both before and after her. I'm guessing due to the Amber Alert & resulting widespread coverage, he was in a position to choose from a number of reporters to interview with moreso than she was likely able to choose from a number of big stories to report about.

A good reporter has to quickly gain a certain amount of trust with the person they want to interview in a order to elicit the information that we (the curious public/readers/watchers) want to know from them while also not being so invasive that the person clams up before they can get to the meat of the story. She doesnt seem to be even slightly good at that (imo) that's why she was reporting very mundane information such as seeing "toys & signs that children had been there" as if it was shocking or surprising information instead of an interesting interview with any family member or information or details directly from the horse's mouth (TB Sr.)

Not at all a fan of her or her reporting style. Just the amount of "ummms" and "uhhhs" during her brief report drove me bonkers.

Trying to hold them hostage after he arrived back home to find them on his property wasn't the best way to handle the situation, no doubt; similar to how lingering around on someone else's private property, uninvited, when you know they aren't home probably wasn't the best way for her to handle that situation either.

Sure, she was a reporter who "could help him out" if he wanted, but perhaps after what he came home to, he didn't care for or trust her and as a result, decided he didnt want "help" from that particular reporter.

Evelyn's story had pretty wide coverage; that reporter certainly wasnt the only reporter covering the story and it's likely other reporters had contacted (or attempted to contact) him both before and after her. I'm guessing due to the Amber Alert & resulting widespread coverage, he was in a position to choose from a number of reporters to interview with moreso than she was likely able to choose from a number of big stories to report about.

A good reporter has to quickly gain a certain amount of trust with the person they want to interview in a order to elicit the information that we (the curious public/readers/watchers) want to know from them while also not being so invasive that the person clams up before they can get to the meat of the story. She doesnt seem to be even slightly good at that (imo) that's why she was reporting very mundane information such as seeing "toys & signs that children had been there" as if it was shocking or surprising information instead of an interesting interview with any family member or information or details directly from the horse's mouth (TB Sr.)

Not at all a fan of her or her reporting style. Just the amount of "ummms" and "uhhhs" during her brief report drove me bonkers.

i doubt any other reporter was permitted on that property or anywhere near that shed. Jmo

Last edited:
iv kinda just held back on this case the past few weeks because there really isn't a lot of news going on

the only thing iv seen that is well interesting is the foster care thing said by the family member ( was it angela?)

that was quite hmm

similar to how lingering around on someone else's private property, uninvited, when you know they aren't home probably wasn't the best way for her to handle that situation either.

exactly what i thought, it had nothing to do with her getting close to the shed, it was just being on someone's property uninvited, i wouldn't be happy either if i came home and saw someone snooping around

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankfurtfun