Found Deceased TN - Evelyn Boswell, 15 months, Sullivan County, 26 DEC 2019 *MOM ARRESTED* #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She is currently being held on charges of false reporting. There are no other charges at this time. This is why I'm a bit paused in this whole thing. I'm guessing that there may be "pending" charges, and that is why feet are dragging on the current charges. Perhaps that is why there will be discovery taken up in chambers concerning the other part of this story. It may be the POI will be addressed, but will remain under protective order; sealed.
There are several Persons of Interest in this case, the most important one, after MB, is likely her mother.

She claims she had a falling out with MB and believed Evelyn be in Foster care, but I'm not sure she is being truthful. I think she knows more than she is letting on.

MB's boyfriend claims to have broken up with her around the same time the baby was last seen, if I remember correctly, so he likely has some information that could be helpful.

I believe the main suspect is likely MB, but we have been surprised before so there could turn out to be several involved in at least the cover up.

I don't think they have all the autopsy results back yet, so they may not know yet if Evelyn's death was a result of murder or a case of negligence.

It may be hard to determine since the body was likely in the last stages of decomposition. If there were any obvious injuries, such as broken bones or damage to the skull from head trauma I think we would have heard by now.

Imo

MB's then boyfriend, HW, was around for 2+ months following the last sighting of EB around 10th or 11th Dec 2019.

According to DJ, MB's grandfather, MB and HW hung out at his place everyday for the first half of Feb 2020 when AB was staying with him, along her then bf. When the BMW became a contentious topic, he seems to have slid away from MB and her family. Agree that he has some helpful info.

Ohhhh, okay. I misunderstood and had to review the hearing. Nelson is expecting to indict by May 20th, and the June 19th is an arraignment date set in the event there isn't an indictment? Am I understanding that correctly? (I really have to bone up on how court proceedings work. LOL )

uh no

i figured it out

may 20 or when the jury next sits in june - grand jury indictment where a case will be presented to the jury and they will determine what charges to proceed with

june arraignment- charges are formerly presented to Megan Boswell and she will enter a plea, then i am guessing a trial will be set

* may 28th also has a hearing related to the bond motion presented today

Last edited:
uh no

i figured it out

may 20 or when the jury next sits in june - grand jury indictment where a case will be presented to the jury and they will determine what charges to proceed with

june arraignment- charges are formerly presented to Megan Boswell and she will enter a plea, then i am guessing a trial will be set

* may 28th also has a hearing related to the bond motion presented today
Thank you! That makes sense. For some reason, I thought she was putting off the indictment til June.

MB's then boyfriend, HW, was around for 2+ months following the last sighting of EB around 10th or 11th Dec 2019.

According to DJ, MB's grandfather, MB and HW hung out at his place everyday for the first half of Feb 2020 when AB was staying with him, along her then bf. When the BMW became a contentious topic, he seems to have slid away from MB and her family. Agree that he has some helpful info.
Ok, thanks. I must be thinking of the statement he made about not seeing the baby for a couple of months, or something like that. Now I recall that he said they were only together for a short time, and by the time Evelyn was reported missing he claimed they were no longer together.

It's hard to believe that during those two weeks they were all hanging out that they didn't talk about Evelyn.

She told different stories to family members, but apparently at least her dad was suspicious, since he was talking to others about reporting Evelyn missing.

I think one of the reasons this investigation is taking so long is because no-one is talking.

Imo

Ok, thanks. I must be thinking of the statement he made about not seeing the baby for a couple of months, or something like that. Now I recall that he said they were only together for a short time, and by the time Evelyn was reported missing he claimed they were no longer together.

It's hard to believe that during those two weeks they were all hanging out that they didn't talk about Evelyn.

She told different stories to family members, but apparently at least her dad was suspicious, since he was talking to others about reporting Evelyn missing.

I think one of the reasons this investigation is taking so long is because no-one is talking.

Imo
IMO MB talked enough in those news interviews she gave when she told all her lies and reported what Evelyn was wearing. That plus the evidence they have collected, including finding Evelyn should be enough as they are saying charges are being brought.
I am not sure we will ever know the whole truth unless MB gives a confession.
As far as family who knew or didn't know the truth, I am not sure that MB told the truth to anyone.

I do find it strange that AB didn't contact the state after MB told her that Evelyn was taken, I would assume grandparents would be contacted for placement before a foster family in most cases (from what I've personally seen anyway). But with her boyfriends, drugs, stealing and other escapades it doesn't seem she cared at all IMO.

SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. (WJHL)- If Megan Boswell’s arraignment had happened during her Friday court appearance, she would have pleaded ‘not guilty.’ Brad Sproles, her court-appointed attorney, confirmed this after her arraignment was reset to June 19th.

“We would have pled not guilty. To get the opportunity to do the full discovery before we made any decisions about a plea,” Sproles said in an interview with News Channel 11’s Kaylyn Kluck.

Entering a ‘not guilty’ plea may be standard practice in cases like Megan’s, where the defendant has not yet negotiated a settlement with the state. But Sproles still considers her case a rare situation.

Attorney: Megan Boswell would have pleaded ‘not guilty’ to false reporting charge

Reading between the lines, it appears to me that MB is the person of interest, and they are using the GJ for additional charges, in addition to MB's arrest for false reporting.

Experts: Officials need more evidence in connection to Evelyn Boswell's death

May 8, 2020

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WVLT) -- The case of the death of Evelyn Boswell has continued after the 15-month-old's remains were found buried on a family member's property back in March.

Evelyn's mother, Megan Boswell, has been jailed for more than 45 days, accused of lying to police.

The state said 25-long hours of taped interviews with Megan Boswell are keeping her case from a grand jury. The Sullivan County mom is accused of lying to police after a region-wide amber alert for her daughter was sent out in mid-February.

The child's remains were found on a family member's property two months ago.

Legal experts told WVLT News Boswell's guilt or innocence should have been tested sooner.

"If they wanted an indictment, they could have an indictment tomorrow," T. Scott Jones said.

We spoke with defense lawyers T. Scott Jones and John Barnes.

Experts also said with the case going to a grand jury and Boswell's $150,000 bond this is an odd case. We're told it's possible more charges could come down.

Reading between the lines, it appears to me that MB is the person of interest, and they are using the GJ for additional charges, in addition to MB's arrest for false reporting.

Experts: Officials need more evidence in connection to Evelyn Boswell's death

May 8, 2020

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WVLT) -- The case of the death of Evelyn Boswell has continued after the 15-month-old's remains were found buried on a family member's property back in March.

Evelyn's mother, Megan Boswell, has been jailed for more than 45 days, accused of lying to police.

The state said 25-long hours of taped interviews with Megan Boswell are keeping her case from a grand jury. The Sullivan County mom is accused of lying to police after a region-wide amber alert for her daughter was sent out in mid-February.

The child's remains were found on a family member's property two months ago.

Legal experts told WVLT News Boswell's guilt or innocence should have been tested sooner.

"If they wanted an indictment, they could have an indictment tomorrow," T. Scott Jones said.

We spoke with defense lawyers T. Scott Jones and John Barnes.

Experts also said with the case going to a grand jury and Boswell's $150,000 bond this is an odd case. We're told it's possible more charges could come down.

After listening to the May 8 hearing, there is a bond hearing scheduled for May 28. Prosecutor wants this hearing to occur after the GJ (prosecutor expected to respond/oppose the bond motion May 15).

MB's defense arguing this bond hearing is overdue.

It sure seems the prosecutor expects MB will be indicted on more charges than making false a statement!

If MB is not indicted by May 28, MB's arraignment scheduled for June 19.

Both hearings 5/28, and 6/19 at 9 AM.

@Niner

This is video is from April (Court TV) but some interesting comments from a reporter that was detained by TB at the family compound where Evelyn was eventually located.

TB reported Evelyn missing. Could he also be a person of interest?

I don't think so. I just don't see him knowing Evelyn was even on that property. If he knew why report it and why not go ahead and tell the truth when he did. This was all MB's doing IMO.

I don't think so. I just don't see him knowing Evelyn was even on that property. If he knew why report it and why not go ahead and tell the truth when he did. This was all MB's doing IMO.
I do think TB was sincere when he reported baby missing. I'm not sure what he would do if he learned her location after learning she was deceased. Especially if he believed AB was involved.

It's a mess and I think MB is still in denial. MOO

Attorney Says Megan Boswell Would Have Pleaded ‘Not Guilty’ To False Reporting Charge

"Megan Boswell's arraignment was set to happen during her Friday court appearance. Boswell's attorney Brad Sproles said Boswell would have pleaded 'not guilty.'

Boswell's arraignment was reset to June 19th.

“We would have pled not guilty. To get the opportunity to do the full discovery before we made any decisions about a plea,” Sproles said in an interview with WJHL.

Sproles said he considers Boswell's case a rare situation.

“Normally the investigation is done, they bring the case to the District Attorney’s, and then we end up in court,” Sproles said. “But to have this much court involvement, and coverage, while an investigation is pending? It’s pretty unusual.”

Boswell remains in jail on a $150,000 bond."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member