Found Deceased TN - Evelyn Boswell, 15 months, Sullivan County, 26 DEC 2019 *MOM ARRESTED* #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Did you catch that at some point MB was not happy with her attorney? I think MB has been a challenge her whole life. Her childlike appearance helped her con people. She knows how to work the system.

I am curious about what turned MB sideways against her lawyer. Maybe he tells her the truth about the case or she can’t con him. At least she appears to have resolved her issues. Maybe she talked to another attorney and found out she has finally hit the end of the road. No lies and con games will get her out.

This may be the first time she has ever been called out on her lies and behavior.
Yeah, I think it’s her face. She looks SUPER young and she has a lost, don’t know what’s going on look. She fooled me too.

poor Evelyn must have been dead for ages if they can't figure out how she died and they have to propose 2 theories as to how she died

its almost coming up to 12 months / 1 year since we got that original news alert that Evelyn Boswell was missing

“Evelyn’s Law” was named for the toddler who was reported missing in February 2020, although she hadn’t been seen for more than two months, according to authorities. Her body was found in March after a nationwide search.

Rep. John Crawford, R-Kingsport, submitted House Bill 384 on Jan. 22, and state Sen. Jon Lundberg, R-Bristol, introduced Senate Bill 327 on Jan. 25.

Crawford, Lundberg and a number of other representatives also introduced bills last year, but they stalled, partially due to the COVID-19 pandemic and state budget. Last year, Lundberg said the bills would be reintroduced.

The General Assembly’s fiscal review committee said the bills should have no significant impact on judicial costs.

The legislation would require that, when a parent knows, learns or believes that a child 12 years of age or younger who is under their care is missing, they report it to a law enforcement agency or the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation within 24 hours after determining that the child is missing. They would create a Class A misdemeanor offense for failure to do so, according to the review committee.
Evelyn's Law reintroduced in Tennessee

House Bill 384 and Senate Bill 327 were passed on second reading in the House and Senate on Wednesday.

The proposed bill also referred to as “Evelyn Boswell’s Law,” was named after the toddler who was reported missing in February, but hadn’t been seen since December. Authorities eventually found the child’s body on a family member’s property.

Megan Boswell, Evelyn’s mother, is facing multiple charges, including felony murder in the toddler’s death.
‘Evelyn’s Law’ advances in Tennessee General Assembly

Friday marks 1 year since Amber Alert was issued for baby Evelyn Boswell
Friday marks 1 year since Amber Alert was issued for baby Evelyn Boswell

what a year it's been!
Hard to believe it's been a year. It's still a punch in the gut for me when I see her adorable and oh-so-innocent little face. :(

ERLiqBiXYAANANa

Inside Edition also has an article up that has a good review of the case.
1st Anniversary of Evelyn Boswell's Amber Alert Marks Long Search for Justice in the Baby's Killing | Inside Edition

February 19, 2020
The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation issued an AMBER Alert for 15-month-old Evelyn Boswell on February 19, after she was reported missing on February 18. She had not been seen since December 2019.

CBS affiliate WJHL reported that Evelyn’s grandfather, Tommy Boswell Sr., launched the investigation by calling the Department of Children’s Services.

February 20, 2020
On February 20, the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation released another photograph of Evelyn, hoping to reach more people.

February 21, 2020
On February 21, the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation reported that investigators were seeking information about a gray BMW, and that the individuals traveling in it were connected to Evelyn.

Sheriff Jeff Cassidy told the media that his office received conflicting reports about when Evelyn disappeared. He said one report indicated that Evelyn was last seen on December 26. However, Sheriff Cassidy told media that a babysitter claimed to have seen her on December 10 or 11 and those dates were more accurate.

Officials said the child’s parents, Megan “Maggie” Boswell and Ethan Perry, were both involved with the investigation. Perry, the sheriff said, was stationed in the military in Louisiana. The sheriff said the mother had full custody of Evelyn. However, the sheriff said some of the information from the mother had been not been “accurate.”

“Her stories aren’t leading up to stuff we went out and checked on,” the sheriff said, pointing to video surveillance evidence and eye witness testimonies, but he would not clarify what those were. The sheriff said described some of the information as “conflicting” and “inaccurate.” The sheriff said they believed Evelyn was alive.

As of February 21, the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation said more than 300 leads had come in about Evelyn’s disappearance, none developing into any credible sightings.

Also on February 21, Megan Boswell spoke with WCYB outside of a Bristol courtroom. Boswell told WCYB that she knew who had Evelyn and didn’t want to contact police because she thought the person would disappear with her daughter.

The reason I didn’t report it or anything was I knew the person who had her, and I didn’t want them to run away with her,” Boswell said. “I’m just kinda worried, you know, about where they are at. What they’re doing with her at this point in time.”

She claimed that Evelyn was with a person she trusted to watch her daughter while she was at work.

On the night of February 21, several hours after Megan spoke with WCYB, the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation announced that the vehicle wanted in connection to Evelyn had been discovered in Wilkes County, North Carolina.

Fox 8 later reported that two people, identified as William McCloud and Angela Boswell, were arrested in connection to the vehicle for theft over $2,500. It was revealed that Angela is Megan’s mother.

February 22, 2020
The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation announced on social media that the search for Evelyn continued.

A petition, called “Evelyn’s Law,” was launched and addressed to the Tennessee State Senate. It asked lawmakers to craft a law making it illegal for parents to wait longer than 24 to 72 hours to report a missing child.

On the afternoon of February 24, the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation released new video of Evelyn and new information.

Megan Boswell spoke to CBS affiliate WJHL and told them that her mother, Angela, had taken Evelyn to Mendota, Virginia.

“I told TBI where to find her in Mendota. My mom took her to a campground in a silver camper and if they don’t go tonight, I’m going to go find her myself, because I’ve told them and they’re not really like taking it seriously and if they don’t go tonight, I will go myself and go get her…They’re not taking me seriously, TBI isn’t, because I’ve not fully told them I’ve been like ‘hey, like my mom camped out in Mendota, you know, to go check them out,’ but I’ve never been like, ‘hey,’ specifically, ‘hey, she’s like in a silver camper,’ because my mom did threaten me like you know if I told anybody – I’m not gonna get into that – but she did,” Boswell said, adding that her mother “was just going off on her” after the AMBER Alert was announced.
More:
One year has passed since the arrest of Megan Boswell in death of missing toddler

The Senate version of the bill will be taken up by the Senate Judiciary Committee.

If passed the law would take effect on July 1, 2021.
Lawmakers to discuss Evelyn’s Law on Wednesday

Thanks for posting. My fingers are crossed that this bill gets passed. Too late for Evelyn but it would be there for future cases. That doesn't sound good now I've typed it but you all know what I mean (I hope).

What was the outcome of the Senate bill? I believe I missed it!

Also, anything new on the case thus far? I can't find anything straight in MSM
about the current circs.

from the last hearing on 1/22/21 - here's what I have in my notes:

1/22/21 Update: The Sullivan County District Attorney General’s office stated Friday in court that they would be seeking a sentence of life imprisonment without parole should Boswell be found guilty in the death of her daughter, Evelyn. The district attorney’s office will not seek the death penalty against Boswell. Boswell’s attorney, Brad Sproles, stated the defense still needed to go through some recordings that hadn’t been provided to them. The district attorney general’s office is still going through some of the information before sharing it with Sproles. Sproles also said more motions could be filed, based on the evidence. Judge James Goodwin set a status hearing for May 14.

Maybe they will give him a deal for talking if he does really know something. I'm sure they can reduce sentences for these types of charges? I just wish someone would talk.... IMO... NO way a girl so young can NOT tell someone what really happened......
I honestly don’t think he knew. Or cared enough to even ask any questions about the baby.

He said he never even met Evelyn and that she told him the baby was with her father. I honestly believe him.

I honestly don’t think he knew. Or cared enough to even ask any questions about the baby.

He said he never even met Evelyn and that she told him the baby was with her father. I honestly believe him.

I agree. It is so easy, as a non-parent partner coming in to a relationship with someone who has kids, to be very much in the mindset of "out of sight, out of mind". Especially if said partner has never even met the child/ren. MOO

I agree. It is so easy, as a non-parent partner coming in to a relationship with someone who has kids, to be very much in the mindset of "out of sight, out of mind". Especially if said partner has never even met the child/ren. MOO
I honestly don't have anything against the guy. He never met the baby and their relationship was probably never in that stage, I remember it looked like she was way more into him than he was into her too. She told him the baby was with her dad so he didn't ask. She killed her own baby, he didn't do anything wrong.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joe Cool wannabe
Back