TN - Girl raped on school bus

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Fine...I just don't want to pay for it.

Then rent rather then own a house. Why should everyone not have to pay for it?
And Paladin I disagree as the only adult on the bus he is in charge of keeping those children safe.. It is not an unreasonable expectation.

Why are you blaming the driver? I believe the guy when he said he didn't hear what was going on. Loudness of 60 students aside, he's sitting in the front of the bus about 2-3 away from a giant diesel engine. Stopped or moving, those school bus engines are loud.

People need to stop finding someone to blame. Just because he was the only adult on the bus doesn't make him responsible. It's the fault of the 18 year old punk who decided to do this.

I know the bus driver personally and I also know what kind of person he is and the character he lacks. He is SUPPOSE to be in charge. What the hell happened to those mirrors my bus drivers use to have? I would get out of my seat and immediately I would be called out. I just feel if you take on the job with 60 or 160 kids you should be held accountable and not be released so soon!!! Paladin, I am not looking for someone to blame. I just feel if you are being paid to do a job then do the job. This 18 year MAN (by law) wasn't even a bus rider. He just decided to get on Bond's bus that day and he let him.

First - several people have made the comment that the bd was the only adult on the bus. Well we know for a fact that there was at least one other person over 18 - legally an adult. I also wouldn't be surprised if he really didn't hear her - think about it if you drove a bus full of kids every day you would probably tune out the noise also.

Why did no one around them do anything? Possibly for the same reason people here asked about their relationship.

Personal story- at 18 my nephew jumped between a guy who was hitting his gf outside a local store. When the cops got there the gf told them my nephew just jumped her bf fo no reason. Luck for him an elderly couple witnessed it from the car and called her lies to the cops. Although the cop did congratulate him on his willingness to help someone out - he did warn him to be careful about it in the future. 2 years later I hope he would have the same reaction but you never know he may remember the problems he had before when trying to help.

And Paladin I disagree as the only adult on the bus he is in charge of keeping those children safe.. It is not an unreasonable expectation.

Sorry but I have to agree - I pay my school taxes, have no children but help pay my niece and nephews private school tuition. Yes, that is my choice and I would have no problem if my school taxes went towards the education of the public school students. It's the astronomical amount of money spent on extra-curriculars that I think the parents of the students benefitting from should pay.

If monitors are needed on the busses then the parents of the bus riders should foot that bill. Or like many cities - don't bus kids over 14 (I believe that is the age they use). If they all had to pay maybe they would discipline their children better and it wouldn't be needed.

What do you propose he do other than look in the rearview mirror occasionally? Afterall, he does for the most part have to keep his eyes on the road.

Keeping children safe first and foremost is not killing them in a crash. You don't hear about rapes occurring on school busses all that often, so he specifically wasn't looking out for it.

Guy's minds don't work the same as women's. Most women will look at a guy and think "potential rapist", as where most men don't. Perhaps bus drivers should be required to undergo some "suspicion" training.

What do you propose he do other than look in the rearview mirror occasionally? Afterall, he does for the most part have to keep his eyes on the road.

Keeping children safe first and foremost is not killing them in a crash. You don't hear about rapes occurring on school busses all that often, so he specifically wasn't looking out for it.

Guy's minds don't work the same as women's. Most women will look at a guy and think "potential rapist", as where most men don't. Perhaps bus drivers should be required to undergo some "suspicion" training.

Knowing him (bus driver) he was probably watching it and enjoying it!!!!:furious:

Knowing him (bus driver) he was probably watching it and enjoying it!!!!:furious:

How well do you know him? What kind of things has he done to give you such a strong opinion against him?

Really?

How well do you know him? What kind of things has he done to give you such a strong opinion against him?

I know him well enough to know he is a sleazy, sleazy man. He has "volunteered" at my kids school numerous times especially when the HS girls were playing softball, cheerleading, volleyball, etc. He has a son that graduated a year before my daughter did and I have first hand heard his comments about the HS girls all the time with his wife standing there. I complained to the administration but they turn a deaf ear for the most part.

I know him well enough to know he is a sleazy, sleazy man. He has "volunteered" at my kids school numerous times especially when the HS girls were playing softball, cheerleading, volleyball, etc. He has a son that graduated a year before my daughter did and I have first hand heard his comments about the HS girls all the time with his wife standing there. I complained to the administration but they turn a deaf ear for the most part.

Sleazy and watching a girl get raped are different things, as are making comments with a wife present. The 18 yr. old is the sleazy one.

OMG! That poor girl. Well I have an 18 yr and 16 yr old boys that ride the bus. They have stopped a few things happening on there bus and it makes me mad that 60 kids didn't help in anyway.

I've told my boys stand up for whats right and stand your ground!! If you hit a girl with my boys around all HE!! will break loose! They hate that

I really was giving the bus driver the benefit of the doubt on this story, but now I'm thinking he's completely off his rocker. Even if the girl used the word "groped" (which I highly doubt), he should have called 911 immediately. Also, the bus must have been WILD for him not to have heard her call out for help only 15-20 feet from him. It's his responsibility to maintain order on the bus. In one story, it says the audio picked up her cries for help and he sat there oblivious.

http://privateofficernews.wordpress...oing-home-on-school-bus-wwwprivateofficercom/

The girl was sitting in the middle of the bus next to the window, about 15 or 20 feet from the bus driver.
If he didn’t have a clear visual of what was going on, police wonder why Bond did not immediately call authorities with what little he knew from the 14-year-old, police said.
“Who would I report to? I didn’t have the supervisor’s number,” said Bond.
“How about police?” asked Williams.
“She didn’t say anything about being rape. She said she had been groped,” said Bond.
It was the child’s parents who showed up at Riverdale High School the next day and reported what allegedly had happened.
Stover was arrested at school Friday and expelled the rest of the school year.
Police said they are still not convinced about what the bus driver saw. They also said Stover wasn’t a regular rider of the bus, and they said they believe he randomly chose the girl.

Sleazy and watching a girl get raped are different things, as are making comments with a wife present. The 18 yr. old is the sleazy one.

Yes the 18 year old is sleazy as is Bonds. Why didn't Bond call someone immdediately AFTER she told him what happened? Not only is he sleazy, he is worthless!!! :furious:

I really was giving the bus driver the benefit of the doubt on this story, but now I'm thinking he's completely off his rocker. Even if the girl used the word "groped" (which I highly doubt), he should have called 911 immediately. Also, the bus must have been WILD for him not to have heard her call out for help only 15-20 feet from him. It's his responsibility to maintain order on the bus. In one story, it says the audio picked up her cries for help and he sat there oblivious.

http://privateofficernews.wordpress...oing-home-on-school-bus-wwwprivateofficercom/

The girl was sitting in the middle of the bus next to the window, about 15 or 20 feet from the bus driver.
If he didn’t have a clear visual of what was going on, police wonder why Bond did not immediately call authorities with what little he knew from the 14-year-old, police said.
“Who would I report to? I didn’t have the supervisor’s number,” said Bond.
“How about police?” asked Williams.
“She didn’t say anything about being rape. She said she had been groped,” said Bond.
It was the child’s parents who showed up at Riverdale High School the next day and reported what allegedly had happened.
Stover was arrested at school Friday and expelled the rest of the school year.
Police said they are still not convinced about what the bus driver saw. They also said Stover wasn’t a regular rider of the bus, and they said they believe he randomly chose the girl.

Police, kids parents, etc. come on BD.

Yes the 18 year old is sleasy as is Bonds. Why didn't Bond call someone immdediately AFTER she told him what happened? Not only is he sleazy, he is worthless!!! :furious:

It's not illegal to lack common sense.

Never said it was. However, these are the morons taking our kids to and from school. I bet if it was HIS kid he would know who to call.

I'm just referring to the posts that were made earlier calling for the bus driver to be charged with something.

I'm just referring to the posts that were made earlier calling for the bus driver to be charged with something.

I think the county was too quick to release Bonds of any wrong doing. We are still waiting for the kids on the bus to hopefully step forward and tell their side. Once every stone is uncovered, then release Bonds if he is indeed innocent.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow
Back