TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #17

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That first link you provided is City Hall. Classes were held there until the new building was completed.

Ha. Well, that's why I edited the post. If I copy and paste the link to the pic, it shows up fine, but not when clicking through. I don't know why. At least everyone has a starting point if they want to look up more photos.

One of two things going on, I think:

1. They pretty much know the perp. They know him and are following/trailing him and putting additional pressures on him. They won't release what has been found because they want him to wonder about it...and maybe make some mistakes. They are hoping he will lead them to Holly.

2. They have little idea about the perp. They want the public to think they know more...and therefore put fear in the mind of the abductor so he will become fearful and perhaps mess up and reveal himself.

Two weeks of hundreds of searches and we are not much closer to knowing any more than we did at the start. Beginning to feel hopeless.

Glad I could do you the favor of the laugh! LOL maybe they have a basement? Heck, our old house was doubled in square footage if you included the basement!

It does look like you have to deliberately drive IN to the campus, though, the parking lot is not up at the road?

I think this will help everyone and it just now dawned on me none of y'all live here and I take it everyone knows this stuff. The road that you have to turn into to get to the campus is actually a road. Not just an entrance for the campus. This road connects 69 (641) to Bible Hill Road I believe. Maybe someone could look that up. If not, I'll drive over there and check it out. When the tornadoes stop.

With all of that being said, the campus is still on the main highway. You turn onto the road and immediately back to your right to enter the parking lot.

I think this will help everyone and it just now dawned on me none of y'all live here and I take it everyone knows this stuff. The road that you have to turn into to get to the campus is actually a road. Not just an entrance for the campus. This road connects 69 (641) to Bible Hill Road I believe. Maybe someone could look that up. If not, I'll drive over there and check it out. When the tornadoes stop.

With all of that being said, the campus is still on the main highway. You turn onto the road and immediately back to your right to enter the parking lot.

I think they searched out there with the idea that a suspect had been loitering around a particular area and may have left things behind like candy wrapper, cig buts, chaw, soda can, etc. Perhaps to get fingerprints or DNA from.

Maybe that was the area where the kidnapper was hanging out before the kidnapping and he was spotted by someone who notified LE and that is why they went to search there.

Maybe that was the area where the kidnapper was hanging out before the kidnapping and he was spotted by someone who notified LE and that is why they went to search there.

Well that would be assuming they knew who the kidnapper was. People hang out all over the place all the time. To know hey I saw Frank hanging around outside Holly's school would mean you had to know Frank was the kidnapper. I probably see 50 people a day hanging around various places in town where I go. I would not normally associate any of them with a crime unless their name and face were presented to me like hey did you see this guy? Oh yeah I saw him...

I've been keeping up with this case pretty religiously and wanted to make a few comments:

1. I know it seems confusing with how LE is handling things. I have to remind myself that this is a very high profile case in what appears to be a low profile area. I commend the local LE for involving the TBI so quickly, but the early reports could be just a less sophisticated group of LE trying to get some information out.
2. There is a vast area to be concerned with. I live in a large city, and a daytime abduction would have huge risks. People everywhere, areas that can no be accessed by the public, etc. If you factor in a lower response time that you'd find in a densely populated area, this gave lots of time for the perp and Holly to go one of many directions. Especially when the officers responding could have been confused about what happened and gathering information before immediately reacting. Not condemning LE, just trying to look at it logically.
3. Holly must have felt safe at her house and in her community. I don't walk to my car without checking everything, keys in hand, one hand free, aware of my surroundings. But again, I live in a city. No one expects to be confronted in front of their house at 7am, but even more so in the area she lived in. And if she was confronted, chances are she wouldn't suspect anything sinister at first. I dont' believe it was in her nature to be suspicious.
4. I personally do not believe the perp is a local. I realize I'm in the minority here, but I honestly think that community is so hightenly aware of anything unusual that a local would be found out. I also think that someone who thought their friend/family member/church member was invoived would turn them in. I dont' believe anyone in this community would want to keep the perp hidden.
5. I would love to know Holly's schedule the last few days before she was abducted. I think she came into contact with someone she didn't know and they took notice. I think she could have responded to a casual conversation which to her would be meaningless and just friendly. But it may have triggered a predator.
6. Last thing...I think we're giving the perp way too much credit for having thought this all through to every detail. I don't think it was. I think more than anything, he was "lucky". And I think the "significant find" will make him more unlucky. It is frustrating with so little information, but I have to think that LE has MUCH more information and this case will be solved very shortly.

Not necessarily. Suppose someone remembered a week or so after the kidnapping that he had noticed a guy in camo sitting or standing in that vicinity and a light went off. There are not that many people hanging around that time of morning.

Well that would be assuming they knew who the kidnapper was. People hang out all over the place all the time. To know hey I saw Frank hanging around outside Holly's school would mean you had to know Frank was the kidnapper. I probably see 50 people a day hanging around various places in town where I go. I would not normally associate any of them with a crime unless their name and face were presented to me like hey did you see this guy? Oh yeah I saw him...

What I find truly sad about this case is the unfortunate amount of time that went by between the abduction and the point at which police were able to get involved.

It's just so much time to enable a clean getaway. I don't believe LE has any clue who did this.

JMHO of course

well, I dunno about everyone else but ... that's bigger than my house.

eta:
19,000 square feet

my house is only 18,994 square feet.

Emma,

Not being nosey (only sleuthing - LOL) but your house is 18,944 square feet???:waitasec: I hope you have a lot of kids, servants and money........beats the heck out of my little ranch at 1,200 square feet....:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Did you happen to mean 1,894 square feet.......

Sorry, so off topic, but it made me smile........

score

I'm home sick today (da*n dental work!) and catching up....

My first thought at the Sunday news that the Mom was (relieved/hopeful/whatever the word was) was that maybe they found a polaroid picture with Holly holding a newspaper with a current date (as part of a deal-maker..."she's alive, cut me a deal and I'll surrender"). Yeah, I know that with all the technology (print pix @ home, cell phone cameras, etc.) that polaroid pix have gone by the wayside, but it's a pretty anonymous and untrackable way to send photo evidence....

Just an idea from a Vicoden-raddled brain.

Thank you to all that do so much sleuthing and thinking on these cases. It sure gives us all a lot to ponder....

I've been wondering about that myself. This does seem to have shifted to the possibility that LE are now in contact with the perp(s), he/they have proven that she is alive with the Sunday find, so now it's a matter of how to get him/them to either release her or for them to find her first.

Question is, who could this person or persons be that have brought in so many LE agencies right from the beginning, 24 hr protection for the family and that reward from the governor based on something LE told him at the beginning? We know they got a lot more information from the brother than what we've heard. And the cousin indicated that we didn't know the whole story.

And of course, all the silence and secrecy?

MOO

I would think their phone is being monitored. That is in case there is a ransom call. I believe that is done automatically in the case of an abduction. jmo

What I find truly sad about this case is the unfortunate amount of time that went by between the abduction and the point at which police were able to get involved.

It's just so much time to enable a clean getaway. I don't believe LE has any clue who did this.

JMHO of course

Wow, I feel just the opposite - this was one of the fastest LE and other agencies ramp-up to full steam that I've ever seen - so much so that for a time I was puzzled by it, but sure glad to see it!

I'm home sick today (da*n dental work!) and catching up....

My first thought at the Sunday news that the Mom was (relieved/hopeful/whatever the word was) was that maybe they found a polaroid picture with Holly holding a newspaper with a current date (as part of a deal-maker..."she's alive, cut me a deal and I'll surrender"). Yeah, I know that with all the technology (print pix @ home, cell phone cameras, etc.) that polaroid pix have gone by the wayside, but it's a pretty anonymous and untrackable way to send photo evidence....

Just an idea from a Vicoden-raddled brain.

Thank you to all that do so much sleuthing and thinking on these cases. It sure gives us all a lot to ponder....

Couldnt someone on a pre paid phone take her pic and send it to her mom and they still would not be able to trace it? Thess throw away phones are what terrorists use. they cant be traced! JMO

Not necessarily. Suppose someone remembered a week or so after the kidnapping that he had noticed a guy in camo sitting or standing in that vicinity and a light went off. There are not that many people hanging around that time of morning.

I dont think he would have been hanging around her school that morning before he went to her house. We dont know if/when he was there at all. SO its odd for me to think ok we know we can go look in front of her school for this guy if they didnt know who it was or that he was there. Like why didnt they go look in front of the library or in front of the 7-11 store?

Emma,

Not being nosey (only sleuthing - LOL) but your house is 18,944 square feet???:waitasec: I hope you have a lot of kids, servants and money........beats the heck out of my little ranch at 1,200 square feet....:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Did you happen to mean 1,894 square feet.......

Sorry, so off topic, but it made me smile........

score

:lol: score...c'mon now...;) :lol:

Well gosh, I hope I have a lot of servants and money too.
Kids? ... you better believe I have kids - they hold me hostage here for college tuition.

yeah, but the transition has got to be coming soon. It's been two weeks, and public hope can't fight those stats for too long.
The way I see it, it can't stay a search and rescue for too much longer, in a realistic sense unless they have real evidence that Holly is alive. And if they do, then why are they letting public interest fall, unless they believe she is voluntarily missing, an idea which they dispelled early on?

~Sigh~ This one is highly confusing.

Maybe because they don't have evidence that she is dead??

It sounds to me like they may have reason to believe she is being held hostage somewhere, and giving out too much information could cause the perp to panic and do something stupid, endangering her life.

IDK, it's just MOO, but I feel that she will be found alive and that LE knows what they are doing. I hope so, for her family's sake. She's a beautiful young lady with a bright future ahead of her. Praying that they find her soon.

:lol: score...c'mon now...;) :lol:

Well gosh, I hope I have a lot of servants and money too.
Kids? ... you better believe I have kids - they hold me hostage here for college tuition.

Ya have to admit that was funny :floorlaugh:

It could have also been Holly's dad or brother that was contacted.

Not saying this is the case either but ... just brainstorming ... big brothers sometimes have acquaintances in their circles that are ... maybe not so nice ... and think someone's sister is fair game...for paybacks or debts or whatever.

HMMMM!! Do you remember the Movie Alpha dog?

the younger brother was kidnapped cause the older bro owed a drug dealer.

Oh it was a true story!

Ya have to admit that was funny :floorlaugh:

it was - - and right when we all needed the laugh. :great:

not to mention :sleuth: I was kinda hopin' everyone would reveal their house square footage, but ... only score took the bait. :D

LOL! :blowkiss: score!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member