TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #27

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would you still be grabbing your rifle if your sister had a boyfriend who hunted and you had seen them walk into the woods together wearing camo a million times before?

So are you saying it was common for Holly to go turkey hunting with her BF on a school day at 7:30 am dressed in jeans? Also, did they always hunt behind her house near the logging road?

So are you saying it was common for Holly to go turkey hunting with her BF on a school day at 7:30 am dressed in jeans? Also, did they always hunt behind her house near the logging road?

Turkey hunting is typically done at that hour. I doubt she ever really hunted, but rather just checked out the dead animals with her bf. They did hunt in the woods surrounding the house. Clint wasn't always at the house so I am not 100% he knew her school schedule enough to know immediately that she had class and needed to leave at that exact minute to get there on time. I have lived with tons of family and friends and roommates and never known any of their schedules so precisely that I would immediately flip out if one of them deviated just a little.

I just don't find Clint's story as unbelievable as people think, or at least not for the reasons people cite. We have seen pictures of Holly and her Bf-they wore matching camo together. She helped him with animal corpses before and this is a hunting community. It just isn't unfathomable to me that he may think she was walking to the edge of the woods with her hunter boyfriend during hunting season and hunting hours. That is a reasonable conclusion to make as opposed to immediately thinking your sister is being abducted, in my opinion.

Now, the strange parts of the story for me are still centered around the timing, the scream, and possibly even the voices he claims he heard, yet didn't recognize, yet were "young."

Turkey hunting is typically done at that hour. I doubt she ever really hunted, but rather just checked out the dead animals with her bf. They did hunt in the woods surrounding the house. Clint wasn't always at the house so I am not 100% he knew her school schedule enough to know immediately that she had class and needed to leave at that exact minute to get there on time. I have lived with tons of family and friends and roommates and never known any of their schedules so precisely that I would immediately flip out if one of them deviated just a little.

I just don't find Clint's story as unbelievable as people think, or at least not for the reasons people cite. We have seen pictures of Holly and her Bf-they wore matching camo together. She helped him with animal corpses before and this is a hunting community. It just isn't unfathomable to me that he may think she was walking to the edge of the woods with her hunter boyfriend during hunting season and hunting hours. That is a reasonable conclusion to make as opposed to immediately thinking your sister is being abducted, in my opinion.

Now, the strange parts of the story for me are still centered around the timing, the scream, and possibly even the voices he claims he heard, yet didn't recognize, yet were "young."

This sentence just freaks me out...:( but then I have never even spent time with anyone who hunted or looked at dead animals...:(

Ha ha, hunting is something that really freaked me out at first, but I have become desensitized to it. It is just a way of life for a lot of people. I have seen girls like Holly (pretty, sweet, friendly, etc) grab their boyfriend's dead bird of some sort and start preparing it for dinner that night. And by prepare I do mean really, really gross processes to make it look like food and not a dead bird. It is really bizarre to see otherwise normal people taking part in hunting though, isn't it?

Hey Darcyline, if you don't mind me asking what scream? Thanks

I am talking about the scream that the neighbor heard that made him/her call Holly's mom. I just still do not get the logistics of that scream and Clint not hearing it. If someone could help me come up with an explanation I would be very grateful :)

I find it strange that she didn't have friends who would speak out about Holly and the people she knew or that her boyfriend didn't speak out either about his friends or that no one seems to be speaking about the circle of people around this girl. Did she have any friends? A best friend that may have known of any weird guys?

This perp had to be someone in the family circle or an aquaintance - not some random stranger who ran into her at her house.

did she have a facebook or myspace account?

Someone who was either labeled or called Holly's best friend spoke in the interview the family did at their church.

She has a FB account with a lot of "friends". By all accounts she is well liked.

Do we have verification on the scream? A scream from Holly at her house heard by a neighbor would be a REALLY loud scream.

I can't wrap my mind around this lifestyle. Living so far from neighbors. Brother seeing sister go, with what he thought was her BF, at 7:30am in her flip flops & jeans into the thick woods makes no sense to me...but I'm a city person.

As far as suspects, the first place to look is the family. No one has been ruled out. The second place is boyfriends and girlfriends. The next place is her church and then her school. Somewhere in this circle is the perpl.

All we have ever seen is the family and one pastor. Either him or Don Franks, the other pastor used to counsel the college croud in Parsons. They would know these kids. They know their habits and what they think and do. Pastor Kevin Bromley stepped in and is the Spokesperson for the family. We are not getting much information.

Holly is so pretty that many guys and grown men would be attracted to her. She seems bubbly to boot. I would like to know her daily routine. I heard Clint works at thenursing home in parsons (nights) and it was said he takes some classes during the day. I assume he had his own car. Did he park in the back of the house? I would think so since the others left for work early in the am.

In the Elizabeth Smart case, the abductor lusted for her. When he made his move, he was slow and he waited on Elizabeth to get shoes. This showed some kind of caring, for he didn't want her feet to get cut walking up the hills.

This person, if not known to Holly, also took his time with her. She got to gather her things and take them with her. No stranger sexual predator would do this unless he was psychotic as was the case w/Elizabeth.

What we have here is a known perp or a nutcase sexual predator. In such a small locale, they would check out every schizophrenic nutcase and nail him. In this case, LE is behaving as if they know who did this.....but maybe not. I would like to think they do, but after the Haleigh C. case, I gave up all hope with that.

Everyone says Drew is a big hunter. Is it true that CB is a big Turkey Hunter? If so, what time of day do people go hunting for turkeys down there?

I can't wrap my mind around this lifestyle. Living so far from neighbors. Brother seeing sister go, with what he thought was her BF, at 7:30am in her flip flops & jeans into the thick woods makes no sense to me...but I'm a city person.

This is one aspect of the case that hasn't been clear to me but if it were, might clear away at least a smidgen of mud:

how long had the brother been back at the family home?

My vague understanding is that he was away (for military duty?) and had returned recently.

Which facts if true point away from family/close friends toward a stranger who had cased the homestead previously and had not accounted for the brother at that time, thus the "botched" kidnapping that day.

if that makes sense.

As far as suspects, the first place to look is the family. No one has been ruled out. The second place is boyfriends and girlfriends. The next place is her church and then her school. Somewhere in this circle is the perpl.

I've not agreed with this POV since the beginning, chiefly because it seems as tho the perp was unaware of the brother's presence in the family home that day.

Seems like perp waited for the mom/dad/whomever to "clear" and then made his move.

Which strikes me as someone who had done their reconnaissance sometime prior and had--in their mind--accounted for the presence and schedules of each person in the Bobo household.

In short, they were caught off-guard by the brother's (Clint's?) presence that day.

Hard to see a family member or close friend being unaware of Clint that day.

I am just starting to look at the maps...excellent work done by a WS member. Apprx. April 24, there was a report of evidence found near the Baptist Church on Tennessee Dr (Hwy69) in Parsons. It is near a cement buisness and a rock quarry. A Funeral home is nearby. All searches stopped the next day. They searched the cement business and the rock crusher business. That is all the reports on searches available.

Tennessee Ave goes on forever...it is the main drag. Clints works off of it. Holly's school is on it and the Church is on it. The School for Holly sits way out there, secluded. If the perp was a stalker, he would be more likely to abduct her near the school than at her home.

I've not agreed with this POV since the beginning, chiefly because it seems as tho the perp was unaware of the brother's presence in the family home that day.

Seems like perp waited for the mom/dad/whomever to "clear" and then made his move.

Which strikes me as someone who had done their reconnaissance sometime prior and had--in their mind--accounted for the presence and schedules of each person in the Bobo household.

In short, they were caught off-guard by the brother's (Clint's?) presence that day.

Hard to see a family member or close friend being unaware of Clint that day.

I agree. This person planned the attack. It was not a random act. I wondered if Clint's presense changed the perp's plan from an attack to an abduction. He might have intended to attack Holly at or near her home but when Clint showed up the plan was changed.

It would have been easier with no one home and no houses very close to do what he wanted and leave Holly there. Taking her through the woods took more effort.

He would have had hours to do what he wanted and still get away but with Clint showing up he had no choice but to take her. Otherwise, she would have screamed, called the law, and he stood a better chance of being caught.

Holly was cut in the carport, he had in my opinion already begun the attack. He didn't want her dead just submissive. He had other plans. Clint shows his face and everything changes.

All of this is just conjecture on my part.

I'm still suspicious about this interview. Something isn't right. The screams, the turkey, the silhouettes, getting in touch w/mother to ask about people at the house...none of this is clicking for me.

Where was Clint when he made the calls to his mother or vice-versa? He lost track of the suspect/s while calling. He picked them up walking towards woods but knows nothing from carport/garage to the woods.

So Parsons, TN is where all the action is happening for residents of the area. All the churches, work, fast food, LE is located along Tennessee Ave in downtown Parsons. It appears most people will be coming and going from that area on a daily basis.

This cut is concerning me. I don't think she was cut. Something else happened. I can see a superficial gun shot wound (or worse) but don't get the gut feeling she was cut. I have been known to be wrong before, so I expect that I am way off on this too.

I'm still suspicious about this interview. Something isn't right. The screams, the turkey, the silhouettes, getting in touch w/mother to ask about people at the house...none of this is clicking for me.

Where was Clint when he made the calls to his mother or vice-versa? He lost track of the suspect/s while calling. He picked them up walking towards woods but knows nothing from carport/garage to the woods.

So Parsons, TN is where all the action is happening for residents of the area. All the churches, work, fast food, LE is located along Tennessee Ave in downtown Parsons. It appears most people will be coming and going from that area on a daily basis.

I think Clint is a shy country boy (I know he's a man lol). He isn't one who talks a lot to strangers and the camera, interview, everything was overwhelming to him. Not to mention his sister is missing.

If he just returned from being in the military that could explain some of it too. I have a neighbor who returned from AfGh and he was very quiet and hardly spoke for a long time. This along with not expecting something like this to be happening, expecially in a place where he had grown up feeling safe.

Clint assumed it was her boyfriend. Assumed they were looking at a turkey because they were bent over and the guy had on hunting clothes.

The Bobo's live out in the country. There is not much traffic where they live.
I tried to locate the maps and pictures of their house on previous threads but couldn't find them.

Maybe someone will be good enough to post them again.

Hope I didn't confuse you more.........

Okay...looking at the map. Again on the 24th, it was reported evidence was found. Very close to the rumor about the evidence (?) was the other rumor about the abandoned car with camo and gloves. These two rumors (evidence and car) are within walking distance of each other. I didn't know LE searched completely where the rumors are. Why would they do that? If the car wasn't relevant and no evidence was significant, why bother?

All the searches were done after the 24th in these reported areas which, BTW, are very, very close to each other. There is a HUGE rock quarry next to the supposed rumor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member