TN TN - Jennifer Wix, 22, & Adrianna Wix, 2, Cross Plains, 24 March 2004 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kathy,
Have you thought about placing an ad in the local newspaper in TN to implore the public to call with information about the missing girls? I'm not sure how expensive that would be, but hopefully not overly much.
Another thing, have you been able to hire a PI? Now that may be something that is cost prohibitive for all I know, but I wish you could get that help.
As I said earlier I will email JVM (Issues) & I see Kimster wrote to 20/20 to ask them to cover this case. There must be other media members we can appeal to.

Kathy,
Can we try to get some renewed interest from the media as the end of March '09 will mark five years that Jennifer & Adrianna have been missing? I will email a request to Issues with JVM on CNN Headline News for what it's worth. Do you have any local media contacts we could seek assistance from?
Was wondering if the new search for your girls that was being discussed on topix last summer ever happened. I've only read up to page 82 so that wasn't clear. Would be interested in looking at a timeline and/or media links related to this missing person case if you have anything like that.
I am sad too that this has gone on so long without resolution. I am particularly concerned about the little innocent girl called Nina with the beautiful blue eyes. She needs to be found.

The local media has been great about covering any vigils or anything that we have had for the girls, but there are no local "investigative" news medias. I'm sure they will be there in March.........ANY help that any of you can be to help me try and get some national media for the case would be fantastic! 48 Hours Mystery did show interest at one time, but when the sheriff's office would not cooperate with them to put the show together they lost interest. When I ask the detective now if he would be willing to cooperate at this point in the case his reply is, "yes, but it depends on what questions they ask". I feel that is a step in the right direction and that they could piece together their clips for the show with what the sheriff's office does have to say.

The search did happen this past July........BUT.......after leading Brad with Klaas Kids and Bob with Laura Recovery to believe that he would allow a search of his property........he (joe benton) pulled his consent when everyone actually got here and were prepared to search. They spent the weekend doing searches of the surrounding properties, the area where the boyfriend told he dropped them off that night and other areas that a couple of people in the community came forward and gave them information of some kind on. There were about eight dogs and about 40 volunteers on the search. The volunteers were only family and friends of the family and ONE person from the community. The sheriff's office offered no assistance at all and were not hospitable to the search teams that had traveled a long way, at all. I was embarrassed for them!

I wrote to 20/20 and asked them to do a show on this case. Next I'll be asking Dateline.

Thank you Kimster........maybe if they get enough request for the girls case they will finally respond!

Holy smokes! What were they doing, trying to disrupt the memorial? Something needs to happen before those people kill yet another person!

That's exactly what I keep trying to tell LE!!! They need to take this serious before someone else gets hurt and I do not understand why this little small community doesn't get more involved and take a stand on this.....

They did disrupt the memorial BIG TIME! That wasn't even the end of it.......I found out two days later that at some point, someone apparently went into the cemetery where we were gathered and defaced some poor peoples head stones.......the front page of the local paper that week had a big picture of a headstone with "JENN" spray painted across it........there were two others defaced as well....one had "Justice", one had "for" and then the one with "JENN".........These deranged people called the police and made a report that they had discovered it after we left! As a result of all of this....the church that we have always gathered at and who owns the cemetery, told us that we can no longer hold the girls vigils and memorials there. They explained that they in no way believed that we did that but that the elders of the church felt that it was their duty to heal the community and therefore we could no longer remember Jennifer and Adrianna there. What these people set out to accomplish was accomplished, there is no doubt. If you will notice in the news footage, check out the shirt the man is wearing and what it says on it........that says it all! Also, in the news footage, you will see that joey is coming from the fence dividing his house from the cemetery, when we approached he was leaping over the fence, there are some who believe that he is carrying a spray can in his hand at that time and the defacing had already occurred, we just didn't notice it. It was a terrible day and emotions were high.......that was the first time that anyone in the family had actually been face to face with them in the entire time. But I told them that they would continue to see me until I found my children and that I mean......I'll be there again this year!

Kathy,
Have you thought about placing an ad in the local newspaper in TN to implore the public to call with information about the missing girls? I'm not sure how expensive that would be, but hopefully not overly much.
Another thing, have you been able to hire a PI? Now that may be something that is cost prohibitive for all I know, but I wish you could get that help.
As I said earlier I will email JVM (Issues) & I see Kimster wrote to 20/20 to ask them to cover this case. There must be other media members we can appeal to.

Yes.........there are some things in the works to ask for the public's help, I'm not going into the plans right yet because of the "people" that I know lurk around on the internet and I don't want these "people" to disrupt things like they did last year. I have had several PI's work on the case through the years and none of them have came up with anything. But, there is also something along those lines in the works again.

I have a hard time finding all the news stories there have been through the years, they don't seem to stay archived where you can get to them online. I don't know if it's ok to do this and if it's not then please someone let me know and delete it...........but here is a link to another forum who kept up with a lot of the news stories in the beginning. I tried to find the one from the Robertson County Times from last year's memorial but I could not find it.

http://www.projectjason.org/forums/index.php?topic=4121.0

I am...speechless....utterly speechless

That says it all, to me.

I know what you mean! This case actually blows my mind, if you want to know the truth! I'm surprised the news media hasn't picked up on it yet!

And Kathy, after what you just filled us in on with the memorial just makes it all the more amazing! What FREAKS those people are! Kathy, please know that if they don't get what's coming to them on this earth, they WILL face justice in death for what they did to your girls!!!!!!!!

Okay, I'm writing someone else again. I keep getting re-energized!

Okay, I just mailed Dateline and told them a lot more about what is going on here! I gave them a link to this site, too!

Kathy, I feel like crying. I wish I could just hold you right now! :blowkiss:

May the Lord use Websleuths to find your girls for you!

Kathy, I feel like crying. I wish I could just hold you right now! :blowkiss:

May the Lord use Websleuths to find your girls for you!

Thank you Kimster.........it's hard to do this everyday and remain standing......if that makes sense. I don't even know how I've made it through this.......well, yes I do......by the Grace of God and the gift that he has given me in my other children, family and friends. I also know that I have to stay as strong as I can to continue searching for Jennifer and Adrianna. My biggest fear is that I will live the rest of my life and not know what happened to them. Jennifer is my first born and I have a bond with her that I can't even describe......my life revolved around her for so long that I feel utterly lost without her. I watched the home video of Adrianna's birth a couple of nights ago and my heart ached so bad for her and I can't begin to tell you how much stronger that bond between Jennifer and I became that day! My heart is just broken and I find it harder and harder each day to know how to live with this..........But anyway, sorry...........I just got a little emotional.
Thank you for your support and for all the folks here at WS that are supporting Jennifer and Adrianna.

This is for you, Kathy:

prayer32.gif

I don't usually post but after reading that Topix forum I have to post to Kathy and to Websleuths.

Kathy, I am very sorry for all that you've had to endure. I will be praying for you, your family, and Jennifer and Adrianna. This touches close to home for me as I used to work at Northcrest Medical. I am surprised in the lack of coverage and by LE. Today was the first day I heard of this.

I am glad Websleuths is here. It's somewhat a safe place (no place on the internet is truely safe) for Kathy to come and seek help, keeping Jennifer and Adrianna story alive. Hopefully something good comes posting Kathy's story here. Be it tips, leads, news coverage, thoughts, ideas, or prayers for this family.

After reading that horrible forum it really puts Websleuth's, the mods and the poster's at the top of the class!

PLEASE! If you come to this thread, read the thread and the Topix crap going on and then WRITE the media and ask them to look into this travesty!

I've written to 20/20 and Dateline NBC. Now I'm going to write to Nancy Grace...this is the link for her crime victims page of injustice. Even if she doesn't choose to showcase this case, her producers may pass it on to someone who will!

http://www.cnn.com/feedback/forms/form5.html?81

Kathy, In case you didn't know this, I am "Astonished" on the Topix board. "Lucy" said she is working on the local media. I'd love to get her in here with us. Can you contact her privately and let her know where we are? I don't want the Bs to find us now if we can help it.

Kathy, In case you didn't know this, I am "Astonished" on the Topix board. "Lucy" said she is working on the local media. I'd love to get her in here with us. Can you contact her privately and let her know where we are? I don't want the Bs to find us now if we can help it.

Just sent her a PM............she is an avid supporter of Jennifer and Adrianna and she is local here.........I haven't met her yet, but hope to in March.

Hey guys - I have been following on here too but just haven't posted. Please let me know anything I can do to help you guys out, you have much more experience at this than I do. What I don't have in experience I promise I can make up for in dedication and sheer want to. Kathy needs lots of people to help on this, she has been carrying the burden alone way to long. Thank you all for being willing to help. Jenn and Nina deserve to come home.

I agree completely. I have gone onto google and tried to make sure any place I have posted as lucyintn does not have my personal info available to the public. My ability to be invisible may work for me in this situation. You can contact me [privately as well. I check the email daily. Anything I can do on my end since I am local I will be glad to do. I do have good contacts in the local media as well as some local LE connections. Thanks in advance for any help or direction you can offer.

Kimster - also, if I try on the other board to encourage people to go to the private email to submit info it is simply to keep Joe out of the loop. Kathy has the password to the email as well. I will be glad to share any info that is posted there with you if you will send me an email address to send it to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joybird99