TN - John C. Drake, Jr., 38, estranged son of Nashville Police Chief, wanted for 2 counts of attempted 1st-degree murder, 21 Oct ‘23 *Blue Alert*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

imstilla.grandma

Believer of Miracles
Reaction score
Investigators say 38-year-old John C. Drake, Junior is the alleged suspect in the shooting of two La Vergne police officers in Middle Tennessee.
1697971573117.jpeg
Detectives say it happened at a Dollar General on Saturday.

Officers in La Vergne, a city about 20 miles (32 kilometers) southeast of Nashville, were investigating a stolen vehicle outside the store Saturday afternoon when they sruggled with the suspect, who pulled a handgun and shot them, said LaVergne Police Chief Christopher Moews.

One of the officers was shot twice, in the groin and right forearm, while the other officer was hit in the rear left shoulder. Both were taken to Vanderbilt University Medical Center in Nashville. One of the officers was released from the hospital Saturday night.

Drake Jr.'s criminal history dates back to 2005, with 59 criminal charges in Davidson County since, WSMV, the Nashville NBC affiliate, reported.

He was convicted of aggravated rape in 2009 and charged with three different sex offender violations between 2015 and 2020, and has also been found guilty of aggravated burglary, resisting and evading arrest, domestic bodily injury, assault of domestic bodily injury, criminal impersonation and other charges.

East said Drake Jr. called her the day he died. She said he told her “I love you,” and she replied, “I love you too,” and that was the entire phone call.

Wednesday, East said she was spending the day with family and friends as she grieves the loss of her son.

She pleaded for him to surrender to authorities a day before when WSMV4′s Danielle Jackson spoke with her.

“Come home. I need him to call and turn himself in. That’s exactly what I want him to do,” said East.

• Sad
Reactions: nao
“I am grateful to the members of law enforcement, including many officers from this department, who worked diligently since Saturday to locate my son and bring him into custody,” Chief Drake said in the statement released on Wednesday morning. “It was my prayer that no harm would come to him or anyone else. I am heartbroken and saddened by the outcome. I appreciate the condolences and kind words of support as my family and I privately mourn our loss.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomgetty
Back