Found Safe TN - Jordan Allen Gorman, 9, Joelton, 15 Nov 2020

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
snip: (this is interesting new info to me. Autism? Why wasn’t this known? Shouldn’t it have been? Surely the foster parents knew this. No medical issues were released by TBI.)

Authorities said Jordan didn’t say anything initially but eventually warmed up to them.

Aaron Hatt, Jordan's father, told News4 that his son has autism. At the time of his son’s rescue, Jordan was living in Cheatham County with his two siblings and their foster parents, according to Hatt.

When Hatt heard the news that his son fled the home, he said he was shocked because Jordan would never leave his older sister, Jocelyn.

"I don't think that per se, but I just know that it seems odd that he wouldn't come back if nothing else because he got hungry or because he was looking for Jocelyn," Hatt said.
Missing Tennessee 9-year-old boy found alive after three day search in woods

eta:
Hatt told WSMV that Jordan is autistic. They say he was nonverbal the first few years of his life and very small for his age.
Missing 9-year-old boy found after spending two nights lost in the woods

Last edited:
"As I got close to the tarp and noticed there was a mass in it, naturally the worst was going through my head initially until the tarp moved and it was just the biggest holy crap, I got him. And it's exactly what I said on the radio," Mathew Reese with the Christian County Rescue Team said. "As soon as I realized he was there, radio backed to these two. Hey, I have him, I have him. Eyes on, hands-on, get up here."

snip: (this is interesting new info to me. Autism? Why wasn’t this known? Shouldn’t it have been? Surely the foster parents knew this. No medical issues were released by TBI.)

Authorities said Jordan didn’t say anything initially but eventually warmed up to them.

Aaron Hatt, Jordan's father, told News4 that his son has autism. At the time of his son’s rescue, Jordan was living in Cheatham County with his two siblings and their foster parents, according to Hatt.

When Hatt heard the news that his son fled the home, he said he was shocked because Jordan would never leave his older sister, Jocelyn.

"I don't think that per se, but I just know that it seems odd that he wouldn't come back if nothing else because he got hungry or because he was looking for Jocelyn," Hatt said.

eta:
Hatt told WSMV that Jordan is autistic. They say he was nonverbal the first few years of his life and very small for his age.
I don't want to be a buzz kill but IMO they need to get his sisters out of that house until they get to the bottom as to why he ran away and didn't make any efforts to go back home.

I don't want to be a buzz kill but IMO they need to get his sisters out of that house until they get to the bottom as to why he ran away and didn't make any efforts to go back home.
The omission of Autism is very concerning. Even if not publicly announced, the searchers should have been cautioned and educated as to how to approach an autistic child. More than luck was involved here for Jordan’s miraculous rescue. Thank God for the gentle fatherly first responders. What if no one had come for him?

‘He knew just to stay put and somebody would come,’ his father, Aaron Hatt said.
Missing 9-year-old boy is found after spending two nights lost in the woods with no shoes or jacket

Last edited:
The omission of Autism is very concerning. Even if not publicly announced, the searchers should have been cautioned and educated as to how to approach an autistic child. More than luck was involved here for Jordan’s miraculous rescue. Thank God for the gentle fatherly first responders. What if no one had come for him?

‘He knew just to stay put and somebody would come,’ his father, Aaron Hatt said.
Missing 9-year-old boy is found after spending two nights lost in the woods with no shoes or jacket

Remember that this information about autism and being in foster care vs. adopted is coming from his biological dad who apparently has not seen him in a long time. JMO

Remember that this information about autism and being in foster care vs. adopted is coming from his biological dad who apparently has not seen him in a long time. JMO
BBM
Do you have a link for this?
I've been under the impression AH is JG's adoptive dad although wondering why he doesn't carry his last name.

BBM
I've been under the impression AH is JG's adoptive dad although wondering why he doesn't carry his last name.
His older sister Jocelyn was the last person to see him. He was standing at the end of the driveway, the family's pastor, Gerald Prior, told The Tennessean.

The TBI said it wasn't clear when the first 911 call was placed in Jordan's disappearance, but that a search began for him Sunday afternoon.

It is not clear how long after Jordan went missing that authorities became involved, but Monday they searched the areas surrounding his home. The Cheatham County Sheriff said there was a delay between Jordan's disappearance and alerting authorities.
On the Gorman property, there are three or four structures, the sheriff said. Property records show three residential parcels and one commercial lot. All structures were searched.
Who are Jordan's parents?
Jordan is the adopted son of Mark and Coletta Gorman. It's not clear when he was adopted by the Gorman family, but the family's pastor said Jordan was adopted alongside his two sisters.

The adoption came after the Gormans' son Josiah Lassek died in a car crash in 2011.

Jordan lives with his parents, two sisters and two other children.
AMBER Alert: What we know about Jordan Gorman missing from Joelton, TN
Adopted parents are named above - they have the same last name as Jorden.

Oh gosh, I’m know ima a serial poster here. Sorry folks, I’ll stop and settle down. Just one last one for today and I’ll go away. Check out this video @ the 1:40 mark. Ya think the area on the left was close to where Jordan was camped? Did he get the tarp from that area I wonder? Anyways, y’all have a good day.

Oh gosh, I’m know ima a serial poster here. Sorry folks, I’ll stop and settle down. Just one last one for today and I’ll go away. Check out this video @ the 1:40 mark. Ya think the area on the left was close to where Jordan was camped? Did he get the tarp from that area I wonder? Anyways, y’all have a good day.
Don't go away!
I couldn't see what you meant at the 1.40.
Tarps can be heavy though...
I was happy until the alleged father shows up for media attention. And I call BS on every word he uttered.
I'm disgusted the media interviewed him.

Don't go away!
I couldn't see what you meant at the 1.40.
Tarps can be heavy though...
I was happy until the alleged father shows up for media attention. And I call BS on every word he uttered.
I'm disgusted the media interviewed him.
Spot on... I think dad might be in denial. He’s probably deluded himself into believing that he can regain custody of Jorden and his siblings someday, which is why he referred to his legitimate parents in the eyes of the law as his “foster parents”.
That’s my belief anyway.

Spot on... I think dad might be in denial. He’s probably deluded himself into believing that he can regain custody of Jorden and his siblings someday, which is why he referred to his legitimate parents in the eyes of the law as his “foster parents”.
That’s my belief anyway.
This is a very good assessment. Thank you. You may be right.

BBM

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/missing-tennessee-9-year-old-boy-found-alive-after-three-n1248087

From this article: “Jordan's father Aaron Hatt said he hadn't seen his son in 19 months, and then, he saw the news. He and his wife knew they had to come to Cheatham County and interview with investigators.”

From this article: “Aaron Hatt, Jordan's father, told News4 that his son has autism. At the time of his son’s rescue, Jordan was living in Cheatham County with his two siblings and their foster parents, according to Hatt.”
Aaron Hatt said his son was living with his two siblings and their foster parents.

Okay, famous last words huh?...

I’m still wondering why current articles are still posting information as such linked below. MWere initial reports perhaps premature with details? Idk, I’m confused and conflicted. A feeling I’m uncomfortable with. Hopeful for further clarification at some point.

Gorman was removed from his biological parents’ custody and placed in foster care between five and six years ago, a family friend told The Tennessean. It was unclear if he was adopted by the Gorman family.

Investigators have not gone into detail about the nature of the disagreement before he ran away. The foster parents have not issued any public statements as of Wednesday.
Missing Tennessee boy, 9, found alive after spending 3 days in makeshift shelter in woods

I’m so glad that Jorden has been found. And I know it’s not our business ... but I sure would like to know why he ran and wasn’t trying to get home. I hope he recovers from his ordeal and finds the happy, safe place he deserves. Moo
The lines are now blurred between what is or is not our business or the business of this thread any longer.
I scoured Twitter for new information.
Many reports stated he had gone home and my question is which home?
I am somewhat surprised his adoptive/foster parents have not made a statement by now.
Even just to thank everybody.
I WANT to know he will remain safe in a gentle loving and caring environment.
That reassurance is missing.

Okay, famous last words huh?...

I’m still wondering why current articles are still posting information as such linked below. MWere initial reports perhaps premature with details? Idk, I’m confused and conflicted. A feeling I’m uncomfortable with. Hopeful for further clarification at some point.

Gorman was removed from his biological parents’ custody and placed in foster care between five and six years ago, a family friend told The Tennessean. It was unclear if he was adopted by the Gorman family.

Investigators have not gone into detail about the nature of the disagreement before he ran away. The foster parents have not issued any public statements as of Wednesday.
Missing Tennessee boy, 9, found alive after spending 3 days in makeshift shelter in woods
The bio father lied in that case, said they had been fostered 2 years ago.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow
Back