Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm finding a consistent need to bite my tongue whilst reading comments on FB about this case. For every kind and supportive comment, there's another, offhandedly stating "well she knew what she was doing she's not a baby."

She is 15. She can't legally operate a car, but can be held responsible for THIS?! No. This is kidnapping as the upgraded charges say.

Jmo of course. Hoping Mary Catherine Elizabeth is okay, so deeply worried.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The mental gymnastics required to blame a troubled and naive young girl - a child in the eyes of the law - when you have a 50 year old teacher who does not have the excuse of naivete - beggars bloody belief.

I'm deeply concerned about this girl but I also feel such pain for the wife and family. Such public humiliation is hard to get past. What an utter disaster all the way around, for this girl, her family, the wife and her family.... ugh. :gaah:
I agree. I can't imagine my dad being all over the news, ever. Not to mention for something so heinous and disgusting. I truly feel for both families. I think perp families are often overlooked, or even blamed. I try to also keep them in my heart. They suffer a great deal, I think. These crimes are so far-reaching. They mess up the lives of so many people.

There is a post on TC's twitter of a blood drive is that her on the right side?

someone may have noticed this already.

It also looks like it says sex on the wall not set, this has nothing to do with anything just found it odd.

First time checking in today. I cannot believe there have been no sightings of these two! I wonder if either of them have family in other states. If my memory serves me, wasn't it suggested yesterday that they might be headed for Alabama? Why Alabama?

As far as "she is not a baby....she knew what she was doing", my response is, yes she really is a baby! She simply does not have the emotional maturity to make this kind of decision separate from him cajoling her. He is a predator, pure and simple!

SABBM

As in-- where they may be headed ? Or future plans ?
That would be a good thing ! :)

And for the people who might suggest this girl was responsible for her own choices....she may have been 'older' than some her age if she had a rough background.

But at 15... I shudder to think of the ridiculous ideas I had at that age. Not running away with an adult -- but I had a friend who had horses and we'd go riding.

And I thought ,back when I was around 14 or 15 , that she and I could saddle up and go cross country riding and camping out. Maybe even do this for the whole summer.
What an adventure !!!!! [emoji14]

Riiiight..... My parents promptly squashed any notions of this as soon as I told them 'how cool it could be'.

So, yes. She is a young girl who has dreams of maybe a better life or escaping her current life. But this monster had no right to do what he's done.

I find it hard to believe (per the DM article) that his family wants their "poppy" back.

If I were his wife-- I might want him back-- but not for the reasons some might think.
:sick: :banghead: :stormingmad:

Possibly a divorce, letting him know we are done with him, sending him on a ride to jail (& not necessarily in that order !) --- might be part of my 'plan' for him... etc... Use your imagination.
MOO
But they're probably saying they want him back, to convince him not to do anything (more) stupid and harmful. I'd say the same thing. And then....

First time checking in today. I cannot believe there have been no sightings of these two! I wonder if either of them have family in other states. If my memory serves me, wasn't it suggested yesterday that they might be headed for Alabama? Why Alabama?

As far as "she is not a baby....she knew what she was doing", my response is, yes she really is a baby! She simply does not have the emotional maturity to make this kind of decision separate from him cajoling her. He is a predator, pure and simple!
I think people aren't seeing them because they went off the grid fairly quickly.

Ugh. I think about this poor girl constantly! And her siblings.

There is a post on TC's twitter of a blood drive is that her on the right side?

someone may have noticed this already.

It also looks like it says sex on the wall not set, this has nothing to do with anything just found it odd.

Could be, it's hard to tell.

ETA: Noticed then when you try to view who liked or retweeted a couple of those blood drive tweets:
1 user has asked not to be shown in this view

Nancy Grace covered the story in her podcast yesterday. Hopefully that will continue to help spread the word.

I was really hoping they would have found them by now...I feel like it gets more dangerous for her as more time goes by. I'm sure they have to be aware of the media firestorm at this point...TC must know he has completely ruined his life, so he has nothing left to lose at this point.

This is beginning to remind me of Maria in Germany. She ran off with a 53 yr old man she was in ' a relationship' with . He had a wife and kids and abandoned them. They've not been seen in over 3 yrs now .

I remember a similar case from a few years back. Sorry, I can't remember names, but the case was similar, and the young lady and older man had traveled several hundred miles and ended up on the west coast. They were recognized in a store and apprehended in the parking lot. I believe that this case will end similarly. They cannot stay underground forever. They will need food, gas, and money, and someone will spot them. They may travel quite a distance to avoid being spotted. He may have rented a cabin in another state. I hope LE has searched his computer, if possible, there may be clues in his search history.

I saw his wife on our local news last night and she looks devastated I can't imagine the pain he has caused both these families. The low amount of tips has me extremely concerned the first thing my husband thought when he heard this was that TC took her to hurt her. I don't think that's the case but I'm worried that he has convinced her to do something Romeo and Juliet style IMO. I really hope not but with the only sighting being Monday at Decatur and its now Saturday I'm praying their just off the grid somewhere instead. Tennessee has some deep backwoods and some roads are barely traveled. The weather has not been great but its warmed up today. I'm keeping a close eye for updates this has been the top story on our news. Praying for her safe return. [emoji72]

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

I will be very surprised if when these two are *hopefully* found, their appearances look the same and they are found somewhere too obvious.

I think it pretty obvious that this has been planned for a while now. I think TC is an intelligent man who planned this out to a "t". I feel like they probably changed their appearances immediately and high tailed to somewhere no one ever expected. I also think that he is a person who knows a lot about the wild and camping so the need to use as many resources as a normal person may not be the case. But the reality is that ET is 15 years old. She is going to get bored. And I think when she realizes that this is not the answer to the struggles she has in her own life, that is when it will turn dangerous. TC has already lost it all. He has nothing left to lose at this point.

There are 24 states sending in tips. They were listed on TBI'S latest update :

The TBI has received approximately 250 tips from 24 states.

STATES REPORTING TIPS:

TN, AL, WI, MS, AR, TX, GA, PA, KY, MO, WV, IA, IN, IL, MN, UT, VA, NC, MI, NE, CO, CA, NY, FL

https://tbinewsroom.com/2017/03/18/amber-alert-update-3-elizabeth-thomas/

ETA: That really is a low amount of tips 😕

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

Well just to play devil's advocate...is she a victim? Or is she a vixen? Go back 100 years or less and 15 year olds getting married. More than a few teens today are having babies at that age. In a perfect world is someone 15, 16....19 a child -yes, when we want to spin their story that way. But in reality, they are just as likely to be as worldly and mature as a 30 year old. Not saying they got that way for a good reason, but it happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LE has an Amber Alert out and the whole nation looking for her, including the FBI. They don't do that for ' vixens'.

ETA Being worldy and being mature are two different things.

Updated alert from TBI ...https://tbinewsroom.com/2017/03/18/amber-alert-update-3-elizabeth-thomas/

[FONT=&quot]"The TBI has received approximately 250 tips from 24 states. (See below for the list of states.) The low number of tips, combined with the limited resources Cummins is believed to have in his possession, leads investigators to believe he may be keeping her out of view of the general public. For example, he potentially may have them sleeping in the vehicle or Cummins may have driven them far away from Tennessee to a rural community. Having now been on the run for more than five days, Cummins may have taken her, frankly, anywhere.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Investigative efforts, over the past few days, continue to reveal a troubling pattern of behavior on the part of Cummins, and indicates he potentially planned this abduction prior to Monday. Nothing investigators have learned about Cummins or his intentions for the young girl since issuing the AMBER Alert calms the imminent concern for Elizabeth’s well-being. In fact, it only heightens it."[/FONT]
Dude is watching NCAA tournament and I've been surfing the net. Noticed that he ordered a survivalist book in Jan and posted it on IG. I'm curious as to why he took that car and not his beloved jeep?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rah1991